Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [SERIES]Prince Turned to Frog [Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa], Ming Dao, Joe Chen, Sam Wang, J

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    of course there's ming dao and shao wei as the two main lead.

the third member played tianyu's high school friend's boyfriend, the next is the guy who played ming dao's assistant (the one who got kidnapped by mistake and held in guanmei until ming dao arrives), and the last is the one who played the nasty reporter that got punched by ming dao.

i also didn't know about them until this drama.
    In case you wanna know every1's names:

Mathew Lin MingDao: Main character aka Dang O aka Ethan Shan Jun Hao
    Sam Wang Shaowei: Xu Zi Qian
    Ehlo Huang YuRong: David the assistant
    Jacky Zhu FanGang: Michael aka Ye Tian Yu's high school crush
    Johnny Yan XingShu: reporter (I don't think he was nasty at all, but actually quite shuai/hansome)
    Last edited by MysticDust; 03-02-07 at 03:42 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    In case you wanna know every1's names:

Mathew Lin MingDao: Main character aka Dang O aka Ethan Shan Jun Hao
    Sam Wang Shaowei: Xu Zi Qian
    Ehlo Huang YuRong: assistant
    Jacky Zhu FanGang: Michael aka Ye Tian Yu's high school crush
    Johnny Yan XingShu: reporter (I don't think he was nasty at all, but actually quite shuai/hansome)
    Thanks!

Does the reporter have a big part? I don't even remember seeing him.
    What about 7 flowers? Is it only the two of them who are in the drama? Where are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    Thanks!

Does the reporter have a big part? I don't even remember seeing him.
    What about 7 flowers? Is it only the two of them who are in the drama? Where are the other two?
    Yes.. the reporter only show in a little bit of the series.. 7 Flowers have 4 members and 2 are in "The Prince Who Turn Into A Frog" 1 played Tianye and the other one played Fanyunxi.. Although they seem to hate each other in the series.. they really liked each other in reality.. Another member of the 7 Flowers played in "Magicians Of Love" She played "TongTong" you know XiaoBei best friend.. and the other played in "Legend of Star Apple" she played "ShaSha" RuiRui best friend.. so to be true, Ming Dao have actually acted in roles with all of these girls in 7 Flowers...
    Last edited by LuvJoJo; 03-02-07 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo
    Yes.. the reporter only show in a little bit of the series.. 7 Flowers have 4 members and 2 are in "The Prince Who Turn Into A Frog" 1 played Tianye and the other one played Fanyunxi.. Although they seem to hate each other in the series.. they really liked each other in reality.. Another member of the 7 Flowers played in "Magicians Of Love" She played "TongTong" you know XiaoBei best friend.. and the other played in "Legend of Star Apple" she played "ShaSha" RuiRui best friend.. so to be true, Ming Dao have actually acted in roles with all of these girls in 7 Flowers...
    yes, xingshu's role was really small. I know for sure he showed up in the mid-begining of episode 18 (he was sitting on a big office chair and looked evilly shuai; not his first appearance in here, but it was my fav part w/ him) as he talks to Gino of K-one (the VP of Senwell).

As for 7 flowers, their names are as follows:
    Tianye was played by Chen Qiao En
    FunYunXi was played by Xiao Qiao
    TongTong was played by Xiao Jie (Magician of Love)
    ShaSha was played by Wei Ru (Legend of the Star Apple)

(7flowers used to have a fifth member but she left a while back)
    Last edited by MysticDust; 03-02-07 at 11:56 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    maybe cause i have no idea who's who before i started watching this drama, i thought he (the reporter) was rude and acted nasty. i was so glad when junhao didn't back down and punched him in the face.

right when he arrived and didn't shake junhao's hand, to his attitude before and during his stay in the suite to how he make a rackus, and his threat to junhao during the supposed interview, he was nasty. to me anyway. long run on sentence.

