Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 325

Thread: Bordertown Wanderer - Bian Cheng Lang Zi - by Gu Long

  1. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SFBA
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Thanks, Bliss!

    I must admit, I really do like Ye Kai. Saw the movie version of this, and wasn't that fond of him, but the real version is a lot more fun.

  2. #142
    Senior Member rayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Yay! You updated. I'm ecstatic. After reading Little Li's Flying Dagger, I have come to realize some very close similarities between the characters of that story and the characters of this story. Ye Kai is very like LXH and Fu Hongxue is very like Ah Fei. Even Third Madame Shen is kinda sick like Lin Xian'er. I am absolutely loving this story. I adore your translations, bliss. More....please. And I'm rarely polite.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

    Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

  3. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Ahhhh... (sigh) now I can breath. I'm so glad you posted today. love ur translations. now I will be able to endure half a day without my zompie-need- for-BW-drinking-coffee face

    huahha

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    you guys are so silly thanks for reading!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,你還要不要我帶上那面具?
    傅紅雪冷道,現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?

  5. #145
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    43

    Default

    ulala, the more I read the more I crave for new chapters

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Yay! You updated. I'm ecstatic. After reading Little Li's Flying Dagger, I have come to realize some very close similarities between the characters of that story and the characters of this story. Ye Kai is very like LXH and Fu Hongxue is very like Ah Fei. Even Third Madame Shen is kinda sick like Lin Xian'er. I am absolutely loving this story. I adore your translations, bliss. More....please. And I'm rarely polite.
    Ye Kai is not as morose as Li XunHuan and much more light-hearted. I think I prefer Fu HongXue over Ah Fei, he just seems much more intense. Although he is quite lost in this story, his role in Tianya Mingyue Dao won me over completely. Lin XianEr was just a psychotic s-lut by nature, I think Third Madame Shen has more reason to act the way she does.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,你還要不要我帶上那面具?
    傅紅雪冷道,現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?

  7. #147
    Senior Member rayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Ye Kai is not as morose as Li XunHuan and much more light-hearted. I think I prefer Fu HongXue over Ah Fei, he just seems much more intense. Although he is quite lost in this story, his role in Tianya Mingyue Dao won me over completely. Lin XianEr was just a psychotic s-lut by nature, I think Third Madame Shen has more reason to act the way she does.
    Well, yes, of course, there are differences to the characters. Because it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were exactly the same. And it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were so different. Anyway, if that makes sense, I guess what I'm saying is that I love these characters. I'd marry Ye Kai any day if it weren't such a disturbing thought. LOL.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

    Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

  8. #148
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Well, yes, of course, there are differences to the characters. Because it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were exactly the same. And it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were so different. Anyway, if that makes sense, I guess what I'm saying is that I love these characters. I'd marry Ye Kai any day if it weren't such a disturbing thought. LOL.
    I was just pointing out their differences. I'd pick Fu HongXue over Ye Kai ... um ... if I were a girl ... err

    Like I've said before, we need to get a Wuxia cosplay thing going somewhere somehow!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,你還要不要我帶上那面具?
    傅紅雪冷道,現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?

  9. #149
    Junior Member PrincessRydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    whaaaaaaaaaa so many updates!

  10. #150
    Member BeeDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Another chapter! Ye Kai is so seXy LOL...
    Could that person in green be his girl????

    I was just pointing out their differences. I'd pick Fu HongXue over Ye Kai ... um ... if I were a girl ... err
    But you aren't a girl.. your logic isn't right :P

    Like I've said before, we need to get a Wuxia cosplay thing going somewhere somehow!
    hehe

    PS: Back off, RAYON.. Ye Kai is mine!

  11. #151
    Senior Member Temujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wuxialand
    Posts
    2,383

    Default

    I'm not a girl and I prefer Ye Kai (his student) over Li Xun Huan

    He's definitely more charming, light-hearted, always-in-control type of guy, compared to the over-melanchocly pitiful Li XunHuan, a person who gave up his fiancee over some dork, and then go on coughing blood (possible having tubercholosis) and becoming a drunkard for most of his life pre-encounter with Sun XiaoHong.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

    ----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

  12. #152
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    I'm not a girl and I prefer Ye Kai (his student) over Li Xun Huan

    He's definitely more charming, light-hearted, always-in-control type of guy, compared to the over-melanchocly pitiful Li XunHuan, a person who gave up his fiancee over some dork, and then go on coughing blood (possible having tubercholosis) and becoming a drunkard for most of his life pre-encounter with Sun XiaoHong.
    yet there is no today Ye Kai without LXH Anyway, I think the reason why LXH coughing blood is because of his excessive drinking and not because of tubercholosis.

  13. #153
    Senior Member rayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I'd pick Fu HongXue over Ye Kai ... um ... if I were a girl ... err
    Fu Hongxue is far too disturbed. Oh wait, that's right up my alley. So bee, you can have Ye Kai.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse
    yet there is no today Ye Kai without LXH Anyway, I think the reason why LXH coughing blood is because of his excessive drinking and not because of tubercholosis.
    So LXH has cirrhosis of the liver. Wow, how geek. Poor Sun Xiaohong.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

    Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

  14. #154
    Senior Member eliza bennet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Thank you so much Bliss - those two chapters are very good!

    Reading the replies is almost as enjoyable as reading the novel It is good that Gu Long man does not romantically interest me, otherwise I'd need to fight either with Bee or with Rayon

    Ye Kai is indeed more fun! As we say here "the horn has passed the ear". The film version of this novel was a so so effort but reading is an entirely better sensation.

    Once again thank you Bliss, for introducing this novel! What is Cosplay? Is it something like wearing costumes (like the Trekkies or LOTR people). That is a good idea but not in a Gu Long novel maybe, good female parts are hard to find. Wait! We can always cross dress - heh

  15. #155
    Senior Member rayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Wait! We can always cross dress - heh
    WEll, there's always that option!

    EDIT: Master Bliss, I'm not forcing you to do anything. Just...you know...begging.
    Last edited by rayon; 09-10-05 at 10:51 PM.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

    Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

  16. #156
    Junior Member PrincessRydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    has anyone seen bliss-ge lately? This translation hasn't been updated in weeks! I'm sad . . .

  17. #157
    Senior Member siryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    700

    Default

    yeah im sad too :cry:

    bliss where r u???
    We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor live at anchor (Oliver Wendell Holmes)

  18. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Ugh peer pressure ... I'll have something up by tonight.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,你還要不要我帶上那面具?
    傅紅雪冷道,現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?

  19. #159
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Ugh peer pressure ... I'll have something up by tonight.
    Thank you bliss, hope everything is good for u

  20. #160
    Senior Member fastclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    580

    Default

    wow, i'm ready to eat this yummy food...

Similar Threads

  1. Chi Zi Cheng Long [赤子乘龙]
    By kidd in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-26-09, 10:31 PM
  2. Bordertown
    By Guo Xiang ( : in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-08, 11:28 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-07, 09:27 PM
  4. Questions about GL's Bian Cheng Lang Zi
    By Trinie in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-21-04, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •