Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

i still dont like the look (especially the hair - what is this, anime?)

Another interview with Ady and Shu Qi, but again, seems to be more centered on Shu Qi

The host asks Ady about the scandal with Barbie Hsu (大S) and her hubby Wang Shao Fei (汪小菲). Ady firmly states that she and WSF are only friends, have a brother-sister relationship, and she has never loved him in the romantic sense. When the host asked Ady if she and WSF would have gotten together, Ady stated that she's known WSF for 5 years already, so if they had liked each other romantically, they would have gotten together a long time ago. Ady also repeats that she was the one who introduced 大S to WSF at her birthday party, which we all knew already.

The girls talk about their roles in "If You Are The One 2" and footage from the movie are shown.

I wonder how Ady felt during the whole interview during "Kang Xi Lai Le". She must have felt pretty awkward and uncomfortable since the host, Dee Hsu (commonly known as "Small S") is Barbie's younger sister.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I wonder how Ady felt during the whole interview during "Kang Xi Lai Le". She must have felt pretty awkward and uncomfortable since the host, Dee Hsu (commonly known as "Small S") is Barbie's younger sister.
    Oh, the host is really Barbie's sister? I did hear the other host calling her 小S, and I wondered if that was the younger sister, but I just didn't think she resembled Barbie Hsu that much! (I actually haven't seen 小S in anything prior to this interview, so that's probably why I didn't make the connection right away!)

But wow, yeah, wonder what Ady was going through! LOL. Anyway, the scandal really should have fizzled down already. Ady's make it very clear they're just buddies.

Well, I don't think it should be too awkward if their really isn't anything going on and the scandal didn't affect their friendship.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

there should be no awkwardness moment since Ady is not guilty of anything and I'm sure Dee knows that.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/anyixuan/vklWX.jpg'), '')

I've been watching Terracotta Warrior recently and so far, the first quarter has been pretty entertaining, provided that one can stomach drastic historical alterations. My impression of Ady's character is mixed- at times, she's downright tiresome and her childishness/recklessness really gets on my nerves (think a more annoying and less matured and intelligent version of Zhao Min) but on the other hand, some of the things she does are so silly and absurd to the point of hilarity. I'm at the part where Ady's character is still in the Qin dynasty and I hope her character changes when the series enters the next two generations (though judging from the trailer, it seems like she still remains loud and silly for her next two lives).

Wise Fool

I've been watching Terracotta Warrior recently and so far, the first quarter has been pretty entertaining, provided that one can stomach drastic historical alterations. My impression of Ady's character is mixed- at times, she's downright tiresome and her childishness/recklessness really gets on my nerves (think a more annoying and less matured and intelligent version of Zhao Min) but on the other hand, some of the things she does are so silly and absurd to the point of hilarity. I'm at the part where Ady's character is still in the Qin dynasty and I hope her character changes when the series enters the next two generations (though judging from the trailer, it seems like she still remains loud and silly for her next two lives).
    Her character does get pretty immaturely reckless at times, but I think she does mature up a little later on. Her counterpart, Meng Tianfang, however takes over the annoying role with his hypocritical loyalty crap. I'm glad his character changes for his next two lives.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Oddly, both of the guys get major personality make-overs(hell, Qin Shihuang gets an actor change), but the two girls' personality somehow remain somewhat similar.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-04-11 at 07:25 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6b6eeef1tw6deamrqj1u5j.jpg')

Awww, thank you swtanzlaydee for the banner. All of those pictures sum up all of the Ady's roles over the years. She was smiling in pretty much all of the shots.

