Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WUXIAMANIA Forum

Default WUXIAMANIA Forum

Check out the new forum I created recently. It's all pure discussion/info/translation about Wuxia.

Made it when spcnet.tv was down but shockingly it's been quite active having only been around for 2-3 weeks.

Check it out... let me what you think.

http://wuxiamania.phorumz.com
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

yes, i have gone there to take a look. simple and neat. maybe you can invite those here to come over. I think there is an active member by the nick of dimsum?

I've actually posted a few times there but only as guest.

Temujin, why did u only post the translations 1 at a time since u have all of them with u? 11 days liao, only posted 3 chapters of Sentimental Swordsman. Do u need any help in posting the translations? I have all 89 chapters of SSRS with me. I also have the full translation of Lu Xiao Feng book 1 and 2.

I'm not sure pimping another forum inside another forum of the same genre is a good idea but anyway, kidd, SSRS and LXF Book 1 and 2 are posted at www.wuxiapedia.com
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I've actually posted a few times there but only as guest.

Temujin, why did u only post the translations 1 at a time since u have all of them with u? 11 days liao, only posted 3 chapters of Sentimental Swordsman. Do u need any help in posting the translations? I have all 89 chapters of SSRS with me. I also have the full translation of Lu Xiao Feng book 1 and 2.
    That's ok, I am testing the water so far. But eventually I will post everything there

I will contact you if I need help. Maybe I'm gonna need your help soon.
    Most people can read the translation in spcnet.tv and wuxiaworld.org already... ohhh.. yes ... and also in Candide's Wuxiapedia.com, which is a great website
    Last edited by Temujin; 06-23-05 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I'm not sure pimping another forum inside another forum of the same genre is a good idea but anyway, kidd, SSRS and LXF Book 1 and 2 are posted at www.wuxiapedia.com
    Well.... I'm just providing another alternative other than spcnet.tv and wuxiaworld.org, which are NOT pure Wuxia forums.

The focus of Wuxiamania should be just pure Wuxia with no posting on tear-jerking Korean/Taiwanese/Chinese/Thai dramas or stories, no gossips, basically NO NON-WUXIA discussion ALLOWED.

This forum (if continues to do well) should be a great complements to this already establish spcnet.tv forum, your new Wuxiapedia.com website, the old Wuxia discussion forum, and wuxiaworld.org

Just trying to popularize Wuxia here
    Last edited by Temujin; 06-23-05 at 02:04 AM.

I recommend that you turn off guest posting. I've seen problems with guest posting before and I don't see a point in guest posting. It doesn't take long to fill out a form (and if someone is so lazy as to not want to fill out the registration, I doubt (s)he will post a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Well.... I'm just providing another alternative other than spcnet.tv and wuxiaworld.org, which are NOT pure Wuxia forums.

The focus of Wuxiamania should be just pure Wuxia with no posting on tear-jerking Korean/Taiwanese/Chinese/Thai dramas or stories, no gossips, basically NO NON-WUXIA discussion ALLOWED.

This forum (if continues to do well) should be a great complements to this already establish spcnet.tv forum, your new Wuxiapedia.com website, the old Wuxia discussion forum, and wuxiaworld.org

Just trying to popularize Wuxia here
    Yeah I realise that as well, just that usually it's considered a common netiquette to ask for a forum admin permission to pimp a forum that has something in common (because spcnet.tv earns income from ads, which relies on its user base). Anyway, sorry if I come across as lecturing... I'm sure your forum will serve as a great place to the wuxia community. Check your PM, I have a message for you.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Yeah I realise that as well, just that usually it's considered a common netiquette to ask for a forum admin permission to pimp a forum that has something in common (because spcnet.tv earns income from ads, which relies on its user base). Anyway, sorry if I come across as lecturing... I'm sure your forum will serve as a great place to the wuxia community. Check your PM, I have a message for you.
    That's a good point, maybe I should pm spc webmaster. Hopefully, she doesn't mind...

btw, I just replied to your pm

nice job! very simple

reviving this thread to inform all interested parties that wuxiamania is moving over to wuxiasociety.org. launch will be announced by temujin soon.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

Oh, Temujin, you made it? Wow...I love that forum, it has so much info/pics on it.... Good job!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by mawguy
    reviving this thread to inform all interested parties that wuxiamania is moving over to wuxiasociety.org. launch will be announced by temujin soon.
    Can you pls update me on the recent wuxia translations that are found on wuxiamania only?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hmm moving? Is that why it seems to be forever down recently?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

That explains everything. For a while I thought Wuxia Mania was gone for good and I totally love that forum.

Just in case you all don't know, people, Wuxiamania is our alternate gathering site should SPCNET go down (Damo forbid). As soon as it's back up, bookmark it if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Just in case you all don't know, people, Wuxiamania is our alternate gathering site should SPCNET go down (Damo forbid). As soon as it's back up, bookmark it if you haven't already.
    well thats something new for me, thanks
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Can you pls update me on the recent wuxia translations that are found on wuxiamania only?

Han Solo
    they'll be on the new site once it's launched. temujin is working on getting it setup as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Hmm moving? Is that why it seems to be forever down recently?
    yes, that's why. we were all worried as well -- good thing that some of the information was saved before we got shut down.

and to dagger lee: thanks for the concern! the forum is only moving, though we have lost stuff because we weren't given any warning that the server is being sold.

Looks great.

Temujin said the forum should be up soon.
    Last edited by chickenfeet; 03-05-07 at 01:49 PM.