Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 51101141142143144145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3056

Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    This is such an amusing gif! Look at Ady's expression at the end...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/vr6kyh.gif')
    Lol...ady has really beautiful eyes...And they are so expressive too.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    This is such an amusing gif! Look at Ady's expression at the end...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/vr6kyh.gif')
    lol. that was probably the only worthwhile scene out of that entire arc

it was quite a classic quote, though

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7165df7dgw1dldfoa5uonj.jpg')

Ady happy birthday. 月如,生日快乐 永远的幸福

Happy b'day Ady! She seems very quiet recently, haven't heard about her working on anything major for quite a while. Apparently she took a break to go on holiday to Paris a few months back.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Belated Happy Birthday Princess Ady!!

She's working on her new film Saving General Yang; her role would be the wife of Wu Chun, the only son out of 7 who survived the bloody war. And another film with KangTa, a korean singer/actor but I think it won't push through due to some reasons.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/anyixuan/vklWX.jpg'), '')

Yep, she did take a mini vacation. She also chopped off her hair (or was it trimmed?) for her new role.

Yes, she'll be playing Princess Chai in the upcoming Yang's Clan/Warrior film [忠烈杨家将]. Frankly, not too fond of Wu Zun, and since it's supposed to be a bloody/war epic, I doubt the girls will have that much screentime anyway. Although I always did like the princess character
    Last edited by Creme de la top; 09-30-11 at 10:51 AM.

^ OH! she's in the new yang warriors film? she's playing wu chun's wife? wowwww they would just make a RIDICULOUSLY attractive couple...i'm actually kinda excited now!

That's great news. I did not realize that she had something big wrapped inder her belt.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Oooh, I really liked Princess Chai + 6 Lang in the Hu Ge version of Yang Warriors...I was not excited at all about the Yang Warriors movie before but it'd be cool to see Ady in that role!

I don't think she'll have a prominent role though. I think the mass majority of the screentime is going to go to the 7 brothers and daddy yang

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I don't think she'll have a prominent role though. I think the mass majority of the screentime is going to go to the 7 brothers and daddy yang
    True, there doesn't even seem to be a "main lead" in the movie because screentime will probably be so split up between the many actors. But, it's always good to have a pretty decent role (even if small screentime) in such a high-profile movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    But, it's always good to have a pretty decent role (even if small screentime) in such a high-profile movie.
    Yes. Much better than random 3rd rated movies .

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/61661701gw1dm2pxoo3hzj.jpg')

Hey do you know where that Ady pic is from? (I know it's a fan-made poster--really well-made btw--but what series is the Ady one of? I love her costume + styling there!)

Hey do you know where that Ady pic is from? (I know it's a fan-made poster--really well-made btw--but what series is the Ady one of? I love her costume + styling there!)
    If I recall correctly, it's from "The Great Revival" where she plays Xi Shi.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's from "The Great Revival" where she plays Xi Shi.
    Ohhhh, thanks! She looks really lovely. Actually I've liked all the actresses who played the 4 beauties most recently: Ady as Xi Shi, Yang Mi as Wang Zhaojun, FBB as Yang Guifei, and Chen Hao as Diao Chan. Great casting for all of them imo. (Although, I haven't actually seen any of those series in full...)

Have you watched "Great Revival"? Wondering if her role is significant or if she has just a "flower vase" role...Xi Shi seems to be the least famous of the 4 beauties for some reason so I don't have a major impression of what role she played in her story. (I seem to remember it being similar to Diao Chan's story but I may be mistaken...)

Have you watched "Great Revival"? Wondering if her role is significant or if she has just a "flower vase" role...Xi Shi seems to be the least famous of the 4 beauties for some reason so I don't have a major impression of what role she played in her story. (I seem to remember it being similar to Diao Chan's story but I may be mistaken...)
    I watched some parts but didn't finish it. Ady's role is soso and mostly just flower vase (with some determination etc.) which is expected of a character like Xi Shi. If you prefer beauty and brains, you should watch Ady in the recent "Shui Hu Zhuan" (Water Margin). She plays the beautiful, intelligent, haughty but elegant courtesan, Li Shishi, and though she only appeared in a couple of episodes, her performance was a very memorable one. (plus she's paired with Yan Kuan!)

About the 4 beauties though, Xi Shi is actually (arguably) the most famous of the 4 imo. I think most people would immediately think of Xi Shi when the 4 beauties are mentioned and there's even a idiom with her name in it "情人眼里出西施" (Qing Ren Yan Li Chu Xi Shi)- basically means when a guy is in love, no matter how ordinary or unattractive the girl is to others, to him, she is as beautiful and perfect as Xi Shi. And yes, her story is somewhat similar to Dian Chan in that they both used "美人计" (beauty as a strategy) to cause the downfall of the enemy.

Wise Fool

Yea, I see Xishi get referenced more than the other three in literature and pop culture (and I'm not an expert on chinese literature, so if i've heard of those references, it must be pretty common ).

In any case, Xishi is almost the prototype of beauties who caused "destruction of an empire (倾国)" (along with the likes of Daji and Baosi). Like Diaochan, she was sent by the enemy to cause destruction, but Diaochan only caused the rift between sworn father and son, and Lu Bu's loss was attributed to his stupidity. Xishi directly caused King Fuchai, who was originally a strong and capable ruler, to ignore his duties as King--which eventually led to the fall of his kingdom--hence she had a more active hand in the destruction.

I actually think the one that gets forgotton most is Wang Zhaojun...which happens to be the only one who is seen in a positive light, as she had a role in maintaining peace rather than causing destruction. Goes to show how the Chinese likes to portray their women (Xishi, Diaochan, and Yang Guifei can go join the pool party with Eve, Pandora, and Helen)

On another note, while Xishi wasn't the most interesting of Ady's characters, she certainly is nice to look at in fanmade posters and MVs . Though in the poster above, I'm not sure what the love triangle is suppose to be. Wallace and Hu Ge fighting over Ady...or Ady and Wallace fighting over Hu Ge?? It looks like Wallace is taking Hu Ge by the hand and eloping, while Ady is marching with authority looks angry that somebody stole her "concubine"... Or are they a happy threesome?
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 10-18-11 at 06:57 PM.

I guess when I said "famous", I was more referring to the TV dramas/movies made about the 4 beauties--there seem to be more onscreen projects revolving around the other 3 than Xi Shi?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Though in the poster above, I'm not sure what the love triangle is suppose to be. Wallace and Hu Ge fighting over Ady...or Ady and Wallace fighting over Hu Ge?? It looks like Wallace is taking Hu Ge away and eloping, while Ady looks angry that somebody stole her "concubine"... Or are they a happy threesome?
    Bwahaha...now that you mention it, Wallace/Hu Ge do seem to be really happy together!