Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: --NBA Discussion--

In my opinion, it's just more entertaining to watch B-ball than Baseball.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    In my opinion, it's just more entertaining to watch B-ball than Baseball.

couldn't AGREE more man!!!

i dunno but baseball and soccer are SOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOring toooooooooooo watch .

i guess it cos of the score being sooooo loooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    couldn't AGREE more man!!!

i dunno but baseball and soccer are SOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOring toooooooooooo watch .

i guess it cos of the score being sooooo loooooow.

Basketball have that 1 second suspense when the game is tied and you don't know who'll win. While baseball have...i dont know...LoL.

Basketball have that 1 second suspense when the game is tied and you don't know who'll win. While baseball have...i dont know...LoL.
    They also have all the timeouts and fouls at the end that drags the last minute in game time to 10 minutes in real time. It comes down to who can shoot free throws the best. That's even if the game is close to begin with, which was not the case in the first 3 games of the NBA finals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    They also have all the timeouts and fouls at the end that drags the last minute in game time to 10 minutes in real time. It comes down to who can shoot free throws the best. That's even if the game is close to begin with, which was not the case in the first 3 games of the NBA finals this year.
    If anything in basketball OR gridiron football could match the constant, mind bending, gut wrenching intensity of last year's ALCS between the Red Sox and the Yanks (excluding Game 3), I haven't ran into it yet. The closest I know of are the 90 (sometimes plus) minutes of a CL Final in soccer (this years, for example) and the back 9 of either the Masters or the British Open. Basketball.. hah. Maybe back in 1986...
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    If anything in basketball OR gridiron football could match the constant, mind bending, gut wrenching intensity of last year's ALCS between the Red Sox and the Yanks (excluding Game 3), I haven't ran into it yet. The closest I know of are the 90 (sometimes plus) minutes of a CL Final in soccer (this years, for example) and the back 9 of either the Masters or the British Open. Basketball.. hah. Maybe back in 1986...
    It's only few time in baseball that you feel the intensity. Nevermind...it depends if you're a hardcore basketball or baseball's fan, right?

It's only few time in baseball that you feel the intensity. Nevermind...it depends if you're a hardcore basketball or baseball's fan, right?
    Again, I'd disagree. But like you said, it depends on the person.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Well it's a known fact the popoulous sport in the world is soccer, so i guess more people think it's better than basketball. lol and it's true. soccer > basketball.

In basketball related news

Ray Allen expected to resign 85 mill over 5 years.
    Thomas shopping Marbury around possibly Marbury + scrubs to the Sixers for Dalembert (sign and trade) + scrubs + contract fillers.

Marbury and AI in the same backcourt hah. Good luck getting shots frontcourt Those 2 can easily jack up 50 shots between them.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Marbury and AI in the same backcourt hah. Good luck getting shots frontcourt Those 2 can easily jack up 50 shots between them.

Maybe that's what Thomas wants - A Dumars/Thomas like backcourt
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    Maybe that's what Thomas wants - A Dumars/Thomas like backcourt
    For the 76ers? I knew Isiah was a bit out there, but I didn't know he was planning for other teams as well as his own. That might explain some of his moves...
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Lakers prediction for 2006?

NBA champ?
    West Conference champ?
    2nd Round?
    1st Round?
    Do not make the playoff again?

My prediction, they'll go pass the 2nd round but will lose in the West Conference. I think Phil can get them there. What's your prediction?
    Last edited by crazylife123; 07-07-05 at 06:47 PM.

NBA champ?
    West Conference champ?
    2nd Round?
    1st Round?

My prediction, they'll go pass the 2nd round but will lose in the West Conference. I think Phil can get them there. What's your prediction?
    the lakers will be the champion.
    kobe wins the mvps(regular season, all-stars, finals)
    jackson wins coy.
    bynum wins roy.
    chucky wins the 6th man.
    kupchack wins eoy.
    it's all about the lakers.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://courtsidebasketball.deep-ice.com/newwebimages/phil_kobe_355_021029.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z
    the lakers will be the champion.
    kobe wins the mvps(regular season, all-stars, finals)
    jackson wins coy.
    bynum wins roy.
    chucky wins the 6th man.
    kupchack wins eoy.
    it's all about the lakers.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://courtsidebasketball.deep-ice.com/newwebimages/phil_kobe_355_021029.jpg')
    That much confidence huh...I really hope so...ABC and a lot of other businesses went down because the Lakers wasn't in the playoff.

NBA champ?
    West Conference champ?
    2nd Round?
    1st Round?

NBA Champ? No, they need a good Center and PG before that happens...
    Western Conference champ? No.
    2nd round? Maybe
    1st Round? Maybe
    They'll make the playoffs.

I think they'll get to the playoffs. I think they'll make it past the 1st round and then eliminated in the next round.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -Zhuge Liang

Other NBA News:

Nate Mcmillan is going to Portland
    Michael Redd re-signs with the Bucks

Doesn't look like the Cavaliers will be getting anyone to help out LJ :\ They were trying to get Redd and Ray Allen... Doesn't look like that will be happening.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang
    NBA Champ? No, they need a good Center and PG before that happens...
    Western Conference champ? No.
    2nd round? Maybe
    1st Round? Maybe
    They'll make the playoffs.

I think they'll get to the playoffs. I think they'll make it past the 1st round and then eliminated in the next round.
    In light of some of those rather "optimistic" predictions for the Lakers, I can see how some people would think that Yao was as "dominant" as they think he is.

Western Finals? They might not even make the playoffs next year. They missed the playoffs by 11 games. Andrew Bynum and Phil Jackson will make up 11 games? Or how about this? Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Sonics, Rockets, Kings, Nuggets, Grizzlies, and T'Wolves. If the Lakers make the playoffs, 2 of those teams will have to miss the playoffs, which two? Kings and Grizzlies would be the most obvious choices, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang
    Other NBA News:

Nate Mcmillan is going to Portland
    Michael Redd re-signs with the Bucks

Doesn't look like the Cavaliers will be getting anyone to help out LJ :\ They were trying to get Redd and Ray Allen... Doesn't look like that will be happening.
    Which all but guarantees that Lebron will high tail it out of Cleveland very very soon.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    In light of some of those rather "optimistic" predictions for the Lakers, I can see how some people would think that Yao was as "dominant" as they think he is.

Western Finals? They might not even make the playoffs next year. They missed the playoffs by 11 games. Andrew Bynum and Phil Jackson will make up 11 games? Or how about this? Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Sonics, Rockets, Kings, Nuggets, Grizzlies, and T'Wolves. If the Lakers make the playoffs, 2 of those teams will have to miss the playoffs, which two? Kings and Grizzlies would be the most obvious choices, but still...

Which all but guarantees that Lebron will high tail it out of Cleveland very very soon.
    Lebron might eventually. Allen Iverson should have done it a long time ago. He's a great player. Sucks that he'll never receive a ring before he retire. Lebron should leave and go to Philly and play with AI.

Lebron might eventually. Allen Iverson should have done it a long time ago. He's a great player. Sucks that he'll never receive a ring before he retire. Lebron should leave and go to Philly and play with AI.
    You never know. There's always the Mitch Richmond option of getting an NBA ring before one retires...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Lakers will make the playoffs and get booted in 4. Phil can probably get Odom to play better but we still have Sucky Atkins and no frontcourt. No frontcourt = 1st sweep at the hands of either SA or PHX.

CLE is better off landing Joe Johnson. Throw JJ the same amount they had planned for Allen and Redd and see if PHX will match. JJ > Allen/Redd

Worst case scenario they pursue Simmons who's a damn good player for 1/2 the price of the other 3.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.