Thread: Ah Fei (from Sentimental Swordsman Ruthless Sword)

Default Ah Fei (from Sentimental Swordsman Ruthless Sword)

I'm not very familiar with Gu Long's work but I'm currently reading the translation of Gu Long's "Sentimental Swordsman Ruthless Sword" and really like Ah Fei.

Can anyone tell me things about Ah Fei that is not written in the SSRS novel?

e.g.

Who is/are his descendant(s)?

What is his speculated parents (Shen Lang and Bai Fei Fei) like and why do people speculate that they are his parents?

What other books is Ah Fei mentioned in?

What happen to him after the end of SSRS?

Thanks

Older AF is in "Bordertown Wanderer" I think.
    I remember someone mentioning that he is so powerful in his later age, that he doesn't even carry his sword with him anymore.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    Older AF is in "Bordertown Wanderer" I think.
    I remember someone mentioning that he is so powerful in his later age, that he doesn't even carry his sword with him anymore.
    Did he appear a lot in "Bordertwon Wanderer"?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Did he appear a lot in "Bordertwon Wanderer"?
    Nope, he makes a cameo appearance in just one chapter.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Nope, he makes a cameo appearance in just one chapter.
    I don't want to spoil to much, but he's actually in a couple of chapters, right? The initial time... and then he comes back for even more action.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerWong
    I don't want to spoil to much, but he's actually in a couple of chapters, right? The initial time... and then he comes back for even more action.
    I heard that 1 of the main characters in a GL novel is his descesdant. Is it the main character in this book?

I heard that 1 of the main characters in a GL novel is his descesdant. Is it the main character in this book?
    No, it wasn't in this book. And it also wasn't a main character.

Wow, TigerWong. Your answers real short, eh? Didn't even give the book title and the characters name. U want me to read every GL book there is to find out myself? Sorry, can't do that. Can't read mandarin well.

Wow, TigerWong. Your answers real short, eh? Didn't even give the book title and the characters name. U want me to read every GL book there is to find out myself? Sorry, can't do that. Can't read mandarin well.
    What do you mean? I answered all the questions you asked.

One of his descendants shows up in Righteous Blood Cleansing the Silver Spear. I think his name was Shen HongYe or something like that. Don't remember exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerWong
    What do you mean? I answered all the questions you asked.

One of his descendants shows up in Righteous Blood Cleansing the Silver Spear. I think his name was Shen HongYe or something like that. Don't remember exactly.
    Yep. Red Leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Yep. Red Leaf.
    Right, in honor of Fu HongXue and Ye Kai.

Welcome to Ah Fei's fan club, kidd

I posted the exact same questions sometime before spcnet crashed.. too bad the answers got lost!!!]

Here's what people [prolly Tigerwong and AA] told me!

Who is/are his descendant(s)?
    As people told you, his name was Shen Hongye, appearing in Righteous Blood Cleansing the Silver Spear. But apparently he died on page 17 so his kung fu was prolly pretty bad!

Shen = descendant of Shen Lang, Ah Fei's father
    Hong = From Fu Hongxue in the Bordertown story
    Ye = From Ye Kai in the Bordertown story

What is his speculated parents (Shen Lang and Bai Fei Fei) like and why do people speculate that they are his parents?
    From what people told me [I've only read a couple of Wu Lin Wai Shi], Shen Lang was like one of the greatest Gu Long fighters and he was quite charming too.. Bai Fei Fei was a female villain I think.. Someone said she was devious and manipulative.

Also, in Dagger Lee GL did say Ah Fei had a connection with the heroes of previous generation. And from what they told me (again!), GL explicitly said that Shen Hongye was Ah Fei's descendant. Since his last name was Shen.. that means Shen Lang was Ah Fei's father. This Shen Lang slept with Bai Fei Fei.. So we add 2 and 2 and come up with a conclusion that Ah Fei was their son!

What other books is Ah Fei mentioned in?
    I only know that he's gonna show up in Bordertown. Can't wait!! Don't know if he will in Fu Hongxue's and Ye Kai's stories though.

What happen to him after the end of SSRS?
    He became even better and better. Later his kung fu reached the point where he could turn any stick into a deadly weapon. Nobody told me if he ever learned proper swordplay so I'm guessing he still used the same style [you know.. one stab in the throat] till the day he died or something. Noone said anything about his post-Lin Xian'er romance either.. so he could be marrying some obcure woman. And I don't think he ever taught anyone on his sword style... not that there is anything to pass on LOL

And ohh.. later he traveled to the outlying islands of China [I'm imagining he could be looking for his father or something]

That's about all I know! I was going to create an Ah Fei site but sadly there's not enough information. GL didn't like him enough to tell us more about him!
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 06-27-05 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks for the great info BeeDreamer.

Jing Wuming makes an appearance. Li Xunhuan is mentioned, its explained how Ye Kai came to be his disciple.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Why is Shen HongYe named after Ye Kai and Fu HongXue? What's their relationship?

Why is Shen HongYe named after Ye Kai and Fu HongXue? What's their relationship?
    I dunno bout Fu HongXue, but YK is the disciple of LXH. So probably in honour of LXH.
    Can anyone tell me if LXH turns up anywhere? Since the guy has a 'happier' life now, it would be nice to see.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    I dunno bout Fu HongXue, but YK is the disciple of LXH. So probably in honour of LXH.
    Can anyone tell me if LXH turns up anywhere? Since the guy has a 'happier' life now, it would be nice to see.
    But Shen HongYe is named after Ye Kai not Lee XuanHuan. How is that in honour of LXH?