Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xue Yu Mi Cheng - Tuyết Vực Mê Thành {Zhao Wen Zhou, Ning Jing...}

Quote Originally Posted by jqn826
    Over all do you recommend this series? Is it a waste of time or watchable? Thanks so much.
    i'm not sure if i'm creditable to recommend this series b/c I'm biased. I like this series b/c Allen is in it, but as for the story, I'm indifferent and the cgi annoyed me to no end. The cgi was over-used b/c it's a fantasy series rather than a wuxia.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    He's played by Bao Jian Feng. Bao Bao would have been my only reason to watch this serial except too bad he's just a guest star.
    Thanks Lady Zhuge. Well, he does have a lot of lines and screentime and like I said, all the main girls fell for him at one point or another (more than what the main character got )
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/evildaemonlover/Tuyet%20Vuc%20Me%20Thanh/good.jpg')

The good counselor (?) thinks mostly for the people and his emperor. He believes that one shouldn't condemn guilty w/out a fair trial and generally is a good judge of character. I think he dies later on in the series, but am not sure when or how. The actor is an okay guy, but he looks kinda evil at times. I like the character, b/c he reminds me of justice bao, just not as dark and doesn't have a moon-shape scar.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/evildaemonlover/Tuyet%20Vuc%20Me%20Thanh/lame.jpg')

The bad counselor (?) cares for only himself. He follows who-ever is in power to survive and plots ways to gain status, power, and wealth. He outlived many people, but died in the end b/c he tried to enlist Yu Yang's influence and was done away with by the evil guy. Nothing to say about him cuz I fast-forwarded most of his scenes.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/evildaemonlover/Tuyet%20Vuc%20Me%20Thanh/evil.jpg')

Evil Guy (?) used to be royalty in a territory that was taken over by the Chong Empire 18 years ago (not sure about this), so now he seeks vengeance. He wants to take over the world by owning the holy chalice. Leng and the Necromancer works for him. And for a while, Yu Yang does what he says b/c she believed him to be good. In the end, he was tricked and met his downfall. He's the typical power-hungry evil guy w/ a tragic past, i guess. Nothing much to say cuz I fast-forwarded him a lot too. He's only slightly more interesting than the bad counselor, but not by too much. I do like the actor and have seen him play evil guy a lot recently, but I am never convinced b/c his dimples make him less evil-looking.

Are you watching this online Mysticdust?

Haha I need to keep away from online dramas, I still have finals until the end of Monday. So I need to study! GAH!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yes, i watched this online (google video). some parts were missing, which was sad b/c i didn't get to see when Long actually fell in love w/ Xin. oh well, at least the end was uploaded and since i have finals too, watching too much stuff is bad for me anywayz.

Well, it's been awhile since i watched this but I still have some pictures in my photobucket account that I haven't posted, so here's more character profiles.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/evildaemonlover/Tuyet%20Vuc%20Me%20Thanh/necro.jpg')

Here's the guy who brought Leng back to life. His character is kinda blah and scary w/ the purple hair, red lips and powdered face. I fastforwarded him whenever he shows up so I don't know anything about his motivations and have no clue as to why he works for the evil counselor.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/evildaemonlover/Tuyet%20Vuc%20Me%20Thanh/maid.jpg')

This is Leng's maid. She was somewhat loyal in the beginning but then she fell in love w/ Lei Ou, who was only using her. Leng kills her later on for being a traitor.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/evildaemonlover/Tuyet%20Vuc%20Me%20Thanh/serve.jpg')

This is the good counselor's servant and he is quite loyal. Sadly, beside being loyal, he doesn't have enough lines or screen time to develop a personality and therefore his presence can easily go unnoticed and his character easily forgotten.

Somehow looking at these screencaps of the characters convince me more NOT to watch it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Somehow looking at these screencaps of the characters convince me more NOT to watch it.
    maybe I shouldn't post more screencaps then. I wouldn't want the show-makers to lose more customers.

That being said, I have to admit that I give this show a very low rating, maybe a 1 star out of 5 or maybe even lower. It's one of those shows that is easily forgettable and when you're watching it, it's hard not to hold on tight to the remote control (or keeping your hand on your touchpad or mouse) for easy access of the forward button. The romance between the main couple is nothing cherishable and some of the supporting characters did nothing to streghten the plot. Furthermore, the cgi is laughable and some character costumes are too over the top (ie: the emperor's pants and the evil counselor's hair and very green outfit ).

