Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yan Hua San Yue [Benny Chen Hao Ming, Gao Yuan Yuan, Lu Xing, Hao Lei]

Default Yan Hua San Yue [Benny Chen Hao Ming, Gao Yuan Yuan, Lu Xing, Hao Lei]

Title: 烟花三月 (Yan Hua San Yue)

Director: Liang Zhi Cheng

Main cast and roles:

Benny Chan as the famous Manchu poet Na Lan Rong Ruo:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/20040820/Img221647311.jpg')

Gao Yuan Yuan as the lovely and talented Shen Wan:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/20040820/Img221647245.jpg')

Lu Xing as the Qing emperor Kang Xi:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/20040820/Img221647152.jpg')

Hao Lei as the concubine Kong Si Zhen:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/20040820/Img221647179.jpg')

Gui Ya Lei as the steady and wise Xiao Zhuang Tai Hou:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/20040820/Img221647229.jpg')

Du Yu Lu as Na Lan Ming Zhu
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/20040820/Img221647283.jpg')

Du Zhi Guo as the powerhungry and controlling Ao Bai
    Zhang Feng Shu as Guan Ying Xing
    Li Yu Ze as Suo La Wang
    Zhang Cheng Guang as Sun Yan Ling
    Lin Xiang Ping as Yi Wa
    Zhou Gui Yuan as Suo Er Tu

Website (Info, tons more pics, story/episode summaries in Chinese, etc.)

Trailer

Review by wisefool/sunnysnow
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-03-06 at 10:03 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is there a previous thread? I remember see it b4...
    Wonder when S'pore will release this drama, im still waiting lol!!

i've watched 4 episodes of this...and it's really good!!!
    ~Lysa~

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    Is there a previous thread? I remember see it b4...
    Wonder when S'pore will release this drama, im still waiting lol!!
    There was a lot more to this thread, but then the big crash happened and much of it was deleted. I'm too lazy to update the first post again.

This is a good series. Do watch it when it's released over in Singapore.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

just got this series, can't wait to watch it!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Smile

Hmm... still like Benny with more hairs...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

I haven't seen this series yet but was going to watch it. Can someone tell me if GYY is the leading actress for this series? I hope so...she deserve to have a leading role. Benny looks to be serious in this series. I like his roles to be spontaneous and goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    I haven't seen this series yet but was going to watch it. Can someone tell me if GYY is the leading actress for this series? I hope so...she deserve to have a leading role. Benny looks to be serious in this series. I like his roles to be spontaneous and goofy.
    gyy is one of the leading actress in the series. the other one is hao lei. it seems like gyy always shares the lead with someone. benny is very serious in this role.

Quote Originally Posted by lookie
    gyy is one of the leading actress in the series. the other one is hao lei. it seems like gyy always shares the lead with someone. benny is very serious in this role.
    Thanks..I'll skip this one. Seem it might be boring. GYY will have a leading role one day.

Default GYY

Sunnysnow: is your avatar a pic from Tian Xia Di Yi of GYY as Piao Xue and the other person with her back to us is Hai Tang/Michelle? Just wondering, because GYY's face always changes. Like right after YI TIAN TU LONG JI, I couldn't recognize her in Tian Xia Di Yi. And her pic in this drama is so different from all of them.

Also, crazylife123, GYY does have a lead part as Zhi Ruo in YI TIAN TU LONG JI. And personally, I know why you think she is a good actrice. She is, but there's something about her that gives me the same feeling in every single drama. Like I can't find her without the sad feeling. And every time, she has the same exact eyes. The sad, depressing look. She has the same emotion. I think she has to show more depth and character. Maybe it's just because all her character lack depth?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Thanks..I'll skip this one. Seem it might be boring. GYY will have a leading role one day.
    the series can be a bit slow and draggy but it is still worth watching. its actually a pretty good series..u should give it a try

at first i thought the series was going to be a very slow-paced and draggy one. but surprisingly, i started to like it as the the series progresses, though it's difficult to grasp the plots and stuff sometimes. it's not a really draggy one and i found some parts a little rushed (fault of the editors i suppose) cause certain scenes are cut quite abruptly. its a good series though a little too heartbreaking, the deaths of the lead actresses one by one is just too depressing, i felt especially sad after shen wan(gyy) died, leaving rong ruo all alone since she's the last woman he'll ever love and i know after her, there'll be no one else...i think i'll go mad if i were him, loved ones dying 1 after another. the last scene showing rong ruo's father mourning for his son was also rather heart-wrenching.

i thought benny did well in portraying the serious, tragic and very dramatic life of nalan rongruo. i like the 3 women in his life, especially si zhen who's a very interesting character at the beginning, but she kinda turned bland after she married sun yanling and i didnt really like her after that. but the actress portraying her is just so soft and beauitful. yu chan is also a gentle and likable character as well, and the actress looks so sweet. i dunno but i didnt really like gyy in this series much, her character, shen wan is talented and smart, but i didnt like the way they made her seem so weak and sad. i liked shen wan better after she met her father, she was like a walking cropse before that, heartbroken and emotionless. this is definitely not a gyy series, i preferred si zhen to gyy's shen wan. but i have to say gyy really excels in portraying soft and tragic characters, her crying will break your heart and she's so good with those sorrowful eyes and sad dazes. the same goes for the other actresses in this series, beautiful but poignant. Lu Xing was alright as Kangxi, though he looks mostly angry, stressed and worked up most of the time, though ok for a young and ambitious emperor, but lacks the youth and charm. the part where he loved and pinned for shen wan so much was too exaggerating. he is still very raw in sad and crying scenes, the part he cried when shen wan was dying looked so fake and forced.

i thought the ending was a little rushed, especially the part shen wan was stabbed trying to protect the emperor, which i thought quite unnecessary (probably to add on to the drama). though the series doesnt show that, it was mentioned that suo er tu( is that his name?) and suo la wan would be exposed of their evil deeds later right? i was wondering when would it be they were branded villians and stuff? and does any one know whether the downfall of the Nalans was during this time(in the series) when MingZhu was stripped off his power and all?
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-09-05 at 11:21 AM.

Wise Fool

Im up to eps.10 nw... i tot d plot has been pretty gd so far. Aniwae in which eps. does 00 1st appear in?

Im up to eps.10 nw... i tot d plot has been pretty gd so far. Aniwae in which eps. does 00 1st appear in?
    gyy appears in episode 23. anyway, is this series selling in s'pore now?

btw, does anyone have the other background themes of the series besides the opening theme and ending one cause i have those already. im looking for this other flute theme rong ruo plays whenever he's sad and this piece shen wan always plays on her qin. anyway, i really love the ending theme, its such a beauitful and sad feeling piece.

Wise Fool

I liked Hao Lei better than GYY in this series too. I agree that 00's role was just so .

Yes, the Suo family's downfall came after the fall of the Nalan family. It just wasn't shown in the series since that wasn't exactly the focus.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

actually i just found out that this series is somewhat accurate to history. nalan rongruo died at the age of 30(same as the series), his dad was kangxi's fave PM(same as series) and his melancholic poems were mainly due to the early death of his wife(same as the series, except in here, it wives).

one reason i didnt like shen wan much in here was also due to the dubbing of her voice. i dunno, the dubber's voice was kinda low and sounded annoying, not that sweet and sophisticated voice which i imagined shen wan to have.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-23-05 at 10:50 PM.

Wise Fool

Speaking of voices, have you ever heard GYY's real voice? Is it sweet sounding like you'd have imagined Shen Wan to have?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I dunno if d drama is selling outside bt i rented d vcd set fr my rentalshop. (China version)

Erm i believe Shen Wan's voice in Yan Hua is 00's real voice... coz i rem i heard 00's greeting voice msg @ her official site b4, beri similar lor

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Speaking of voices, have you ever heard GYY's real voice? Is it sweet sounding like you'd have imagined Shen Wan to have?
    i've heard her voice being played at her official forum before. but it's just a short one with her saying "da jia hao, wo shi yuan yuan."(hello everyone, im yuan2). it's rather high and sweet, like a typical gentle girl in some wuxia series

Wise Fool

I dunno if d drama is selling outside bt i rented d vcd set fr my rentalshop. (China version)

Erm i believe Shen Wan's voice in Yan Hua is 00's real voice... coz i rem i heard 00's greeting voice msg @ her official site b4, beri similar lor
    i doubt shen wan's voice in yhsy is 00's real voice. it's much lower and matured-sounding than the one i heard in her forum. the voice i heard at her forum was a sweeter and more perky one. the one is yhsy is very bland and totally different.

i dunno but i thought that her voice in hsds and txdy sounded more like her real voice i heard in the forum.

Wise Fool