Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Series

Casts of 'kiew warn 2001' include, Uom siryakhon, jon niti, gig suwatjani and many more funny people, in particular the older actors they are superb. I finished it yeaterday 8 tapes in all, pretty good series if u don't get too annoyed with the way Uom talks.

I don't know about cheap HK VCD's/CD's, but i know a site for Thai products, like chinese series VCD, magazines, thai karaoke, tha series tapes etc. there are some bargains taht u can find. the site is www.ethaicd.com.

I'm almost finished Noon's lakorn 1/2 a tape to go. My mum and sister cry bucket loads when watching tape 7, all actors are superb!!!!

omg i heard noon slashed her throat! god that is a painful death! i guess she really feel bad about her father. u know what's funny about this lakorn, is that everybody already know the storyline and how it will end. so are there 8 parts? if so it's a good length.

oh there is oum in there, i miss seeing her and pol.

thanks for the site, but it doesn't have what i'm looking for. it seems thai have a lot of taiwanese series and not much tvb. i think i will go to chinatown..just lazy to drive up there!

sutisa u fly to sydney? how far is it from melbourne?
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yes Thai do dub a lot more taiwanese series then TVB series but it's getting better. Hopefully one day they can dub it as fast as the Viet's do.

Also Sydney is just a little under an hour by plane, close ha. I can't remember how long it takes by car. But if my Mum is driving, it will take you 2 days to get there cas she's so slow.

Dingnoy, I think it is the way she talks, and also the way she thinks, she's a bit slow. It's just that I've never seen Uom act like that in any other series, I'm not use to it. I think I like her in stronger roles. My favourite series of hers is one of her first one's, the one with Ann and they play sisters (their's three sisters) and Jindaparty with Pul.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

oh that's about a 5 hr drive, but it's so fast on plane. and i'm very lazy when it comes to driving! well i'm bored at the moment, nothing new. sutisa did u watch jessica and joe series yet?
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Yes. I've finished Jessica's and Joe's series already. It was alright, actually Jessica was fantastic as usual, but the overall series was alright. I'm sad now cas there's no new Jessica series yet. She's filming another series with Joe again, but when that will be released, I don't know. What about you, are you watching any new Charmaine series? Angels on Mission is coming out, but I definetely won't be watching this series cas it's got no-one I like, especially Sonija, can't stand this girl. She's more annoying then Barbie.

Also Charmaine is filming a new series with Joe Ma, Nadia Chan, Sunny Chan and Annie Man. I'll watch this cas I like Annie.

Also I read in TV Pool that Ch7 is thinking about releasing some of there classic series on VCD, if its true, that would be good news. Also EXACT will realease the series with Aom and Tik on VCD too!

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

joe is popular now! but i don't like how he's paired up with charmaine; they don't seem to match. wish it was sunny instead. u know the new series this year, i really don't like most people in there! like myolie playing lead and new gal tiffany lam. i think they're fine playing supporting but not lead! and there's such a big fuss about ron which i don't like either (mainly b/c find the light, ron and shirley i don't like although i think i've complained about this already, lol!) i know i'm disappointed about the actors, like what happened to the others? but it's cool wong hei has new series.

i'm bored right now nothing to watch both thai and chinese. yeah i will see angels.., but i hope it's good these charlie angels versions. like bussaba3cha, it was good but then yeah u know...

hey did u read at tvbspacenews about the series with thaitv 3 actors i mention earlier? it has alex fong, yoyo (i know u can't stand her either), and some other people.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Hey yeah i read that article on Tvbspacenews, interesting huh! wonder if they'll have significant roles as compared to the Hk actors. Is it Nok chutchai and cherry that will be the thai actors? which anne could be in it, cos i want her to be famous throughout asia hehe.

BTW sutisa the series with tik and Aom is already out on VCD at ethaicd.com

I just watched first 2 tapes of Risaya, its quite good i especially like the new actress who plays Ying Wun, she pretty and can act better than lada although she can talk thai much better. I don't really like Chai in here i think his a miscast.

here the article if u haven't read it yet!!

TVB's thirty episode police drama "Fight for Every Moment" held its costume fitting yesterday and the stars will include Alex Fong, Patrick Tam, Moses Chan, Kevin Cheng, Yoyo Mung, Fiona Yuen and Miki Yeung from Cookies. The show is a collaboration with Thailand's Channel 3 and there will be some Thai cast members who will be arriving shortly in Hong Kong for their character screenings.

