Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bordertown Wanderer - Bian Cheng Lang Zi - by Gu Long

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Weren't you going to translate a Jin Yong novel? I very sad one? I forgot the title.
    You're in doubt if you would continue or chose another one. In fact you onbly did half a chapter and didn't post... wasn't it you?

Man... so sorry if it wasn't you... my confusion
    Yes, I was planning on translating Lian Cheng Jue (Secret of the Linked Cities).
    Did about 2/3 of chapter 1 now, but still considering whether I should continue or not.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Yes, I was planning on translating Lian Cheng Jue (Secret of the Linked Cities).
    Did about 2/3 of chapter 1 now, but still considering whether I should continue or not.
    Well, I don't think it helps much, but I fully support you. If you liked it and want to share it with us, I will read it all with pleasure! Besides it's not a too long novel so probably it'll be completed (at leat easier than LOCH and ROCH) sooo... thats it

Hey,

Still waiting for chapter 8. I wonder where Bliss has gone to? Maybe Bee can chase him again?

I could stalk him LOL.. Maybe he's swamped by work or something.

Hey Bliss,

When are you going to update this translation ?
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Default Chapter 8 - Warmth of the Spring Breeze

From the edge of the long street, a person slowly made his way over to them, his each and every step looked arduous and heavy. It was Fu HongXue.

He was still clencing tightly to the sabre in his hand, step by step he drudged towards them. Nothing in the world could get him to alter his pace.

He was alone. Luo LuoShan and MuRong MingZhu were nowhere in sight.

Ye Kai walked over to him with a smile and said, "So you've returned?"

Fu HongXue returned a cold glance and replied, "So you're still alive?"

"Where is everyone else?" Ye Kai said.

"I walk very slowly." Fu HongXue said.

"The rest of them were ahead of you?" Ye Kai said.

"Yes." Fu HongXue said.

"If they were ahead of you, then why haven't any of them come back yet?" Ye Kai said.

"What makes you think that they would come back here?" Fu HongXue said.

Ye Kai nodded and asked with a smile, "Do you know who was the first to come back?"

"No, I don't." Fu HongXue said.

"A dead body." Ye Kai said as a hint of sarcasm formed in his smile, "Funny how a dead body that can't walk makes it back first, while the ones who can walk and who left first don't show up at all. Some things in this world are really quite ironic."

"Who's body was it?" Fu HongXue asked.

"Flying Spider." Ye Kai replied.

Fu HongXue knitted his brow, after contemplating for quite a while he said, "Flying Spider was with me for a bit when we left."

"He was with you? Why?" Ye Kai said.

"He was asking questions." Fu HongXue said.

"He was asking you questions?" Ye Kai said.

"He asked, I listened." Fu HongXue said.

"You only listened? You didn't reply?" Ye Kai said.

"It's tiring enough just to listen." Fu HongXue said.

"And afterwards?" Ye Kai said.

"I was walking very slowly." Fu HongXue said.

"Since he couldn't get you to answer any of his questions, he raced ahead to join the others?" Ye Kai postulated.

A hint of sarcasm leaked from Fu HongXue's eyes as well as he replied, "That's why he arrived first!"

Ye Kai smiled, but his smile looked very tasteless.

"When you asked, I answered. Do you know why?" Fu HongXue said.

"I was wondering about just that." Ye Kai said.

"I only answered your questions because I have questions to ask you as well." Fu HongXue said.

"If you ask, then I'll answer as well." Ye Kai said.

"Now is not the time to ask yet." Fu HongXue said.

"Then when are you going to ask those questions?" Ye Kai said.

"When I feel like it." Fu HongXue responded.

"Fine! No matter when you feel like asking, and no matter what you ask me about, I'll definitely answer you!" Ye Kai said.

With a turn of his body, Fu HongXue walked off. He didn't even bother to lay a single eye on the procession of coffins or the corpse inside that coffin. It was as if his eyes were extremely precious and valuable. It didn't matter whether you were dead or alive, if he didn't want to, then he wouldn't even cast a single glance at you.

Ye Kai smiled and let out a sigh. He turned around and saw that Yun ZaiTian had proceeded to question the other cart drivers.

Ye Kai didn't bother to go over and listen - he felt that it would probably be easier to get information from a dead corpse than from the lips of those men.

Besides, corpses often reveal many secrets. It's just that the manner in which they convey their message is usually hidden.

Flying Spider's body was cold and stiff. His two fists were clenched tightly, he looked like he was holding on for dear life onto something precious, unwilling to let go even in death.

Ye Kai stood beside the coffin as his eyes lay fixed on the corpse for quite a while.

"Meticulous as fine silk, swift as lightning strikes ... is there something that you're still trying to tell me ..." Ye Kai mumbled.

A little past noon. Rays of sunlight streaked through the gloomy skies.

But the mud-covered streets were still damp and wet, especially since those heavy carts and horses had just passed through.

By now the procession of mule-drawn carts had reached the 'Hall of Ten-Thousand Horses'.

Before questioning them to the very last detail and learning the truth, Yun ZaiTian would never even think of letting those drivers go.

That fine carriage that was drawn by eight horses was still parked in the middle of town. There were four or five people around it busily washing away the mud and dirt from its exterior, and also preparing a mix of beans and grass to feed the horses.

Next to the general store was a butcher's shop, a greasy sign that hung from its door read, "We sell beef, lamb and pork."

And just past the butcher's was a small eatery, the sign that hung from its door was even greasier, and the lighting inside looked was even dimmer.

Fu HongXue happened to be inside that shop slowly eating a bowl of noodles.

That right hand of his was still as skillful, what other people needed two hands to accomplish, he could do much better with just one.

And past that eatery was the small alley in which Fu HongXue lived. Although many people lived in that alley, few were ever seen walking out. Yet at that very moment, that old white-haired lady could be seen, with her back hunched, slowly prodding out from her door. She pasted a red parchment onto the wall of her hut, and then slowly made her way back inside.

The red parchment read, "For rent, one room, bed and breakfast. Twelve silver taels a month, please pay in advance, singles only, no children."

That old woman, who had earlier just collected fifty silver taels in rent, had seemingly developed an itch for money. She was renting out her own room and the price had even risen by two silver taels.

The owner of the general store was dozing off as usual.

In the embroidery shop across the street, there were two finely dressed young ladies browsing through silks and cloths, chatting and giggling on the side. But in terms of beauty and elegance when put next to the Third Aunt and Ma FangLing, they paled in comparison.

