Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i agree! i actually like him now. and the new haircut/style definitely helps.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I just finished epi 6 where they gonna switch to 6 years later.... I am so anxious for it to come out now
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I don’t know about other forums but from the activity in the HSDS Baidu forum (one of mainland china’s largest and most popular entertainment forums), it seems to me that the series is generating quite a lot of attention and discussion online atm. Probably because HSDS is a very popular and famous story hence the hype despite the lack of promotion. Of course, there are netizens who either dislike or are unimpressed by Ady’s ZM (most of them are fans of the previous ZMs, ZZR fans or Ady haters) but from what Im seeing, majority of netizens are pretty impressed by her performance and find her portrayal of character most accurate to the novel. The response to her performance is a total contrast to the initial responses she got when she was first cast as the character (many netizens were not confident of her abilities then and found her unsuitable as ZM).
    Wow, thanks for the info. I'm glad Ady is getting recognition for her ZM because I just didn't want such a great performance to be ignored. And so glad that HSDS is getting attention because I thought it didn't. Love DC and ady's performance, hope they can work together again in the future as couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I just finished epi 6 where they gonna switch to 6 years later.... I am so anxious for it to come out now
    I know! Me too! It's gonna break my heart when Guang Xi sees Mu Chen but he doesn't recognize her! Hopefully, they won't drag out the reunion that much; I want to see some happy couple action way before the last episode.

Also, I hear there's only 12 episodes. Anyone know whether this length has been extended or not due to AC's rising popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    I know! Me too! It's gonna break my heart when Guang Xi sees Mu Chen but he doesn't recognize her! Hopefully, they won't drag out the reunion that much; I want to see some happy couple action way before the last episode.

Also, I hear there's only 12 episodes. Anyone know whether this length has been extended or not due to AC's rising popularity?
    only 12? really? BOO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    only 12? really? BOO.
    well... i mean... that isn't a bad number. I honestly would shun this if they extend to 30 episodes of this like some sappy kdrama, more unnecessary drama and extended love triangles, dumb scenes. That is what happend to MG2, and I rather it end short and sweet instead of long and draggy.

I really want to see the lil kid!
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Zhejiang TV station has just started to air the new HSDS and the first episode already garnered high ratings at more than 5 points. According to this article (link below), after Ady's ZM appeared proper, ratings shot up to 6.6 points which is the highest rating score for the TV station this year.

http://yule.sohu.com/20091111/n268128522.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    I dont think the series will end at 12 episodes, which is considered quite short. A typical Taiwanese idol series has an average of 17-20 eps. Usually there will be more episodes if the ratings are very gd. Although AC has been holding on to the top spot ever since its 1st episode, the overall rating figures are not really fantastic. Nonetheless, it seems to be doing well on the whole, considering that it has 2 strong competitors- "Momo Love" and "Hi My Sweetheart"- airing during the same time slot.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Zhejiang TV station has just started to air the new HSDS and the first episode already garnered high ratings at more than 5 points. According to this article (link below), after Ady's ZM appeared proper, ratings shot up to 6.6 points which is the highest rating score for the TV station this year.
    Wow, thanks for the news sunnysnow. I am glad the series is getting such high ratings since I thought people didn't care anymore about HSDS anymore. Really happy that Ady's appearance garnered up so many points too. I guess Ady is really on her way to A-list but yea I still hope she will continue to work in series and not focus too much on movies when she is really in the A-list.

Ady's recently started working on a new mainland wartime movie titled "Chang De Da Xue Zhan". She plays the female lead, a wartime nurse who's love interest takes the form of a soldier character, played by lead actor, Yuan Wen Kang.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2009-11-21/U2519P28T3D2778854F346DT20091121001031.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2009-11-21/U2519P28T3D2778865F346DT20091121001109.JPG')

More pics and info: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2009-11-20/19182778655.shtml

Wise Fool

Ady's recently started working on a new mainland wartime movie titled "Chang De Da Xue Zhan". She plays the female lead, a wartime nurse who's love interest takes the form of a soldier character, played by lead actor, Yuan Wen Kang.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2009-11-21/U2519P28T3D2778854F346DT20091121001031.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2009-11-21/U2519P28T3D2778865F346DT20091121001109.JPG')

More pics and info: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2009-11-20/19182778655.shtml
    OOoOOooo interesting. Isn't ady also in the new journey to the west and the water margin? She sure is getting a lot of fame now.

