Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [channel 8] Potraits Of Home

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Old TVB fan @
    That was well said, unless the rest of us who basically resort to insults when addressing MC. I have to add... getting Lee Sei Qi to act as the matriarch was not subtly reminding unsuspecting viewers, more like smacking the viewers in the face telling them, that MC has a Kindred Spirit-esque serial.

The thing I don't still quite get is that such crappy family dramas always, always get the highest ratings for the week, going by the chart in i-weekly.
    There can only be three reasons -

1) Singaporeans really love these family dramas, only oddballs like us hate them
    2) Singaporeans have nothing else to watch liao
    3) The folks in i-weekly rigged the ratings

Any other reasons?
    I think Holland Village, and Double Happiness aren't that bad, they are still watchable. (But I didn't watch most of episodes) But Tong Xin Yuan is just crap. (Whenever I read 8 days, I take my time laughing at the stupid synopsis. )

I hate this show soooo much.

But I think reason 3 is the most plausible. i weekly is owned by mediacrap anyway.

i wont mind this show that much if its cast are hot guys and prett girls. all i see in this series are aunties and uncles prancing around and STILL managing to engage in love triangles AND plotting to usurp the family fortune.

felicia chin and pierre png may be young. but they are not enough. i liked felicia in ren wo ao you, but even SHE wouldnt draw me to watch this show. TXY reminding me of those kinds of taiwanese dramas broadcasted in the afternoons (if im not wrong) where the scripts are all exaggerated and totally unbelievable. all i want to watch is a purely love story, something about an occupation( eg firemen?) etc etc etc. im only asking for a typical modern drama! and mediacorp still cannot give me that!! issit that difficult?!?!??! im not asking for a high-cost costume drama!!

ugh!!! my tv is on right now!! its showing TXY!!! there's nothing to watch after prince turn frog!!!
    magic is something science hasn't made boring!

The last 5 epis seems quite good... with scenes of the family united, party celebration for their senile mom, this is what a FAMILY drama shld be... can't understand why the producers took so long to draw all the characters bac

This show reminds me of a old TVB serial Seasons (the one with Ma-da, Dai-dee, Sai-dee)... wonder if anyone remembers?

Angry Irritate me all of u R Hua chis too!

WHY DO U SCOLD SHOWS?? U NOE IT IS JUST A SHOW! i AM ASHAMED OF U ALL.
    IF IT IS KENNETH CHAN HE CAN'T STAND ALL OF THOSE REMARKS...
    REFLECT YOURSELVES. THIS SHOW IS TO SHOW THAT FAMILIES SHOULD TUAN JIE TOGETHER.WAIT TILL LIN XIANG PING HEARS THIS.
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling
    WHY DO U SCOLD SHOWS??
    Because it is crappy

U NOE IT IS JUST A SHOW!
    I see you know that it's just a show too...

i AM ASHAMED OF U ALL.
    ... then why are you so agitated??

Talking

Because my cousin is in the show... Ha Ha....
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

WHY DO U SCOLD SHOWS?? U NOE IT IS JUST A SHOW! i AM ASHAMED OF U ALL.
    IF IT IS KENNETH CHAN HE CAN'T STAND ALL OF THOSE REMARKS...
    REFLECT YOURSELVES. THIS SHOW IS TO SHOW THAT FAMILIES SHOULD TUAN JIE TOGETHER.WAIT TILL LIN XIANG PING HEARS THIS.
    I like Yvonne Lin. She's one of my favourite actresses. I'm not sure what's your point though.

Who's Kenneth Chan btw?
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling
    WHY DO U SCOLD SHOWS?? U NOE IT IS JUST A SHOW!
    Coz the shows really sucks... Even if it is a show, it is a waste of time... Dun noe how to produce gd shows then IMPORT... U can say we can dun watch tv... HELLO? this is singapore u are toking about where the bulk of the ppl gets home at 7 plus... wat can they do apart from watching tv? Exercise? TV is something more long term to spend our time... And low quality shows irritates us coz it is juz childish and crappy... who is kenneth ma?
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

i've been watching this series in malaysia 4 about a month...fuhh...still has a long way to go...it's quite a long drama huh..

i do not even know the show has ended. what happened in the end? anyone can give a summary?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    i do not even know the show has ended. what happened in the end? anyone can give a summary?
    2 words to sum up Mediacorp 100 epis mega serial of the year F-A-R-KED UP

i rely pity Lee Si Kei, she seldom acts in even Hk serial nowdays & now act in such a insincere production... lesson is artist must rely pick their role carefully

No wonder TVB A-lister like Adam Cheng, Liza Wang & Gallen NEVER choose 2 work with Mediacorp

bac 2 ur qns:

Dadi choose Ruan Mianmian FINALLY... took him 100 epis to decide a no-brainer choice

Daqiu fell into the drain (same spot where he push Shi Tou)... no indication on whether he died or what sh~it

Chen SuCheng came bac & extort money & some rubbish etc (i missed the first 20 mins) got caught & sat in the hall... again no indication on what happened to the baddie

Dayang married mei-ren-yu.... can anyone imagine what'll happened to him if BaoBei didn't marry him? He acted like a retarded psycho whenever BaoBei rejects him in the past... even went to stop her marriage with shaodong. is this love or jus plain obession?? i don't think he felt true, selfless love for Baobei...

who cares anyway rite... the producer, script-writer certaintly didn't

No wonder TVB A-lister like Adam Cheng, Liza Wang & Gallen NEVER choose 2 work with Mediacorp
    Only provided if Mediacorp's approached them before, and the scripts offered were bad.

Dayang married mei-ren-yu.... can anyone imagine what'll happened to him if BaoBei didn't marry him? He acted like a retarded psycho whenever BaoBei rejects him in the past... even went to stop her marriage with shaodong. is this love or jus plain obession?? i don't think he felt true, selfless love for Baobei..
    It had always seem like an obsession to me, and I've always thought that his actions to Shaodong were utter malice which had been overlooked by everyone just because he's a retard.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 12-06-05 at 08:25 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Default Da Jiang ROCKX!

I love Da Jiang!!! Join his FC Now!!
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/zhangyaodong/