Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Initial D

Been watching some epi of the anime ... the character that Edison Chan is portraying is supposed to be someone who's really cool, composed and smart isn't he? Edison Chan is cute looking but dun think he fits the bill of Ryosuke...
    Jay Chou isn't portraying an accurate depiction of Takumi as well... the Takumi portrayed in the movie is... very Jay Chou not Takumi hahaha.....
    Shawn Yu's supposed to b Edison Chan's brother rite.. but why do i feel that Shawn Yu looks older than Edison Chan??!! Plus the Keisuke in the anime looked more rash and wilful compared to a laid back Keisuke that Shawn Yu portrayed.

Well if one doesn't draw comparisons to the anime then one may find the movie very entertaining and enjoyable... but it's prob disappointing for those Initial D fans to see the personalities of certain key character being changed. ...

Shawn Yue plays Takeshi Nakazato who appears early on in First Stage. he's the one who explicity doesn't believe in drifting.

Keisuke isn't even in the live action movie. alot of people have said that Edison Chen would be a better choice for Keisuke Takahashi.

I'm dying to see this heard a lot of mixed reviews, some say it's the worst movie they've watched and some say it's the best movie they've watched so I must see it for myself to judge!
    School of Zhao Wei - the ultimate English resource for Vicki Zhao

If you ignore the acting from Jay, Edison, Shawn and forget about the anime, this movie will be an enjoyable one. Just don't have have high expectations and you'll be fine
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Haha, ignore the acting from Shawn, Edison and Jay? Its kinda hard to ignore Jay's acting when he is the lead. Although his acting is pretty bad IMO, it is still bearable, cause instead of being over the top, he is just being himself. Meaning - talk very little and expressionless most of the time.

I agree that you can't watch the show with too much expectation, just take it as a fun ride (no pun intended) and you are bound to enjoy yourself. Besides there are some great acting from Chapman To (as Itsuki) and Anthony Wong (Jay's dad), they are a joy to watch, and they added much laughter to the movie.

Yep, Chapman and Anthony are the highlight of the whole movie!!

Must admit, Jay's acting isn't THAT bad. But watching him onscreen kinda makes me forget that I'm watching a movie, instead it feels like watching one of his MV

So, in order to enjoy the movie to the max, I just ignored Jay's acting all together.
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Quote Originally Posted by annaij7211
    Yep, Chapman and Anthony are the highlight of the whole movie!!

Must admit, Jay's acting isn't THAT bad. But watching him onscreen kinda makes me forget that I'm watching a movie, instead it feels like watching one of his MV

So, in order to enjoy the movie to the max, I just ignored Jay's acting all together.
    Talking about watching an MV... the starting of the show feels very much like an extended music video. There were alot of sleek camera angles, sweeping shots and background music and there wasn't much going on.

The soundtrack is pretty good, as expected, since it is from Jay, can't wait for the OST to come out. Seems like Jay has perfected the art of mumbling, I can't figure out a 99% of what he was trying to rap/sing/chant in the theme song for Initial D. The only word I could catch was 'piao', which means drifting.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    The soundtrack is pretty good, as expected, since it is from Jay, can't wait for the OST to come out. Seems like Jay has perfected the art of mumbling, I can't figure out a 99% of what he was trying to rap/sing/chant in the theme song for Initial D. The only word I could catch was 'piao', which means drifting.
    Hahaha.... I liked the way u put it.. but muz admit the music in this movie sounds good.

Oh! Shawn Yu wasn't protraying Keisuke?? Haha.... Guess I should have just shut up huh... Edison Chan making a good Keisuke .. hmmm.... can't really imagine . He looks good as Ryosuke in the looks dept but doesn't have the mannerism of Ryosuke. How abt Daniel Wu as Ryosuke and Edison Chan as Keisuke hmmm... sounds like a good picture!!!

The movie was ok... action sequences weren't really good though. Nothing special was done, just cars racing down the mountain.

The best aspect of the movie is the soundtrack. It was great

but no eurobeat!!!
    how dare they!!!!

i hate that lame Fast and Furious wannabe rap theme

prefer to have initial d eurobeat theme in the movie

I thought the soundtrack was pretty good actually , and I like the theme song too . But I am bias though, I am a huge fan of Jay's music (not his acting). Eurobeat and Jay doesn't seem to go together...

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

........delete this.................
    Last edited by shanghai girls are hot; 07-10-05 at 11:33 PM.

Cool Initial D rocks!!!

Ijust watched initial D a few dayz ago and it rocks!!!! Jay was kinda shaky wif his cantonese but da racing parts were da best !!! Edidon and Shawn were great too.... Jordan had a kinda small roll only though.... and jay's friend, da one hu's dad owns da gas station... he's name is chapman to if i'm not mistaken... was really funny......

Newayz... Does ne one have da soundtrack or da songs jay sings in this movie??? Can u guyz please gimme da link?? If u guyz hvae streamload, can u please send it to my acc?? My streamlaod ID ss KKVL

thx in advanced !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yuenwooping
    if the Japanese were to make a Initial D movie

i wonder how many will know about this film and watch it.....we gonna get unknown Japs actors..which we will dun give a f

so, the best, a HK Initial D....
    Contrary to your ignorant belief, unknown actors are better than known ones, and a Japanese Version of Initial D would topple the HK version for several reasons.

1. It's a Japanese Manga
    2. Sounds so much better in Japanese (espescially the humor Itsuki brings)
    3. All the racing scenes from the Manga are real life places in Japan.
    4. It's a Japanese Manga

and 5...

5. It's a Japanese freaking Manga

And I doubt we'll make the mistake of casting these "known" good looking actors with no talent whatsoever. Some of the roles were horribly filled, Edison as Ryousuke? what a mismatch.

Default hey??

i wonder wen it is coming out on dvd?? i just seen the preview and daymn!!! i hella wanted to see it now specially jordan chan is ther!!! wooooooooo

i know initial D is a freaking JAPANESE MANGA
    but if they wanted to make a real-live action out of it, they will have done it long ago.....

there are many Japanese real-live action movies (from manga)..but too bad they are not popular or crappy. and they will not be publish/distribute to the cinema world for ppl to watch

i still prefer a HK Initial D movie...

Quote Originally Posted by machiavelli
    Contrary to your ignorant belief, unknown actors are better than known ones, and a Japanese Version of Initial D would topple the HK version for several reasons.

1. It's a Japanese Manga
    4. It's a Japanese Manga

and 5...

And I doubt we'll make the mistake of casting these "known" good looking actors with no talent whatsoever. Some of the roles were horribly filled, Edison as Ryousuke? what a mismatch.

Quote Originally Posted by machiavelli
    1. It's a Japanese Manga
    4. It's a Japanese Manga

and 5...

Ugh duh, any other better reason than It's a Japanese freaking Manga? Maybe the jokes will sound better in Japanese, but hola~ that would mean majority of us non-Japanese would not understand WTF the characters are trying to say and depend on the subtitles anyway. So what's your point?

See, those good looking crappy actors are able to draw the (huge) crowds to a somewhat mediocore show, even if the roles were filled by excellent Japanese actors who perfectly fitted the role, the movie probably wouldn't make half as much the HK Initial D.

Hey guys.. anyone of u know the title to the ending theme of the anime 2nd Stage?

I just watched this movie and got a few things from it:

1)women have little place in racing films

2)zhou jielun has small, beady eyes

3)if u replace him with a block of wood in this movie, there won't be a noticeable drop in acting talent

4)its easy to make street car racing look cool and fun instead of a risky, fossil-fuel-wasting, people-endangering, meaningless hobby.