Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Series

some more
    Attached Images Attached Images

one more

last one. for msShortCake

How is Koo Gum? I heard they did a two hour episode with no commercials (not that it makes any difference to us anyway), how is the acting and the storyline? also do you recommend me to watch it?

At the moment I really like the series fai see ngin with Noi and Chakrit, are you guys watching this?

Dingnoy, like you when I'm watching the series in Cantonese, I'm pretty much guessing as well, I then have to wait for the series to be translated in to Thai to actually understand what they are saying. I'm waiting for Eternal happiness at the moment but I don't know when it will come out here. But I'm learning the language now so hopefully I will understand more later and don't have to depend on the Thai version.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Wink

Wow! It's amazing to see that this thread is quite long. Even I am Thai people, I do not normally watch Thai series.

hey i really luv charmaine as much as u luv jessica, sutisa! hehe..then gigi lai-she's so gorgeous, think she's one of the most prettiest people in the world! also like ada, michelle ye, sonjia, wong hei, steven ma, bowie lam, raymond lam, roger kwok, gallen lo. and i luv nie yuan, lol!

hey dingnoy, where's the rest of ann's summary?! not really into koo kum. i don't like sad endings. plus i don't think num and benz match. oh man i wanted noon lakorn to be a happy ending..too bad.

sutisa, i liked eternal happiness very much...but raymond sorta dumb..but cute! hehe...R and M fan too here. so what are u learning, mandarin or cantonese? and how far?

oh i can't watch something i don't understand like u guys b/c if i watch the dubbed version again, it's not as interesting anymore.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yeah i am watching Fai si geun, its quiet good.

Khoo gum is okay to watch if u haven't seen previous versions, but to mean its seems that benz and soram doesn't really match their characters. And the way RS makes there lakorns are quite low in production i think. I think u should give it a try and decide for yourself.

SO back to 2 naree

So nung gets called in to testify on what happened to her that night, she explains that the guys were trying to rape her, but the guys said she invited them, anyways the cop thats on the case is Jakrit (pra ekk). He doesn't like nung and learns about her past deeds and thinks she's a little nuts.

song comes back from studying over sees and opens a gallery, where shes meets jakrit. He mistakens her for nung and acts like a jerk to her and thinks that she is putting on a face to hide her past, until he finds out that his cousin (Pip rawit) is her fiance. He warns pip to watch song carefully.

Nung finds out that song is back, and plans to take revenge.

fast forward......(can't remeber what happened there)..

Song is in hospital and jakrit visit her and tells her to break off with pip or he'll pip her past. Suddenly nung walks in the room while song is running out to get away from jakrit. She sees nungs face and collapses. Jakrit is stunned by her appearance and realises he was wrong about song, and asks nung if tehre related. Nung says that their twin sisters, separated by their parents. she goes over and comforts song (still out) and saids taht she missed and wants to be a part of her life (i think she did it to act lovingly in front of jakrit). then pip walks in and asked jakrit what happened who is also stunned to see nung. When nung finds out that pip is songs fiance she smiles and wants to steal him from song.

Now jakrit knows that song is actually a sweet and innocence girl unlike nung and wants to love and protect her, but can't becuase of pip. meanwhile, nung goes out with pip a lot and he is falling ofr her. Although song now knows the truth about her mom and sister she cannot do anything, only to feel sorry for what happened to them. Nung gets pip drunk and sleeps with him and demand he break it off with song. He calls of teh wedding leaving song shocked and baffled. Jakrit comforts her and songs feeling about him changes.

alot happens but i cannot remember all the details.

anyways pip find out the truth about nung and is disgusted. nungs mom now knows that she's trying to ruin songs life and turns her back on nung. Nung goes crazy and asks song to meet her on teh roof on an apartment to talk. song goes only to find out that nung plans to kill her. nung chases after song with a knife (kinda simmilar to Ada trying to kill Gigi in 'The Link' lol). Jakrit come sup to help and nung falls off the roof herself.

ending.... Song gets with jakrit, while nung is paralyse and sits in a whell chair 1, unable to remember anything and becomes mental, while pip looks after her as now he knows nugn is the one he love, no matter what she's done. nung and songs mom comes to leave with them and breaks up with her boyfriend. Tehy all live happily ever after lol.

Annes performance in this serie sin excellent, no wonde rshe won the golden television award she amde nung seem evil and hateful (even pyschotic), and portrays song as being weak and innocent........and till this day i think not many actresses in thailand can do the same..

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Wow! It's amazing to see that this thread is quite long. Even I am Thai people, I do not normally watch Thai series.
    I've got a Thai friend who doesn't watch it either, I think he has not even seen one full series. So when your not "normal" what Thai series have you seen.

mSsHoRtCaKe, Yes I'm a Jessica & Louis fan (obsessed actually) and a Raymond & Michelle fan. I'm learning Cantonese and have been for a year now but I'm a sloooooow learner. I still don't know much.

