Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: king kong 2005

Just for the record: in the original King Kong there were Dinosaurs too. Even a T-Rex!!! (But just one...)

i thought it was a big snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    I saw this and Narnia over the weekend. It was not bad. What I like was the humanity factor. The captain and crew risked their lives to rescue the others time and time again on the island. I kind of expected them to abandon others and run for their lives.
    I thought its cheesy that the captain and his crew saved their butts always in the nick of time. Btw wat killed King kong in the original version? I felt he is kinda weak here.

i guess this film is all about CGI.

Hmmm, so what would the public pay more to see?

A mutated oversized Gorilla? Or a T-Rex?

What would you guys pay more to see?

I was just thinking that with all those dinosaurs on the island, they decided that the ape was worth more $.

its just a sci-fi story.

I saw this movie today and I love it. The beginning was kinda draggy 'cos I wanted Kong to appear but it did pick up after they reached the island.

Those dinosaurs reminded me of Jurassic Park. Those giant insects were pretty scary..

It was so sweet of King Kong for trying to protect Ann in the jungle island.

**SPOILER** The ending was very sad the moment when Kong fell from the Empire States building

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    The captain and crew risked their lives to rescue the others time and time again on the island. I kind of expected them to abandon others and run for their lives.
    me too. I kinda expected that to happen but I also wondered how would King Kong end up in New York without the ship?

It was 3 hours long but it didn't feel like 3 hours, more like 2 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum
    me too. I kinda expected that to happen but I also wondered how would King Kong end up in New York without the ship?

It was 3 hours long but it didn't feel like 3 hours, more like 2 1/2.

yeah i also wonder how they got king kong to NY. i mean, weren't their ship leaking? & i'm sure they've been out at sea for weeks or even a month... so i dunno how they would've gotten fuel.

I thought its cheesy that the captain and his crew saved their butts always in the nick of time. Btw wat killed King kong in the original version? I felt he is kinda weak here.
    i don't remember... but the fact that he died for a human chick was lame. who needs friends anways. (jk) he seem kinda lonely in the movie--- i'm guessing he was the only big monkey in the island & she was his only friend.

Hmmm, so what would the public pay more to see?

A mutated oversized Gorilla? Or a T-Rex?

What would you guys pay more to see?

I was just thinking that with all those dinosaurs on the island, they decided that the ape was worth more $.
    i think they picked the monkey cuz for 1, ppl like me HATE reptiles. at least his furry- less scary. LOL, jk. seriously, i think they captured kong cuz he was lured by Ann & i guess they figure it was easy to tame the beast. with the t-rex & the raptures they wouldn't have much control.... remember jurassic park?!!

I saw this film on the weekend and have to say that I was majorly disappointed by it - except for the awesome effects...

1. It was freakin too long - 3 hours - the first 1/3 of the movie was just major CRAP. I mean what were they trying to do here?? It had no relevance really to the end - other than to show how crazed a producer could go to make a movie production - a self examination of himself as a sly cockroach by Peter Jackson maybe??

2. The 2/3 was just plain crazy and had Peter Jackson written all over it - prehaps he was trying to prove that he is worthy of directing Jurassic Park 4 or something. Yes the battles were great - but the sum of it were just a bunch of dudes that survived a mircale onslaught - funny then how one dude can actually treck through the rough terrain by himself to save Ann from Kong????????????

3. The final 3/3 of the was way under played compared to original. I was expecting more destruction - Kong Kong punching tanks and soldiers to get through Ann. But all there was - was just a couple of dudes on a jeep chasing Kong and then 6 freakin planes firing at hime - how underdone was this part??? It's like trying to kill someone with a "pinkie finger"....

4. I really find it strange how little men could get Kong back to NY on a little boat?? STEAK KNIVES for the script writer's please. A better way to have done it was for Kong to have seen the little men take Anne away on a boat - beat his chest - jump into the water - and start freestyling after them....... Then it would have made more sense and carnage once he arrives in NY to look for Anne...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

For American movies, I find 1 out 20 movies memorable. I think Hollywood is losing their ground.

1) They should stop with the remakes and should be more original. 2004 and 2005 was the year of remakes in my opinion. I find movies on LifeTime, TNT, and Oxygen channel more meaningful than those in the threater.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenNearth
    For American movies, I find 1 out 20 movies memorable. I think Hollywood is losing their ground.
    I don't think is just Hollywood, but every other countries as well. I think writer and directors are finally running out of ideas.
    Jason Wu Jing is HOT!!!