:EDIT 3/5/2007:

Does anyone have the PMP Entertainment version of this series (5 discs)?? If so, how's the English subtitles on that version? I know the Taiwai and China have pretty horrible English subs. Supposedly PMP's subs are much better but I'll like to know first. Thanks.
    Last edited by shellie; 03-05-07 at 06:36 PM.
    ---------
    Shellie

To elledubs,
    hey mei mei! Glad to see you here... VERY sorry to not respond for so long. It's a long story that I will tell you about later... Anyway, are you watching this series??? I really hope that you are enjoying it. I really did and I must say, it is the first modern series that I have ever liked in my whole life. I have always liked ancient series only.
    Are you starting to like 183 Club too?? I have became a VERY big fan of them. I knew about them because of this series too. By the way, YU Rong(the one that plays Li Da Wei, Shan Jun Hao's assistant in this series) is also in Jimmy's newest series, Fang Yang De Xing Xing as a cameo role. Yea, this series is the only one that all 5 of the 183 members are in together. Johnny played that rude reporter. Xie Qun. He got punched by Ming Dao(he played Shan Jun Hao). No, Johnny doesn't have a big part. He is more of a cameo. Jacky was also a cameo.Ming Dao and Shao Wei were the leads. Yu Rong was a supporting character.
    About the 7 Flowers, only Joe Chen(she was on a cooking show with Jimmy) and Joyce were in here. The other 2 members weren't. 7 Flowers used to have 7 members but I heard that 2 of them left and the other member got kicked out.

Hope you are enjoying the series and talk to you later!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    To elledubs,
    hey mei mei! Glad to see you here... VERY sorry to not respond for so long. It's a long story that I will tell you about later... Anyway, are you watching this series??? I really hope that you are enjoying it. I really did and I must say, it is the first modern series that I have ever liked in my whole life. I have always liked ancient series only.
    Are you starting to like 183 Club too?? I have became a VERY big fan of them. I knew about them because of this series too. By the way, YU Rong(the one that plays Li Da Wei, Shan Jun Hao's assistant in this series) is also in Jimmy's newest series, Fang Yang De Xing Xing as a cameo role. Yea, this series is the only one that all 5 of the 183 members are in together. Johnny played that rude reporter. Xie Qun. He got punched by Ming Dao(he played Shan Jun Hao). No, Johnny doesn't have a big part. He is more of a cameo. Jacky was also a cameo.Ming Dao and Shao Wei were the leads. Yu Rong was a supporting character.
    About the 7 Flowers, only Joe Chen(she was on a cooking show with Jimmy) and Joyce were in here. The other 2 members weren't. 7 Flowers used to have 7 members but I heard that 2 of them left and the other member got kicked out.

Hope you are enjoying the series and talk to you later!!
    Hey Jie!

No probs about emailing... as long as you're doing good. Just email whenever.. would be great to hear from you again!

See, the series you've told me to watch I've been watching! haha, I finished TWFX after you recommended it and now I'm on Frog Prince! I'm on episode 23 or something like that. I really like it! I'm not really sure now which I like better, this or It started with a kiss. Cuz I really fell in love with TW modern series again after ISWAK! (I realy REALLY recommend this series to you.. it's comparable to Frog! and Ariel is awesome as always!)

I've just started looking into 183 club. Not for sure if I like them yet though they're pretty good in the series. Johnny (the one who plays Michael I think) is from Canada though! yay! haha But I must say I'm very impressed with MD and QE's acting. Both have very great talent!

I think Joyce is super pretty but her acting was only mediocre in Frog (so far anyway). I don't know if I wanna finish this series though because I don't know what I'll watch after! hahaha

PS- I'm almost done Bie Ai Wo too, it's ok.. not that great of a storyline.
    PPS- Remind me to tell you something about MD when I reply to your email. haha

I read somewhere that MD is actually a bit arrogant.. is this true from his interviews??