I've decided to not watch Koo Gum, not because of Num and Benz, but I don't think I can be bothered to watch a remake, especially one that has a sad ending.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Definitely, I came to this website because I love Hong Kong TV series. Thai series is not my type.

ding noy thanks for the long summary. ever since i first saw ann, she was already good. the girl got it going on! both looks and act.

i think not a lot of guys like to watch thai soaps or chinese. it's mostly the girls. so dun worry, ur normal thai guy.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

the main reason i watch thai lakorns is that my mom loves it and i have been watching it since i can remember. another reason is that chinese/hk series dubbed in thai come out very slowly months at a time, too long a wait and i mainly like ancient dramas and lately TVB has been dissapointing, so i have my Thai lakorns to fall back on

Originally posted by dingnoy
    the main reason i watch thai lakorns is that my mom loves it and i have been watching it since i can remember. another reason is that chinese/hk series dubbed in thai come out very slowly months at a time, too long a wait and i mainly like ancient dramas and lately TVB has been dissapointing, so i have my Thai lakorns to fall back on
    Actually I watched chinese series (ancient) since I was little and never watched Thai lakorn, which was what my mom watched. My first chinese series was Demi God Semi devils (I can't remember what version) but the series that got me hooked on chinese series was Return of the condor heroes with Felix and Barbara. Back then it was even harder to get chinese series cas we lived far from the video store and didn't have a car. Then school holidays came and I had nothing to watch and at the time my mum had a thai lakorn so I just watched it with her. The more I watched the more addicted I became. I think the series was Barn Sai Tong with Doew Saranyu and Monlide. So I've been watching Thai series since. I used to always just watch ancient chinese series, it's only been in the last few years I've started watching modern series, of course most of them are Jessica's series.

mSsHoRtCaKe how did you become to like Charmaine?
    Dingnoy, who your favourite Hk star?
    Thai Guy what Hk series do you like?

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

my fave HK actors are similar to urs sutisa

Louis khoo, Jessica hsuan, Maggie cheung, ester kwan, gigi lai, michelle + raymond, annie man, chilam cheung adn his girlfriend anita yeun.

hehe..lol dingnoy, i like how u put michelle and raymond together.

i don't remember a lot, only that i grew up watching both thai and chinese. u know bansaitong num version was so boring, plus i don't like joy r. oh yeah of course i started to like thai from dao prasook, willy and joy s. lakorn, etc..u know those classics.

sutisa, i liked charmaine from watch heaven sword 2000. at first i didn't like her b/c she looked chubby, lol! but then i don't know just like evil people i guess! haha...i thought she was pretty when she became the leader. it's weird b/c in that show i didn't like gigi ( i learned to like her since doomed to oblivion). HSDS is one of my fave..although i didn't like lawrence for the character zhang wuji.

after that i just followed most her series and thought she was pretty cute in return of the cuckoo with julian.

so sutisa, same question, how did u love jessica?

so guys, what are u're fave series?

i like : HSDS 2000

invisible journey-i absolutely luv this series! luv the relationship between bowie and jessica.

fate twister-a very good series. luv ada and lawrence's love, also gigi

colourful life-funny

not just a pretty face-hilarious

slim chances-i dunno why! lol

hmm, guess that's it..but i liked most of charmaine series.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

I mainly like ancient series, but there are some modern ones.

All early 90's ancient series with Vivian aka Noel leung, i love her.

'Buddist palm strikes back', i still have 2 tapes of this so funny i love eddie kwan.

'The link' storyline was excellent, Ada and Gigi were great in this series.

'DOGD 97' Spetacular......lol

SOD 96 jackie lui was excellent as Leng wu chong

DOMD 97 jordan chan was very funny

HSDS 2000 only because gigi and chermaine was in it

ACGS 2003 mainly because of jesica and wu jing

I like many more both these will do for now

Yeah Dao prasook is a classic, I love Num and Gob's version. Hey! I don't like Joy R either. I thinks it's because of her mouth and the way she talks. It just irritates me.

I loved Jessica from A step into the past, I think thats the series you said you didn't like! Then I started to watch every series she ever played in. Like DIF4, mans best friend, invisible journey, Games of Deceit.......ect. The only series I didn't like her in was Secret of the heart. Actually I own most of her series.

My most favourite series are:
    Anything with Jessica in it except for SOtH, especially ASITP, MBF, Game of Deceit and Golden Faith

Return of the condor heroes - with Felix and Barbara

Holy dragon Saga - Catherine Hung and Frankie Lam

Rememberence - Kenix and Julian

Heroes from Shaolin - Noel, Gigi and Deric

All about Tin - Catherine, Ada, and Deric

Chor Lau Heung - Barbara and Mui Kui Wai(?)

and I used to like anything with Tony Leung and/or Margie tsang in it.

when it come to thai series, I have a harder time choosing my fave cas theres just too many!

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Correction- I was meant to write Legend of the Condor Heroes not Return of the Condor Heroes.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

wow all old series and most classics...i didn't get a chance to watch all the old series mention.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yes me too, i didn't get to watch most of the 80's series too young lol. But i do remember 'Reincarnation', 'Flying fox of snowy mountain' and DOMD- andy lau and tony leung.

By the way what do u guys think are the greatest thai series tear jerkers?

hmm..most lakorns where n'ek or p'ek die like rak nakara
    aya rak was sad but i didn't really cry
    pom puang duang jan-the popular country singer.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e