Wu Jing and Anita Yuen Fanfic:
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/JB (Romance)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum

**SPOILER** The ending was very sad the moment when Kong fell from the Empire States building
    I agree, Poor Kong...

I like the movie, got good actress & actors, love the CGI.
    Last edited by chuy605; 12-22-05 at 05:28 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chicgal
    Some people said when King Kong opens, it's going to trump Titanic in term of box office. However it opened on Wedsday, and the opening kind of sucked. lol.

Visit this site!!!
    link
    did you know that Titanic only open for 23 million and do that continuosly more than ten week after that and stayed at number one

Quote Originally Posted by skYskY
    I don't think is just Hollywood, but every other countries as well. I think writer and directors are finally running out of ideas.
    They should hire me.

I don't know about you guys, but foreign films are much better to watch than Hollywood. The only Americans are good at are sci-fi stories.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    did you know that Titanic only open for 23 million and do that continuosly more than ten week after that and stayed at number one
    They make over 2 Billions of dallors world wide, the only movie that ever achieved that much money in the whole movie history..amazing

IMHO...

The CGI during many fight scenes were overplayed, the King Kong vs Dinosaurs fight was too long, overdone, I kept looking at my watch, and most people I talked to think the same way. The people vs bugs fight was also too much and it got really ridicilous. Also.. Naomi Watts would have been dead, running around with barefeet with only thin dress like that, while enduring so many painful, near death experiences escaping monsters, tribal men, tumbles and falls.

The CGI during the Dinosaurs chase scene was also done poorly, the people running and the Dinosaurs didn't blend together nicely, to a point where it got a little bit cartoonish. When the people were running away near the edge of the cliffs you could clearly see that it was CGI, the shadow and color pallette failed to deliver top notch quality such as in LOTR, perhaps because the visual tone was not as dark as LOTR, so the differences were more apparent.

And of course, Naomi Watts would have been froze to death on the top of the Empire State that long wearing that thin dress.

On a positive note, New York scenes during 1930s were breathtaking, and the final scene was great .... amazing what the new technology could do these days.

Lastly, Naomi Watts was nice to look at, she clearly saved the movie. She looks fabulous in 1930s style dresses and her trying to amuse Kong with acrobatic performance was cute and funny.

My Final thought, Peter Jackson went overboard, trying to prove too much to himself.... he should learn that.. LESS IS MORE
    Last edited by Temujin; 12-24-05 at 02:41 AM.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

I very much enjoyed King Kong. I think to in order to appreciate the movie, you have to have a different expectation. This is not untra-realistic like the LOTR trilogy, where it made you a firm believer in the silliest things like elves, dwarves and hobbits. This is a much simpler story, and full of stereotypes and cliches, with characters like the greedy filmmaker, the cowardice action hero, the brave captain, damsel in distress and her knight in shinning armor (though uncharacteristically un-macho looking). Even the silly scenes like the mistaken identity in the cabin, little tap dance to entertain the beast, whirling around in the skate ring constantly reminded us that this is just a fairy tale, not meant to be complicated. The length is a bit long, but it did a very nice job in telling a complete story from introducing all the characters to the final climax and the tragic ending.

and of course, it helps that Naomi Watts is pretty hot looking.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by dan J
    I very much enjoyed King Kong. I think to in order to appreciate the movie, you have to have a different expectation. This is not untra-realistic like the LOTR trilogy, where it made you a firm believer in the silliest things like elves, dwarves and hobbits. This is a much simpler story, and full of stereotypes and cliches, with characters like the greedy filmmaker, the cowardice action hero, the brave captain, damsel in distress and her knight in shinning armor (though uncharacteristically un-macho looking). Even the silly scenes like the mistaken identity in the cabin, little tap dance to entertain the beast, whirling around in the skate ring constantly reminded us that this is just a fairy tale, not meant to be complicated. The length is a bit long, but it did a very nice job in telling a complete story from introducing all the characters to the final climax and the tragic ending.

and of course, it helps that Naomi Watts is pretty hot looking.
    I agree on everything u just said, I personally think this is the best Movie in 2005.$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/chuy605/23_11_611.gif')

I liked this version of "King Kong" but it was WAY too long. What else do you expect from Peter Jackson? He likes to drag his movies on and on. Every scenes could have been shorter, especially the fight with the dinosaurs. What I liked the most was the cast, from Jack Black and the two guys from "The Pianist" to Billy Elliot... oh and Tom Hanks' son is cute .
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?