Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

wow ady looks really great lately. i really like that purple dress she wore to the shanghai move festival! the necklace she has one in the first 2 pics is really pretty as well. she's looking stunning. i love all of her outfits too. her sense of style is great

I agree. Ady seems to have become "classier" recently, perhaps due to an image change (maybe she has a new stylist) after joining HY brothers.

Here's a clip of her at one of the events and i think she looks really poised and elegant.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%B0%B2%D2%D4%...d28346069e94af
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I agree. Ady seems to have become "classier" recently, perhaps due to an image change (maybe she has a new stylist) after joining HY brothers.
    After She joined Hua Yi brothers her image changed from typical idol girl to more refined leading lady.

I wouldn't be surprised after they give her a few more series, that they will let her start acting in movies and films, provided her acting is good in those series.

Letting her be at the John Rabe premiere with Feng Xiaogang was pretty nice, and she looked thrilled to be there with him...maybe she will be a candidate for leading lady in one of his films one day. It's a little early to say now though.

Quote Originally Posted by aznjacinda View Post
    After She joined Hua Yi brothers her image changed from typical idol girl to more refined leading lady.

I wouldn't be surprised after they give her a few more series, that they will let her start acting in movies and films, provided her acting is good in those series.

Letting her be at the John Rabe premiere with Feng Xiaogang was pretty nice, and she looked thrilled to be there with him...maybe she will be a candidate for leading lady in one of his films one day. It's a little early to say now though.
    Ady is actually pretty good friends with Feng Xiao Gang. If im not wrong, she knew him before she joined HY Brothers and he was one of the few who turned up with gifts during the celebration when she first joined the company. As for films, FXG actually offered her a supporting role in "If You Are the One" but she had to decline the offer due to conflict in her work schedule.

Wise Fool

Ady is actually pretty good friends with Feng Xiao Gang. If im not wrong, she knew him before she joined HY Brothers and he was one of the few who turned up with gifts during the celebration when she first joined the company. As for films, FXG actually offered her a supporting role in "If You Are the One" but she had to decline the offer due to conflict in her work schedule.
    Really? That's a surprise to me. How did they meet? Maybe he introduced her to Hua Yi then? I always thought her jump from Taiwan idol dramas to Hua Yi was a bit unconventional. I could imagine most people becoming friends with Ady easily though.

One of the supporting roles in If You Are the One wouldn't have done much for her career, but it would have been really funny to see her as any one of the blind dates.

I wonder which role she would have taken...they were all funny.

Really? That's a surprise to me. How did they meet? Maybe he introduced her to Hua Yi then? I always thought her jump from Taiwan idol dramas to Hua Yi was a bit unconventional. I could imagine most people becoming friends with Ady easily though.
    I'm not sure how they met but I remember reading that Huang Xiaoming (whom she became good friends with after filming Da Han Tian Zi 3) was the one who introduced her to one of HYB's bosses, Wang Zhong Lei. Ady's been focusing on the mainland market ever since the success of Chinese Paladin and has filmed quite a few mainland dramas subsequently. Hence, its no surprise that HYB was willing to sign her on as an artist. Thank goodness though since her previous management seemed really incapable of promoting her as an actress and securing her good roles. HYB seems to value her potential much more.

Wise Fool

I'm not sure how they met but I remember reading that Huang Xiaoming (whom she became good friends with after filming Da Han Tian Zi 3) was the one who introduced her to one of HYB's bosses, Wang Zhong Lei. Ady's been focusing on the mainland market ever since the success of Chinese Paladin and has filmed quite a few mainland dramas subsequently. Hence, its no surprise that HYB was willing to sign her on as an artist. Thank goodness though since her previous management seemed really incapable of promoting her as an actress and securing her good roles. HYB seems to value her potential much more.
    i agree. considering HYB is such a large company with so many big-name stars though, its not that much of a surprise. its great that we're seeing more of her though! that can only be good
    oh, and sunny, would you happen to know if hua yi brothers is actually warner brothers? my mom told me that once but i dont know if its true...

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i agree. considering HYB is such a large company with so many big-name stars though, its not that much of a surprise. its great that we're seeing more of her though! that can only be good
    oh, and sunny, would you happen to know if hua yi brothers is actually warner brothers? my mom told me that once but i dont know if its true...
    Hua Yi brothers is not Warner brothers but they both have Hua Yi in their Chinese names, so it's very confusing.

Hua Yi was founded by two brothers, Wang Zhongjun (CEO) and Wang Zhonglei (president).

Hua Yi brothers is not Warner brothers but they both have Hua Yi in their Chinese names, so it's very confusing.

