Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Her husband/boyfriend has such a punchable face. looks gay and smug.
    who? i dont think ady has a bf...

I think balikpapan is referring to Guangxi/Van Ness.

I absolutely adore Ady's 'Happiness, Next Stop'. At this point, even more so than HSDS, and that's saying something! May change once we have more ZM scenes in HSDS.

Although, as a whole, I don't think HNS will beat HSDS for me. There's some seriously shoddy post-production of HSDS. Beautiful scenery yes, crappy CGI, and odd moments of stirling performances...ZJZ typical for me. HNS however, is a different level. I really feel the director tries and squeeze every drop of emotional effect from the scene, actors/actresses, setting. Pacing is also quick without making the series seem 'choppy'.

Ady's portrayal of Mucheng is sublime. On the surface, it she seems the typical damsel in distress, but once she gets into one of those moments when she makes her stand to differentiate right from wrong, man, she is the heroine!

One of the HNS scenes that particularly stood out to me was when Guangxi pressured Mucheng to remove her clothing. Ady's tears and performance at point were an amazing blend of strength, sadness, reprimand for men, and helplessness (not the feminine kind, but the kind as an outcry for the misfortune of circumstances). I've read this same scene in the novel, and the impact does not compare with how Ady expresses it.

Ah, but I'm hoping to see a mercurial performance of ZM from Ady. I'm sure she will not disappoint.

Also looking forward to Ady tackling her performance as a single mother. Very interesting and brave issue to address in an idol drama.

i completely agree with you, NuDaFu! i am currently SO obsessed with this series, even more so than HSDS. with HSDS i just watch an episode or 2 when i have time, but with next stop happiness i cant stop thinking about it! speaking of, im gonna go watch episode 5 now

Talking

Will you lovely ladies give me the link where I can watch Next Stop Happiness online, if it's available? I don't mind not understanding the language, moving pictures are good for me

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Will you lovely ladies give me the link where I can watch Next Stop Happiness online, if it's available? I don't mind not understanding the language, moving pictures are good for me
    Viikii and mysoju both have the English subbed versions:
    http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/autumnsconcerto#
    http://www.mysoju.com/autumns-concerto/
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    well, i would have, but it seems like sunnysnow beat me to it! you really should watch it though - its so good im addicted!

Yes, I'm an addicted too! I haven't come across such a consistently good drama, as in almost every moment, in ages.

I only recently finished epi 4 & 5. Although, I do find

click to show/hide spoilers

Mucheng's near drowning a bit contrived

I want to see that cute kiddie! Can't wait until epi 6. Ady said XL should appear by epi 5, it's a bit off, but I'm hoping to see that kiddie soon.

Not sure if anyone realizes, in the coming epi 6 when Yiqian comes to 'the rescue',

She obviously takes part in the surgery. Not very accurate, because first, she is a Paeds intern, and there is no Paed neurosurgery taking place. Neurosurgery and Paeds are very different, so I can't see a reason how she would even be allowed to observe the surgery, even if her daddy is a major hospital investor. Yeah, too many medical inaccuracies, but I'm just being picky.

Talking

Thank you so much for the links, Sunny

Somehow viikii make me put in donation in order to watch the clips, and the other website couldn't open up the video

I'll try again tonight

Looks like Ady's gonna be super busy next year. Besides being cast as Li Shishi in "Water Margin Affairs", Ady has also been cast as Bai Gu Jing (Mdm White Bones) in another remake of the 4 classics, ZJZ's latest "Journey to the West". 2 famous characters in 2 grand productions.

ZJZ announced Ady's participation in JTTW while promoting the new HSDS with her in Hangzhou recently.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.zjol.com.cn/pic/0/03/26/38/3263828_635493.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.zjol.com.cn/pic/0/03/26/37/3263708_069113.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.zjol.com.cn/pic/0/03/26/37/3263709_876801.jpg')

Credits: http://ent.zjol.com.cn/05ent/system/...16001355.shtml

Ady was also recently awarded some most stylish artist award at the 2009 Fashion Cosmo awards in Shanghai:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.cctv.com/20091104/images/1257316222682_1257310865396_20237.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.cctv.com/20091104/images/1257316222687_1257310866056_21842.jpg')

Credits: http://ent.cctv.com/20091104/103313.shtml

Am really pleased by her performance as ZM in the latest HSDS. Was initially afraid that my expectations were too high and that she might disappoint but thankfully, she managed to live up to the hype and really is one of the major highlights of that series.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-06-09 at 10:10 AM.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Yes, I'm an addicted too! I haven't come across such a consistently good drama, as in almost every moment, in ages.

I only recently finished epi 4 & 5. Although, I do find

Mucheng's near drowning a bit contrived

I want to see that cute kiddie! Can't wait until epi 6. Ady said XL should appear by epi 5, it's a bit off, but I'm hoping to see that kiddie soon.

Not sure if anyone realizes, in the coming epi 6 when Yiqian comes to 'the rescue',

She obviously takes part in the surgery. Not very accurate, because first, she is a Paeds intern, and there is no Paed neurosurgery taking place. Neurosurgery and Paeds are very different, so I can't see a reason how she would even be allowed to observe the surgery, even if her daddy is a major hospital investor. Yeah, too many medical inaccuracies, but I'm just being picky.
    im not looking forward to epi 6 actually. the sad depressing episodes make me sad lol

Talking

Awww, Ady got an award for best dressed actress? Woohuu I thought the blue dress that she wore to accept the award was too loose

Have you get a chance to finish HSDS 2009 yet, Sunny? I likes her ZM in the beginning, but somehow, after the Snake Island incident. Her ZM character became a little silly or girly? I didn't understand what they were saying, but her actions was funny in a cute way. I'm blaming it on the script director(s)

i actually find her very stunning in that blue dress. it wouldn't have the same glamorous and classy effect on me if it was tight (it would be more hoochie!). can't wait to see her and dc on hsds.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i actually find her very stunning in that blue dress. it wouldn't have the same glamorous and classy effect on me if it was tight (it would be more hoochie!). can't wait to see her and dc on hsds.
    i agree. i thought it was a really pretty dress! and the color is just gorgeous.

finally, ady is getting more recognition and better roles. Anyone think it was HSDS and HNS that shot her to fame and stardom because as far as I remember all her previous roles were pretty bad and doesn't show her outstanding acting.
    But I am happy to see ady as ZM especially when most of her roles in other series were weak and people always pick on her type (expcet CP which I loved her as yueru) Am absolutely stunned by her acting as ZM, probably consider her the best ZM so far to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by icrayray View Post
    finally, ady is getting more recognition and better roles. Anyone think it was HSDS and HNS that shot her to fame and stardom because as far as I remember all her previous roles were pretty bad and doesn't show her outstanding acting.
    But I am happy to see ady as ZM especially when most of her roles in other series were weak and people always pick on her type (expcet CP which I loved her as yueru) Am absolutely stunned by her acting as ZM, probably consider her the best ZM so far to me now.
    I think her breakthrough roles which got her recognized in Taiwan and Mainland were in "The Outsiders" and "Chinese Paladin" respectively. But I do agree that HSDS and "Autumn's Concerto" (Next Stop, Happiness) might well be productions that propel her to A-list fame in both Mainland and Taiwan. I hope she continues to do some series because most artists give up on TV and focus solely on the big screen once they're A-listed.

Wise Fool

What are you talking about? She needs to go to the big screen. She is a great Actress who needs to be seen by more people aspecially by the people who live overseas.

I know HNS is a really big series right now but does anyone know how HSDS is doing with the audience in mainland and oversea? Because as far as I know, there seems to have been little or no promotion for HSDS before it aired and I'm just curious as to whether people are even watching it in mainland and how they like ady's ZM. I love ady's ZM from beginning to end but I've heard people on other forums saying she's not pretty enough for ZM or she's only pretty at times and how they lost interest when she fell in love with ZWJ.
    Sometimes it seems like people are not liking ZM because they are HR fans and ZM's character is definitely compatible to HR. But I just personally like ZM more. lol and ady was awesome as ZM

Quote Originally Posted by kingjune86 View Post
    What are you talking about? She needs to go to the big screen. She is a great Actress who needs to be seen by more people aspecially by the people who live overseas.
    I've never said that I don't want her to move on to the big screen. In fact, given her increasing fame, she'll probably move on to do movies very soon and I wouldn’t mind it at all especially if the movie’s a good one. Nonetheless, I just hope she doesn't give up on TV series entirely because there are so many artists who become famous, move on to the big screen and just stay there, accepting ANY film offer, even if the role's crappy and the movie's lousy. Many artists and audiences alike have this misconception that movies are only for famous stars who have made it while series are for B-listers and the likes. Hence, many artists don't go back to TV once they move forward (of course, there are other reasons like less hardship and more money) even though many a time, the rejected TV role is much better than the accepted movie role and might do even more for the artist in terms of fame and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by icrayray View Post
    I know HNS is a really big series right now but does anyone know how HSDS is doing with the audience in mainland and oversea? Because as far as I know, there seems to have been little or no promotion for HSDS before it aired and I'm just curious as to whether people are even watching it in mainland and how they like ady's ZM. I love ady's ZM from beginning to end but I've heard people on other forums saying she's not pretty enough for ZM or she's only pretty at times and how they lost interest when she fell in love with ZWJ.
    Sometimes it seems like people are not liking ZM because they are HR fans and ZM's character is definitely compatible to HR. But I just personally like ZM more. lol and ady was awesome as ZM
    I don’t know about other forums but from the activity in the HSDS Baidu forum (one of mainland china’s largest and most popular entertainment forums), it seems to me that the series is generating quite a lot of attention and discussion online atm. Probably because HSDS is a very popular and famous story hence the hype despite the lack of promotion. Of course, there are netizens who either dislike or are unimpressed by Ady’s ZM (most of them are fans of the previous ZMs, ZZR fans or Ady haters) but from what Im seeing, majority of netizens are pretty impressed by her performance and find her portrayal of character most accurate to the novel. The response to her performance is a total contrast to the initial responses she got when she was first cast as the character (many netizens were not confident of her abilities then and found her unsuitable as ZM).

Wise Fool

ahh.. been busy alot lately.. but somehow I still manage to devote some time to Ady. I watched bits and pieces of HSDS 2009. I am happy that she isn't a bubbly princess like Alyssa's portrayal. I need to wait till vacation to really catch up on it.

I am liking her tawian drama, next stop happiness. I can't wait till the little kid comes in. Vanness actually improved since Meteor Garden.. so.. relief. And they both make a nice looking couple.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Vanness actually improved since Meteor Garden.. so.. relief. And they both make a nice looking couple.
    i agree! i actually like him now. and the new haircut/style definitely helps.