Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ping Zong Xia Ying starring Huang Hai Bing & Fan Bing Bing

Just rented this series since i've read so many positive reviews of it. My mom absolutely loves the older adaptation starring Michelle Mai and Damien Lau. Not that fond of FBB but i cant wait to see SFF in action!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Your mom can dance cha cha to the opening theme.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Just rented this series since i've read so many positive reviews of it. My mom absolutely loves the older adaptation starring Michelle Mai and Damien Lau. Not that fond of FBB but i cant wait to see SFF in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Your mom can dance cha cha to the opening theme.
    didnt know surferket's a closet cha cha fan..and dont shot back and say, "Alamak, just because i talk abt cha cha means i love it right?"

Wise Fool

Well, the plot isn’t exactly great and the acting from most of the cast members are only so-so. I was only able to finish the series because of Huang Hai Bing’s charming performance and Sun Fei Fei’s love story. I didn’t see much chemistry b/t FBB and HHB. It’s good for a one time watch, but I wouldn’t rewatch it. The music was quite catchy… I really like the theme and end songs.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Well, the plot isn’t exactly great and the acting from most of the cast members are only so-so. I was only able to finish the series because of Huang Hai Bing’s charming performance and Sun Fei Fei’s love story. I didn’t see much chemistry b/t FBB and HHB. It’s good for a one time watch, but I wouldn’t rewatch it. The music was quite catchy… I really like the theme and end songs.
    I visited the series's baidu thread and seems like the most well-liked characters are that played by HHB and SFF followed by FBB and HX Not too many people liked the pairing of the leads and said there wasnt enough chemistry as compared to the Michelle/Damien version.

Wise Fool

I visited the series's baidu thread and seems like the most well-liked characters are that played by HHB and SFF followed by FBB and HX Not too many people liked the pairing of the leads and said there wasnt enough chemistry as compared to the Michelle/Damien version.
    I guess I am with the majority then. HHB is so handsome in this series and his character is a ladykiller for sure. Goodlooking, smart, kind, with great martial arts .

FBB = eh I felt nothing for her. To me, she lack screen presence despite her pretty face. SFF totally outshined her as the spoiled, but ever so cute Princess Jing. When Jing died, it was the most heartwrenching moment in the series. A pity she didn't have more screen time. There were a lot of boring scenes b/t HHB and FBB that could have been shortened.

Wah bloody kow man!! Just cos I say cha-cha must mean I cha-cha man meh?

didnt know surferket's a closet cha cha fan..and dont shot back and say, "Alamak, just because i talk abt cha cha means i love it right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Wah bloody kow man!! Just cos I say cha-cha must mean I cha-cha man meh?
    The opening song is hilarous..it's really cha cha-like I love the ending song though and the ending video looks so serene and beautiful.

Just finished watching the first 3 episodes and it's pretty good so far I like HHB's character and he does a pretty good job so far. FBB looks exceptionally pretty in here as compared to some other series i've seen her in and i like her character for now

BTW, i noticed that the old man who played Yun Jing, Yun Lei's grandfather, was HYS in LOCH03 and Yun Lei's teacher was HR in ROCH06

Wise Fool

The ending is like a calligraphy piece. Very unique.

FBB was younger then.

That old man is very good. Lots of character in his face.

The opening song is hilarous..it's really cha cha-like I love the ending song though and the ending video looks so serene and beautiful.

Just finished watching the first 3 episodes and it's pretty good so far I like HHB's character and he does a pretty good job so far. FBB looks exceptionally pretty in here as compared to some other series i've seen her in and i like her character for now

BTW, i noticed that the old man who played Yun Jing, Yun Lei's grandfather, was HYS in LOCH03 and Yun Lei's teacher was HR in ROCH06

I guess I am with the majority then. HHB is so handsome in this series and his character is a ladykiller for sure. Goodlooking, smart, kind, with great martial arts .
    totally agree
    i didn't think he looked particularly good in this series compared to some others, but still

FBB = eh I felt nothing for her. To me, she lack screen presence despite her pretty face. SFF totally outshined her as the spoiled, but ever so cute Princess Jing. When Jing died, it was the most heartwrenching moment in the series. A pity she didn't have more screen time. There were a lot of boring scenes b/t HHB and FBB that could have been shortened.
    I thought FBB looked very pretty in this series compared to many others i have seen her in. But yes, SFF totally outshined her... she was just awesome as the princess. I was so heartbroken when she died

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    totally agree
    i didn't think he looked particularly good in this series compared to some others, but still
    Well, my personal favorite series of his would have to be Wu Lin Wai Shi - Mission of the Warriors. Only, certain scenes the makeup artists gave him pink lipsticks . I really disliked the actress that he ended up with. So darn annoying. Was so rooting for Rebecca Wang.

I thought FBB looked very pretty in this series compared to many others i have seen her in. But yes, SFF totally outshined her... she was just awesome as the princess. I was so heartbroken when she died
    FBB is pretty and she's a decent actress, but I feel she is overhyped and in way too many series. Compared to SFF's performance, FBB kinda faded in the background.

Well, my personal favorite series of his would have to be Wu Lin Wai Shi - Mission of the Warriors. Only, certain scenes the makeup artists gave him pink lipsticks . I really disliked the actress that he ended up with. So darn annoying. Was so rooting for Rebecca Wang.
    same
    he looked so good in Wu Lin Wai Shi... except for the lipstick. I noticed that too, but i never understood why they did it. minus that and he looked great. Hairstyle might have had something to do with it. He was really cute with Wang Yan as well... but darn, that other stupid actress. She was sooo annoying she had the worst acting and the worst dubbing too.

