Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Series

Yeah Rak Nakara and Pom Puang were both sad, I didn't watch Aya rak.

I don't normally watch sad series but I find that in most of Thai series there is always at least one scene that will make you sad or even shed a tear. The ones I remember are Hong Neur Mung gorn, especially when Marsha died and Tang is left alone. Dong Dok Meur when Mam died and he looks at his 7 daughters and at the end when Nok died. Luuk Mai Glay Dun, Andrews story with his Mum and the way she left him, and how Gobs dad wouldn't acknowledge her as his daughter.

Watching both Thai and (modern) Chinese series, I find that Chinese series are more faster paced and Thai slower, but most of the time they have about the same amount of episodes. A lot of people seem to like Chinese series more but I have to say that Chinese series don't focus on the parts leading up to the main love story very much. Most of the time, when they like each other, the next thing they're already living with each other. This is when I prefer Thai series more cas they focus on this a lot more and its interesting to see how they get together. Most of the time its actually quite funny. If I had anything to complain about Chinese series it would be this.

Also I watched a lot of the 80's series, Does that make me old? But one that I didn't watch was DOMD, with Tony and Andy, I couldn't seem to find that anywhere and it's one I really want to watch. Has anyone seen Jordan's version? (I've only seen Dicky's version which was ok) Dingnoy, do you recommend this? I want to see Noel in it.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

oh yeah sutisa, tang and marsha lakorn was sad too! why couldn't they just be together? b/c of the stupid mafia thing. the part where tang got his finger cut off was..ouch... most of tang lakorns are sad like the one with noi. the japanese guy just killed him at the end. i was like,"what.."

i agree too that chinese series are more fast paced and thai is soo slow..like after death scenes in chinese, they get over it fast while thai just keep crying or keep holding on.

sometimes in chinese series i like how to can put a lot of things together. like no matter if their series is about firefighters, doctors, cops, etc..they find a way to add love. and thai lakorns have the same plot like how stepmothers hate the n'ek and stuff and bad girl fights over p'ek or revenge.

do u notice most thai lakorns they never date as in chinese, they date then break up sometimes? i guess chinese more americanized. sometime i like it b/c i'm just tired of n'ek being stubborn. but it's nice that in thai, they develop the love just like u said.

i saw part of the jordon version but somehow i didn't like him or something..i sorta forgot it was awhile ago.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yeah i agree with u guys that Thai lakorns are pretty slow, especially th eold lakorns with kob that go up to like 15-16 tapes or ban sai tong so slow.

DOng dok mae was very sad especially when Nok died at the end and they all go to her funeral, so sad!!!

By the way Sutisa when did u start liking Um and mSsHoRtCaKe when did u start liking noon?

I think my first series of Um is Choon Fun Panan rak with Eak, but the series that made me really like her is plub pling see chompoo. She was so cute in this series, and I just liked her more with each series.

You know the first time I watched (bob pee far) noon I didn't really like her, I didn't think she was that pretty, but after watching a few of her series, I grew to like her, and I think she's really pretty now. I find that her look in period costume suits her well. Whereas Um suits modern series more. At times I think they look alike especially in Rak Nakara, they looked like real sisters.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

i first saw noon in pisawa olaweng but they were new to me to didn't like that much, but i started to like her in kae urm. lol i like everything about her in there. she's not just pretty but talented also in dancing.

hey sutisa i liked um in plub pleung see chompoo. her and aont really cute, but he kinda disappear. however i didn't like mae nark and morrasom haeng cheevit. back then she was always in some kind of tragic lakorn though nowadays her lakorns are more happy endings. but dang man, she was such a b***h in kompayabad!
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Originally posted by mSsHoRtCaKe
    i first saw noon in pisawa olaweng but they were new to me to didn't like that much, but i started to like her in kae urm. lol i like everything about her in there. she's not just pretty but talented also in dancing.

hey sutisa i liked um in plub pleung see chompoo. her and aont really cute, but he kinda disappear. however i didn't like mae nark and morrasom haeng cheevit. back then she was always in some kind of tragic lakorn though nowadays her lakorns are more happy endings. but dang man, she was such a b***h in kompayabad!
    I actually liked Mae Nark but I didn't like Morrasom Haeng cheevit either. Also I opted to not watch kompayabad I find it funny that she was a lot more popular after that series though. Are you guys watching the new Mos and Kob's series I just finished tape one today and its pretty interesting, I never thought that Mos and kob would ever be in a series together, but their not too bad.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

hey did u guys hear that TVB and ch. 3 will be co producing internal affair? the stars from ch. 3 will be nok chatchai and cherry khemupsorn. i dunno but it seems weird since we were talking about the differences between chinese and thai. i wonder what style they will use, thai lakorn which is slow or tvb. but anyway i don't know what this is about but i think chatchai is old and haven't like cherry yet.

nope, but i think mos is cute.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yeah i agree Um was so nasty in Kom payabat

Whats the thing between TVB and CH3 pretty weird huh!