Hey Mei Mei!
    Thanks for understanding. Part of the reason is because I don't really check the other account much. I need to give you my other address that I do check. Anyway, I will be responding to you soon....
    Glad to know that you enjoyed TWFX and now this series.Yea, I heard a lot of good things about ISWAK. I may give that one a try when I have time.
    I got to know 183 because of this series too. I didn't like them right away either, but I started to really like them when I got to know them more. Oh no, Jacky Zhu is the one that plays Micheal. Johnny plays that bad reporter that got punched by Ming Dao. I got them mixed at first too. Yea, Jacky is from Vancouver Canada. He was born and raised there and returned to Taiwan when he was about 20.
    I agree about MD and QE. They had great chemistry. I agree about Joyce. Her character and acting wasn't that good. I thought her character was VERY annoying.... You can watch Magicians of Love. That also has 183 in there. The only one missing from the group is Johnny. Jacky has a way bigger part in there. I liked that series, but like Frog Prince more. You can also watch Bi Xue Jian which is a good Jin YOng series from China. I finished that a couple of months ago and love it...
    I will be emailing you right now while I am on or else I will forget to.... About Ming Dao, well... I admit that he can be a bit arrogant. He has his good and bad points. But the thing about him is, he is not afraid to show people how he feels...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

It true.. the taiwan and chinese version have bad english subs..so if you want to buy it or order it..you should look for the mandarin version/original version...some of the subs in the taiwan version are very bad..some of the part I hardly know what they are saying..regret..I should have look carefully for the mandarin version...instead of buying the taiwan version..!!!But it still have the special features at the end anyway...
    Last edited by LuvJoJo; 03-07-07 at 04:32 PM.

Anyone know all the series that Ming Dao was cast in..please tell meeh!

Ming Dao isn't in that many series yet. So far he is in from what I know of:
    -Tian Guo De Jia Yi(his first series)-Wedding gown from Heaven
    -Frog Prince
    -Magicians of Love
    -Apple Star(something like that, sorry forgot the CHinese title)
    -Angel Lover(his newest series out)
    and he is currently filming a new one in CHina right now. It is something Youth... I forgot the title... That's all for series. Before acting in series, he hosted Mao Xian Wang(king of Adventures).

Hope that helps!!

Ming Dao isn't in that many series yet. So far he is in from what I know of:
    -Tian Guo De Jia Yi(his first series)-Wedding gown from Heaven
    -Frog Prince
    -Magicians of Love
    -Apple Star(something like that, sorry forgot the CHinese title)
    -Angel Lover(his newest series out)
    and he is currently filming a new one in CHina right now. It is something Youth... I forgot the title... That's all for series. Before acting in series, he hosted Mao Xian Wang(king of Adventures).

Hope that helps!!
    THANX! Is he the lead actor in "Angel Lover" ?

You are welcome and yes he is the lead in Angel lover from what I heard....

You are welcome and yes he is the lead in Angel lover from what I heard....
    Thanks for the email Jie!

I heard about his first show Mao Xian Wang... do you guys know where I can find it? I'd like to watch it and see all of MD's adventures.
    Do you know how he got the gig for the adventure series?
    Also, I heard MD had polio. How serious was it and did he have it as a kid? Was there any tissue damage and does he have it now, is it treated, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    Thanks for the email Jie!

I heard about his first show Mao Xian Wang... do you guys know where I can find it? I'd like to watch it and see all of MD's adventures.
    Do you know how he got the gig for the adventure series?
    Also, I heard MD had polio. How serious was it and did he have it as a kid? Was there any tissue damage and does he have it now, is it treated, etc?
    I know polio is almost globally eradicated.. but how serious did MD have it?

Hi elledubs mei mei!!
    Glad to see you here... How are you doing lately? I am sneaking on right now... Anyway, let me answer your questions. Have you finished Frog Prince yet? Yes, Ming Dao did have polio when he was a child. I think it was pretty serious. It was so serious that he could not walk for a long period throughout his childhood. He was also always picked on as a child. I think that is why he may seem arrogant from time to time. He is also known for being "touchy" since he always had to rely on people, especially his older brother to help him get around. But he said it is because that is how he shows his affection for the people he cares about. His parents always had to take care of him a lot due to his polio. If it weren't for his dad's care for him as a child, he may not have been able to walk and grow so tall right now. No, he has recovered from it and is fine now. I think it made him a stronger person as we can all see. While he was filming Frog Prince, his Ye Ye(grandpa) passed away and his mom was in the hospital. But he still managed to give such a great performance. I am so proud of him for being so strong.
    About his show, Mao Xian Wang I haven't seen it myself but heard a lot good things about it. I saw it at this one store but it was really expensive..... I am currently reading and trying to translate his book about it. It is really interesting....
    There were some clips on youtube that he talked about his older brother and how he felt about his brother. He even broke down in tears from what I heard... He also mentioned about how he entered the circle... I wish I had the links for you. Maybe I need to ask my other friend to find it for you.
    By the way, his real name is Lin Chao Zhang. Ming Dao is just his stage name. When I saw that his last name was Lin, I thought... what a coincidence... He has the same surname that Jimmy does....
    Last edited by Trinie; 03-12-07 at 06:46 PM.

