Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [SERIES]Prince Turned to Frog [Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa], Ming Dao, Joe Chen, Sam Wang, J

Haha.. Ur liking of modern series shall changed after watching this le bah? Haha..
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Well, I have to admit that I still don't like modern series in general. However, there are some in particular that I like(there are some exceptions like this series). But I still love ancient series in general more though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Well, I have to admit that I still don't like modern series in general. However, there are some in particular that I like(there are some exceptions like this series). But I still love ancient series in general more though.
    Korea has been making some pretty good modern ones lately.

And yes, I was surprised that this series is actually pretty good. Nothing much that I can complain about. I still didn't quite like the other Taiwanses series, but the ones that 183 Club made are pretty interesting and captivating.

Has anyone in this thread watched Mars or Devil Beside You? How are they compared to Frog Prince? I heard they're good, but Devil Beside You doesn't really seemed that interesting.

I guess this one sets the bar for the next Taiwanese series that I intend to watch.

I don't like Legend of the Star Apple. The female lead doesn't go too well with Ming Dao.

I watched Mars before, but not Devil Beside You. I like The prince better though. Mars is very unique in a dark way, which is good. But i found The Prince's fairy tale like storyline better. Mars was draggy in some parts.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

I didnt like Devil beside you, Mars was okay, it wasn't too great. Most taiwanese idol dramas aren't very watchable, but besides this one, I like Silence and It started with a Kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I didnt like Devil beside you, Mars was okay, it wasn't too great. Most taiwanese idol dramas aren't very watchable, but besides this one, I like Silence and It started with a Kiss.
    Actually at first i only like series produced by SETTV!! But after watching Devil Beside You, it's not bad, funny and cute show. Then I went on to watch Silence!! Silence should be the only non-settv series that I like bah..
    But afterall, I still prefer series by settv.. haha..
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

I read in a review that ZiQian falls for Tian Yu. I don't understand how ZiQian could fall for TianYu too, wasn't he always in love with YunXi?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just finished 10 episodes, its quite addicting! Ming Dao is so good, I think he acts quite convincingly, I can see why he gets the lead role in both series that 183 club featured in, he's a better actor than his friends. I like his hairstyle here than in Magicians of Love. He's got a nice smile.

I hate Fan YunXi! She gets on my nerves like a nasty bee sting! Grr. She doesn't know how to appreciate ZiQian's love for her. All she knows is JunHao. She doesn't get that he never loved her the way she loved him. Such an idiot! I hate the part where she found out JunHao's alive and she doesn't care about hurting ZiQian and slapped him! The nerve! She's a useless woman! I have no sympathy or pity for her. She always thinks the worst of ZiQian and I think she knew ZQ loves her and she enjoyed toying both guys in her hands and hated the fact that JH fell for TY.

The nerve of her slapping Tian Yu too! She just so unreasonable and I wish she gets slapped as many times she slaps people! Get the taste of her own medicine!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-10-06 at 01:51 AM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I read in a review that ZiQian falls for Tian Yu. I don't understand how ZiQian could fall for TianYu too, wasn't he always in love with YunXi?
    I guess just like TY wanting to forget Dang-Ou, probably ZQ wants to do it to get over Yunxi. Remember how they agree that after how many months (i can't remember) if they can't find real love, then both of them will go dating. Anyway, ZQ is with a personality that doesn't want to "fight" with JH over Yunxi, so he just let it go.

Love this series
    I have to buy a copy for my own.
    Dang-Ou is so charming/handsome....my dream prince!
    This series is totally two thumb up for me

To Suet Seung,
    I am glad that you are enjoying this series! I just rewatched this series again last night. I like his hair in this series too. I saw some pix of his hair in Magicians of love and it looked ok. He looked different to me that I almost did not recognize him.
    I thought that I was the only that hated Fan Yun Xi. At first, I sort of felt sorry for her, but she became more and more annoying that I wanted to slap her so many times!! I am glad that Jun's Hao mom finally slapped her and allowed Jun Hao to be with Tian Yu.

The copy that I have has some scenes missing. I also heard that was an alternate ending to this series, but it is a really sad one. I saw it in an MY. It is the ending where Jun Hao dies of cancer. Gosh, so sad... Thank goodness they didn't use that ending....