FBB is pretty and she's a decent actress, but I feel she is overhyped and in way too many series. Compared to SFF's performance, FBB kinda faded in the background.
    Yea, SFF definitely stole the show in this one. i wish they put more emphasis on her love story with Zhong, as opposed to the main two. They were cute, but there was so much of them... i just wanted to see more of SFF
    i wish SFF had sung the end theme with the actor who played Zhang Zhong. That would ahve been so cute

same
    he looked so good in Wu Lin Wai Shi... except for the lipstick. I noticed that too, but i never understood why they did it. minus that and he looked great. Hairstyle might have had something to do with it. He was really cute with Wang Yan as well... but darn, that other stupid actress. She was sooo annoying she had the worst acting and the worst dubbing too.
    0-0-0 dear, would you happen to have the theme song for WLWS? I've been searching everywhere for it, but no luck
    yeah, didn't know why there was a need for lipstick. what's wrong with normal lips on a guy? made him like kinda too feminine, especially with his long hair. we think alike... the actress playing QiQi was so irritating, even the dubbed voice for her was bad. i wanted to kick her a$$ so bad. she didn't deserve shen lang at all . i heard the series is only 30% faithful to the novel. if that is the case, why not make shen lang end up with nobody. much more preferable to him with QiQi

Yea, SFF definitely stole the show in this one. i wish they put more emphasis on her love story with Zhong, as opposed to the main two. They were cute, but there was so much of them... i just wanted to see more of SFF
    i wish SFF had sung the end theme with the actor who played Zhang Zhong. That would ahve been so cute
    the actor for Zhang Zhong was cool. might not be very good looking, but i like him. he definitely had chemistry with SFF. i was more touched by this couple's love than that of HHB & FBB.

0-0-0 dear, would you happen to have the theme song for WLWS? I've been searching everywhere for it, but no luck
    i'm sorry i don't have it either. i used to, but i must have lost it last time i formatted my computer

yeah, didn't know why there was a need for lipstick. what's wrong with normal lips on a guy? made him like kinda too feminine, especially with his long hair. we think alike... the actress playing QiQi was so irritating, even the dubbed voice for her was bad. i wanted to kick her a$$ so bad. she didn't deserve shen lang at all . i heard the series is only 30% faithful to the novel. if that is the case, why not make shen lang end up with nobody. much more preferable to him with QiQi
    i only read the last half of the book, and it wasn't very faithful... Fei Fei doesn't die in the book, she leaves forever... supposedly A Fei in Xiao Li Fei Dao is meant to be her son with Shen Lang
    i didn't see any need for the lipstick either! Apart from that, it was all good
    The actress for Qi Qi... man, i never want to see her act again... so annoying and terrible dubbing.

the actor for Zhang Zhong was cool. might not be very good looking, but i like him. he definitely had chemistry with SFF. i was more touched by this couple's love than that of HHB & FBB.
    yea, their chemistry was very good... it was so sad when Jing died

SFF came out a little in episode 4 and she was so cute. Her dubbed voice is very sharp and kiddy-sounding though. Can't wait to see more of her!

A question: Why did HHB's father decide to release Yun Lei after he captured her in episode 8? I can only think of one reason and that is to use her to find the real princess?

Wise Fool

same

Zhong sang it with Han Xue, who played the evil Tan Tai Jing Ming.

SFF came out a little in episode 4 and she was so cute. Her dubbed voice is very sharp and kiddy-sounding though. Can't wait to see more of her!
    yup... it only gets better

A question: Why did HHB's father decide to release Yun Lei after he captured her in episode 8? I can only think of one reason and that is to use her to find the real princess?
    it's been so long since i've watched it i can't seem to remember anything except jing and Zhong's love story

I've watched till episode 16 and i love the part Yun Lei accepts the princess as her disciple and they travel to Shen Bing Shan Manor, as well as the part Zhang Zhong discovers the princess and saves her.

OMG, SFF is damn adorable. Her expressions are so cheeky and cute and she's so good as the loud and bratty princess. Her childish and sharp dubbed voice serves to add even more humour to her portrayal. I actually laughed out several times when she jokes and is up to mischief. I never expected SFF to actually be so convincing in a role like this since i thought she looks more suitable for demure and soft-spoken, gentle roles! She and FBB have very good chemistry and their characters are such a contrast! Haven't seen HHB in the last couple of episodes though but i think he's gonna appear soon. I love Zhang Zhong as well, he's darn cool and smart! Can't wait to see him and the princess when they fall in love

BTW, i noticed Lu Xing acted as a cameo role in here as one of Zhang Zhong's men. There were a couple of men with Zhang Zhong and i kept thinking one of them looked really familiar and then i realised it was Lu Xing!
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-30-06 at 04:33 AM.

Wise Fool

i assume you're up to about here, sunny

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/U92P28T3D397657F326DT20040523175442.jpg')

This one is so adorable
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/3_28-3-326-58_2003020918270.jpg')

Thanks for the pics 0-0-0! Oh my i watched till episode 26 and stopped there for now..too heartbroken to carry on after princess jing dies...

SFF's screentime is way too short man! I didn't expect her to die so fast..it's not even 3/4 of the series when she dies!! And her sweet scenes with Zhang Zhong is toooo little...i had expected more since they were the cutest couple in the series. Seriously gt a lil bored of Yunlei and Danfeng's relationship after awhile, very typical R&J whereas Jing and Zhong's relationship was soo good but so short! So sad that Zhang Feng Gu didnt even allow Zong to leave with the princess's body

BTW i read that princess jing doesnt exist in the novel and Zhang Zhong actually ends up with Tan Tai Jing Ming in the original novel. TTJM isn't supposed to be evil like in the series. But i thought the scriptwriter did a brilliant job in creating SFF's character and spinning it into the plot
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-31-06 at 09:32 AM.

Wise Fool