Hi elledubs mei mei!!
    Glad to see you here... How are you doing lately? I am sneaking on right now... Anyway, let me answer your questions. Have you finished Frog Prince yet? Yes, Ming Dao did have polio when he was a child. I think it was pretty serious. It was so serious that he could not walk for a long period throughout his childhood. He was also always picked on as a child. I think that is why he may seem arrogant from time to time. He is also known for being "touchy" since he always had to rely on people, especially his older brother to help him get around. But he said it is because that is how he shows his affection for the people he cares about. His parents always had to take care of him a lot due to his polio. If it weren't for his dad's care for him as a child, he may not have been able to walk and grow so tall right now. No, he has recovered from it and is fine now. I think it made him a stronger person as we can all see. While he was filming Frog Prince, his Ye Ye(grandpa) passed away and his mom was in the hospital. But he still managed to give such a great performance. I am so proud of him for being so strong.
    About his show, Mao Xian Wang I haven't seen it myself but heard a lot good things about it. I saw it at this one store but it was really expensive..... I am currently reading and trying to translate his book about it. It is really interesting....
    There were some clips on youtube that he talked about his older brother and how he felt about his brother. He even broke down in tears from what I heard... He also mentioned about how he entered the circle... I wish I had the links for you. Maybe I need to ask my other friend to find it for you.
    By the way, his real name is Lin Chao Zhang. Ming Dao is just his stage name. When I saw that his last name was Lin, I thought... what a coincidence... He has the same surname that Jimmy does....
    Thanks for the info Trinie Jie! That's so kool to hear. Yes, I've finished WZBQW... now I don't know what to watch next. haha, I might watch some Korean drama.. we'll see.
    I would love to know more if you can after you're done translating.
    I thought the series was pretty good overall.. it definitely compares to ISWAK! I don't know which one I like better. haha. As for the ending though, it wasn't the greatest but still very good. I think MD's hair looked funny towards the end of the series.

I also read somewhere that Joe Chen had to be out for six months during her career because of bad behaviour? Does anyone know anything about that? What do they mean by bad behaviour?

Hi mei mei!
    You are very welcome! Glad to see you on again. You can watch Magicians of Love or Angel Lover. Ming Dao is the main star in both of those too. 183 is also in Magicians of Love. It is a pretty good series too, but I liked Frog prince more. You can watch Bi Xue Jian, a Jin Yong adaption from china. I really loved it.
    Oh yea, it will take me a long to finish translating his book about Mao Xian Wang since it is kind of long and my Chinese is really bad.... I am doing one chapter at a time. I have only done chapter 1 and his intro so far.... If you want to read my bad translation of it so far let me know ok?
    Joe Chen had to be out for 6 months because of bad behaviour?? Where did you hear about that?? I don't know if it is true. I have never heard of that before. She was somewhat unemployed for like 10 months though... I felt bad for her because I am on the same boat...

Where do all you guys get these info about Ming Dao and Qiaoen? Is it on a website or on an article in a magazine? Because I try googling and Wekipedia on 183 Club and 7 Flowers and it don't tell about these kind of info about them...

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo
    Where do all you guys get these info about Ming Dao and Qiaoen? Is it on a website or on an article in a magazine? Because I try googling and Wekipedia on 183 Club and 7 Flowers and it don't tell about these kind of info about them...
    here's the page I got the info on Joe Chen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Qiao_En

this is what it says about her attitude: In 2003, she was punished for half a year for her bad attitude

anyone know more about this?