Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Series

I'm not studying anymore cas I've finished my course. I was only doing a TAFE course it's official name is an Advanced Diploma of Business in International Trade at RMIT. Long hah! Dingnoy you sound really smart.

mSsHoRtCaKe, again I'm like you, my grandfather is Chinese too but I would say my nationality is Cambodian. But I was actually born in Thailand, then I moved to Australia when I was 1yr. Confused yet?

Your friends right about Thai series coming out quickly now, but back then about 10yrs ago it was so slow. And the only series that they dubbed were of artist that were well known among the Khmer community eg. Ann Sirium, Meow Lolita, Kob, Num, Sam,ect..... Back then i didn't even know they had younger artistes. It was only when I went back to visit family in Cambodia did I get the chance to see other artists. The series that got me hooked was Kaow bleorg, I just absolutely loved Tao and Kat. So when I got back to Australia I begged my mum to go to Thai classes.

mSsHoRtCaKe if you can't read Thai, where do you get your information from? I get TV Pool and Dara parpyon every week to follow news, but I like them because they always print upcoming storylines, (I like spoilers) which help me in deciding what new series to borrow.

Somany? where about does she live? U know if I did know her that would be freaky. It'll definetely be a small world.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

hey sutisa go check ur email i also wrote!

haha..i know it will be a small world then! i just assume b/c she she also lives in melbourne or victoria.

btw, what is TAFE?

so when did u go to cambodia? i went in 2002 summer.

i know too they always dub sam, sam, sam lakorns..gosh it's so tiring! right now they still do popular people.

oh i get my info from stars2dramas forum. if u guys haven't gone there, go there now; lots of thai discussions except sometimes there are really immature people. they argue and insult other actress. like kob fans, um fans, aom fans. but there are nice people like me too!
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

I went to Cambodia quite a while ago, about 10 years ago, I was thirteen and we went there for a month. It has got to be one of the most boring holidays I''ve been on because I wasn't allowed to do anything cas my parents were too scared and into my second week i got really sick from eating too much sugar cane so I pretty much just slept the rest of the trip. This was when I descovered the Tao and Kat series . I don't really remember the trip that much except for meeting a lot of family, being too hot, craving for 100% orange juice and wanting a decent bathroom. But I have to say my relatives were very nice to me and the fruit was delicious. So how was your trip?

I don't know what the American equivalent for TAFE is, but it's for those whoses scores aren't high enough to get into a Uni course. Also most TAFE courses are more specific, not like Uni where you might graduate with a Commerce degree, then you have to major in something. Whereas with TAFE courses, you graduate in a specific area like International Trade (like me for example). Also a lot of people opt to take a TAFE course if there score isn't high enough to get into the degree they want (even though their score is high enough to get into another degree), they would take a similar course in TAFE, get top marks in most subjects and hence can move into the degree they want. For me I could have moved into a Commerce degree, majoring in International Business. Hope that makes sense.

Also thanks for the link, I might have to go there sometime. Except I don't like it when people diss others idols.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

thanks for the long explaination about TAFE; i just thought it was abbrieviated.

wow u went there a long time ago! i actually had lots of fun and made a lot of funny friends and met a cute guy too..hehe. i liked the food very much and planning to go there again someday.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Well actually i'm not that smart mSsHoRtCaKe, otherwise i would have been studying Medicine (UAI of around 99.7), i got 92. So i did Medical science instead, which is kinda like the basics of medicine with science as the main focus, my major is (human biology). Now i'm studying a masters degree and doin a test called GAMSAT on 27th of march to get into POstgrad Medicine (another 4 years). I'll be old before i finish hehe

yeah all lao people understand thai, but thai don't understand lao funny huh. Its because Thai language was established after our's, they combined Pali, laos and cambodian together to make thai. If you listen carefully tehre are some words similar to cambodian.

Sutisa are u thinking of studying at uni or finding a job?