To mark the occasion, TVB production chief Catherine Tsang was on the scene to watch over the proceedings and in response to suggestions that the show was copying the American hit drama "24" that is currently showing on TVB Pearl, Catherine says: "It depends how you look at it. '24' is about an incident that happens over a day, but 'Fight' is about a story that covers a day an episode totalling a month, so there will be some differences." The male and female Thai cast members will be speaking Thai during filming and then their voices will be dubbed into Cantonese. The Hong Kong crew will be heading out to Thailand in June for a month on location. As for suggestions that TVB was cutting back on production costs, Catherine says: "The company is just using what it needs to use and not being wasteful. Some things need to be streamlined, but this show will be using a lot of cast members and there have been no cuts to the budget. (Will the location costs come to 3-4 million dollars?) More than that, but I don't have the exact figures."

The reporters noticed that Patrick Tam was wearing hearing aids in both ears and he reveals he is suffering from a hereditary disorder that his doctor is yet to be able to treat. Is it inconvenient for him? He says: "I can't go diving! Also I can't hear very low pitched sounds, so it is sometimes difficult to communicate, especially when there are a lot of people talking and joking. If you speak too quickly then I won't hear you, so I miss a lot of things." When asked when he found out about his condition, he says that he found that the sound of his girlfriend's voice was becoming quieter and quieter and sometimes he could barely hear her, so he realised he had a problem. As Patrick was rather reserved as a child and didn't play with other children so he didn't realise he had problems with his hearing. However, despite his condition, he says there is no problems at all. Patrick indicates he will be playing an undercover cop in the show who is both good and evil: "I have watched the American show '24' and it is very good. At the same time, the company approached me to do this show and it is like a wish come true."

In the show, Alex Fong plays a detective sergeant and has a daughter who is played by Miki from Cookies. Although Alex has played father figures in the past, this is the first time he has had a teenage daughter and he jokes that there may be rumours spread between him and his 'daughter'. Alex says: "I am only 35 years old and in my last show, my girlfriend was only around 18 or 19 years old. Now I have an 18, 19 year old daughter I am a little hurt, she seems more like my little sister. (Have you opposed this arrangement?) It doesn't matter, it's just acting. If I had married early, then I could have had a daughter this old."

The story tells of Alex divorcing from his wife and having a one night stand with Yoyo Mung. He jokes: "I have worked with Yoyo many times and each time she is either my wife or my girlfriend. She is talented and beautiful, her figure is another matter though, after all which big-breasted women possess great talent?" When Yoyo heard this dig at her figure, she immediately retorted: "He likes little girls now, he thinks I am too big (old)." To this Alex replied with a double-edged response: "How would I think you are big? You are not big at all!" Yoyo was left speechless and could only laugh and hit him.

As for Miki, she says that she is quite nervous about filming for the first time, especially as her co-stars are all so experiences, but she will be asking Stephy and Theresa as well as her 'dad' Alex for advice."

How exciting! so it's true afterall. Hmm wonder if it's Nok and Cherrie? I wish they'd hurry up and tell us who it is. I hope it's Anne too, she beats Yoyo anyday, in both looks and talent. I hope they can get Tik too! and I hope their roles are substantial. I'm still wondering why none of the Thai magazines have no reports on it. It's pretty big news.

As for Thai lakorn, I'm still waiting for the Por one, I'll probably watch the numfon and Johnny one, and I'll definetely watch the Pok and Brook one. As for Ch3, there nothing that interests me at the moment.

Dingnoy, I don't really like Lada that much, I've never seen her in a series but she's someone I don't like at first sight.

Shortcake, I'm actually looking forward to the new pairing of Sunny and Annie (sorry but I'm not a great fan of Charmaine), and I really like Ron Ng (and not from Find the light) but in "Triumph", but like you I don't really like Myolie that much either. She is fine as supporting roles, but not lead. I thought she was so annoying in "Triumph", everytime something happens, her character always knows about it even if it has nothing to do with her. Maybe because I really like Flora Chan and Michelle Yip, it just made me annoyed with her character even more. But there is a lot of new TVB series that I'm not looking forward to.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

hi guys! yeah i wish it was someone else beside chatchai and cherry! i think ann t. will be so good; she got the looks and skills. also i like janie and vicky from ch. 3. what channel is bee namtip from? u know tik has a movie with chinese actresses from china, but i don't know what's it call or even if it's done.

i don't really like job niti and chai as p'ek. and i don't think i will watch anymore of johnny's lakorns either. i'd like to see the second lakorn of ken and janie.

i know a lot of people like TITS, but i've also heard some that doesn't. i haven't seen this yet, but i know for a fact that i don't like love triangles and i heard only myolie ends up with francis, and no one else is together. which sucks b/c i like michelle. and why couldn't bosco have a big part?
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Tik's movie is called The Eye 2, (part 1 was really popular in Thailand and if you haven't seen it, see it, cas it's really good and there are some pretty scary scenes, especially the one in the lift, I had goosebumps watching this movie and didn't want to get into a lift alone for a while, part 1 had Ying Chadchar)

I think Bee Namtip is not from any channel, she's got a contract with Grammy so she can play with any channel. But I don't really like her that much. Vicky and Janie are cute but I think Ann would be the best. I have a feeling that the Thai stars won't have a very big part, you said that the storyline is going to be similar to the US 24, so they'll probably have some situation where eg. some national treasure is stolen/big drug deal taken place and they go to Thailand so the hong kong police have to go there and do their job. This is probably where the Thai stars will come in. Think something along the line of payak rai 6 pandin. Guys please update as soon as you find out who's going to be in it.