Talking

This movie has bad makeup

I hate that girl that play Chae Rim's daughter, she's so ooglie. Give up watching it after tape 1 . I rather Chae Rim play the main chacter (the daughter role)

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    This movie has bad makeup

I hate that girl that play Chae Rim's daughter, she's so ooglie. Give up watching it after tape 1 . I rather Chae Rim play the main chacter (the daughter role)
    i agree i know some people dont like CR..but she's the only reason which draws some fans to this series..
    I like vincent so i though this would be good ..plus some stars cast like Ning jing, or jeff bao..

sorrie to say but CHae rim is like the only good looking lady in here.. the rest of the girls..the customes are so bad....... the guys are even better looking than them...
    do better next time vincent..

Is this drama or wuxia?

Is this drama or wuxia?
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

hey i'm new to this forum; i'm watching in vietnamese. i actually haven't watched any sereis like this. where names and cities, and races are just popping out of here. well yea... it graphics remind me of TOB except less extreme....

thankx mystic dust for the spoilers.

wowow., allen ends up with the princess? okay, for some reason i have opposite opinions, i find princess xin (i dont remmeber her viet name off the hand) annoying. she's sooo clingy to nha ka la/na ka ra ;; i dont like clingy characters

i like vu duong/yu yung better. i onno she's cuteee. i don't really find her annoying, but she has to make up-her-damn-mind. at first i thought she liked lion; but i guess she liked the bat guy instead. O.o

i like the bao; the bat guy. he's VERY funnny when he keeps sayings puns and stuff.. haha

i <33 allen. glad he stopped pursuing in du duong; she has enough. dont you think? but yea i liked allen i'm glad he's not evil like in LION PRiNCESS (: very likeable ACTOR (: luv him.

& the ZHAO Wen Zhuo; my first series seeing him. he's very cuuute. (: haha but in some seems he comes off like a dummy and some scenes he's kind of smart. like on & off he's dumb... the hell? u know? i agree he lets his emotions take him over not letting him finish his duties.

ning jing; same old same old. i saw her in dreadful melody and guest star on some other series. i liked her role in dreadful melody. in here; she's mysterious and like kind of dark. i wonder if she'll end up with lion because she used to like him when they were younger and there was one episode where she had interest in him.... (when her and butterfly girl was at the same place talking like they were sisters).

so yea;; my fav characters

are allen and butterfly. (: ... so far. lol
    i kind of like the evil counselours hair, the one that ning jing works for.. it's interesting. i've never seen it before.
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 07-05-07 at 06:46 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

wow still no replies?? wow butterfly girl is a little annoying now, can't she see that vincent was (acting) when he was pushing her away to marry ning jing. she should have not worried and left... instead she made herself "bach phat ma nu" -- according to allen ting. haha

and i think there's a mistake. how come when vincent threw those things at her and they cut her arm. but in the beggining when her "uncle" cut her hand on purpose, it healed. and then she was also running her fingers into the fire (obviously anyone can do that) but how come when vincent threw those thingys, she didn't self-heal?
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 07-06-07 at 10:28 PM.

this series was highly anticipated but turn out bad..you should check out other series that are much better than this..
    if you like ancient fighting stuff...i recommend "wind and cloud 1".. zhao wen zhou is also in there.. he's the main character. i love him..he's so cute.. it's one of the best series... and it's not boring... The viet title is "phuong van 1" or "hung ba thien ha".. but it's most known as "phong van"..it'll be easier to find..

yea i read the review on spcnet. it looked interesting. since u reccomend it.

yea i like ancient fighting stuff, this one was sci-fi. very interesting, the plot is TWiSTED.

does anyone have any more info on the lead actress?? is she new? i haven't seen her ever... before.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    yea i read the review on spcnet. it looked interesting. since u reccomend it.

yea i like ancient fighting stuff, this one was sci-fi. very interesting, the plot is TWiSTED.

does anyone have any more info on the lead actress?? is she new? i haven't seen her ever... before.
    you mean in this series.. she is quite new... this is her first series.. i dont think she's pretty.. a little side note.. Zhao wen zhou real wife was also in this series.. she played a minor role.. i forgot the name.. with she's the one with colorful blof hair on top like yellow or pink ..i think