Quote Originally Posted by icrayray View Post
    OOoOOooo interesting. Isn't ady also in the new journey to the west and the water margin? She sure is getting a lot of fame now.
    Yeap, but she's only playing supporting characters in JTTW and WM so she probably doesn't need to spend much time filming her scenes in those 2. I wonder whether she has completed filming for "Autumn's Concerto".

Wise Fool

In a recent interview, Ady mentions that she has completed her scenes for ep 10 of "Next Stop, Happiness" and the entire filming process is scheduled to end by mid December. Which probably means that the series won't have many more episodes to the go (probably less than 15). Which is somewhat surprising cause I thought they'd extend the series, given that the ratings have been increasing steadily with each episode.

In response to comments that her rising popularity in Taiwan might overshadow Chen Qiao En's, Ady replies that Qiao En is her very good friend and she doesn't want to compete with the latter, whom she thinks is still SEETV's "Yi Jie" (big sis/top actress). In fact, she always calls Qiao En "Yi Jie" in real life and reveals that Qiao En has a big part to play in her acting in "Next Stop, Happiness". Last year, Ady was offered roles in "Fated to Love You" and "My Queen" but had to turn it down as she was busy with her mainland projects. As she missed Taiwan, she wanted to take a break from mainland productions and Qiao En was the one who introduced the NSH project and director to her.

As for "Water Margin Affairs" and "Journey to the West", Ady reveals that she'll only start filming her scenes next year. Besides NSH, she also accepted the female lead in a new mainland movie where she plays a wartime nurse in search of her lover.

Full article here: http://cjsb.cnxianzai.com/yule/2009/1123/169362.html

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by icrayray
    I love ady's ZM from beginning to end but I've heard people on other forums saying she's not pretty enough for ZM or she's only pretty at times and how they lost interest when she fell in love with ZWJ.
    Sometimes it seems like people are not liking ZM because they are HR fans and ZM's character is definitely compatible to HR.
    If a lead's looks had to cater to everyone's ideal of "prettiness" or "beauty", no one would ever make a decision on which actress should play the role.

Yeah, I've heard that too...that appreciation for ZM changed after she fell in love with ZWJ. Honestly, I don't think Ady as ZM changed all that much after she hooked up with ZWJ...anyhow, being in a relationship, giving up one's command and birthright (a royal one at that) would entail some sort of change/adaptation.

Whether it be a fictional or non-fictional progression, I would find it unrealistic if ZM did not change at all.

The only thing I find common between HR and ZM is that they're both women. Yes, they are both independent and intelligent, but each quality is reflected very differently in their personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Of course, there are netizens who either dislike or are unimpressed by Ady’s ZM (most of them are fans of the previous ZMs, ZZR fans or Ady haters) but from what Im seeing, majority of netizens are pretty impressed by her performance and find her portrayal of character most accurate to the novel. The response to her performance is a total contrast to the initial responses she got when she was first cast as the character (many netizens were not confident of her abilities then and found her unsuitable as ZM).
    It didn't help that rumours of ZJZ felt the same way about having Ady play ZM...until after her fine performance that is.

Bias and irrationality is very human, but I have as yet not found one Chinese forum (including Baidu) that has offered rational arguments to support their views. Disregarding Ady's or future portrayals of ZMs in favour of a personal bias for an actress who plays the same role, IMHO, isn't really giving the chance nor respect for a new portrayal. To hate Ady's role as ZM because of being a ZZR supporter reflects an overwhelming preoccupation with fiction - sort of fallen out of the literary/media critical loop there. As to Ady haters...why on Earth such people would watch anything with their object of hate is beyond me. Almost a bit contraindicating, if not masochistic if you ask me.

I dont think the series will end at 12 episodes, which is considered quite short. A typical Taiwanese idol series has an average of 17-20 eps. Usually there will be more episodes if the ratings are very gd.
    I can't imagine AC can continue beyond the limited number of episodes because Ady obviously has other filming commitments. It's going to be very tiresome for her to fly back and forth from China to Taiwan if she has to handle Water Margin, Journey to the West, a longer AC, and to top it off, that new wartime film she is also doing. If Ady had no other films, I would think it realistic that SETTV could extend AC considering its popularity, but I definitely find that of a low probability considering Ady is the main actress and she has to fly off for other filming.

By the way, Ady is too cute as that nurse. I can't decide if the guy comes across as young or old. English Patient no?

Ady and Qiao En are so chummy, I think media just have nothing better to stir up except the old 'competition' story. It's a bit sad when media assumes there is not one jot of rationalism in the public mind to see through half-baked and repetitive propaganda vices.

Anyway, Ady likes working in China. I can't see firm grounds for competition, because they essentially work on different 'grounds'. So, the 'competition' theory is a moot point anyway.

Hi, Ady fans!!^^ Just would like to know, if Ady has ever act in normal romantic comedy (TV drama/wide-screen movie)? Can you recommend one? I'd really like to see Ady in a romantic comedy

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it seem Ady doesn't do much wide-screen movies? I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Hi, Ady fans!!^^ Just would like to know, if Ady has ever act in normal romantic comedy (TV drama/wide-screen movie)? Can you recommend one? I'd really like to see Ady in a romantic comedy

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it seem Ady doesn't do much wide-screen movies? I wonder why?
    The most recent romantic comedy she's done is "Super Mates"
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Super_Mates

The other one, "Singles Dormitory" was way back when she was still a newcomer
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Singles_Dormitory

Ady's only filmed 1 or 2 movies, the most recognizable one being "Karate Girls" which also starred Ariel Lin. Presumably because she isn't very well-known in Taiwan until recently (with the fame garnered from "Autumn's Concerto") and has been building her popularity in mainland by taking on many TV series in the recent years. Ever since signing on with HY Brothers however, she's starting to get more and more recognized and is currently filming her first mainland movie.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Yeah, I've heard that too...that appreciation for ZM changed after she fell in love with ZWJ. Honestly, I don't think Ady as ZM changed all that much after she hooked up with ZWJ...anyhow, being in a relationship, giving up one's command and birthright (a royal one at that) would entail some sort of change/adaptation.

Whether it be a fictional or non-fictional progression, I would find it unrealistic if ZM did not change at all.
    I actually find ZM's "abandonment of her family and roots" less annoying and disagreeable in this particular adaption and i supposed its because this adaptation hardly showed the close ties ZM had with her family, especially her father who is supposed to love and dote on her dearly. ZM seems rather detached from her family in this version which made her "abandonment" somewhat less significant when compared to the previous versions. I guess ZM's family and background scenes were mostly cut out from the final product due to the lack of screen time.

Bias and irrationality is very human, but I have as yet not found one Chinese forum (including Baidu) that has offered rational arguments to support their views. Disregarding Ady's or future portrayals of ZMs in favour of a personal bias for an actress who plays the same role, IMHO, isn't really giving the chance nor respect for a new portrayal. To hate Ady's role as ZM because of being a ZZR supporter reflects an overwhelming preoccupation with fiction - sort of fallen out of the literary/media critical loop there. As to Ady haters...why on Earth such people would watch anything with their object of hate is beyond me. Almost a bit contraindicating, if not masochistic if you ask me.
    The HSDS Baidu forum is really quite ludicrous imo. Mostly due to the constant ZM vs ZZR squabbles and the ardent ZZR fans who make really outrageous and amusingly weird analyses to justify ZZR's wrongdoings and proclaiming her as a heroine of sorts.

