Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    hey crazylife123, thanks for your effort in posting ady pics but i cant view them and neither can others cause i think u directly hotlinked from asianfanatics, which is not allowed, they are very uptighty when it comes to hotlinking pics and all. you'll have to save those pics somewhere like photobucket or yahoo it u wanna post.
    really...i did not know that...i'll just take them down and I'll fix the link.

Okay done...i hope the photos/links work now. Click on the photo to get a bigger/better view.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 08-05-05 at 12:19 PM.

ady is not a super great actress but she has some there that looks to be getting better and better. also she has a nice look about her and she has charisma. ok, what i'm trying to say is that she's one of the few chinese/taiwanese actresses that i like to watch.

i've seen her in The Outsiders and thought she was pretty good and in Chinese Paladin and thought she was great. for some reason i seem to not really like the male leads in both dramas...their only ok but very good looking. i also thought that she was better (more charismatic) than lyf altho both are extremely pretty. my mom like lyf's looks better.

i hope ady choose good projects in the future because that's what keeps you a star.

newho, has anyone played the translated version of the game yet?

i think she looks really cute in these two pics (and the other pics that were already posted in earlier posts).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/thegrudgepremier.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/ady.jpg')
    Last edited by vanggirlie; 08-07-05 at 02:51 AM.

[QUOTE=vanggirlie]ady is not a super great actress but she has some there that looks to be getting better and better. also she has a nice look about her and she has charisma. ok, what i'm trying to say is that she's one of the few chinese/taiwanese actresses that i like to watch.

i've seen her in The Outsiders and thought she was pretty good and in Chinese Paladin and thought she was great. for some reason i seem to not really like the male leads in both dramas...their only ok but very good looking. i also thought that she was better (more charismatic) than lyf altho both are extremely pretty. my mom like lyf's looks better.

i hope ady choose good projects in the future because that's what keeps you a star.

i think she looks really cute in these two pics (and the other pics that were already posted in earlier posts).

Just like your mother...my mother think Liu Yi Fei looks better than Ady and I agree with both of them. IMO, LYF looks better than Ady. Plus, I know LYF will get more leading roles than Ady. However, I don't mind Ady getting the leadings roles because she looks good too.

Quote Originally Posted by vanggirlie
    ady is not a super great actress but she has some there that looks to be getting better and better. also she has a nice look about her and she has charisma. ok, what i'm trying to say is that she's one of the few chinese/taiwanese actresses that i like to watch.

yes, i think ady is quite a talented actress, she's not very experienced but somehow, i dont sense any awkwardness or rawness in her acting, considering that she's relatively new to the screen. i think that lyf's looks are somehow more unique thn ady's and i find her prettier but ady has that extra that draws me to her more. plus, i think she has ALOT of charisma on screen, its not easy to attract attention onscreen if you're not a familiar face but ady has done it.

and yes, i also hope that ady makes wise choices on projects which will groom her up even more. she's has already broken into the mainland market with chinese paladin and hopefully will become even more recognised after DHTZ3. she'll make it big if she's successful in mainland.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

somehow..everyone thinks that LYF is prettier than Ady..I myself have diff. stream of thoughts . I personally thinks that Ady is prettier. I know that everyone says to give LYF a chance b/c she's new but the true is she's been around since she's 15 and her acting is still very i don't know.. As far as Ady she's just broke into the film industry since these last 2 years. I think she's has a great talent for acting. Having seeing her in the Outsider. Being her first or what ever series. She's awesome. I did not like any characters that LYF plays. She annoys the heck of me in the series with jimmy. I know that she's pretty but takes on too many boring roles..

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007
    somehow..everyone thinks that LYF is prettier than Ady..I myself have diff. stream of thoughts . I personally thinks that Ady is prettier. I know that everyone says to give LYF a chance b/c she's new but the true is she's been around since she's 15 and her acting is still very i don't know.. As far as Ady she's just broke into the film industry since these last 2 years. I think she's has a great talent for acting. Having seeing her in the Outsider. Being her first or what ever series. She's awesome. I did not like any characters that LYF plays. She annoys the heck of me in the series with jimmy. I know that she's pretty but takes on too many boring roles..
    LYF probably start with the entertainment industry a year earlier than Ady. However, LYF is much younger than Ady. LYF 18 years old...Ady 21 years old. The older you are the more experience and mature you are. LYF is still a kid but she has improve on each series. She did improve in Chinese Paladin from Tian Long Ba Bu. The biggest roles she have now is ROCH 2005. If she could do a good job in this role, maybe then people will give her more respect on her acting. Then again, people will hate her anyways because she's young and look good and that's the honest truth.