Where were they now?

Although their carriage was still in the center of town, the two of them were nowhere to be seen.

Ye Kai who had been wandering around town had yet to see even a trace of them.

He originally wanted to stop by the small eatery but suddenly changed his mind. Ye Kai walked towards the small alley and took down that red parchment, curled it up, then stuffed it into his boots.

There appeared to be something else in his boots, but it wasn't a stick of gold or a dagger.

The narrowest door on that street belonged to a place that drained people of their money. Although the door was narrow, the hall inside was quite large. There were no markings or signs above that door, only a small red lantern that hung from above. When that lantern was lit, it meant that the place was open for business, and ready to collect the coins from your purse. Yet when that lantern was out, no one was ever seen exiting from those doors. When that lantern was out, it seemed like the most quiet and desolate place in town.

Ye Kai let out a yawn as a hint of tiredness leaked from his eyes. After several moments, he finally pushed open those doors and walked inside.

The room was dark and dim, there was a person inside, but it wasn't Xiao BieLi, it was Ma FangLing.

The person who Ye Kai was trying so hard to find was actually right here waiting for him.

The actions of women are always impossible to grasp.

"What are you doing here?" Ye Kai said with a smile.

Ma FangLing cast a single eye on him, then stood up and abruptly made her way towards the door. She had been waiting here anxiously for quite some time, and was certain that she would erupt with joy when she saw Ye Kai, but for some reason when she finally did, all she could do was turn her head and leave.

Ye Kai figured that she must have gotten angry for having to wait so long.

The best thing to do in these situations is to let her anger subside before saying another word. You'd be an idiot if you tried to stop or console her.

Ye Kai was no idiot, all he did was let out a sigh before taking a seat.

Ma FangLing, who was just rushing out the door, suddenly turned her head and stared at him to ask, "Hey, so why'd you come here for?"

"To look for you." Ye Kai replied.

"To look for me? And you come now? What makes you think that I would've waited for you?" Ma FangLing said with a smile.

"You're not waiting for me now?" Ye Kai said.

"Of course not." Ma FangLing responded.

"If you're not waiting for me, then who are you waiting for?" Ye Kai asked.

"Third Aunt." Ma FangLing replied.

"Your Third Aunt? She's meeting you here too?" Ye Kai said, looking slightly surprised.

"What, you think that only men come to this place?" Ma FangLing said.

"I didn't assume anything, nor did I know that you were here, that's why I was looking for you all around town." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing stared at him for a while, for what seemed like half a day, before asking, "You were really looking for me this entire time?"

"Who else would I be looking for?" Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing suddenly let out a giggle and said, "Silly boy, did you think that this place only has one entrance?"

She had come in from the back door. When women come to places like these, they obviously had to avoid the eyes and ears of others.

Ye Kai let out a sigh and said, "I would've never figured that you came in through the back."

"It wasn't my idea, it was Third Aunt's." Ma FangLing replied.

"She's here too?" Ye Kai said.

"Dummy, didn't I just tell you that she was here?" Ma FangLing said.

"Then where is she?" Ye Kai asked.

Ma FangLing pointed to the third door on the left and said, "She's inside there."

The door she was pointing to was Cui Nong's quarters.

"Gossipping." Ma FangLing said.

"She's gossipping with Cui Nong?" Ye Kai said.

"They're both good friends, whenever Third Aunt comes to town, she always visits Cui Nong for a chat." Ma FangLing explained.

Suddenly, her eyes lit up and fixed on Ye Kai. "How do you know her name is Cui Nong? Do you know her?"

"I think I've seen her before." Ye Kai replied.

"You think you've seen her? Or you really have seen her before?" Ma FangLing questioned as her eyes widended.

"I really have seen her before." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing slanted her head and stared at him out of the corner of her eyes. "You were here two nights ago weren't you."

"Mmm." Ye Kai replied.

"Where did you stay that night?" Ma FangLing asked.

"I think ... I think it was ..." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing bit down on her lips. With a sudden twist of her head, she turned and stormed out.

Her temper really did resemble the weather in May, it changed often and suddenly.

What else could Ye Kai do but sigh?

Men should really choose their words wisely when talking to women, especially women who are fond of them. After a short while, the door slowly swung open again, Ma FangLing slowly made her way back inside. She stopped in front of Ye Kai and sat down across from him.

Her expression appeared much calmer now. She looked at Ye Kai with a smile that didn't quite resemble a smile, and asked, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"I'm afraid to." Ye Kai replied.

"Afraid?" Ma FangLing said.

"I don't want to say the wrong thing and upset you again." Ye Kai said.

"You're afraid of upsetting me?" Ma FangLing said.

"Deathly afraid." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing's eyes began to move, she let out a laugh and said, "Silly boy, you chatter on when you should keep your mouth shut, and you keep your mouth shut when you should talk."

Her glance slowly became warm and gentle as she looked at Ye Kai and said, "This morning, when they asked about your whereabouts last night, why didn't you answer them?"

"I don't know." Ye Kai said.

Smart men always know when to play dumb.

Ma FangLing's eyes looked even more tender as she asked, "You really weren't afraid that they would kill you?"

"Not at all, I'm only afraid of upsetting you." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing smiled delectably upon hearing those words. Her warm, sweet expression resembled the Spring breeze that could melt frozen rivers.

Ye Kai's eyes were fixed on her, he almost looked a bit silly.

Ma FangLing slowly lowered her head and said, "Did my dad talk to you this morning too?"

"Mmm." Ye Kai replied.

"What'd he say?" Ma FangLind asked.

"He wanted me to leave, he wanted me to leave this town." Ye Kai replied.

Ma FangLing bit down on her lips and asked, "And how did you respond?"

"I won't leave!" Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing lifted her head and suddenly stood up, she reached out, grabbed his hand and said, "You ... you're really not going to leave?"

Ye Kai nodded his head.

"There isn't anyone else waiting for you somewhere?" Ma FangLing asked.

"There's only one place where someone is waiting for me." Ye Kai said sharply.

"Where's that?" Ma FangLing said.

"Here." Ye Kai replied.

Ma FangLing let out a smile, her smile looked even sweeter than before. Her eyes looked starry like she was in a dream. "No one has ever said those things to me before. And no one has ever held my hand either ... did you know that? Do you believe me?"

"I believe you." Ye Kai said.

