Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Initial D

Quote Originally Posted by tinlunlau
    ping pong was popular (yeah...sam lee was in it too), casshern, ichi the killer, cromartie baseball, and the upcoming Saikano movie....

need i say more?
    And did any of them make is as big as Inital D?

Chapman To was really really funny, so was Anthony Wong, without them the movie would probably be a total bore. Jay's music is good as usual. But the rest of the cast, meaning Edison Chen and Shawn Yue are really like decorations and nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts

Chapman To was really really funny, so was Anthony Wong, without them the movie would probably be a total bore. Jay's music is good as usual. But the rest of the cast, meaning Edison Chen and Shawn Yue are really like decorations and nothing much.
    yes, Ping Pong was a huge hit at the time of its theatrical release.

Ping Pong was pretty popular, but it was nowhere near Initial D's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts

actually i tink it was becos the role didnt allow them to do much too...except perhaps to drive..in fact i daresay that if jay had been given a role that wasnt so diao..he prob wld have been able to exercise more of his acting chops ;0)
    and i agree i absolutely adore anthony wong in this show...COOL~!
    ~yOu aRe my sUnshiNe my oNly sUnshIne
    yOu mAke mE haPpy wHeN sKieS aRe gReY
    yOu nEvEr kNoW jUsT hOw mUcH i LoVe yOu
    pLeaSe dOn'T takE my sUnshInE aWay~
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

Lol.. might be a little late.. but I just finished this movie yesterday. Chapman To and Anthony Wong is really funny.. I loved the last part when he acted.. drunk.. Jay Chou is... ok.. for a newbie..

Btw.. Edison's really cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by nauti_ger
    actually i tink it was becos the role didnt allow them to do much too...except perhaps to drive..in fact i daresay that if jay had been given a role that wasnt so diao..he prob wld have been able to exercise more of his acting chops ;0)
    and i agree i absolutely adore anthony wong in this show...COOL~!
    I have to agree with you, nauti_ger. There just isn't much in this movie to really judge how good or bad Jay's acting is. But I wasn't surprised at how shy Jay was in the movie. Did anybody count the times Jay really look at the camera or into another's eyes for that matter? *LOL*

I haven't watched "Initial D" the anime or read the manga yet, so I can't really compare the actors to the original characters of the manga. But I guess all the other actors did a fairly good job in here. Anthony Wong was good at his portrayal as a drunkard father but I did not enjoy his comical sides as much. I think the script was to blame. Chapman To however, stole everybody's light! I totally enjoyed his acting here. But damn, Edison was so damn cute!

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zech
    Ok I know this is the wrong thread to b posting this question but doubt I'd get any response in the other board... So to those who had watched the 3rd Stage on anime.. can anyone tell me what Keisuke meant by Ryosuke only had a one year time limit to fulfil his dream of forming the fastest racing team on Gunma arena?? I recall somewhere in 2nd/4th stage whereby Ryosuke also made that remark too...
    And what do you think the "D" stands for in the 4th stage... drifting?death? haha... I thought Ryosuke was beaten by Takumi in the first stage already... why did Takumi want to race Ryosuke again in the 3rd stage? Wasn't the winner already declared??
    i think Ryousuke going to med school or something lol. D i think suppose to mean many things drift, drive, etc. Takumi wanted to race against Ryousuke so he can find out if he wanted to be in Project D or not, he needed to find purpose and justify his love for racing.

the movie could've been better. there was a lot of people they didnt put in that was in the anime/manga. and i loved the songs from the movie. i've been searching for them in stores but couldnt find the soundtrack and no luck online either. if anyone has the songs from the soundtrack can you please PM me or something? thanks
    .+ IVVI +.

intial D vcd and dvd are out in singapore already @ 13.90 and 23.90 respectively..the vcd version has 4 magnets with jay, jordan, shaun and edison on them quite small half palm size each...COOL
    anyway here is the link for the OST for initial D mind u this does not contain songs sung by jay chou...i hope u guys can read chinese cos the websites in chinese..currently am not free to translate it so i'll prob haf to wait a while..but if anyone else can help to traslate do help kk~!!

http://music.freemu.com/MusicList/5755cnc.htm
    Last edited by nauti_ger; 08-29-05 at 09:16 AM.
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

thnks so much~
    and im aware that the OST doesnt have all jay songs but the songs are still good
    .+ IVVI +.

Quote Originally Posted by tvbaddict
    thnks so much~
    and im aware that the OST doesnt have all jay songs but the songs are still good
    yup the songs were nice...i agree~!
    if u want to get jay's songs from the movie, they are in his latest album November's Chopin~!
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