Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Bordertown Wanderer - Bian Cheng Lang Zi - by Gu Long

Thanks, Bliss!

I must admit, I really do like Ye Kai. Saw the movie version of this, and wasn't that fond of him, but the real version is a lot more fun.

Yay! You updated. I'm ecstatic. After reading Little Li's Flying Dagger, I have come to realize some very close similarities between the characters of that story and the characters of this story. Ye Kai is very like LXH and Fu Hongxue is very like Ah Fei. Even Third Madame Shen is kinda sick like Lin Xian'er. I am absolutely loving this story. I adore your translations, bliss. More....please. And I'm rarely polite.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Ahhhh... (sigh) now I can breath. I'm so glad you posted today. love ur translations. now I will be able to endure half a day without my zompie-need- for-BW-drinking-coffee face

huahha

you guys are so silly thanks for reading!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

ulala, the more I read the more I crave for new chapters

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Yay! You updated. I'm ecstatic. After reading Little Li's Flying Dagger, I have come to realize some very close similarities between the characters of that story and the characters of this story. Ye Kai is very like LXH and Fu Hongxue is very like Ah Fei. Even Third Madame Shen is kinda sick like Lin Xian'er. I am absolutely loving this story. I adore your translations, bliss. More....please. And I'm rarely polite.
    Ye Kai is not as morose as Li XunHuan and much more light-hearted. I think I prefer Fu HongXue over Ah Fei, he just seems much more intense. Although he is quite lost in this story, his role in Tianya Mingyue Dao won me over completely. Lin XianEr was just a psychotic s-lut by nature, I think Third Madame Shen has more reason to act the way she does.
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Ye Kai is not as morose as Li XunHuan and much more light-hearted. I think I prefer Fu HongXue over Ah Fei, he just seems much more intense. Although he is quite lost in this story, his role in Tianya Mingyue Dao won me over completely. Lin XianEr was just a psychotic s-lut by nature, I think Third Madame Shen has more reason to act the way she does.
    Well, yes, of course, there are differences to the characters. Because it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were exactly the same. And it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were so different. Anyway, if that makes sense, I guess what I'm saying is that I love these characters. I'd marry Ye Kai any day if it weren't such a disturbing thought. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Well, yes, of course, there are differences to the characters. Because it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were exactly the same. And it wouldn't be Gu Long if the characters were so different. Anyway, if that makes sense, I guess what I'm saying is that I love these characters. I'd marry Ye Kai any day if it weren't such a disturbing thought. LOL.
    I was just pointing out their differences. I'd pick Fu HongXue over Ye Kai ... um ... if I were a girl ... err

Like I've said before, we need to get a Wuxia cosplay thing going somewhere somehow!
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

whaaaaaaaaaa so many updates!

Another chapter! Ye Kai is so seXy LOL...
    Could that person in green be his girl????

I was just pointing out their differences. I'd pick Fu HongXue over Ye Kai ... um ... if I were a girl ... err
    But you aren't a girl.. your logic isn't right :P

Like I've said before, we need to get a Wuxia cosplay thing going somewhere somehow!
    hehe

PS: Back off, RAYON.. Ye Kai is mine!

I'm not a girl and I prefer Ye Kai (his student) over Li Xun Huan

He's definitely more charming, light-hearted, always-in-control type of guy, compared to the over-melanchocly pitiful Li XunHuan, a person who gave up his fiancee over some dork, and then go on coughing blood (possible having tubercholosis) and becoming a drunkard for most of his life pre-encounter with Sun XiaoHong.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    I'm not a girl and I prefer Ye Kai (his student) over Li Xun Huan

He's definitely more charming, light-hearted, always-in-control type of guy, compared to the over-melanchocly pitiful Li XunHuan, a person who gave up his fiancee over some dork, and then go on coughing blood (possible having tubercholosis) and becoming a drunkard for most of his life pre-encounter with Sun XiaoHong.
    yet there is no today Ye Kai without LXH Anyway, I think the reason why LXH coughing blood is because of his excessive drinking and not because of tubercholosis.

I'd pick Fu HongXue over Ye Kai ... um ... if I were a girl ... err
    Fu Hongxue is far too disturbed. Oh wait, that's right up my alley. So bee, you can have Ye Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse
    yet there is no today Ye Kai without LXH Anyway, I think the reason why LXH coughing blood is because of his excessive drinking and not because of tubercholosis.
    So LXH has cirrhosis of the liver. Wow, how geek. Poor Sun Xiaohong.

Thank you so much Bliss - those two chapters are very good!

Reading the replies is almost as enjoyable as reading the novel It is good that Gu Long man does not romantically interest me, otherwise I'd need to fight either with Bee or with Rayon

Ye Kai is indeed more fun! As we say here "the horn has passed the ear". The film version of this novel was a so so effort but reading is an entirely better sensation.

Once again thank you Bliss, for introducing this novel! What is Cosplay? Is it something like wearing costumes (like the Trekkies or LOTR people). That is a good idea but not in a Gu Long novel maybe, good female parts are hard to find. Wait! We can always cross dress - heh

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Wait! We can always cross dress - heh
    WEll, there's always that option!

EDIT: Master Bliss, I'm not forcing you to do anything. Just...you know...begging.
    Last edited by rayon; 09-10-05 at 10:51 PM.

has anyone seen bliss-ge lately? This translation hasn't been updated in weeks! I'm sad . . .

yeah im sad too :cry:

bliss where r u???
    We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor live at anchor (Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Ugh peer pressure ... I'll have something up by tonight.
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Ugh peer pressure ... I'll have something up by tonight.
    Thank you bliss, hope everything is good for u

wow, i'm ready to eat this yummy food...