"Everyone has always assumed that I'm cruel and vicious, that soon even I started to believe that I was that way, but in all honesty ..." Ma FangLing said.

"But in all honesty, you really are vicious." Ye Kai coulnd't help but utter with a laugh.

Ma FangLing smiled and said, "Well in all honesty, sometimes when I'm upset with you, I'm really just pretending."

"Why would you pretend to be upset?" Ye Kai asked.

"It's just that I feel that if I don't throw a fit once in awhile, other people will pick on me." Ma FangLing said.

"No one will ever try to pick on you ever again." Ye Kai said sharply.

Ma FangLing looked at him and said, "Are you going to take their lives if they do?"

"For certain! But ... in the future, I'd appreciate it if you don't throw any more fits." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing bit down on her lips and said, "But in the future, if you ever stay the night here again, I'll really be upset."

Ye Kai didn't say a word, he reached into his boots and pulled out that red parchment.

After Ma FangLing read over what it said, that smile that was as warm as the Spring breeze appeared on her face again.

Ye Kai looked at her, deep inside he felt that she was an extremely cute and adorable girl. Cheerful and innocent, she sometimes really did resemble a little child. He couldn't resist and lifted up her hands, holding her tenderly.

Her face blushed red, bright red.

Just at that moment, they heard someone cough lightly. That person smiled slightly staring at the two of them.

Ma FangLing's face became even redder, she quickly withdrew her hands and hid them behind her back.

"We really should be getting back now." the Third Aunt said.

Ma FangLing lowered her red cheeks and replied, "Yes."

"I'll wait for you outside." the Third Aunt said.

As the Third AUnt was walking out, whether intentionally or not, she smiled at Ye Kai.

A smile that could melt your soul.

Ma FangLing's smile was bright, adorable, and sweet, like the first rays of light on a Spring day.

But her smile was like the thick of Spring, so thick that you couldn't escape, that could intoxicate without a single drop of alcohol.

She made Ma FangLing look like even more childish.

Anyone who watched her walking out would feel particularly enticed, as if she had stolen something away from you.

Of course Ye Kai couldn't let even an inkling of that feeling show, so he quickly looked at her and asked, "You always ride this same carriage every time you come to town?"

Ma FangLing couldn't really figure why he would ask such a question but nodded her head in response.

"How many carriages do you have that look like this?" Ye Kai asked further.

"Just this one. Everyone around here prefers riding on horseback anyway." Ma FangLing said.

Ye Kai let out a sigh and said, "So it was because the two of you had to take this carriage that they had to return by themselves."

"Who's they?" Ma FangLing asked.

"The guests that arrived with me last night." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing laughed and said, "They're not children, what does it matter that they had to get back by themselves? Why worry over something like that?"

Ye Kai sighed and said, "Because thirteen of them went last night, one came back dead, and eleven have gone missing."

Ma FangLing's eyes opened wide as she asked, "Who came back dead?"

"Flying Spider." Ye Kai replied.

"And the ones who are missing?" she asked.

"Mr. Luo, MuRong MingZhu, and those nine attendants of his." Ye Kai said.

"How could that many people all disappear at once?" Ma FangLing said.

"Strange things happenly regularly in a place like this." Ye Kai said.

Ma FangLing puckered her lips and said, "Maybe you're just being paranoid, they could come back here at anytime now."

Ye Kai shook his head, then suddenly asked, "Do you think that I could catch a ride with the two of you in your carriage?"

"Of course you can. But ... where are you planning to go?" Ma FangLing said.

"To look for those people that disappeared." Ye Kai replied.

"How do you know that they're still close by? They all might've taken different roads back." she said.

"Couldn't be." Ye Kai said.

"Why not?" Ma FangLing said.

"I'm certain of it." Ye Kai said.

"How are you so certain?" Ma FangLing asked.

"Someone told me so." Ye Kai said.

"Who?" Ma FangLing said.

Ye Kai looked down at his hands and slowly replied, "A dead person."

"A dead person?" Ma FangLing said with a look of surprise.

Ye Kai nodded his head and said, "Did you know that dead people can talk as well? It's just that the way in which they do is a bit different from the living."

Ma FangLing had a frightened look in her eyes as she said, "And you believe what the dead tell you?"

Ye Kai nodded as a mysterious smile came over his lips, "Only the words of the dead are always honest ... because they no longer have any reason to lie to you."

Those clenched fists had finally loosened, his fingers were crooked and bent. This corpse could still tell one last secret, but his fists would've never opened by themselves. Flying Spider's clenched fists had finally opened, his fingers crooked and bent.

Ma KongQun stood beside the coffin, his eyes shining brightly as they stared at that pair of hands.

He ignored the wretched, twisted appearance of the corpse's face, he ignored the traces of blood that had coagulated on the corpse's mouth. He only paid attention to that pair of hands.

"What do you see?" Ma KongQun suddenly asked.

Hua MenTian and Yun ZaiTian both took a look at the body and fell silent.

"They're just a dead pair of hands, not much different from any other dead pair of hands." GongSun Duan said.

"There is a difference." Ma KongQun said.

"What difference?" GongSun Duan asked.

"These hands were originally clenched very tightly, but have since been pried open." Ma KongQun replied.

"How can you tell?" GongSun Duan said.

"The bones and blood of this corpse have already stiffened, it wouldn't be easy at all to pry his fists open. That's why his fingers are crooked and bent, plus you can see the marks that were left." Ma KongQun said.

"He could've received those wounds before he died." GongSun Duan said.

"Impossible." Ma KongQun replied.

"Why?" GongSun Duan said.

"If he was wounded before he died, there would've been blood on those marks. Only a dead corpse will not bleed." Ma KongQun explained.

He turned to Yun ZaiTian and asked, "When you saw his body, was he dead for very long?"

Yun ZaiTian nodded and replied, "For at least two hours, when I saw the body, it had already frozen stiff."

"What about his hands? Were they clenched tightly at that time?" Ma KongQun asked.

Yun ZaiTian lowered his head and replied, "I didn't notice his hands at the time."

Ma KongQun's expression sunk, "Then what were you paying attention to?"

"I ... I was busy questioning the drivers." Yun ZaiTian said.

"And what did you find out?" Ma KongQun said.

"Nothing." Yun ZaiTian said.

"Next time you should keep in mind that the dead can tell you much more than the living, and what they're able tell you is much more reliable." Ma KongQun sneered.