I can't imagine AC can continue beyond the limited number of episodes because Ady obviously has other filming commitments. It's going to be very tiresome for her to fly back and forth from China to Taiwan if she has to handle Water Margin, Journey to the West, a longer AC, and to top it off, that new wartime film she is also doing. If Ady had no other films, I would think it realistic that SETTV could extend AC considering its popularity, but I definitely find that of a low probability considering Ady is the main actress and she has to fly off for other filming.
    Filming for AC has officially ended last week and there's said to be either 15 or 17 episodes in all for this series. Though wiki-d lists the total no. of episodes at 13.

Wise Fool

The most recent romantic comedy she's done is "Super Mates"
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Super_Mates

The other one, "Singles Dormitory" was way back when she was still a newcomer
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Singles_Dormitory
    Thank you!! Between those two, which one do you think have a better storyline? Oh, I see Dou Zhi Kong's name in "Singles" (I like him too^^), was Ady's character paired up with him?

Ady attending a fashion event couple of days ago and looking very hot and stylish:
    http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2009/12/11/3069821.html

She also reveals that ZJZ was not pleased with the costume for her character in the new JTTW and has ordered for the costume to be re-done. Her character, Bai Gu Jing's image will probably be ready and revealed to audiences by the end of this month.

On a side note, Ady has also just completed filming for her first mainland movie.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Thank you!! Between those two, which one do you think have a better storyline? Oh, I see Dou Zhi Kong's name in "Singles" (I like him too^^), was Ady's character paired up with him?
    I've watched the whole of "Singles Dorm" and less than half of "Super mates" and sad to say, I don't like both series. Just am not a fan of silly comical farce though I have to say that SD has a more coherent storyline as compared to SM, which has a plot that is out-of-this-world (and not in a good way).

And no, Ady's character is not paired up with Bobby Dou in SD. She's paired up with Lee Wei's character.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 12-13-09 at 12:27 PM.

Wise Fool

Ady attending a fashion event couple of days ago and looking very hot and stylish:
    http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2009/12/11/3069821.html

She also reveals that ZJZ was not pleased with the costume for her character in the new JTTW and has ordered for the costume to be re-done. Her character, Bai Gu Jing's image will probably be ready and revealed to audiences by the end of this month.
    =o costumes for JTTW, can't wait. Hope ady gets some nice costumes this time

I'm not the biggest fan of JTTW, but I can't wait to see Ady's costumes! I don't think she'll have outrageous headpieces here, right? I'd actually like it to be simple than elaborate.

I've watched the whole of "Singles Dorm" and less than half of "Super mates" and sad to say, I don't like both series. Just am not a fan of silly comical farce though I have to say that SD has a more coherent storyline as compared to SM, which has a plot that is out-of-this-world (and not in a good way).
    I think I saw about two episodes of Singles Dormitory and I gave up. The storyline seemed to be getting nowhere (but then again, it was only the 2nd episode).

As for Super Mates: the beginning was very silly, and Ady looked gorgeous (this was probably the series where we got to see all of Ady's different hair styles and clothing attire) but it did become draggy and unrealistic. At certain points, it was like a modern soap opera with the silly melancholy music and the dramatic love story with a tidal wave of obstacles. I skipped around the middle parts, and then to the ending, just because I'm the type of person who'd go crazy without knowing how something ends.

Promoting HSDS in Taiwan recently:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/p/2009-12-26/U1702P28T3D2824831F326DT20091226154454.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/p/2009-12-26/U1702P28T3D2824831F329DT20091226154454.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/p/2009-12-26/U1702P28T3D2824831F328DT20091226154454.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/p/2009-12-26/U1702P28T3D2824831F358DT20091226154454.jpg')

Credits: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/p/2009-12...42824831.shtml

In China to promote "Suo Qing Qiu" with co-stars:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://enjoy.eastday.com/e/20091224/images/01656360.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://enjoy.eastday.com/e/20091224/images/01656363.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20091224/Img269180228.jpg')

More images here:
    http://enjoy.eastday.com/e/20091224/u1a4902462.html
    http://yule.sohu.com/20091224/n269180227.shtml

Wise Fool