Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: New Series- "The Gateau Affair"- Myolie Wu, Joe Ma, Annie Man

just finished this show, like "fantasy hotel", this show is nicer than i expected and i actually enjoyed it right from the first epi. after this show and war of in laws, my opinion towards myolie changes. i accept her afterall, she is suitable to act in comedies, because to me, her acting is the exasgerating type.

i find joe ma quite ok, but there seems to be something lacking in him, i can't feel his hidden emotion enough. unlike bowie in war and beauty. maybe is not his fault, i think is because the way the character ken (joe ma) fell for myolie was not convincing enough. He was suposed to be highly professional and mature, how would he fall for the young myolie?

but i find the way myolie developed feelings for ken was quite romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yes i noticed that line too hehe, myolie looks weird in bald though
    Lol yeah totally awkward.

I find that Myolie (whether it was her own acting or just her character) was really immature, esp. with that voice she used to portray Ah Sheung. The idea of Ah Sheung and Ko Gun falling in love with each other was romantic but I just can't be convinced with Joe as Ko Gun and Myolie as Sheung.

If you were to ask me what I liked best about this series? I'm stuck between the chemistry of Coco and Suen Yu Lok and Bun Jai.

How bout the others in here? What are your fave aspects of the Gateau Affairs?
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    Lol yeah totally awkward.

I find that Myolie (whether it was her own acting or just her character) was really immature, esp. with that voice she used to portray Ah Sheung. The idea of Ah Sheung and Ko Gun falling in love with each other was romantic but I just can't be convinced with Joe as Ko Gun and Myolie as Sheung.

If you were to ask me what I liked best about this series? I'm stuck between the chemistry of Coco and Suen Yu Lok and Bun Jai.

How bout the others in here? What are your fave aspects of the Gateau Affairs?
    personally i am not impressed at all by coco, i find her to be redundant in this show. i like suen yu lok this actor, he can act. the part he and his buddy looking for treasure is quite comical. but i can't be bothered with his relationship with coco. i find coco can't act.

i like all the competitions, how ko gun overcame the obstacles. and the concept of four season cakes were really impressive, especially the rainbow inside that funfair cake that go gun made.

i cannot stand myolies' hairstyle, she is not in anyway attractive and her character is just like a teenager. so i am not convinced that go gun will fall for her. but i can understand why myolie will like go gun, so that part i find romantic.

who is the lady who acted as myolie's mother? the harsh remarks she made were very funny (in cantonese), sometimes i don't really like her, but quite like to watch her bickering with go gun.

in short, i find this series entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by momoko
    personally i am not impressed at all by coco, i find her to be redundant in this show. i like suen yu lok this actor, he can act. the part he and his buddy looking for treasure is quite comical. but i can't be bothered with his relationship with coco. i find coco can't act.
    i like all the competitions, how ko gun overcame the obstacles. and the concept of four season cakes were really impressive, especially the rainbow inside that funfair cake that go gun made.
    i cannot stand myolies' hairstyle, she is not in anyway attractive and her character is just like a teenager. so i am not convinced that go gun will fall for her. but i can understand why myolie will like go gun, so that part i find romantic.
    who is the lady who acted as myolie's mother? the harsh remarks she made were very funny (in cantonese), sometimes i don't really like her, but quite like to watch her bickering with go gun.
    in short, i find this series entertaining.
    You're right, Bobo Chan (who was Coco) can't really act, probably because she went into the entertainment biz through singing. But I still really enjoyed watching the two 's chemistry just because they were so innocent (ha ha and suen yu lok has like 3 jail records) and yeah their relationship was so cute from how Suen Yu Lok thought so much of the bag of chips that Coco gave him to his wooing her lol.

Yeah I really like the ideas of the cakes too, so meaningful and the cakes look absolutely amazing!

And lastly, agreed about Myolie's hairstyle lol. Definitely not convinced that Ko Gun could fall in love with such a happy-go-lucky bubbly teenager-ish girl. I mean he's so serious and he cares so deeply about his son and basically he's extremely preoccupied with thinking about his past and making cakes, it's so out of character for someone like that to take someone like Sheung seriously - let alone fall in love with her!

And I'm not sure of the name of the lady who played Myolie's mother.
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:

i have to say this : GOOOO BUN JAI!!!!

myolie's hair needs some serious attention...

i want to know how real is Suen Yu Lok's hairstyle at the beginning. it look heavy...
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

Quote Originally Posted by kkgurl723
    Did anyone finished Myolie's new series 情迷黑森林,The Gateau Affairs? In this series Myolie is with Joe, but because of a miss understanding they broke up and Myolie kept on hurting him, cuz Myolie thought Joe wanted to be with her because of her mother (a very good cake maker). Cause of that Joe Ma stoped making cakes. When Myolie found out the truth she sacrifice her health to make Joe Ma start making cakes again, then during the compition Myolie faints. Then they go back together, and she did a surgery. Myolie was bald when she did the surgery. She had to do the surgery cuz she got hit by a dunder. In the movie they go though many things, but I don't have time to name it all out. I love this serie a lot.
    i watched the whole movie before! it was great

Quote Originally Posted by laney
    i have to say this : GOOOO BUN JAI!!!!

myolie's hair needs some serious attention...

i want to know how real is Suen Yu Lok's hairstyle at the beginning. it look heavy...
    Ooh yeah, I loove bun jai, not only because he's so adorable but also that he doesn't have an attitude when acting. That's the main thing why sometimes I dislke child actors, because they have attitude when they are acting, or like they are clearly trying to be cute. It sounds critical, but that's really how I feel.

And I think Suen Yu Lok's hairstyle in the series (except for the last episode when he changed it) looks really terrible lol but hilariously terrible.

The Gateau Affairs was actually the first series that made me cry-ever! And it was because of Bun Jai! And by the way, I'm so happy, my first review to SPCNET.TV is finally live-for this series = ) Please visit it if you are interested !

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=958
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

Err.. maybe its to late to post here .. but

Just wanted to say Joe + Myolie = Eww. I hate her so much. Acting and character.

How stupid is it, once again, that the main character (Myolie) wins the competition even though she sucks at baking. And worse of all, she literally FORCED Joe to like her, she'd be all cocky and have a stupid attitude towards him. Ahh stupid.

Love Annie Man, though.
    WU ZUN ! <3