TO Nefartari.
    Well, like I said, I don't really like all modern series in general. There are just some in particular that I like. I am still shocked that I can like a modern series this much since I have never liked one before. I have seen a number of Korean series and didn't really like any of them... If a series is good than it is, so I never classify a series based on which company or country it is from.
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-10-06 at 05:41 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i dun really watch this sereis as that time i'm in hostel but i think is enjoyable... xiao qiao's character is really annoying... ming dao is so cute in this series...

Quote Originally Posted by Leen_zhihai
    i dun really watch this sereis as that time i'm in hostel but i think is enjoyable... xiao qiao's character is really annoying... ming dao is so cute in this series...
    Like you and Trinie, I don't take to her character very well in that I can't imagine any adult being that spiteful, jealous and selfish although she's supposed to be well-bred. She feels like the sort of person who doesn't have a heart. Though Junhao is very cold, he has principles and some admirable traits about him. For Yunxi I can't see anything special in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    Like you and Trinie, I don't take to her character very well in that I can't imagine any adult being that spiteful, jealous and selfish although she's supposed to be well-bred. She feels like the sort of person who doesn't have a heart. Though Junhao is very cold, he has principles and some admirable traits about him. For Yunxi I can't see anything special in her.
    Exactly! I truly hate YunXi and I hate the way she thinks she's got the right to slap people around and make them feel worse than she feels. I would think since she was orphaned or abandoned whatever, she'd be more kind and understanding instead of being such a freaking brat. When she thought JunHao was dead or missing, She just used ZiQian as a life perserver and really didn't care for him at all. She was the first person to think badly of ZiQian when all this time he put her best interest at heart. She doesn't know how to love. She just wants to marry JunHao because she wants to belong to a family that she doesn't have. So JunHao's mom slaps YunXi later on, I just can't wait to see that happen!

edit: I meant his mom not him, Haha I was in a hurry.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-12-06 at 12:03 AM.

I think his mom slapped her...but I liked that part too. For some reason, i don't really hate her that much. She has like, a realistic character. A mean one, but real. She fights for what she wants, although it may not be the right way. Since she was younger, people have been telling her she is Jun Hao's future wife, she was brought up that way. I think that when she knows Jun Hao doesn't want to marry her, she doesn't know why people keep saying they should get married, especially his mom. It's like a rule to her. She always thought she loves Jun Hao, but she doesn't, so she doesn't really know what love is.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    I think that when she knows Jun Hao doesn't want to marry her, she doesn't know why people keep saying they should get married, especially his mom. It's like a rule to her. She always thought she loves Jun Hao, but she doesn't, so she doesn't really know what love is.
    Wow, that was a deep one. You seem to analyze the character pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    I think his mom slapped her...but I liked that part too. For some reason, i don't really hate her that much. She has like, a realistic character. A mean one, but real. She fights for what she wants, although it may not be the right way. Since she was younger, people have been telling her she is Jun Hao's future wife, she was brought up that way. I think that when she knows Jun Hao doesn't want to marry her, she doesn't know why people keep saying they should get married, especially his mom. It's like a rule to her. She always thought she loves Jun Hao, but she doesn't, so she doesn't really know what love is.
    That still doesn't justify what her actions as being reasonable and right. And I refuse to sympathize with her.

OMG! YunXi was the one who told TianYu to take the handwritten documents and get it shredded. She didn't even live up to her own mistakes and instead she made it out like Tianyu took it and purposely shredded it! Biatch!

Despite YunXi's tragic problems, I do not find her actions justifyable at all!

man.... you watch this with lots of emotions. I sometimes watch series with emotions too like Chinese Paladin. However for this one, I was just watching it purely relaxed and for entertainment.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    man.... you watch this with lots of emotions. I sometimes watch series with emotions too like Chinese Paladin. However for this one, I was just watching it purely relaxed and for entertainment.
    Heheh....Well of course I watch it for the comedy and romance as entertainment but can't I help it if I get irritated and annoyed by certain characters that reflect the kind of people I hate most.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-12-06 at 03:37 AM.