People like Ady because she play the heroic roles while LYF plays the helpless maiden in need of a prince role. However, LYF will get more leading roles than Ady because LYF have the leading roles looks. I have nothing against Ady. She's a good actress but LYF will get more leadings roles.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 08-09-05 at 03:24 PM.

I just start to watch blazing courage she was so pertty...I can see her acting has been improve since outsider... and her role in blazing courage really fit her I think..she look really good as news reader....
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

i think both ady and lyf are nice to look at because both are so cute and good looking.

i've read from another forum that ady has a bad temper...any truth in that?

Looks like this might turn into another case of actress rivalry. Both actresses are leading lady material. Even if LYF was hyped up in Chinese Paladin, screen time was roughly equal for both. Ady starred in Outsiders I and II, and a slew of series she's working on now. LYF stars in ROCH (her role in TLBB can't really be called a real leading role), and whatever series come after it. Both have starred in other, smaller profile movies/series. Etc etc. Both are young (btw: LYF is 19 this year, based from xinhua, which is a reputable newspaper source), and are about equal when it comes to overall comparison (LYF more unique look, Ady better acting), and both have ample room and time to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei
    Looks like this might turn into another case of actress rivalry. Both actresses are leading lady material. Even if LYF was hyped up in Chinese Paladin, screen time was roughly equal for both. Ady starred in Outsiders I and II, and a slew of series she's working on now. LYF stars in ROCH (her role in TLBB can't really be called a real leading role), and whatever series come after it. Both have starred in other, smaller profile movies/series. Etc etc. Both are young (btw: LYF is 19 this year, based from xinhua, which is a reputable newspaper source), and are about equal when it comes to overall comparison (LYF more unique look, Ady better acting), and both have ample room and time to improve.

that's true that both has improved and probably will...because i was expecting lyf to be horrible in chinese paladin (first i've seen her onscreen) but she was actually ok. also ady was so much better in chinese paladin than in outsiders...overall i'd have to say that ady improvement is most visible but i still like looking/watching at both gals.

i really don't know if i like lyf as an actress because i've never seen any of her stuff except for chinese paladin but i'm keeping an open mind since i don't think she was horrible in that one. i love ady tho.

Just like with old rivalry (Alyssa vs GYY) ...If Alyssa and GYY star in a new series, Alyssa will be pick to be the leading roles. If LYF and Ady star in a new series, LYF will be pick to be the leading roles. It'll happen 9/10 times.

That's not a really good comparison, seeing as Alyssa has several years more in the ent. circle than GYY, who made the breakthrough in the past few years.

Future series are unpredictable, but so far, both girls have mainly leading roles, and again, in Chinese Paladin, LYF is certainly not the only actress in a leading role. Ady's role in the series was just as important and prominent as LYF's.

That's not a really good comparison, seeing as Alyssa has several years more in the ent. circle than GYY, who made the breakthrough in the past few years.

Future series are unpredictable, but so far, both girls have mainly leading roles, and again, in Chinese Paladin, LYF is certainly not the only actress in a leading role. Ady's role in the series was just as important and prominent as LYF's.
    You could say that's a bad example...let me use another example. If they were to do a remake of Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber...LYF will play Alyssa's roles while Ady will play GYY's roles. Most likely that'll happen.

Lol, on the contrary, I would say the opposite. LYF right now is typecasted, in all her series, for a certain role; sweet, innocent, girl next door etc. After her role in ROCH, she *might* upgrade her reputation to that of a possibly cold, innocent girl.
    HSDS's Zhao Min was certainly not this type of character.

Casting does not depend on which actress is more "high profile", it depends on whether the director feels they can pull off the role. If HSDS were suddenly to be remade again, Ady would get Alyssa's role, and if anything, LYF would get ZZR's since the role would have more coldish, innocentish (in the beginning of HSDS) and limited expressions, which are the kind of roles LYF has been gravitating towards in all her series.

But again, HSDS itself might not be even a good example, since Alyssa and GYY were considered to be both leading ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Just like with old rivalry (Alyssa vs GYY) ...If Alyssa and GYY star in a new series, Alyssa will be pick to be the leading roles. If LYF and Ady star in a new series, LYF will be pick to be the leading roles. It'll happen 9/10 times.
    im not so sure abt that now, with alyssa's absence frm the screen due to her pregnancy and stuff. and furthermore, gyy's even more recognized now due to her meaty role in the successful "QingHong". and like what Tei said, alyssa always lead over gyy in previous series simply cause she entered earlier thn gyy and was more well-known. another good reason is alyssa is typed-casted to play the lovable and adorable character, which is typical of leading roles whereas gyy can play different characters, weak, innocent, evil which differs for 2nd lead actress.

