Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Initial D

Default Initial D

Has anyone caught this ?

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

isn't only opening in singapore and hk right now?

i wanna see

trailer
    http://timbo.funkdis.com/misc_vid/kashira.wmv
    Last edited by shanghai girls are hot; 06-23-05 at 01:46 PM.

Yes tht's right wanted to catch it last nite but couldn't get the good seats ,.... so was wondering if anyone has already caught it...

i'd like to add that Edison is not exactly "intelligent" looking.. lol, he doesn't quite fit Ryousuke's calm calculating image IMO, maybe his acting will prove me wrong. others judging from their appearance but not acting since haven't seen it, Shawn's character isn't suppose to be all happy-go lucky type, more of hot tempered, mentally disturbed.. the only thing Jay and Takumi have in common is how they're quiet and spaced out and focus on one thing, appearance-wise Jay's don't look good.. Anthony Wong is a great actor and a great performance is expected but wtf were they thinking with his bandana and looking like harley davidson biker haha, i think the guy is suppose to be a business owner (well tofu shop) and is mature looking.. i think Chapman To and Jordan fit their characters well, the comical, loudmouth buddy of Takumi and da cool gangsta type which Jordan is used to playing, one of best drivers in the series.

i watched this today its so DAMN GOOD quite funny at parts love the chemistry btw the actors esp the older ones like Anthony Wong and Kenny B~!!
    ~yOu aRe my sUnshiNe my oNly sUnshIne
    yOu mAke mE haPpy wHeN sKieS aRe gReY
    yOu nEvEr kNoW jUsT hOw mUcH i LoVe yOu
    pLeaSe dOn'T takE my sUnshInE aWay~
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

I watched it today! Not too bad pretty enjoyable! Jordan Chan as usual as cool as ever but too bad his role is too small, too little screentime. Anthony Wong, needless to say, good and convincing as a typical drunkard father. Surprised to see Ah Bee in this movie as well!
    I've nv actually read the comic , nv watched the anime... so for those who are ardent fans of this comic and anime how would u compare this ? How close did they follow to the anime and comic?

Is it in Mandarin?
    If it is.. I hope there're no dubs.. dubs are the worst thing that could happen to movies/series/whatever.. thats imo.

Anyone tellin' me?

The one that's showing in Singapore is in Mandarin... BTW..
    how many epis r there in the anime of Initial D Vol 1 and Vol 2?

yep, I saw this movie yesterday and it's sooooooooooooooo goooooood!!!!!!!!

anthony and chapman totally steal the limelight from Jay, they are halirious!!! But, as a newcomer into the acting business, Jay's not bad.........some of his expressions are kinda convincing. The biggest disappointment for me is Edison's character, he doens't really have much to fully develop his character.

Jay speaks cantonese in the movie........his accent is........pretty.......horrible

the car racing scenes are by far the most exciting part of the movie, I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time!
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Quote Originally Posted by Zech
    The one that's showing in Singapore is in Mandarin... BTW..
    how many epis r there in the anime of Initial D Vol 1 and Vol 2?
    First Stage - 26
    Second Stage - 13
    Third Stage - movie
    Extra Stage - side story
    Battle Stage - recap of battles
    Fourth Stage - 16 so far

So this movie is based on which stage???

Edison and Anthony's poor attitude at the press conference in singapore quite the rage here curently.

I haven't watch the movie yet... will do so tomorrow, then I'll give my two cents worth.

Edison & Anthony's bad attitude quite the rage ?? More like pissing everybody off and asking for the media to report badly about them. The report in the newspapers totally screw Edison over his bad attitude... noticed that he tried to rectify the problem by hamming it up for the fans and press during the actual premier for the movie itself. Hah! What is done is already done, no amount of smiling for the cameras and explanation can change the fact that he was being a complete a-hole for the wrong reasons during the press conference.

pls dun beat me up... this show really sucks whether u are an initial d fan or a racing fan. i guess those who never watch initial d anime will find it good.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

watched this movie......enjoyable & interesting! anthony wong and chapman to rocks!

check out the live press conference clip @ Malaysia, trailer, making of
    http://www.sensasian.com/cgi-bin/sen...N/catalog/1053

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I haven't watch the movie yet... will do so tomorrow, then I'll give my two cents worth.

Edison & Anthony's bad attitude quite the rage ?? More like pissing everybody off and asking for the media to report badly about them. The report in the newspapers totally screw Edison over his bad attitude... noticed that he tried to rectify the problem by hamming it up for the fans and press during the actual premier for the movie itself. Hah! What is done is already done, no amount of smiling for the cameras and explanation can change the fact that he was being a complete a-hole for the wrong reasons during the press conference.
    I've heard quite a bit how Edison Chan's behaviour at the press conference but dun really know the details. All I know was that he looked very distracted and unhappy. Anthony W has always been known to be an eccentric person so not so surprising to hear that neg publicity of him. For curiousity sake, what exactly happened at the press?

i found the movie REEEEEAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY GGOOOOOODDD!!!! omg... i was only expecting it to me good action wise... but it was really funny as well.. and jay chou can actually act surprisingly well... edisons character was portrayed pretty good and needless to say... chapman and anthony's performances were the best...the were really convincing.... lols... must see the movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zech
    I've heard quite a bit how Edison Chan's behaviour at the press conference but dun really know the details. All I know was that he looked very distracted and unhappy. Anthony W has always been known to be an eccentric person so not so surprising to hear that neg publicity of him. For curiousity sake, what exactly happened at the press?
    He looked distracted?? More like uninterested and bored with the whole conference.

Edit:

I just watched Initial D... Hmm, I thinks it is an alright movie, with quite a bit of humour thrown in, excellent performance from both Chapman To and Anthony Wong, they are really the highlights of the show. Edison and Shawn pretty much did what they are good at, stand around and looking cool. Jay's acting was... well, let's just say he should stick to creating music

The racing scenes were pretty exciting actually, although the scenes with the feet slamming down on the pedal became annoying after like the third time they show it. I love the way they show the drifting parts, how they screeched around the corners at amazingly high speeds.

Overall, it is a pretty good watch, considering that it is a show not meant to be taken seriously. I went into the cinemas not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed myself.
    Last edited by beansprouts; 06-28-05 at 10:58 AM.

guys, why no one has mentioned anything about the jp girl in the movie?

was she so inconsequential?

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    guys, why no one has mentioned anything about the jp girl in the movie?

was she so inconsequential?
    Yeah, she's pretty much a character in the background to me. The scenes between her and Jay's character feels like fanservice to me. And she wasn't a particularly good actress either, paired with Jay, who ain't a good actor, it was rather painful watching the two of them. The chemistry between them was quite lacking. And besides, with those amazing car racing sequencse, who cares about that chick?