"Yes." Yun ZaiTian said.

"His hands were definitely holding tightly on to something, whatever it was it must have been an important piece of information. It could even have been something that he grabbed off of his killer. If you had retrieved it earlier, we could've known who the murdererer is by now." Ma KongQun said.

A hint of fear leaked from Yun ZaiTian's eyes as he replied, "I won't make the same mistake next time."

The expression on Ma KongQun's face calmed a bit as he asked, "Was there anyone else around when you were inspecting this coffin?"

Yun ZaiTian's eyes suddenly flashed as he replied, "Ye Kai!"

"Did you notice him touching the body?" Ma KongQun said.

Yun ZaiTian lowered his head again and replied, "I didn't really notice, but ..."

"But what?" Ma KongQun said.

"He did seem very interested in this corpse, he stood next to it for quite some time." Yun ZaiTian said.

"It would seem that this youngster's vision far exceeds yours." Ma KongQun said with a cold smile.

"This person is nothing but a thief, why should we care whether he is dead or alive?" GongSun Duan cut in.

"We should care." Ma KongQun said.

"Why?" GongSun Duan asked.

"Although he is just a thief, he is quite an adept thief. With a simple wave of his hands, he could make tens of thousands of taels disappear. His observations of others are extremely accurate and thorough." Ma KongQun explained.

He continued slowly, "That's why I sent men to specially invite him here ..."

"You specially invited him here?" GongSun Duan exclaimed.

"I spent five thousand silver taels to invite him here." Ma KongQun said.

"Why did you invite him here for?" GongSun Duan asked.

"To secretly spy on the rest of the guests to find out who had come seeking vengeance." Ma KongQun said.

"Well, why did you specifically ask him to?" GongSun Duan asked.

"Because he had nothing to do with the situation, no one would've suspected much of him, which would naturally increase his chances of uncovering the truth." Ma KongQun said.

GongSun Duan let out a sigh and said, "It's a pity that he was killed before he could discover anything."

"If he hadn't discovered anything, then he wouldn't have been killed!" Ma KongQun said.

"Oh?" GongSun Duan said.

"He was silenced, precisely because he must've discovered the culprit's identity!" Ma KongQun said.

"So if we find his killer, then we'll know who our enemy is?" GongSun Duan said.

"That's why that shred of evidence in his hands is so important!" Ma KongQun said.

"I'll go question Ye Kai about whether he had taken something from Flying Spider's hands." GongSun Duan said.

"No need." Ma KongQun said.

"Why?" GongSun Duan said.

"At the time of his death, Ye Kai was in town, so Ye Kai is definitely not the murderer." Ma KongQun said, "Besides, if Ye Kai really did take something from his hands, you'd never be able to get it from him."

GongSun Duan's hand reached for the handle of his sabre, a cold smile broke on his face, he looked unconvinced.

"Who was with him before he was murdered?" Ma KongQun asked.

"Mr. Luo, MuRong MingZhu, and Fu HongXue." Yun ZaiTian replied.

"Where are they now?" Ma KongQun said.

"Fu HongXue is back in town, Luo LuoShan and MuRong MingZhu have yet to be seen." Yun ZaiTian said.

"Go search for them immediately, take forty of our men with you." Ma KongQun ordered.

"Yes." Yun ZaiTian said.

"Split the men into four groups of ten, take extra food and supplies with you, and don't dare come back until you've found them!" Ma KongQun said.

"Yes." Yun ZaiTian replied.

No matter what Ma KongQun said, his expression always remained compliant and respectful. In front of Ma KongQun, this martial expert who had once commanded great respect had become nothing but a lowly servant.

"Go find Fu HongXue!" GongSun Duan blasted.

"No need." Ma KongQun said.

"Why not? Don't tell me that that kid can't be found either!" GongSun Duan said.

Ma KongQun let out a sigh and said, "Can't you tell how this person was killed?"

GongSun Duan stared at the sabre in his own hands, then replied, "Who said that sabre wielders must kill with their sabres?"

Ma KongQun did not immediately reply to him. Yun ZaiTian slowly took his leave and stepped out of the hall.

"Who said that he had to have killed with his sabre?" GongSun Duan asked.

"He himself." Ma KongQun replied.

"He himself?" GongSun Duan said.

"If he really did come for revenge, then that sabre must be his symbol of vengeance. If he were to kill, he would definitely use that sabre!" Ma KongQun said.

He smiled insipidly and continued, "If he didn't come for revenge, then why bother looking for him?"

GongSun Duan didn't say another word. He turned around and stormed out of the room, his footsteps were heavier than an ox.

Ma KongQun stared at his massive figure as he walked out, a hint of sadness and apprehension leaked from his eyes. In this person's image, he saw a sorrowful calamity.

Forty people, forty horses.

Forty sheepskin sacks filled with water and provisions.

Their blades were sharpened, their arrows strung.

Yun ZaiTian looked meticulously over everything twice before nodding his head, "Ten people to a group, split up and search, don't even think about returning if you find nothing!"

GongSun Duan had returned to his own quarters. Although somewhat disordered, his lodge was still spacious and comfortable. His walls were lined with animal hides, his table filled with countless bottles of fragrant wines. If he desired so, someone would deliver a beautiful maiden to his room. This was his compensation for his countless years of toil, blood and sweat.

But he was never quite satisfied with this kind of life, because a sabre and a whip still lay buried deep within his heart.

He had buried them himself with his own blood soaked hands!

No matter what he did, that sabre shook incessantly inside of him, that whip constantly lashing at his soul.

The gold cup on his table was still full of wine, he downed it in a single gulp, tears came flooding to his eyes.

Somebody had finally come for revenge, yet all he could do was hide in his house, wiping the tears from his eyes with his sleeves - no matter why he shed them, tears were still tears.

He poured himself another cup of wine and drank it down.

"Perseverance! What's the point? If someone is here to kill me, then why can't I go and kill that person first?" GongSun Duan exclaimed.

He stormed out of the room.

Maybe he really didn't want to kill, or perhaps he was simply afraid.

Not vengeance, not resentment, but fear!

People kill out of fear much more often than vengenace or resentment!

People often kill not because they have been hurt, but rather because they've hurt others.

A tragedy that has been with humankind since the earliest of times.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Thanks God you're back bliss I was almost comitting suicide thinking you gave up the novel

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    People kill out of fear much more often than vengenace or resentment!