People like Ady because she play the heroic roles while LYF plays the helpless maiden in need of a prince role. However, LYF will get more leading roles than Ady because LYF have the leading roles looks. I have nothing against Ady. She's a good actress but LYF will get more leadings roles.
    i agree that lyf has leading looks but so does ady. if not, she wouldnt have gotten those leading roles that she starred in and is working on now right? it's very difficult to say who will get more leading roles since the furture is unpredictable. yes, lyf is heavily promoted with leading roles now but so is ady.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-10-05 at 08:04 AM.

Wise Fool

Lol, on the contrary, I would say the opposite. LYF right now is typecasted, in all her series, for a certain role; sweet, innocent, girl next door etc. After her role in ROCH, she *might* upgrade her reputation to that of a possibly cold, innocent girl.
    HSDS's Zhao Min was certainly not this type of character.

Casting does not depend on which actress is more "high profile", it depends on whether the director feels they can pull off the role. If HSDS were suddenly to be remade again, Ady would get Alyssa's role, and if anything, LYF would get ZZR's since the role would have more coldish, innocentish (in the beginning of HSDS) and limited expressions, which are the kind of roles LYF has been gravitating towards in all her series.

But again, HSDS itself might not be even a good example, since Alyssa and GYY were considered to be both leading ladies.
    well said. i thought alyssa and gyy were perfect in their roles for hsds, i dont think alyssa could have pulled off zzr as well as gyy and vice versa.

and if lyf and ady were ever to be casted in a remake of hsds, i think many ppl would want ady as zm. zm is a character somewhat similar to ady's yueru in chinese paladin, i highly doubt lyf can manage zm or even zzr for that matter since both characters are rather tough to portray and require good acting skills. lyf however, may be able to portray zzr in the earlier part when she was all gentle and sweet but i dont think she can pull off zzr in the later part when she turns truely evil. (but well, lyf's acting may have improved so much by then..)

another reason which does not prove that lyf may get more leading roles thn ady is versatility. ady is much more versatile thn lyf and can pull off different roles, be it sweet or gentle, weak or innocent, spoilt or outgoing, adorable or smart. one more thing is that i think ady looks great in both modern and period pieces whereas lyf seems to look good only in period pieces. lyf may very well get more leading roles thn ady in period series but not necessarily in modern ones. also, lyf is more popular thn ady in mainland but its the other way round in taiwan, so it may also depend on what productions they make, mainland or taiwan.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-10-05 at 08:23 AM.

Wise Fool

I don't mind Alyssa, GYY, LYF, and Ady shows up in series and movies. In fact, I'm glad they're around. There aren't many actresses/actors I like from TVB production now. I used to enjoy series from TVB but now....I would skip most of the series...the actors are bad and sometime very low budgets. Some people like the actors in TVB but I don't. I still like Hong Kong's actors in movies though not series.

I don't mind Alyssa, GYY, LYF, and Ady shows up in series and movies. In fact, I'm glad they're around. There aren't many actresses/actors I like from TVB production now. I used to enjoy series from TVB but now....I would skip most of the series...the actors are bad and sometime very low budgets. Some people like the actors in TVB but I don't. I still like Hong Kong's actors in movies though not series.

so true...tvb stuff hasn't attracted me in such a long time. i remember one that i like that was only ok....it had leo ku who wanted to be a cop or something. that was back in the 90s. newho, i haven't seen one that i could call my favorite and i haven't seen any for a while...altho i am looking for one.

recommendations would be good.

there's no use of me comparing lyf and ady because i love watching both...altho ady is slightly more my fave but it still doesn't really matter because i look for both dramas and stuff. it also has to do with the plot too...not just the actors.

here's some caps of ady that looks so pretty and cute (i found in another forum but forgot where)...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/PostUpload-16874-2005-2-6-632433091.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/PostUpload-16874-2005-2-4-632430756.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-7inHNPKzg.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-iw2rdGGzMV.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-q2bS5oCnk.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-NfbtKpEoae.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-2Hl6doA8C.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-RkEPh9ECHq.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vanggirlie6/Chinese/Ady%20An%20Yi%20Xuan/1481681-g5VsQarC9g.jpg')

hopefully we are allowed to post all these pics.
    Last edited by vanggirlie; 08-11-05 at 10:45 PM.

Kinda felt bad for the girl in that series. It would be nice to have both ladies to play in the same series again but I highly doubt it.

she's very pretty.

i've never seen her before.

ady kinda look like Barbie Hsu, when she smiles
    一切的一切