calvin soh
    terence cao
    pierre png
    zhang yaodong
    felicia chin
    apple hong
    cynthia koh
    le yao
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

yes, watching this series on and off. but i seem not able to remember the names of the six brothers.

eldest - da di??
    second - da san??
    third - da qiu??
    fourth - ??
    fifth - ??
    sixth - ??

Eldest - Dadi
    Second - Dashan
    Third - Daqiu
    Fourth - Dahai
    Fifth - Dayang
    Sixth - Dajiang

Yaaay I remembers!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

lol... i hate baozhu character inside.. juz now dadi was very funny.. haha,..with the ruanmian that timee
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

I still am quite irritated with the names of the brothers, why would anybody give their sons such obiang names? Big mountain, big valley, big land... was there an explanation in the show as to why they were given such names? Back to nature or something? I have not been following the show...

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    lol... i hate baozhu character inside.. juz now dadi was very funny.. haha,..with the ruanmian that timee
    maybe you are not used to cynthia playing an irritating character?
    what is the name of the actress who played ruan mian mian?

possibly it is the tradition. e.g. the names of my sisters are all related to treasures like jewel, gold, silver, jade.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I still am quite irritated with the names of the brothers, why would anybody give their sons such obiang names? Big mountain, big valley, big land... was there an explanation in the show as to why they were given such names? Back to nature or something? I have not been following the show...

Yeah well... they can name their sons after things in nature... its fine by me, but why "Da" in front? It makes it terribly obiang... I am sure your sisters are not call Da Jin, Da Ying or Da Yu right?

no not da or xiao, but equally obiang - "ah". and i am ah hock.
    Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Yeah well... they can name their sons after things in nature... its fine by me, but why "Da" in front? It makes it terribly obiang... I am sure your sisters are not call Da Jin, Da Ying or Da Yu right?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    maybe you are not used to cynthia playing an irritating character?
    what is the name of the actress who played ruan mian mian?
    er.. jesseca lau!!! she's from malaysia!!!

Lousy family-oriented drama. Why are they always making such shows?

Because they're low budget productions and they can promote a few relatively-unknowns at the same time.

I'll personally like to see more police-crime dramas or series with romantic genres. This series, unfortunately, has none of those.

And I hate that Bao-zhu character. What's up with her abalone-stealing habits?
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

She's just been dishonest and all.

I hate Dayang and Baobei, and any scenes of them together. It's so downright irritating! Baozhu is right that they are the perfect match for each another! One is an absolute 'huachi', the other is an overly done Mary-sue! At least Baozhu is an amusing character!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

this show is funny....cannot stand Xu Mei Zhen in this show followed by Calvin Soh...but u can said they acted well...personally, i like Adrian pang's character here...found him weird in the beginning but now likeable..esp since he revealed signs that he likes Xiang Yun.

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch
    Lousy family-oriented drama. Why are they always making such shows?

Because they're low budget productions and they can promote a few relatively-unknowns at the same time.

I'll personally like to see more police-crime dramas or series with romantic genres. This series, unfortunately, has none of those.

Maybe lousy to you .. being in 7pm slot means it's meant for the family (family oriented like u say) and i believe there are many many out there who enjoy ... . There r few irritating scenes but on whole it's light hearted and entertaining imo ... keep open mind n just enjoy it .... i catch it whenever .. .. don't actually chase cuz when miss an episode can still follow the gist of it....

Actors like Adrian Pang (my fave) Li Shi Qi,Liu Qianyi,Sanyow,Cynthia,Calvin Soh (another of my fave) Terrence,Pierre and Xiang Yun cannot be considered low budget to promote a few unknowns .... most are experienced ... Jessica Lui .. up and coming already won accolade for her previous role .. ..

And trust me i've come across (irritating/greedy ) Bao-zhu's character in real life ... haha ...

7 pm slot meant for family entertainment... yeah, well, that does not mean that families only enjoy family oriented drama series. The ratings are high because there's nothing else to watch during that time slot other than this series liao. Channel U is as dismal as usual ever since the merger. So technically most of the people who have nothing to do during that time would tune in, does not really indicate that alot of people really like the show. Heck, I on the TV at that time too, just to have some background noise.

While it may not be a show to promote unkowns, it is definitely low budget, the scenes usually revolve around that few places, and since it a frigging long show, expenses are bound to be cut here and there.

The reason why I don't like this show is
    1)Characters too over the top
    2)Unoriginal storyline revolving around family problems
    3)The mother has a completely different accent from the rest of the family
    4)Repititive and low on good humour (high on bad humour though)
    5)And a host of other reasons I cannot be bothered to list

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    She's just been dishonest and all.

I hate Dayang and Baobei, and any scenes of them together. It's so downright irritating! Baozhu is right that they are the perfect match for each another! One is an absolute 'huachi', the other is an overly done Mary-sue! At least Baozhu is an amusing character!
    Exactly my thoughts! Sometimes I find Dayang rather annoying on his own too... anyway I don't know if 'huachi' is the right term to use for him (if we are thinking of the same one)

I wonder why Cynthia Koh has to play these kinda characters nowadays... kinda miss her Lijuan character in 'At People's Park'.

I actually quite like Jessica Liu, and Ruan Mian is ok but I find her overly apologetic :/

Don't watch if dun like it .. .. i've nos of friends who enjoy it and would go to extend of taping it when they go out ... to each his/her own i guess ..

no dramas is perfect especially when it involves one thats over 100 episodes long ..

I think got 60 eps? Not really sure... according to 8 days that is..

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_8
    Don't watch if dun like it .. .. i've nos of friends who enjoy it and would go to extend of taping it when they go out ... to each his/her own i guess ..

no dramas is perfect especially when it involves one thats over 100 episodes long ..
    To each her own...

No drama is perfect, nothing is ever perfect... which is why one must seek to constantly improve. Looking at the dramas that Mediacorpse is churning out these few years, improvement and originality do not seem to be high on their list of priorities. That is to say... they even have a list to begin with...

All the mediacorp shows I see on TV nowadays have got to do with family, NKF (National Kidney Foundation ), cancer, and stupid soap operas that stretches beyond a hundred episodes. Why? Singaporeans enjoy such shows? I personally hate that show called "You Fu" (belongs to another thread, I suppose). I hate the voice of that narrator. Narration is totally unnecessary, because we viewers are not morons! We understand what the heck is going on!

Mediacorp enjoys making such shows that pay reference to NKF and cancers and tumours every now and then. So pessimistic. Doing it once in a long while is okay, but not to the extent of hogging the prime time slots. Totally draggy. If they aren't having monopoly of the local tv boardcast, I'm sure nobody will want to watch their shows.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."