People often kill not because they have been hurt, but rather because they've hurt others.

A tragedy that has been with humankind since the earliest of times.
    This is what I love best about Gu Long. His observations are always astute.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Bliss, thank for being back. I going to read it right now.

Yikes ... it's only been a month! Don't any of you do anything rash now. I was quite busy for a while, guess I have somewhat more time now (or in the near future anyway). So I hope Chapter 8 will satiate all your needs for the time being!
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

oohhhhhhh.. c.h.a.p.t.e.r. 8 !!!!!

Wow great chapter! Thanks for the translation! I wonder if ye kai really likes that girl he seems to really like from the way that he acts and talks to her but you just never know with people like him. I wonder who killed that other guy...

Default Chapter 9 - Stable As A Giant Boulder

Yellow dusk.

The warm rays of the setting sun shined through the window and onto Fu HongXue's thighs, reminding him of those soft, warm, tender hands that caressed his thighs two nights before.

He lay on his bed, too tired to even remove his boots.

But just the thought of those hands, that woman, her skin as smooth as silk, the seductive way that her legs swayed back and forth ...

His heart would immediately fill with inexplicable sensation. He knew how to relieve himself of that tension. He had done so before.

But it was different now, he had a woman. A real woman.

He really shouldn't have been thinking of those things ... the training and upbringing that he endured was many times stricter and more difficult than any other in the world.

But he was a man, that ghostly setting sun shined down on him, he really didn't want to think about anything else ... he was too exhausted.

The rain died down.

Why was the setting sun particularly warmer after the rain falls?

He leapt off his bed and dashed towards the door!

He needed to vent, yet all he could do was refrain!

The street was very quiet. It was as if the villagers all sensed that something grave was about to happen, even the happiest of couples seemed to have all gone into hiding in their own homes.

Ye Kai stood under the corner of one of the buildings, staring at the mud on the streets, he looked like he was pondering arduously about something in his mind. That was when he saw Fu HongXue appear from the alley across the street. He smiled and waved at him but Fu HongXue seemed to take no notice. A red haze seemed to be hovering over his pale white face, his eyes focused solely on the narrow door across the street.

The lantern atop the door had been lit.

Like that lantern, Fu HongXue's eyes looked like they were ablaze.

With his hand still clenching firmly on to his sabre, he plodded slowly step by step towards the door.

Ye Kai felt that this youngster who was normally cold and aloof was acting unusually strange today.

A person who had been restraining himself for too long, suppressing himself for too long, will be unable to resist satiating himself, otherwise he would probably explode.

Ye Kai let out a sigh and mumbled to himself, "Looks like he's about to go drink himself unconscious."

It'd be best for him to get drunk beyond compare and fall oblivious to the world around him. That way, when he wakes, although his head will ache like it was about to split open, he'll feel much more relaxed and alert when the pain subsides.

It'd be even better if there was a woman to accompany him.

Ye Kai was quite perplexed, he wondered whether this youngster ever had a woman before. But on the other hand ... men who've never had a woman were like rigid dams, almost impossible to rupture. But when they finally do encounter a woman, it would be like small cracks opening up in the walls, you never know just when all that water would bursting out.

Fu HongXue slowly made his way across the street, his eyes still fixed on that door. The lantern flickered back and forth, signifying that they were now receiving guests.

Business probably wasn't going to be good on this night. Most of their usual patrons were the riders from the 'Hall of Ten-Thousand Horses' and travelers from afar. But it didn't look like any of the two would be visiting tonight.

FU HongXue pushed open the door, his Adam's apple rolled up and down.

The only people in the main hall were two men who looked like they had just gotten into arguments with their wives. Xiao BieLi had come down from his room and was sitting in his usual seat enjoying his 'breakfast', a small slice of roasted mutton, a small bowl of noodles in lamb stew, and a large cup of wine, probably grape wine imported from Persia. He was someone who knew how to indulge in the finer things in life.

Fu HongXue walked in slowly and sat down at the same seat as two nights before.

"What kind of wine would you like?"

Fu HongXue didn't answer for quite some time.

"I don't want wine."

"What would you like then?"

"Bring me anything, just not wine."

Xiao BieLi suddenly let out a smile, then turned and gave instructions to the workers.

"We have fresh sheep milk, bring young Mr. Fu a cup, compliments of the house."

Fu HongXue didn't bother to look at him and coldly replied, "No need, whatever I consume, I'll pay for with my own money."

Xiao BieLi smiled again, the last piece of mutton finally reaching his lips, a look of utter delight came over his face as he savored the taste of his meat. He was never one who enjoyed arguing with others, but he knew that someone who did had just arrived.

The sound of hoofbeats was heard suddenly stopping right outside of the doors.

*PENG*, the doors flung open, a giant of a man walked in. There was no hat on his head, his sleeves were open, a silver-hilted sabre hung from his waist. GongSun Duan!

Xiao BieLi greeted him with a smile, but he didn't notice.

But he did notice Fu HongXue.

His eyes were like that of a vulture that had just spotted a dead carcass.

The sheep milk had arrived, it really was fresh.

This beverage was something that only people from Bordertown enjoyed, and it was something that only people from Bordertown knew how to enjoy. Fu HongXue struggled to down a mouthful, his eyebrows slowly started to furrow.

GongSun Duan smiled coldly and said, "Only sheep enjoy sheep milk."

Fu HongXue didn't respond, he lifted his cup and drank another mouthful.

"No wonder this place smells of sheep, there's a stinking little goat here." GongSun Duan said loudly.

Fu HongXue still didn't respond, but the veins on the hand that was holding his sabre had started to rise.

GongSun Duan suddenly rushed over. With a *PENG*, he slammed his hand onto the table and said, "Get lost!"

Fu HongXue's eyes stared at the milk in his cup, as he slowly replied, "You want me to get lost?"

"This place is for humans. There is a pen for the sheep out back, which is where you belong." GongSun Duan said.

"I'm not a sheep." Fu HongXue replied.

GongSun Duan slammed his hand onto the table again and blasted, "I don't care what you are, you better get lost now. Your old man wants to sit at this table right here."

"Which old man?" Fu HongXue said.

"I'm your old man, your old man is me." GongSun Duan replied.

*PENG*, his cup shattered. Fu HongXue watched as sheep milk spilled all over the table, his body started to tremble.

GongSun Duan was staring right at him, his giant hands clutching onto the handle of his sabre. "Are you going to move by yourself, or do you want to be carried out?"