Hua Yi was founded by two brothers, Wang Zhongjun (CEO) and Wang Zhonglei (president).
    oh ok thanks for clearing that up

oh btw, has anyone seen the back of ady's dress? i was shocked when i saw it:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20090614/Img264519621.jpg')
    http://yule.sohu.com/20090614/n264519619.shtml
    its from that page if the picture doesnt show.

what a gorgeus dress

"Niu Lang Zhi Nu" has started airing in China recently. Seems like the response towards the series is lukewarm and lead actor Tian Liang, who plays Niu Lang in his debut acting role, has garnered some criticisms for his stiff and unnatural acting. I dont think TL looks good in ancient wear and but his acting seems so-so in the trailer clips so im keeping my fingers crossed that he won't mess up too badly in the actual product.

Anyhow, some pics of Ady as Zhi Nu
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133248920011.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133249189334.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133249296448.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133249434045.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133249541159.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133249655030.jpg')

Credits: http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2009/06/30/2168457.html

Wise Fool

im kinda a new fan of ady, i just started watching niu lang zhi nu, and so far the only highlight is ady. the cgi is terrible and the other actors are hardly more than so so. ady's great though!
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

thx for sharing those picture sunnysnow ady look pretty might give this one a try since ady look so pretty in those picture

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee78 View Post
    thx for sharing those picture sunnysnow ady look pretty might give this one a try since ady look so pretty in those picture
    Ady is very pretty-looking in the series but her character's pretty unexciting, as is the rest of the cast and the plot.

Wise Fool

Her legs are to die for! She's quite curvy for someone who's so thin.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2009/06/30/20090630133249189334.jpg')
    Her smile is adorable here. ^_^ I just wish they'd cast her in more quality series. So much wasted potential.

Hmm...a few HSDS 2009 posters in here*duh to self* Ady is lead actress in that upcoming extravaganza. Don't recall if I've posted here or not...anyho, hiya all Ady fans!

I don't know if I'm a fan...depends how one defines that term. It's such a phasic word to me. I don't recall when Ady caught my eye...Niu Liang Zhi Nu? The fact that she has a role playing ZM has a great influence...my attention tends to gravitate towards Jin-Yong related 'anything'.

Ady's looking really stylish these days. I'm usually more interested in acting talent, but Ady really stands out in looks, persona, and acting.

I've seen The Outsiders (breezed through II though), White Robe Love (just enough to get the gist of the story...really thinking of watching it again properly at some point), Qi Ke Nan Nu (hilarious...surprisingly witty dialogue for a rather low-scale production), some scenes of that series tracing Ao Jian's comeback against Fu Chai (even though Ady playing Xi Shi was a significant figure, it didn't seem she got many scenes...then, women don't play central roles in mens' wars), Yun Liang (really impressed with Ady's acting in this sob-fest), Suo Qing Qiu (shamless rip-off of Yun Liang, don't understand why Ady agreed to do this one), Niu Liang Zhi Nu (buying own copy on Friday or Monday...yay!).

Ady's relationship with her male leads is so refreshingly 'boyo'. She's also very captivating and witty in interviews, funny too - she fairs well in those Taiwanese celebrity 'interviews/interrogations', she's such a fast talker yet doesn't lose herself in her own chatter.

I always found it interesting that Michael Zhang, beside also being in The Outsiders and White Robe Love also played Li Jun in Yun Liang. Or have I got that wrong? If so, the guy who plays Li Jun almost looks like Michael Zhang's twin!

The cinematography in Niu Liang Zhi Niu is pretty good, despite its obvious flaws. Ady's so pretty and sweet, although, there was one smile she gave Niu Liang that seemed forced/fake. Understandable from the point of the dialogue...not exactly the most complicated series. Although, the issues and themes explored in the series were very real and intriguing...wasted by poor scriptwriting I say. I don't know if production was 'babying' the level of complexity for Tian Liang, because I didn't feel the plot really tested any actor or actresses skills, considering a Ady and a few veteran performers in the series can claim quite stirling past performances.

Tian Liang was actually passable, even some moments genuinely good, as an amateur actor. The hard part is to watch his performance without any preconceptions...I believe so many people already identify him as a 'non-actor' because of his 'Olympiad persona' that it may be hard to differentiate if he is good or not. But then that's just opinion. I think it would be pretty difficult to express an appealing 'simple minded' character, one is working with very subtle vices, because it isn't a very flamboyant character. I felt he had some genuine chemistry with Ady, not all the time maybe, but at least sometimes. I liked the part where he was trying to deal with his shame of abandoning his wife by speaking to his cow - the contrast of scenes with Ady frantically trying to find him, then Niu Liang's slow, stilted mental ruminations was done very effectively IMO.

Ady is very pretty-looking in the series but her character's pretty unexciting, as is the rest of the cast and the plot.
    i only want to see this one is because of Ady so it ok if the plot is not that good

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee78 View Post
    i only want to see this one is because of Ady so it ok if the plot is not that good
    You honestly should watch a series for way more than just a particular actress or just the cast. I think the plot and story of a series is the most important thing. Of course having a good cast is a BIG plus as well...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

anyone know any new updates on ady tawainesse idol drama with vanness wu??????