"Triumph" is alright, but if you don't like Myolie as lead, then I'd advise you not to watch it, cas she's in 95% of the scenes, which is really irritating cas her character is annoying (for me). She kept following Francis around, and having these really weird little dreams (her thoughts) and she 'happens' to know everything that is going on. Also, I thought that Francis and Flora would be together but they didn't cas their love in the first few episodes left me with a great impression, so when they didn't end up together, it was a great dissapointment (adding to my dislike of Myolie). Flora, Michelle, Francis and the S4 guys were the people that kept me watching the series. I thought that Sammuel was really cute and I like Ron's character.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Yeah i don't like Myolie either even though i haven't seen any of her series i just don't like her.

I don't like pors new lakorn i don't no why, but maybe cos i see him too much and the production seems low budget, as well as i don't like teh lighting in this series.

I really like risaya, don't know maybe its becuas ei love period dramas.

And andrew's lakorn is almost finish, it had a slow begining but towards the end its really good.

I do hope that Anne is one of the actors in 'fight for every moment' coz i think she'll show all the other HK actors how great she is, and maybe if she's famous in HK, i'll really like to see her inan ancient drama/wuxia serial, i reckon she'll look superb in those ancient constumes

sutisa i don't watch thai movies. i thought dom/sonjia lakorn was boring even though it was action, but sonjia looked really pretty in there. so u can't find any info in mags about the series?

dingnoy, i think au panu should play the good guy not the bad guy! hey can u give me a brief summary on risaya?

haha ann in a karate series? she'll have to learn fighting skills then and she can kick ***. sorta like tae or something (i never seen him though).
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Well Risaya or Jealousy revolves around a lady called Mom Chulee, who is kinda mental and hates everyone who destroys her families reputation/name. She hates her husband for sleeping with a servant and getting her pregnant. when the servant gives birth i think she kills her (not shown yet maybe in later tapes), then her husbandi think knew what happened and hung himself on a old tree in the backyard.

Mom chulee has a son with him called Tun chai Hareepun and the servant had a daughter can khuon ying wunsigar (who mom chulee keeps to take revenge on whenever she is angry...poor her). okay so the story stars off with ying wun waking uu from a dream..she sees her father spirit floating in the air and she follows his spirit to the tree where he hung himself and lighting hits the tree at the exact branch where he hung himself.

the title song come up etc

Chai hareepun is in english finishing off his studies his been there for ten years, leaving ying wun to teh mercy of mom chulee and her niece Obsawart (who was sleeping with chai hareepun before he went oversees and continnues to have an affair with him when he gets back). so now ying wun is talking to a servant about mom chulee and how she found her talking to a male friend and yelled at her for being a **** like her mom was. She told Obsawart to tie ying wun up and cut her hair until she was close to bald and she wasn't allowed to go to school anymore.

Chai hareepun comes bakc from england mom chulee and obsawart are very happy as are the servants thinking that he could help ying wun from the grips of evil chulee. but there are wrong. chai hareepun talks to ying wun and asked her why she's no longer stundying and she told him teh truth but mom chulee denies this.

Chai is now a university lecture teaching english literature, and one of his student is a beautiful girl called Chonanee, who happenes to be his cousin. That is his mum had a younger sister called chuanchaen, who fell in love with a servant (ying wuns uncle) and ran away with him. Mom chulee despises her younger sister and brother in law to the point of hatred and wanted vegences for her family reputation and blamed her mothers death on chuanchaen, but in fact their mother died wanting to she chuanchaen for the last time, but mom chulee wouldn't allow it.
    she is truly crazy and evil

Chonanee has an older brother could chanok who just got back from studying in america and went sailing with his friend Jade and saw ying wum sitting at the dock, they asked if they could tie there boat there, but ying wum didn'y want to get in trouble from mom chulee so she ran back inside and told teh servant to come and talk to them, chanok now thinks she stuck up.

He goes back and tells his parents what happened and his mother realises its wung Ayotaya, her old home. she tells her kids the story of her past and how the scar on her back remain when she was wipped for loving a servant. she also find out that her nephew is teaching chonanee and gives her a coat that she made to give to mom chulee through chai hareepun.

chai finds out that chonanee is his cousin and takes teh coat to give to chulee. but chulee thinks that there mocking her, becaus ethey are now rich and gives her a cheap ugly caot she rips it up and sends it back to chuan chaen, who feels heartbroken and know now that her sister has never forgiven her.

all for now more later.

sorry about teh spelling i was in a rush. should've re-read it.

