Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [channel 8] Potraits Of Home

i still watch the series on and off. it seems to be a bit draggy now. though there may be a suspense part. did dong-ge plan his own kidnap? what is the reason? what happen later? why shitou did not tell the truth [is it because he thought that dong-ge is dead?]? what happen to the ransom?

Are the twins Wanwan and Jingjing the same person in real life or twins? I've been curious about that for quite a while......

Quote Originally Posted by mich
    She did. If you were Li Tian, would place this time bomb with you?
    She did not. At least not fully. Li Tian had no idea how badly Baozhu was influencing Daqiu behind her back. She had no idea how Baozhu was behind the trouble of some stuff eg. the fishball contamination problem. She had no idea what Baozhu was plotting with Daqiu. All she knew was that Baozhu is pretentious and very mean.

Baozhu don't seem half as funny as before. Pity.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    All she knew was that Baozhu is pretentious and very mean.
    That's what I was referring to. It's a no-brainer that Baozhu will be another source of headache...so why encourage Daqiu to marry Baozhu?? Li Tian is senile. Hahaha.

It was ricidculous that the Boss was so easily cowered just because that Daqiu barked and proceeded to distributing his shares.

Anyway, gave up watching. Would rather watch The White Flame at tv2.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

wrong place. but since there is some discussion about you fu here, i thought that i may continue here. any good reason why ah huat must die?

It was ricidculous that the Boss was so easily cowered just because that Daqiu barked and proceeded to distributing his shares.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    wrong place. but since there is some discussion about you fu here, i thought that i may continue here. any good reason why ah huat must die?
    Don't think so. I knew he's got cancer or going to get it when he couldn't stop coughing back in the motel. Well, typical of Mediacorp dramas, no?

for those who are still watching potraits of home, are you feeling a bit tired now? it seems to be very draggy. e.g. the "whacking" of baobei's marriage, why must it last two eps?

for those who are still watching potraits of home, are you feeling a bit tired now? it seems to be very draggy. e.g. the "whacking" of baobei's marriage, why must it last two eps?
    Is Dayang a hypocrite? Seems so. Twice or so he says that it's ok if Baobei doesn't love him, and then when Baobei talks to him about it, he didn't disagree with the marriage. And then he went to make a mess out of it. If he's not a hypocrite, he's just a jerk who had his brains burnt out in misfortune.

But think about it, that's good. He's already such a troublemaker when he's mentally challenged, won't he be cracking evil plots here and there if he's normal?!

Anyone else agree with me that it's time to send Dayang into the white padded cell?

yeah, the series is getting more and more draggy. watching it on and off now. esp the relationship between dadi, hua jie, ruan mianmian is rather weird, i mean the combination.. hehe..
    ..Fanatic Fan Of..
    -Alec Su-
    -Sammul Chan-
    -Kenneth Chan-
    Currently Watching(VCD),,
    `` My Date W/ A Vamp. 3
    Currently Watching On Teebee,,
    `` Yummy Yummy

I have not watched this crappy Mediacorp production ever since Dae Jung Geum aired on Starhub Cable 55.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

I have not watched this crappy Mediacorp production since... um, the first episode.

I've stopped watching it already. It's so dumb.

me too!! especially when the mother trusted the 3rd bro...
    Favourites : almost all Tvb SeRieS(especially DIF1-4, TITS(my all time favourite), dream of colours, Surviver Law, LITCOS), magic ring, tian guo, qing wa and jewel in the palace

Junior Member nothin_in_tis_world92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keii-
    Are the twins Wanwan and Jingjing the same person in real life or twins? I've been curious about that for quite a while......
    They are twins, saw them b4 in real person!
    FlOmO rOcKz - CuTeSt cOuPlEs EvEr

NO show is perfect, but if u compared POH to other TVB drama of similar genre like A Kindred Spirit or VOH, this rely falls short.

Even ATV Light of million hope, which i know piss a lot of ppl off, touches me with certain scenes.

Some things i can't stand abt this show (typical of almost all Mediacock dramas):

1) First the names of its main character... my god, can't think of slightly more inspiring names instead of "Da-di" "Da-hai"... sounds damm low class. Shows the producers & ppl at Mediacock can't be bothered

2)Redundant & unbelievable characters:
    Hua Jie--- Xiang yun is a fine actress, it's rely the director's bloody fault... can anyone tell me what's point of her role?? Totally unrelated to the family, but staying with them, has 2 daughters (btw Jenny shing of BF2 was much cuter..)
    Shi Tou--- another incredibly silly name... & he is unbelievably kind & loving to the 3 sons not his

Fynn--- Again, Yvonne lim is fine, but the way they tried to "justify her evil actions is sooooooo lame... PLs if the ppl at Mediacock ever read this, pls buck up. It's like they need a residental villian & so simply plant her there.

Like Zhihao in Kindred spirit, where his character undergo changes frm a nice fillial son to Mr Bad guy was quite well done & believable

Jus cos she lost a BF & Fynn has to kill her BF, bed 3 men & all sort of ridiculous evil stuff... the whole part on her is so soo so lame

4) Shao dong--- Even worse... i nearly baff out laughing when he seemed to appear frm nowhere in every scene after DY & BZ... has he nothing to do?

For family, long running serial, Mediacock can perhaps take a cue frm older TVB serials like Seasons which had an excellent storyline, even better than A kindred spirit.

I jus get this feeling the producers, scriptwriter etc didnt put in much effort to create somethk that'll be a classic..
    I'm habitually disappointed by our local productions

Fynn--- Again, Yvonne lim is fine, but the way they tried to "justify her evil actions is sooooooo lame... PLs if the ppl at Mediacock ever read this, pls buck up. It's like they need a residental villian & so simply plant her there.

Like Zhihao in Kindred spirit, where his character undergo changes frm a nice fillial son to Mr Bad guy was quite well done & believable

Jus cos she lost a BF & Fynn has to kill her BF, bed 3 men & all sort of ridiculous evil stuff... the whole part on her is so soo so lame
    People does all sort of crazy things for the most trivial reasons. If you think this is a silly reason for absolute revenge, you probably don't know the world or humans well enough. Besides, Fyn is mental.

i have completely stopped watching the series. the other day, after all these weeks, i still saw the short of shaodong walking behind baobei and dayang. it's real draggy. really wondering how's the rating for this series???

yeah...the show is really dumb! now i only stay long enough to listen to the theme and sub songs...quite well written and composed... the best one is the sub tat has the first line going abt staying in the bathtub blah blah...it has been a long time since MEDIACRAP's series offer any DECENT theme songs..

The show is dumb, and this definitely affects the artistes. Thanks to the scriptwriters for not putting effort into writing good scripts. They simply tried to duplicate another series using Holland V's idea, which was equally dumb on most parts. Singapore series can never be compared to Hong Kong's. Probably had a lot to do with the 'restrictions' and 'guidelines' from people.
    Last edited by Xeallor; 08-13-05 at 03:09 PM.