Fu HongXue kept trembling as he slowly stood up, exerting all his strength to control himself, trying not to cast a single glance at GongSun Duan.

GongSun Duan laughed and said, "Looks like this stinking little goat wants to return to his pen, why don't you lick the milk off the table before you leave?"

Fu HongXue suddenly lifted his head, his eyes stared straight at GongSun Duan. Those pair of eyes looked like coal that had just caught fire.

Red veins started to form in GongSun Duan's eyes as he viciously sneered, "What are you going to do? Pull out your sabre?"

Fu HongXue's hand clenched on to his sabre, clenched on hard.

"Only men know how to draw their sabres, it's not something that stinking goats are capable of. If you're a man, then pull out your sabre!" GongSun Duan provoked.

Fu HongXue stared at him, his whole body trembled violently.

The two men that had been drinking earlier had retreated into a corner, afraid that they would be seen.

Xiao BieLi slowly took a sip of wine from his cup, his hand was tense and stiff. The sound of breathing was all that could be heard.

Fu HongXue's breaths were short and quick, GongSun Duan's breaths were long and heavy.

Everyone else had stopped breathing.

Suddenly, Fu HongXue turned around and slowly walked towards the door. His left leg first, then his right leg dragged from behind.

GongSun Duan let out a long breath and snickered, "So the stinking little goat is a cripple."

Fu HongXue suddenly quickened his pace, he looked like he could barely keep his balance as he hobbled out.

GongSun Duan laughed and said, "Just crawl, start crawling back into your pen. If you let me see you again, be careful that your old man will break your other leg."

He pulled a chair, sat down, and slammed his hand onto the table, "Bring me some wine, the best you have!"

Suddenly, a voice at the door loudly shouted, "Bring me some wine, the best you have!"

Ye Kai walked in, pulling a sheep along next to him!

GongSun Duan gazed directly at him, but he seemingly didn't notice GongSun Duan at all as he found a table and took a seat. The seat he chose was directly across from GongSun Duan.

GongSun Duan shot him a cold glance, then slammed his hand onto the table again. "Where's the wine? Hurry it up!"

Ye Kai slammed his hand onto the table as well. "Where's the wine? Hurry it up!"

In a situation such as this, the wine would definitely arrive quickly.

Ye Kai poured out a cup of wine but didn't take a sip. Instead he put the cup to the sheep's mouth and poured it down its throat.

GongSun Duan's thick eyebrows crossed, Xiao BieLi couldn't help but laugh.

"So it turns out that real men drink milk while the sheep drink wine." Ye Kai said with a smile.

GongSun Duan's face turned colors, he suddenly flew to his feet and berated, "What are you trying to say?"

Ye Kai smiled slightly and replied, "I was just talking to this sheep here, are you a sheep as well?"

"This place isn't an animal pen, why does it attract so many animals?" Xiao BieLi added with a smile.

GongSun Duan turned his head and stared at him.

"Brother GongSun, do you intend to break my legs as well? It's a pity though, both my legs have long been crippled already." Xiao BieLi said.

GongSun Duan clenched his fists and iterated each word slowly, "Good thing that there's someone else in this room whose legs seem perfectly fine."

"That's correct, my legs aren't crippled at all." Ye Kai said.

"Good, then stand up!" GongSun Duan shouted out.

"I rarely stand when I have the chance to sit." Ye Kai replied.

"I rarely sit when I have the chance to stand." Xiao BieLi said.

"I'm quite a lazy person." Ye Kai said.

"I'm a person without legs." Xiao BieLi replied.

Both of them suddenly broke out in laughter.

Ye Kai patted the sheep on its head while still looking at GongSun Duan out of the corner of his eyes. "Brother Sheep, brother Sheep, why is it that you enjoy standing so much?"

GongSun Duan, obviously, was standing up. Veins were bulging all over his forehead, his hand shot to his sabre as he cried out, "I can hack off your legs even if you stay sitting."

A sudden flash of silver, the sabre left its sheath.

With a *BU*, the sturdy table in front of Ye Kai was cut cleanly in half. But Ye Kai didn't move, his eyes didn't even blink.

"I would've never realized that your sabre is used for cutting tables." Ye Kai said with a smile.

GongSun Duan roared in anger and swung his blade around him in a crescent circle. Ye Kai's entire body was enveloped in a brilliant flash of silver, even his eyes looked like they were gleaming with silver light.

With a *DING*, sparks flew in all four directions as an iron cane intercepted the silver sabre, while another iron cane implanted itself into the floor some five inches deep.

The power behind that sabre was frightening. Yet Xiao BieLi stood firmly on the floor, the iron cane in his hand still looked very steady. Because the force behind that sabre had been shifted to the iron cane in his other hand and dissipated into the floor below.

GongSun Duan's face looked utterly pale. He stared at Xiao BieLi and said, "This is none of your business."

"This is not a place for killing." Xiao BieLi replied.

The veins and arteries in GongSun Duan's neck kept undulating up and down, but the sabre in his hand remained motionless.

The iron cane remained motionless as well.

Suddenly, the edge of the blade began to grind against the iron cane, emitting a deafening screech. The other iron cane slowly began to sink deeper and deeper into the ground.

But Xiao BieLi still looked firm and stable propped up on the cane, as stable as a giant boulder.

GongSun Duan suddenly stamped his feet and shattered the stone floor into countless pieces. In two giant steps he flew out of the building without saying another word.

Ye Kai let out a long sigh and exclaimed, "Mr. Xiao possesses incredibly deep and profound internal energy!"

"I embarass myself." Xiao BieLi replied humbly.

"If anyone is able to cultivate their internal energy to the level of 'Catching Lumber With Shifting Flowers', then there really would be no reason to be embarassed at all." Ye Kai said with a smile.

"Brother Ye has wondrous insight." Xiao BieLi returned with a smile.

"GongSun Duan's insight is probably just as sharp, why else would he leave?" Ye Kai said.

Xiao BieLi looked deep in thought as he replied, "It might be because you're not the one who he's really trying to kill."

"But if it weren't for Mr. Xiao, I might well be dead already." Ye Kai said.

"If it weren't for me, then someone really might have died here today, but it definitely wouldn't have been you." Xiao BieLi said.

"Not me? Then who?" Ye Kai said.

"Him." Xiao BieLi said.

"Why would it have been him?" Ye Kai asked.