Yeah, and unlike many of her peers, Ady doesn't seem to have aged much over the last 8 years (since "The Outsiders" in 2004). In fact, she seems to be looking better and classier over the years and can easily pass off for someone in her mid 20s when she's actually passed 30. Plus, the pics remind me of her versatile an actress she is, with roles ranging from sweet, gentle and innocent to loud, bratty and sassy to calm, matured and strong-willed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Her character does get pretty immaturely reckless at times, but I think she does mature up a little later on. Her counterpart, Meng Tianfang, however takes over the annoying role with his hypocritical loyalty crap. I'm glad his character changes for his next two lives.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Oddly, both of the guys get major personality make-overs(hell, Qin Shihuang gets an actor change), but the two girls' personality somehow remain somewhat similar.
    Thanks for the info! Hmm, I stopped at ep 17 (or was it ep 18?) a week or so ago (shortly after the series enters the 1930s) mainly because I find the story not very enticing and exciting after the first quarter. I think Ady and Du Chun lack chemistry and seem a little odd together; it's not that they look bad as a couple but somehow, they don't have any "spark", something which I also felt when watching Ady paired with Tian Liang in "Niu Lang Zhi Nu". Perhaps I'll go back and finish Terracotta Warrior again when I'm in the mood and have nothing else better to watch.

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4827a92djw6deazvtqxoqj.jpg')

Yeah, and unlike many of her peers, Ady doesn't seem to have aged much over the last 8 years (since "The Outsiders" in 2004). In fact, she seems to be looking better and classier over the years and can easily pass off for someone in her mid 20s when she's actually passed 30. Plus, the pics remind me of her versatile an actress she is, with roles ranging from sweet, gentle and innocent to loud, bratty and sassy to calm, matured and strong-willed.
    she's 30-something?! really? wow. i never would've guessed by just looking at her. she really hasn't changed at all; if anything, i find her prettier now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    she's 30-something?! really? wow. i never would've guessed by just looking at her. she really hasn't changed at all; if anything, i find her prettier now.
    wiwi exaggerates. She just turned 30 in sept. But yes, I agree that she looks pretty much the same as she did 10 years ago...

wiwi exaggerates. She just turned 30 in sept. But yes, I agree that she looks pretty much the same as she did 10 years ago...
    OH. lol. still though..haha

Well, she is going to turn 31 in another 6 months time

Wise Fool

Well, she is going to turn 31 in another 6 months time
    my love, it'll only be august in 6 months
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-14-11 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks for the info! Hmm, I stopped at ep 17 (or was it ep 18?) a week or so ago (shortly after the series enters the 1930s) mainly because I find the story not very enticing and exciting after the first quarter. I think Ady and Du Chun lack chemistry and seem a little odd together; it's not that they look bad as a couple but somehow, they don't have any "spark", something which I also felt when watching Ady paired with Tian Liang in "Niu Lang Zhi Nu". Perhaps I'll go back and finish Terracotta Warrior again when I'm in the mood and have nothing else better to watch.
    By the last 1/3 or so of the Qin story arc, I was forcing myself to watch. Same thing. I felt Ady/Du Chun just weren't making me feel for them. It got better after the Meng Tianfang/Dong'er story ended. I actually quite liked watching the modern part the most, which surprised me. Du Chun's modern reincarnation is much more interesting than Meng Tianfang.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

For those of you interested, in the New Water Margin, Ady's character appears around episode 72/73. If anything, Yan Kuan still always pretty to look at (and he's not playing some sly evil plotter this time)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    By the last 1/3 or so of the Qin story arc, I was forcing myself to watch. Same thing. I felt Ady/Du Chun just weren't making me feel for them. It got better after the Meng Tianfang/Dong'er story ended. I actually quite liked watching the modern part the most, which surprised me. Du Chun's modern reincarnation is much more interesting than Meng Tianfang.
    I thought the middle of the Qin story arc was pretty draggy. It was about how Meng Tianfang is a piece of dumb wood and Mei Ji plotting away in vain. However, I think overall the basic story of the Qin arc is still more interesting than the 1930s arc. Heck, the entire 1930s arc was about nothing especially since they "changed" Meng Tianfang into Lan Tian--which kind of defeated the premise of the show. By the time they got to the modern generation, it was like watching an entirely different show. Though I do agree that it was actually pretty interesting (surprisingly). The plot moved a lot faster with a semi-suspense element.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-16-11 at 06:47 PM.

Nice pictures swtaznlaydee!

For those of you interested, in the New Water Margin, Ady's character appears around episode 72/73. If anything, Yan Kuan still always pretty to look at (and he's not playing some sly evil plotter this time)
    Does she only appear in 2 episodes?