I've never been back to laos, we left when i was 1 and treked to thailand, they were put in concentration camp for 6 years and sponsored over to australia by relatives, been here for about 14 years now.

So what u doing with ur self mSsHoRtCaKe, are u working or studying?

aw...don't say u're not smart. hehe..i'm not smart either. sutisa are u smart? oh man sounds like a lot of schooling for u dingnoy! hehe..i can't stand to be in school that long, but it's good that u are doing it; it'll be rewarding at the end, so i encourage u! are u planning to get into pharmacy? i'm not familiar with AU college systems but it's similar to the US's like taking exams to get into grad school. right now i'm just in my first year of college studying civil engineering, but i'm already thinking of changing major.

u are right it is weird when u say thai don't understand lao. i don't know much history but it's interesting how thai combine all these languages together. say, what is pali?
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Cool, my friends doing civil engineering as well. Which college u at?

NO i'm not thinking of going into pharmacy, cos i want to be a practicing doctor, mainly cos of teh money hehe

Pali is the old language or buddist language that monks used now in their chants. Most South east asian countries used Pali as a basis to build new languages upon, Lao used it to.

I can say a few worlds in cambodian, here goes.

Souk sa bai = hello

Dop= ten

hehe my dad knows more though.

hey have u guys seen the the promo for 'Risaya' look real good huh

TAFE is an abrieviated form of something, I just don't know it! Smart? if I was I would be in Uni, I'm working now cas i couldn't stand studying anymore. It was just too repetitive, but I do admire those that pursue.

It is weird that the three countries are so close yet we don't really understand each others languages. I had a Laos friend and when she spoke to her parents I could only understand about 5 words out of the sentence cas they were similar to Thai, but they watched Thai series in Thai, I used to wonder about that.

I probably won't watch 'Risaya' cas its going to be one of those series about a big family and there lots of wives or something along those lines, I normally don't like those types of series. I kinda remember bits and piece from the old version about a really mean grandma? and Yui was Nang 'ek.

I'm actually excited about watching the new series with Um and Tik, they will make an interesting couple! I don't know what the storylines like though, I'll definetely watch it no matter what (unless it's a really sad series)

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Um and Tik's series is called 'narg sao jing jai kub nai san dee', supposed to be a romantic comedy. Their roles are the opposite to the title. That is, Um will play someone who is not jing jai and Tik will play a guy that is not so good.

Actually i'll watch risaya becuase of the cast, i know the storyline is probably goin to be similar to other period dramas.

Anyone watching MOS + KOB's lakorn? I don't reall like it.

who's in risaya? hey dingnoy i heard kob and mos lakorn is good, however, i heard kob and oil lakorn was good too, but when i saw the beginning i was bored to death.

omg sutisa i hope u get ur comp fix! i sorta wrote a long message but i can't get it back b/c i wrote it here. well i'll try to write it again here or pm u later (i'm so lazy now!).
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Risaya

casts include: Job niti, Chai Chutayudom, Lada, Nok jariya, Jai Jim mayurachut.

oops, forgot to answer ur question. i go to the university of southern california. hey u know pharmacist make a lot of money too. lol, it's funny u just know how to say the number 10! haha..j/k i don't know any laos either. hey is risaya a boran lakorn?

i'd like to see um and tik lakorn too; hope it's good. they're 2 good looking people alright. sorry but tik is so handsome i can't say enough.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

I actually quite like Mos and Kob's larkorn, but maybe likeing the two leads has something to do with Everyone's always saying they are bored with the roles that Kob gets because she's always the same, but for some reason I seem to like it. Eveytime Kob has a series I always end up seeing it. I especially like Duwe Rang Atitarn, where she has special powers (actually she was a bit evil in that one), Luke Mai Glay don with Andrew and Dung SawanSarb with Por. The one with Oil was okay, she didn't play a person who cried all the time, actually she was his bodyguard. I wouldn't mind seeing her play in a series with Num again.

