Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Reaction I-IV 《陀槍師姐I-IV》

i'm kinda sick of the AR series, i watched all three (my fav being AR 1 and 2 because of Esther Kwan). and it's getting duller and dumber, not because of the actors (all of them are excellent, esp Joyce) because of the storyline

it's the same plot line everytime!
    but i'll watch the AR 4 anyway...
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Originally posted by jasonkidd38
    Not only Joyce has something bad in each AR series. But Bobby too.

His love life is basically...Break up, then together, then break up again , then together again, then....
    I would like to think that it is the ability of the artistes to act that opens the doors to such roles that allow them to display their acting skills.

On the other hand...Bobby's role, Siu Sung, isn't that tragic. At least he gets a host of women around him. Afterall, think about it. Which is worse: Having a complicated love life or getting rape, always facing the risk of losing your children and having a deteriorating relationship with your spouse?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by janl; 09-06-03 at 07:35 AM.
    *~*~*~*~*
    Favourite Actresses :
    Joyce
    Maggie
    Annie

------------------------------------------------

Favorite Actors:
    Roger Kwok
    Joe Ma

Favourite Couples:
    Joyce & Marco
    Joe & Maggie
    Annie & Chilam
    *~*~*~*~*

it's really sad how they keep on planting these stuff to joyce...i mean like...yeah they're trying to show she's strong but come on.....what more can you do to a girl..
    first she gets raped..then loses her child....then almost divorces....and now they're trying to take her unborn child away....then her husband?
    what has she done to deserve this?....story line really sucks.....
    and bobby too.....for goodness sake...let him settle down.....it's like...he falls in love then breaks up....then gets married...then divorce....then everyone just happens to leave him...i mean come on....is the chan family cursed or something?
    or are they only trying to show that ppl can go through all obstrucles and still be able to survive....
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

Originally posted by ice_cream
    it's really sad how they keep on planting these stuff to joyce...i mean like...yeah they're trying to show she's strong but come on.....what more can you do to a girl..
    first she gets raped..then loses her child....then almost divorces....and now they're trying to take her unborn child away....then her husband?
    what has she done to deserve this?....story line really sucks.....
    and bobby too.....for goodness sake...let him settle down.....it's like...he falls in love then breaks up....then gets married...then divorce....then everyone just happens to leave him...i mean come on....is the chan family cursed or something?
    or are they only trying to show that ppl can go through all obstrucles and still be able to survive....
    Agreed...life for them is too "happening" in that sense... Their characters are really tragic but i guess the artistes' performances make the show worthwhile. But then again, why must they add Frankie, Yoyo and Angie? What a killjoy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *~*~*~*~*
    Favourite Actresses :
    Joyce
    Maggie
    Annie

Favorite Actors:
    Roger Kwok
    Joe Ma

Favourite Couples:
    Joyce & Marco
    Joe & Maggie
    Annie & Chilam
    *~*~*~*~*

well i think they're trying to add more tragic to the series to make people want to see what happens i mean like if every series has a happy ending then whats the point in watching it, plus it gets boring after a while.
    CuReNtLy WaTcHiNg:
    tWiN oF bRoThErS
    wAr AnD bEaUtY
    NaRuTo

FiNiShEd WaTcHiNg:
    To CaTcH tHe UnCaTcHaBlE
    tO gEt UnStUcK iN tImE
    pLaCeBo CuRe
    HiDdEn TrEaSuReS

Default Armed Reaction IV trailer

anywun want the trailer ?

only if yu qot AIM , MSN , or yahoo messenqer
    i can send it to yu .

Leave ur screename if you do .

neways if here's ma screenames .

AIM - i dummie x3
    yahoo - aznprincezzgurl
    MSN - [email protected]

IM me ,

not really gonna be on msn or yahoo tho
    tp 3 fv tvb srs

.1_ps d dws th s f lv
    .2_fml m
    .3_qu hrs

fav actresses`

[x].flora chan
    [x].ada ch0i
    [x].maggie cheung
    [x].kenix kw0k
    [x].y0y0 mung
    [x].jessica hsuan

fav actors`

[x].r0ger kw0k
    [x].m0ses chan
    [x].lawrence ng
    [x].l0uis ko0
    [x].lawrence ng
    [x].gallen lo

[`i baybee lily be lovinq y0ohs<3`]

Just saw the first 2 eps....and

SPOILER SPACE

I have to say I didn't find it that entertaining at all. The supposedly funny parts were not funny. But I have said earlier that I am tired of the AR sequels so I may be a harsh judge. It's more of the same old formula...another big triad gang doing prostitution, more fights, another woman gang leader. Like in AR2, Siu Sang is super attentive (his "sweetness" with Zhi was a bit nauseating and seems forced!) & desperate to get married whilst his gf is not yet ready, they bicker. Feng & Sam Yuen are the same, she's pregnant & motherly & there's pressure from the in laws, and yes tragedy is surely about to befall her at some stage since she's dreaming about it. Oh, and their daughter is much older, got to be around 8-10 years old I think!

They really need to think of NEW plots! Zzzzzzzz.........
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

- William Blake

spoiler ahead

dey didn't take away sam yuens unborn child.

Originally posted by zutalors
    Just saw the first 2 eps....and

SPOILER SPACE

I have to say I didn't find it that entertaining at all. The supposedly funny parts were not funny. But I have said earlier that I am tired of the AR sequels so I may be a harsh judge. It's more of the same old formula...another big triad gang doing prostitution, more fights, another woman gang leader. Like in AR2, Siu Sang is super attentive (his "sweetness" with Zhi was a bit nauseating and seems forced!) & desperate to get married whilst his gf is not yet ready, they bicker. Feng & Sam Yuen are the same, she's pregnant & motherly & there's pressure from the in laws, and yes tragedy is surely about to befall her at some stage since she's dreaming about it. Oh, and their daughter is much older, got to be around 8-10 years old I think!

They really need to think of NEW plots! Zzzzzzzz.........
    WORD.

You basically summed up everything I wanted to say. They have this state-of-mind that if they kept destroying Sam Yuen's life, we're going to keep watching and you'll know she's going to go on a manic vengence and we're supposed to be looking foward to that, girlpower and all. On the same note, I know I'll probably be more drawn to Fung and Sam Yuen's storyline more than Siu Sung and Zhi's. According to AR years, Siu Sung's like what--50+ and he's nothing but a little kid. It used to be cute but now it's just overkill going on the forth run. I'm still not convinced with Bobby and Ada as opposed to Joyce and Marco. I hope they'll stop playing this same card over and over and--

You guys! Are they really going to kill Marco Ngai's character? Please tell me if you really witness that scene, or is it just rumor floating around? I will not watch the series if that's the case.

true, true.
    the storyline is not the best.
    soooooo dramatic!!!
    toooooo dramatic in fact.

but i still like it. just watching for the fun of it.
    i mean, it does have a bunch of great actors/actresses!

and stop comparing it to the previous ones.
    it'll never be as good. (even of it is, the prev would have a better impression coz it it came out first)

oh, and i think this one is too 'black society' based, it's losing the plot of promoting 'madam's with guns''. (shit! i feel like i've just contradicted myself! i'm meant to support this right???)

how many eps is there in this series?
    Raymond Lam Rox my world!

40 chapters, I think.

ya theres 40 eps

40, so much? i think 20 is enough

Gosh!!! I don't like Ada!!!!!!!!! Simply because she gets annoyed with Bobby!!!!! She actually misunderstood Bobby!!!!! Feel sorry for Bobby!!!!!! I am so scared to the part where they break up!!!
    I just hope Ada and Bobby will meet back again!! (little chance)

Well if anyone know, please tell me!!!
    ~TVB Alwaiz~

i feel like this series is not the same "armed reaction" anymore....i mean the first 3 parts did not only focus on triads..they had heaps of other stories.....but this one.....full on.....upto like episode 12....it seems like little has progressed... and little side stories.......
    i don't really like bobby's character.....he's annoying when it comes to ada's character.....true....it's his gf and blah blah....but....can't he loosen up a bit....so siu hei al the time.....
    and i don't like frankie's character either......he's like 1 of these "i'm so good" ppl......
    i'm just dreading the time when marco's character dies.....sad....
    Last edited by ice_cream; 10-02-03 at 03:47 AM.
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

I just think it's better than AR3... It's so enjoyable. And Bobby's character is funny.
    In the first 3 parts, there're different cases too... The only difference is that in part 4, it focused on only one triad and that triad's doing different cases.

bigger poster:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.angelfire.com/blog/mtang/Armed_Reaction_IV4.jpg')
    Learn how to die, and you learn how to live.

I've just started watching AR4. I have only seen AR1, not 2 and 3. I like Bobby and Esther better than Bobby and Ada. But my fav couple has got to be Marco and Joyce. They're so cute together and so sweet. It'll be very sad if Marco dies in this series.
    oh and I dont think the girl actress who plays their daughter fits in with them. Somehow I get the impression she's more like their younger sister!