Xiao BieLi let out a long sigh and said, "He's nothing but a brute, he couldn't even tell that Brother Ye's level of martial arts exceeds his by at least tenfold."

Ye Kai let out a laugh, as if he had just heard the most laughable thing in the world. He shook his head and said, "I'm afraid that Mr. Xiao has estimated incorrectly this time."

"My two legs may be crippled, but my two eyes have yet to go blind. Otherwise, I wouldn't have acted today, having never lifted a hand in more than ten years." Xiao BieLi said.

Ye Kai waited for him to continue.

"I've never encountered a young hero of your caliber in all my years here, not only is your martial arts deep and unfathomable, but your origins are completely unknown, that's why ..."

His tongue suddenly stopped, as if he were waiting for Ye Kai to ask on.

"That's why what?" Ye Kai said.

"It's quite difficult for a cripple with no friends or relatives to survive out here in Bordertown. But if I were to have a friend such as Brother Ye ..." Xiao BieLi suggested.

Ye Kai suddenly interrupted him, "If you were to befriend a person such as myself, then your troubles in the future would be quite numerous."

Xiao BieLi smiled and replied, "And what if I don't mind the trouble?"

"Then we are friends." Ye Kai said.

Xiao BieLi's face completely lit up as he smiled and said, "Then please come over and have a drink with me!"

"Even if you didn't invite me, I'd still drink." Ye Kai said.

A man on horseback riding through the street was suddenly seized by a giant pair of hands and thrown hard to the floor. That rider wanted to scream out in anger, but he held it in. Because he saw that the person who pulled him off his horse was GongSun Duan, and he saw that the look on GongSun Duan's face was full of anger. No one dared to offend GongSun Duan when he was angry.

GongSun Duan flew onto that man's horse and rode away. Where was his own horse?

His horse was galloping widly through the grasslands, the person sitting on its back was Fu HongXue.

When he rushed out of the door before, the first thing he did was leap onto this horse. With the scabbard of his sabre, he smacked the horse, smacked it ever so hard. Almost as if he was pretending that the horse was GongSun Duan.

He needed to vent, otherwise he would've went mad.

The horse seemed like it was mad as well. It raced through the streets and into the grasslands, from sunset to twilight, into the endless, boundless night.

The stars hadn't yet risen into the sky. He would've rathered that the stars never rise, and for there to be no moon, for he much preferred the darkness.

Cold wind scraped at his face, drifting sand beat against his face, but he made no effort to avoid it. He rather welcomed it. If he could endure pain and suffering such as this, what else in this world could he not endure?

He gritted his teeth, his gums began to bleed. The blood tasted bitter, bitter and salty.

Suddenly, a bright light rose into the sky.

It was no star, it was the giant lantern that hung from the flagpole of the 'Hall of Ten-Thousand Horses', its light looked even brighter than the stars.

Stars eventually fade. But what about this light?

He grabbed onto the horse's mane and smacked its rear with his scabbard. He needed to vent, speed was certainly a kind of release. But the horse toppled over with a long neigh, its front legs buckling to the ground.

Fu HongXue was thrown from the horse's back and onto the ground. There was no grass on the ground, there was only sand. The rocky sand scraped against his face which started to bleed.

His mind started to bleed as well.

Perseverance! Perseverance! How long had he been persevering for already? Just how much longer would he have to persevere for?

Just who could empathize with the pain, suffering, and bitter toil that all these years of perseverance had wrought him?

His eyes started to water uncontrollaby - tears seeped in blood, blood-soaked tears.

Stars ascended into the night sky.

Under the starlight, a horse raced through the sand towards him. That rider's eyes were as brilliant as the stars, bells rang in musical harmony - Ma FangLing.

She had the sweetest smile on her face, her eyes looked full of joy, she seemed more beautiful than she had ever been before. It wasn't because of the vivid starlit sky, nor was it because of the bewitching charm of the night, rather it was because her heart was filled with love.

Love had the ability to make the most ordinary of girls charming and attractive, it could turn the ugliest of girls beautiful.

"He must be waiting for me, when he sees me show up unexpectedly, his heart will definitely fill with joy."

She should have never came out. But love filled her with courage, a courage that knew no fear.

She only wanted to see him, nothing else mattered to her as long as she got to see him for just one moment.

The wind was cold, cold and cutting like a blade. But to her, even these cold winds felt warm and soothing. It was then that she heard the sound of silent sobs drifting in the wind.

Who in the world would be crying in the middle of this barren wasteland?

She had already passed by, but decided to turn around. Not only did love make her appearance more beautiful, it made her heart more beautiful as well. She suddenly changed into an extremely kind, gentle, benevolent, and compassionate person.

She spotted the horse that had fallen from exhaustion, and then she saw Fu HongXue.

Fu HongXue was curled up on the ground, his whole body trembling incessantly. He didn't seem like he heard her horse's hoofbeats approaching at all, nor did he notice her dismounting and walking towards him.

He was trying to endure through indescribable pain, he was trying to persevere through unimaginable torture.

Under the starlight, his face looked paler than paper. Blood-soaked tears trickled down his pale face.

Ma FangLing finally saw his face clearly, her eyes widened as she was slightly startled, "It's you?"

She remembered this mysterious youngster, she remembered leaving a small red mark on his face with her whip.

Fu HongXue finally saw her as well, his eyes looked confused and in disarray, like a wild horse in the wilderness. He struggled with all his might to stand up but kept falling back down, it felt as if an invisible hand was pressing down on him.

"Are you sick?" Ma FangLing asked with knitted brows.

Fu HongXue gritted his teeth, white froth had started foaming from the corners of his mouth, it looked exactly like the dead horse's mouth. He really was sick.

This frightening illness had been torturing him for more than ten years. Whenever he was pushed to his limit and could endure no longer, this illness would surface.

He never wanted to be seen when he was sick. He would rather die, he would rather descend to the depths of hell, than be seen when he was sick. Yet, now he couldn't help it.

He bit down on his teeth and started to beat himself with his scabbard. He despised himself. Why did the heavens forsake someone as strong and proud as himself with such a frightening illness? How cruel of a punishment was this?

Ma FangLing recognized his illness, she let out a sigh and said, "Why bother hitting yourself for? This type of illness is not life-threatening. Very soon, it'll ..."

Suddenly, Fu HongXue exerted all the energy in his body to pull out his sabre and screamed, "Leave, or else I'll kill you!"

