View Poll Results: Will France qualify for the world cup 2006?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No.

2 66.67%

Thread: Germany 2006 World Cup Qualifiers

Default Germany 2006 World Cup Qualifiers

After yesterday's 2-0 win,England remains top of group 6. but then, whats gone wrong with France? they're like underperforming since the last world cup. i cant believe they drew again last night against Israel.i dont think France will qualify for the world cup based on their recent performances. they're like 3rd now in their group..if i'm not mistaken...with Switzerland chasing behind their backs

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    .i dont think France will qualify for the world cup based on their recent performances. they're like 3rd now in their group..if i'm not mistaken...with Switzerland chasing behind their backs
    France and Israel are tied with 10 points, with France having a slightly better goal difference. Switzerland and Ireland are on 9, but both have a game in hand. It's a ridiculously tight group.
    玉木宏

blog

Funny that all of France's home games have been 0-0. If France fails to make it to 2006 this time, their fall from the top will be complete.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Switzerland=Phillipe SENDEROS=Arsenal Centre Back...thats why they are so good

France=Thierry Henry=Patrick Vieira=Robert Pires=Arsenal French Trio....why are they not performing........because the coach doesn't like Pires and never picks him...which then BREAKS the TRIO.

Pires plays on the left.....Thierry Henry links up potently on the left (was a left winger)....scores most of his goals moving inside FROM THE LEFT.....what does the coach not understand???... Don't underestimate Pires... his been one of the highest scoring/assist midfielders in the premiership for the last 4-5 years !!!!!

Lastly...France's style undermines Henry's potential.......The way Arsenal play should be the way France plays....... but then....they don't have the guy who is the Professor=Arsene Wenger

...if France drew again in the next world cup qualifier match, i think the manager should be smart enough to hang himself before receiving death threats from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Big AL Cho
    Lastly...France's style undermines Henry's potential.......The way Arsenal play should be the way France plays....... but then....they don't have the guy who is the Professor=Arsene Wenger
    Arsenal: Good enough for home, not good enough for Europe.
    玉木宏

blog

I agree................BUT what I'm talking about is thier STYLE of play.............What makes Arsenal useless in europe is because of the players, like bad defending and defenders who are not talented enough..ie Cygan, Lauren....not because of thier style of play...we still score plenty...

With France there is a lot of top defenders (duh....they choose from a whole friggin country)

SO with Top players in each position playing Arsenal's style, Goals come along pretty easily while the defence remains rock solid.

Anyone that has watched Arsenal play when they are on form will know that it is simply beautiful and breathtaking....not to mention effective as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big AL Cho
    I agree................BUT what I'm talking about is thier STYLE of play.............What makes Arsenal useless in europe is because of the players, like bad defending and defenders who are not talented enough..ie Cygan, Lauren....not because of thier style of play...we still score plenty...

With France there is a lot of top defenders (duh....they choose from a whole friggin country)

SO with Top players in each position playing Arsenal's style, Goals come along pretty easily while the defence remains rock solid.

Anyone that has watched Arsenal play when they are on form will know that it is simply beautiful and breathtaking....not to mention effective as well.
    Beautiful play on its own doesn't get you anywhere if you don't work hard for it. Greece didn't have spectacular players either, but they still won Euro 2004. There can be style without substance, which is what personifies Arsenal in Europe, which just means they aren't getting anywhere. Talent doesn't count much if you can't gel 11 individualists into a unit. You play to win, not to look pretty.
    玉木宏

blog

Once again I agree...............BUT WHERE in my post did I say that Beautiful play ALONE can win matches(no football fan will be that pathetic)?????

Arsenal's style is considered as beautiful play but the way Arsenal play, REQUIRES the 11 players ..as you say... to become a Unit........otherwise it cannot describe how Arsenal plays!!!

Obviously teams have to gel and play to win............I didn't say they should just play 'pretty football'

Greece won because all the major teams underperformed...if you look at most of the games against them...the opposition dominated......But where are they now???? They might not even qualify for 2006.....Form is temporary,Class is permanent.......... I agree not only Talent counts...what I'm saying is France can be a unit like Greece WHILE having individual talent and playing good football....thats where coaching comes in to make them gel.

Arsenal are looking pretty much like style without substance. They haven't been effective when it mattered, and their over-reliance on a few players, notably Henry, is costing them dear. Just like France.
    玉木宏

blog

Sheesh...anyone saw the Denmark vs England friendly yesterday? Sven's team was thrashed 4-1 by the Danes....England's 2nd half performance really pissed me off. And now back to the issue "is Sven good enough for the place of England manager"....i wonder how England will deal with this humiliating defeat in preparation for the next world cup qualifier game. With this sort of performance, England has no chance of winning the world cup

Anyone heard what David James said on the press on their humiliating lost to the Danes ? what a lame excuse. no wonder he got kicked aside by the England manager.

Sheesh...anyone saw the Denmark vs England friendly yesterday?
    Thats just what it is....... a friendly...........can't look too much into that result........bad result definitely.......but its not the end of the world by a long mile..........
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/narutotest/jiraiya.jpg'), '')

OK...forget the friendly matches then. Lets get back to the world cup qualifiers. Now that the trio,Zidane n Makalele n that other guy whom i forgot the name, are back to the French squad, i guess their chances of qualifying will increase a bit eh?

I don't follow the sport news enough recently, so dun no how it's going

I am France supporter. Hope france will be qualified for World Cup 2006.
    Go Henry, Pires, Zizou!!!!!
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net