Another series I want to see now also is Fai nai Var yuk with Por(yes Por again, cas I know how much you guys like him ), Uw Parnuk, and Chompoo Ariya. This series look quite interesting cas Uw's going to be the bad guys, and Por's going to be hot tempered! He also gets framed for Uw's murder and goes and hides at Chompoo's resort/farm.

mSsHoRtCaKe, I went to a friends place and read my email there (but I can't really remember much, sorry). If you are going to go to Beijing, how long for? I'm a bit scared of going overseas by myself as well, or else I would of went to Thailand or Hong Kong to find work by now.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

yeah all of kob's lakorns u mentioned before were good, but i think i liked her most in Daow pra souk.

Fai nai wa yu looks good, but its one of those akorns that gets filmed nad aired at the same time (like ch7 likes to do), so i'm not sure how it will turn out. Hopes its not rushed.

I am now a fan of bao jin jong, so i'm looking forward to the 2 lakorns that they are filming, ie, Pleng pai fa lom daow with noon + chakrit and Barn pu tawun with Yui + Oil, yui plays 2 characters a disabled girl and an assasin, wonder if she's improved?

I have to say only in Thailand can they film a series and air it at the same time! It's good cas we get to see it quicker but it's bad when they rush it and sometimes the editing isn't 100%.

I want to see that series with Yui and Oil, I've liked Yui ever since the series with Mos, and Oil, well what can I say he's cute. The storyline sounds interesting too.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

oh i don't know if i'm going now..i heard there's a bird flu!

i liked kob lakorns in the past, now i don't like anymore..i guess time changes, acting. so forth. of course dao prasook one of the classics. then i like dok kaew, tad..bussaya, and i esp love the reincarnation one sutisa!! oh that lakorn was so interesting and good to me! recent one i like of her is dang sawan.. hope the dark angel one with vee is good; she really look good in black.

yui/oil lakorn sound interesting too..hehe.i liked mos/yui lakorn too.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Is Kob and mos lakorn finished? cos in TV pool it says the new lakorn with Pok and brook is airing at that time slot?

Noon's lakorn finish already should get the tape tomorrow, the lakorn that replace it is 'jao baow korng suteye' with numfon and arnuts.

Originally posted by mSsHoRtCaKe
    oh i don't know if i'm going now..i heard there's a bird flu!
    You can still go, just don't eat any birds!

Mos and Kob's larkorn is nearly finished, probably have 1 1/2 tapes to go. I find that TV pool always publish their airing times a bit faster.

I've just seen the first tape of Kiew Warn 2001, it's alright but like you said Dingnoy, Nang 'ek has an IQ of about 50. She's actually a bit annoying (even though I like the actress) and I find her quite silly. But I'll probably watch the rest (i've already borrowed the next 3 tapes), hope she improves.

Talking about Mos and Yui's larkorn, there was this one scene, in which every time I think about it, I just crack up. It's the one where Mos and Dik first go to Yui's dad store to buy some items. Yui's saying to them that there's a special promotion on at the moment, if they buy a lot, she'll give them free plastic bags! I was laughing so much at that (I don't know why). It was my favourite scene in the series.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

hey guys give me some info! who's in kiew warn?

and a question, do u guys know where to buy chinese cds or video stuff? yesasia is kinda expensive.

lol sutisa that does sounds funny but i don't remember it! i know there are a lot of funny parts in there.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Do you have a China town near you, cas thats where I go to buy all my HK Cd's. I don't buy from the internet so I don't know of any good, cheap sites. Also it is still quite expensive to buy from the shops. I only buy CD's of artist I really like eg. Andy Hui, William So, Flora Chan ect...

But I fly to Sydney once a year, and they seem to have more variety and a lot cheaper VCD's and CD's there. Some are real and some are pirated. So everytime I go, I just go crazy and buy whatever. They also have a lot more Thai CD's too.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium