View Poll Results: Which translation would you like to see next?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bordertown Wanderer - BianCheng LangZhi

12 50.00%
  • Sword of the Third Master - San Shaoye De Jian

12 50.00%

Thread: Which translation would you like to see next?

Default Which translation would you like to see next?

Hi all,

The 'Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword' translation is winding down and should be finished within a couple of weeks. I was looking forward to translate next either its sequel, 'Bordertown Wanderer' (BianCheng LangZi) or 'Sword of the Third Master' (San Shaoye De Jian).

Bordertown Wanderer follows the story of the disciple of Li XunHuan, Ye Kai, and a crippled albino with an extremely fast sabre, Fu HongXue. A sort of mystery/thriller in which Fu HongXue tries to discover the secrets of his origins.

Sword of the Third Master features two of the most famous swordsman in the Gu Long canon, Yan 13, a mysterious assassin with a blinding fast sword and the Third Master, Xie XiaoFeng, an incredible prodigy who defeated the number one swordsman of his time at the age of 13. Two incredible swords, one must eventually fall!

I figured I'd leave this poll up until 'Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword' is done and then start on whichever novel gets the most votes. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Last edited by bliss; 04-01-05 at 10:47 AM.

Which one is actually a better story ? I've heard many praises about Sword of the Third Master though.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Which one is actually a better story ? I've heard many praises about Sword of the Third Master though.
    I think Sword of the Third Master is really good in the beginning and towards the end. It kind of dragged throughout the middle .... just my opinion though. Bordertown Wanderer was a little better paced, and Fu HongXue is one of Gu Long's most interesting and captivating characters. I don't know, I'm really undecided on which one is better, that's why I'm putting it up to a vote.

This is kind of off topic but has anyone seen the adaptation of Sword of The Third Master? Is it accurate or not? Is it worth watching?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm not really voting, I've already read them. But just want to say I agree w. Bliss. They're both good stories, but I think Bordertown Wanderer has a better overall pacing. It seems GL put a lot of thought into this particular story, especially considering he wrote this as a prequel after having already written the other Ye Kai/Fu HongXue stories.

Also, Kara already translated several chapters of Third Young Master, so maybe Bliss can just continue it if he decides to take that on.