It was the first time that he drew his sabre. What a brilliant sabre it was!

The brigtness of the blade reflected off of his face, his blood-soaked face. In the blade's reflection, he appeared mad and insane, he appeared bloodthirsty and ferocious.

Ma FangLing took two steps back involuntarily, she look startled and frightened. She wanted to run, but this youngster's four limbs suddenly convulsed, as he fell to the floor once again. As he struggled on the ground, he resembled a horse that had fallen into frozen water, lonely, hopeless, and helpless.

The sabre was still in his hand, the sabre had left its sheathe.

He suddenly twisted his wrist and stabbed the sabre deep into his thigh. Blood gushed forth along the blade of his sabre. His convulsions slowly and gradually subsided. But his entire body was still trembling, trembling so violently that he had curled up into a ball. He looked like a frightened child.

The fear and apprehension in Ma FangLing's eyes changed into pity and sympathy.

A child completely alone in this cold vast darkness ...

She couldn't help but sigh lightly. She walked over and gently held his head, whispering, "This is not your fault, why do you torture yourself so?"

Her voice was soft and tender like a caring mother's. This lonely, helpless youngster had arisen her motherly instincts.

Fu HongXue's tears started to flow. No matter how strong or proud he was, he couldn't help but be deeply affected at that moment.

"I am at fault. I should've never been born. I should've never existed in this world." Fu HongXue exclaimed. His voice was filled with grief and hopelessness.

A sharp pain shot through Ma FangLing's chest. Pity and sympathy can prick like a needle at times. She couldn't help herself and wrapped her arms around him, holding him against her chest, as she said softly, "Don't be too harsh on yourself, you'll feel better soon enough ..."

She didn't finish her sentence because her tears had started to fall as well.

The winds were howling, the fields were howling. The vast grasslands around them looked like an unending ocean of waves. With just the slightest mistake, you could be swallowed whole. But aren't human emotions even more frightening and dangerous than all the waves in the ocean?

Fu HongXue had stopped trembling by now, but his breathing had quickened. Ma FangLing began to feel his warm breath blowing through her clothes. She felt her chest slowly starting to heat up.

A completely blind and selfless sympathy and compassion had made her forget that the person in her arms was a man. It was the greatest act of kindness possible, but it could make people forget many things. But now, another strange feeling suddenly arose in her heart. That feeling was so strong that she almost pushed him away, but just couldn't bear to.

"Who are you?" Fu HongXue suddenly asked.

"My surname is Ma ..." she said. Her voice suddenly cut short, because she felt this youngster's breath suddenly stop. But she just couldn't figure out why. Because no one could've imagined that the power of vengeance was this strong, that it was much more stronger than love.

Because love was warm and gentle, like the breeze on a Spring day. While vengeance was as sharp as a blade, it could penetrate your soul in a single instant.

Fu HongXue didn't ask any further. He suddenly held her down tightly and tore off her clothes.

This change was too sudden, and too frightening. Ma FangLing was so completely shocked that it didn't even cross her mind to dodge out of the way or to resist or fight back.

Fu HongXue's icy cold hands slipped into her top and seized her warm, tender breasts ...

That strange, unusual feeling was also like a blade. And Ma FangLing's heart had been pierced by it. Nervous, frightened, ashamed, infuriated, she felt all those things at once.

She leapt up and slapped Fu HongXue hard across the face. He didn't bother to move out of the way but his hand were still holding on to her.

She was in such pain that her tears started to fall, she clenched her fists and struck towards his nose. One of his hands let go of her while the other one caught her fist. Her breasts fell out of her shirt and were exposed to the cold, chilling winds, firm and pointed straight.

His eyes were bloodshot as he leapt on top of her again. She curled up her knees and kicked away at him. For some reason, not one of them said a word, and not one of them cried out. Crying out in a situation like this was useless.

The two of them rolled around the ground like animals, ripping, tearing, gnawing and biting at each other. More and more of her body became exposed.

She was almost on the verge of madness as she fought and clawed, but her strength had slowly waned.

Suddenly she cried out, "Let go of me, let go of me ... why are you treating me like this? Why ...?" In her mind, she knew that nobody would come to save her, and she knew that he wouldn't let her go. She was really pleading to the heavens.

"This is what you wanted. I know this is what you want." Fu HongXue panted.

Ma FangLing looked like she was about to give up. Upon hearing those words, she suddenly gathered all of the strength in her body and bit down hard on his shoulders. His entire body contracted in pain, but he was still pressing down hard on her, as if he was trying to crush the life out of her body.

Her mouth left his shoulders, filled with his blood and flesh ...

She suddenly started to heave. She couldn't avoid it and took a long, deep breath.

"I beg of you, I beg of you, you mustn't do this." she pleaded.

He looked at her interrogatively, "Why mustn't I? Who said so?"

Suddenly, another voice rang out.

"I said so!"

That voice was extremely calm. Terrifyingly calm.

When driven to the extreme, sometimes anger can turn into calmness.

That person's voice was like a blade in Fu HongXue's ears.

He finally appeared, it was Ye Kai!
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

OMG interesting update! I couldn't believe that that dude was gonna rape that Ma girl! WOW! Sorry I'm not good with names. Thank god that Ye Kai came... I wonder what is going to happen now! Thanks for the great update!

Such a cliffie! My fingernails are just about nonexistent now. I have a bad habit of biting them when I get absorbed with what I'm reading. I can't believe I said that, but anyway, good stuff!

Hmm this was a very R-rated, if not X-rated, chapter. Hope there are no kiddies reading ...
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Gu Long has that tendency to include sensuality in his stories. I noticed that that element is absent in Jin Yong's works though I'm no expert on Jin Yong. But I have read some of his works and I didn't notice anything remotely sensual about Yang Guo and the condor. Erm, I mean Xiao Long Nuu.

Man..What's wrong with this Fu guy?!!! one minute he was a wimp and the next a ***ny beast!

Dont you like the r-rated stuff? LOL

<I think you need to have certain parts of body exposed to give it an X rating >

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    Man..What's wrong with this Fu guy?!!! one minute he was a wimp and the next a ***ny beast!

Dont you like the r-rated stuff? LOL

<I think you need to have certain parts of body exposed to give it an X rating >
    Says the expert? Kidding. And I think Fu just got bowel problems or something. LOL.

All these back and forth exchanges between you two ladies are driving the sensuality level of this thread through the roof.
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”