Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

Default Lady Fan

Lady Fan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb2004/ladyfan/fan00.jpg')

Main Cast:
    Jessica Hsuan - Fan Lei Fa
    Joe Ma - Sit Ding San
    Kong Chi Nei - Chan Kam Ding
    Mimi Lo - Sin Tong
    Cindy Au - Sit Kam Lin
    Power Chan - Sit Ying Long
    Sek Sau - Sit Yan Kwai

Plot:
    The Tang Dynasty and Sai-Leung, a neighbouring country maintains an uneasy truce. Fan Lei Fa (Jessica Hsuan) is the daughter of Sai-Leung's General Fan, an important commander who safeguards the border between his country and the Tang Dynasty. A very able fighter and adept at sorcery, Lei Fa is told by her teacher one day that she is destined to marry a man, and together, they can bring peace between the two warring countries. Unwittingly, she finds out that her husband-to-be is actually Sit Ding San (Joe Ma), son of Sit Yan Kwai (Sek Sau), one of Tang's greatest generals and her father's archrival on the battlefield.

Hoping to advert senseless war, Lei Fa leaves home and forces Ding San to marry her and fulfill the prophecy despite the fact that Ding San is highly prejudiced against her people and a stubborn mule who refuses to admit his faults. Consequently, Lei Fa's deed seals her as an uncivilised barbarian in the eyes of the Sit family, and a domestic campaign starts up between Lei Fa and her in-laws who try every means to oust her out of the family.

Lei Fa tries hard to gain their acceptance, beginning with the help of the Tang emperor who favours her because she is the most powerful fighter and sorceress of the era. But just when things are beginning to go well for her, she encounters obstruction in the form of the vengeful Yeung siblings whose parents were killed by Sit Yan Kwai years ago in war. Brother Yeung Fan schemes to wrestle control of the Sai-Leung army from Lei Fa's father, while sister Kam Ding (Kong Chi Nei) attempts to infiltrate the Sit family to acquire military secrets.

Kam Ding soon sinks her claws further into Ding San, forcing him to marry her and works to destroy Lei Fa's hard-earned credibility in the Sit family. Finally, Yeung Fan uses sorcery to orchestrate a battle between Lei Fa and Sit Yan Kwai, leading Ding San into thinking that she has always meant him and his family harm all along. After numerous misunderstandings, Lei Fa finally gives up trying to make her marriage with Ding San work. In despair, she leaves for Sai-Leung, vowing never to return�

Credit to Arashi from spcnet.tv

-----

I'm currently watching this series right now, but the only reason why I'm watching is because Jessica is in it. I'm not a big fan of ancient series. I'm up to episode 8 now and it's not too bad except I'm getting annoyed at the Sit family for accusing Jessica all the time without a legit reason. But seeing Jessica on the screen makes up for it. =)

I'm not a big fan of ancient series either...but I think this series is pretty good so far.
    kookai_grrl

I'm currently watching this series right now, but the only reason why I'm watching is because Jessica is in it. I'm not a big fan of ancient series. I'm up to episode 8 now and it's not too bad except I'm getting annoyed at the Sit family for accusing Jessica all the time without a legit reason. But seeing Jessica on the screen makes up for it. =)
    <minor spoilers perhaps>

Don't worry.. They'll get better 1 by 1

I don't really like that actress who plays Kam Ding. I don't find her very pretty. She looks really mean too.

The themesong by Candy Lo is pretty good too. I like the music. =)

I found this series a bit of a let down. The storyline was ok.. Nothing particularly touching tho between the leads. And their chemistry wasn't really there, I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie
    I don't really like that actress who plays Kam Ding. I don't find her very pretty. She looks really mean too.

The themesong by Candy Lo is pretty good too. I like the music. =)
    Kam Ding.. I don't like her at all.. She's too "chin kak".. plus annoying..

Yup, agree on the themesong
    Last edited by arachidonic; 06-24-05 at 08:34 AM.

agree with the themesong too.
    i was very disappointed with the series. plot is weak, effects are fake. and what's more, joe ma and cherie kong (especially!) gets in my nerves everytime they appear onscreen!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i think kong chi nei is sorta pretty, but she has that look where she looks sweet, but shes actually really evil inside, her appearance suits her character. anyway, i am so annoyed how the sit family is always accusing lei fa! and i can't wait til joe ma falls in love with lei fa, because he's really annoying right now, with gam ding and everything. it's so cute when he has to go to the old guy's house to fetch lei fa back because she's mad at him. he's just like muttering "come back" and stuff.
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

i suppose this is cherrie kong's first series right? im really annoyed esp at her crying scenes.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

LOL yeah it was funny when Joe had to kneel in front of Jessica in the prison cell to show "sing yee", when it was mostly that old guy forcing him to..

But I still think it's unfair to Jessica cuz the Sit family only begs for her forgiveness whenever they need help from her.. sheesh.. and then after helping them, instead of believing her, they turn around and accuse her of trying to harm the family

i hope it has a good ending if not it would seriously be a sucky show

Quote Originally Posted by kathie
    But I still think it's unfair to Jessica cuz the Sit family only begs for her forgiveness whenever they need help from her.. sheesh.. and then after helping them, instead of believing her, they turn around and accuse her of trying to harm the family
    thats so true lol, chan kwok bong said it right, he's always like "so when you have troubles you treat my mother as 'treasure' , and when you dont have troubles you treat her as 'grass' " lol
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

here's the spoiler, dun read it if u dun wanna no

not everyone in the Sit family is an *******. The girl w/ the scar is very nice to lei hua.... after her scar is heal.

i used to hate that girl with the scar, but now she's so nice to Jessica. i actually like this show now!
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

I'm surprised that she was super nice to Jessica right after she woke up. It's like a 360 turn in her behavior. But that's a good thing.. lol.. and Joe seemed to like Jessica a bit more too, even though he's trying to deny it. =)

i used to be annoyed with the girl with the scar too. good thing she became nice afterwards
    cherrie

does Joe end up liking jessica? that guy that calls jessica "mom" really annoys me sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by xcutie
    does Joe end up liking jessica?
    He did. He was still a pain in the arse, though.
    玉木宏

blog

I agree Joe was a pain throughout the show. And his "love" for Jessica was never very convincing at any point. Why did they cast them as lovers again for some modern show again?! Sigh..

I kinda like Jessica's "son". At least he stood up for her all the time and he did say some very truthful things about how Joe and his family treated her. Plus I thot he was very open-minded(unlike some pple). He liked her but she didn't like him back and he accepted that and was willing to then support her in whatever way he can. Most people either continue to give the lovesick puppy look or refuse to have any contact with the girl or hate the girl after rejection.

his ideas are sooo funny! the hat with the spinning thing... how fun! but he's a BIT too mean to that fortune teller girl...