Anyways i watch the first tape of mos and kob's lakorn too, but didn't really like it. dont know why but kob's character is always the same, i don't know how she can still be CH7 number 1 actress, i think Um and noon are catching up though.

Noons character in mae eye sa uen is startign to be really selfish now, i fell so sorry ofr the dad!

Is Noon's character really a prostitute in the series?

mSsHoRtCaKe, where did you hear that news about TVB and Ch3. Did you read it in a magazine? I read TV Pool every week but I haven't heard about this yet and there normally quite up to date with the hottest news. Especially something like this. Also agree with you that Chadchai is a bit old and Cherrie, I like her but I think someone else might be more appropriate. But I guess it depends on the character.

Hey do you guys know of any Thai Magazines that are about the HK/Taiwan/chinese industry. Preferably one that doesn't just feature F4, cas I can't stand them. I don't know why girls like them so much. Sorry if I offend any of you guys but they're just too much publicity on them. I think I prefer D2B more and I've only heard about 3 of their songs.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

yeah Noon's character was tricked into goin to the brothel and was raped cos the guy put a sleeping pill in her drink. So she did become a prsotitute but got pregnant with pra'ek and stoped.

I read TV pool too, there used to be a magazine called GOLD STAR but no longer published. Don't know if there r any of its kind out there lol.

oh my friend really likes noon and vee lakorn. she says it so good and i wonder? i'm still deciding..it's too dramatic! like she get rape then prostitute? i think she can't control the rape but she can decide to do something else beside becoming a prostitute. plus i can't stand it she lost her virginity to some old guy and not p'ek!

dingnoy ok just tell me, what part did she get rape and stuff? if i see it i don't want to see that part. are there a lot of cute scenes between noon and vee?

sutisa i can't read magazines but i read it at a website..it was just a brief note, dun know for sure.

oh yeah i know about F4. u saw meteor garden? i haven't seen it yet but to me F4 look like a bunch of girls. i prefer james (cutie) or tik (my god he's such a hottie). speaking of D2B, i hope Big gets better soon.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

No I haven't seen Meteor Garden and don't plan to either. Actually I don't want to see anything with F4. I went to my Thai store and they told me that they had a new chinese series, silly me just borrowed the first tape on the spot. It turned out to be Love Storm, a Taiwanese series that has two of the guys from F4 and a bunch of very annoying girls, especially the lead who is not pretty (I don't want to admit it but Barbie is even prettier then this girl) and sleeps in a room that is too pink and looks very princess/ cartoonish and wears really weird clothes. Don't watch this series whatever you do. Luckily I'm now watching Find the light (Thai) and Lady Fan (Cantonese).

Question - Have you guys seen Eternal Happiness? dubbed into Thai yet. I've seen the preview on my Thai tape and that was awhile ago, just wondering if you've seen it and what is the Thai title for it cas the people at the rental store don't know what I'm talking about. (I've seen this series in Canto but want to re-borrow it in Thai so I can understand it better)

Upon hearing what Noon has to go through I am definetly NOT going to watch this series. I'll just wait for the one with Chakrit.

Nowadays, Thai magazines mainly focus on the Korean and Japanese series industry, which is quite annoying cas I don't follow it or am interested in it.

Also I hope Big gets well soon as well. I feel bad that D2B have to break up.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

The bit where noon gets raped is at the end of tape 1. So i guess u can watch it up to that part and then watch tape 2 straight away.

Sutisa, when did u see the promo for Eternal Happiness? I've seen find the light in thai and Lofty Water Verdant BOWs, which was made after Eternal Happiness, but came out first in thai Pretty weird huh.

I hate F4, like my aunty gave me some videos to watch, that she borrowed of her friend and it turned out to be 'Poor prince' with that Vic guy, all i have to say is what rubbished that series was. Nothing interesting at all (Miscasts everywhere).

I saw the promo of Eternal Happiness about mid last year. I only saw it once at the start of the tape that I was watching. You see at the start of my chinese series (in thai) I rent, they always have the trailers of new series that are going to be dubbed/released in Thai. I know this cas I saw the trailer for LWVB a couple of months before then it came out. This has happened with a lot of series I've seen except for Eternal Happiness. I watched it in Cantonese and I really liked it but I didn't get a lot of parts (dialogue) and I really want to get my hands on it.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

i wonder why people like F4 so much; they look so gay seriously.

sutisa i can't believe u rented find the light; i hated that series. well it was just so boring to me. i only like bosco and tavia in there but they didn't get a lot of scenes. tell me when u finish that ok?

oh i don't watch in thai so would know about the dub ones, i'm khmer. so are there a lot of chinese series dubbed in thai?
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

actually i thought find th elight was pretty good, apart from the rushed ending and Shirley Yeung (yuk).

Anyways just finished CGS, overall a good series, but i feel the ending is rushed a bit and how come Jason wu looks better 20 years later with that cool hair style, compared to the spiky one before ?

Hey mSsHoRtCaKe are there alot of chinese series dubbed in cambodian? or do u watch it in mandarin?

oh yeah the princess was so annoying! i hated her too.

i know, i guess everybody know that jason look so much younger and daniel so old...haha..but jason was cute!

well for TVB ones, i can say they they translate it all but slower than viet (a month or 2 about). and taiwanese about the same as viet except not much of the modern ones. so i guess u can say a lot. and yes i watch in khmer.

hey do u guys know anything about ann alicia and pepper's lakorn? like when is it airing and stuff? omg i really want to see this lakorn! it looks good, a drama but happy ending i heard. and pepper looks so cute although i've never seen him before.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Originally posted by mSsHoRtCaKe
    i wonder why people like F4 so much; they look so gay seriously.

sutisa i can't believe u rented find the light; i hated that series. well it was just so boring to me. i only like bosco and tavia in there but they didn't get a lot of scenes. tell me when u finish that ok?

oh i don't watch in thai so would know about the dub ones, i'm khmer. so are there a lot of chinese series dubbed in thai?
    I only rented this series because their was nothing else and I actually quite like Ron and Bosco (from Triumph in The Skies). I don't really like Shirley and Tavia that much but I do like Maggie.

OMG I can't believe your Cambodian, so am I! I use to watch my Chinese and Thai series dubbed into khmer but they took too long to come out. So I went and learnt Thai for about 5 years and made friends with a lot of Thai people ( I joined the Thai club at Uni) now I can speak, read and write fluently. Now I'm trying to learn Canto and hopefully can one day speak that fluently too. My Canto classes only teaches how to speak, we don't learn how to read or write cas that will take ages.

I find that their aren't that many chinese series dubbed into Thai, especially TVB series, they mainly do Taiwanese and Mainland China series. When its TVB series they mainly release Wuxia series, not Modern. Same with Khmer, but recently they are starting to dub more modern series.

Now I watch all my Thai series in Thai and my chinese series in whatever language I can get my hands on. Sometimes I watch that one series in all three languages. this mainly applies to all Jessica series. Am I obsessed or what?

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Yeah Sutisa i think u are obsessed lol...

The lakorn with Alicia and Pepper is called 'Lay Rati', its not coming out until ages, after Sigh ya ruk finish, Sa nai Chun will air and then its lay rati's turn.

Actually i like Ron and Bosco i think they are new raising stars of TVB and also i like Tavia (she looks like maggie cheung and Kristy yang combined), as well as, Maggie Sui and Damian.

Wow u guys are cambodian cool, are u full cambodian or chinese cambodian?

I'm Lao, i just learned to read thai 3 years ago, started by buying TV Pool and could only read some bits of it, now i can read fluently.

WHat u studying at Uni Sutisa? I've just completed my Bachelors of Medical science in 2003, now doing my Masters in Applied Science (molecular Biotechnology) at Sydney University.

u mean it's not out til ages?? oh no!!! i really want to see it..will wait. i hope it's worth my anticipation. lol dingnoy how can u combine maggie and kristy?? haha..i just think it's funny.

hmm..interesting facts from u both. dingnoy are u going to be a doctor? must be really smart! as for me i have a few more years to go. is lao and thai language similar to each other? i dunno i heard that if u are lao, u can probably understand thai? i have some chinese blood. actually my grandpa lives in southern china, i don't know if u are familiar, but he lives in guangdong. i might go visit this summer, but i'm still afraid of SARS.

yes sutisa u are obsessed! man why are u complaining thai lakorns takes a long time to be dub in khmer?! i heard from my friend in AU that it's as fast as thai. btw, do u know someone named somany?

it's so bad here! i have to wait for a long time for them to come out in khmer, like over 2 months. that's why i'm always behind.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e