Hey have u guys heard that Dong Dok mae got 4 golden television awards, i think they deserved it, a truly great lakorn.

Hey, I really like Dong Dok Mae, (maybe because I like Aom Sunisa) but when Nok died, it was so sad cas she'd been waiting for Off for so long and then on their wedding day she had to die. I was crying, especially the scene when Off went to her house and found her covered in blood. But they should have had at least one more episode, so that bastard can die for murdering her! I also love the themesong for this series.

I found dom/sonya's series boring too. I have this tendecy to borrow the first tape (in Thai we get about 1 tape a week) and not watch it (unless I really like the people) and then I go next week and they give me the next tape and the next and then soon I have like 4 tapes and by then I kinda have to finish the whole series or else it would be a waste of money! Also I watch, on average, about 6 series at a time and thats not including Chinese series!

Thanks Dingnoy for your translation of Risaya, I know I'll definetely not watch it, it sound like a tearjeaking series, so no thanks. i'll just stick to Por, Au and Chompoo's lakorn, with its bad lighting and all hehehe

Ann in an ancient, martial arts series? now that will be different. I think she suits modern more cas she's half, giving her a more modern look. Tae is alright in those martial arts series, cas he looks more chinese. Also most of his series (2) his hair is long and they just leave it hanging so he just looks like he normally does. Legendary siblings 2 is alright, if you can stand to watch Taiwanese series. I thought they dragged the series on for too long and some characters were really annoying, saying useless things, which is what I find in most Taiwanese series, also in the end, it gets a bit confusing.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

thanks dingnoy. mom chulee sounds like oil's wicked mom in sosnaeha. is the n'ek strong or weak? i think i agree with sutisa; not really into these kinds of dramas. is it the 1940's style b/c i think oum looks cute in those outfits (like in aya rak)?

really, u watch 6 series at a time? that's a lot girl. i can't find anything to watch these days so i rented some chinese movies, but they weren't good either. the latest lakorns out are sailohit, botun, and another ning lakorn, all by which i have no interests in. can't stand johnny and ning used to be ok, but now don't really like her too. as for chinese, they have seed of hope and armed reaction 4 which i'm not watching either. and a bunch of taiwanese..julian, shui ling, athena... yeah so i have nothing to watch.

yeah they say useless things a lot in taiwanese series which is why i don't watch a lot of those.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

well mSsHoRtCaKe, the old Ch7 version of risaya it was Duangdow jarujinda (or oils mum in sosanaeha) who played mom chulee and was nominated for best actress but lost to mam jintara with her perfect role as mae ploy in 'si pandin'.

Actually i wish junjira jujang won best actress this year for teh golden television award coz her role in Failargfai was excellent.
    The nominations for best actress were

1. Nok jariya (dong dok mai)
    2. Junjira jujang (failargfai)
    3. Anne tongprasom (narg show)
    4. Noy bosagorn (khonlalok)
    5. Noon waranut (blad wat sutat)

I think Benz should've been nominated for her role in Tup tawarn she was good in that!!!!!!!!

Can u guys think of anyone else who should have got nominated?

Shortcake, those series you mentioned, I didn't watch any of them either!

Dingnoy, I think Um patcharapa should have been nominated for her role in Sosnaeha (I know she already won Top Awards for that role but she was really good).

Also who are the nominees for the guys?

I've seen two tapes of por's lakorn and I really like it, the storyline is interesting, the actors have improved and the scenery is beautiful. When I read the storyline I thought it was going to have more scenes in Bangkok, but most of its at the farm. I like all the character's in this series, Por - who was a bastard at the beggining, hence comes the title fai nai varyuk, Au - who looks quite weak and vulnerable but is actually really evil and hates his brother with a passion, Chompoo - what can I say, she's cute, Aon - her character is interesting cas the evil Au will start to like her, I wander what she'll have to go through. Overall interesting series.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

The male nominations are

1. soram for putanuparp

2. andrew gregson for 12 rasi

3. Tank suksit for wimarndeen

4. pngput for dongdokmae

5. tik for laord katiya

Best lakorn was dondokmae and best supporting actress was omm sagaojai for dongsdok mae.

When did the results come out?

Also what happened in Andrew and Cherrie's lakorn? Was it a happy ending? I'm still considering watching this series cas I do like the main actor/ress. I saw the preview (I haven't read the storyline) but it looks like a sad lakorn thats why I'm having second thoughts about it. It looked like Cherrie's parents don't like Andrew because his poor/something wrong with his legs. Tell me your thoughts on it.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium