Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: king kong 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I liked this version of "King Kong" but it was WAY too long. What else do you expect from Peter Jackson? He likes to drag his movies on and on. Every scenes could have been shorter, especially the fight with the dinosaurs. What I liked the most was the cast, from Jack Black and the two guys from "The Pianist" to Billy Elliot... oh and Tom Hanks' son is cute .
    Really?..i actually love the CGI dinosaurs fight, its the most action part of the movie. i think they should made the 1st hr and the half shorter, too much talking.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    Really?..i actually love the CGI dinosaurs fight, its the most action part of the movie. i think they should made the 1st hr and the half shorter, too much talking.
    I like the dinosaur fighting scenes too. I think some of the insects look a bit fake especially those pink worms.

The least memorable part of the movie for me was the beginning. I think it could have been shorter too. I only switched on my mind when they arrived at skull island.

The critics like the beginning and the ending...while the viewer enjoy the middle...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum
    I like the dinosaur fighting scenes too. I think some of the insects look a bit fake especially those pink worms.

The least memorable part of the movie for me was the beginning. I think it could have been shorter too. I only switched on my mind when they arrived at skull island.
    lol..The insects part was kinda nasty specially the round worms. (but that's me i hate insects.)

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    The critics like the beginning and the ending...while the viewer enjoy the middle...LoL
    lol...Will, who's more important the viewers or Critics. The money are coming from the viewers, not the critics.

lol..The insects part was kinda nasty specially the round worms. (but that's me i hate insects.)
    I hate those worms and those giant orange centipedes. apart from that I didn't mind the others too much.

Who said the dinosaur fights should be shorter? Are you nuts? That's the best part of the damn movie!

Anyway I enjoyed it thoroughly and saw it twice at the cinema. Good ending too.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

That's what i'm talking about.

I actually meant the very start of the movie could be a bit shorter hehe

anyway, I heard that they used facial motion capture to make King Kong more touching and emotional when he expressed his emotions. They also used a similar technology on Gollum in The Lord of the Rings.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 01-05-06 at 08:02 PM.

I actually meant the very start of the movie should could be a bit shorter hehe

anyway, I heard that they used facial motion capture to make King Kong more touching and emotional when he expressed his emotions. They also used a similar technology on Gollum in The Lord of the Rings.
    I feel the same, maybe like 35min shorter, instead of 1hr, 30min. Just to slow in the begining.

I guess you're not the type who likes character development.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Who said the dinosaur fights should be shorter? Are you nuts? That's the best part of the damn movie!
    Me! The dino fight was good but repetitive after awhile. I don't think I'm nuts, I was far from being the only one who thinks that it was too long.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

This is a must watch!! So good. The action between Naomi Watts and the gorilla is terrific!! The only thing I find weird is that she seems to LOVE the gorilla soo much more than the other man!! Lol it's funny? It's not normal so that's why it's like a dream which makes the movie even better . Naomi did a great job because it's very hard to talk to computer graphics if think about it? lol? I thought it would end after they shot King Kong at the Island? I mean they extended the movie for like 1 more hour? So much but it had lots of suspense ;D. At least that's what I think? Anyways... I love this movie! I think it's one of the best movie for 2005! !
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 01-31-06 at 07:09 PM.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I hate those worms and those giant orange centipedes. apart from that I didn't mind the others too much.
    Yes, I agree it looked like it was going to go into her mouth YAK! lol but it looks so real ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    This is a must watch!! So good. The action between Naomi Watts and the gorilla is terrific!! The only thing I find weird is that she seems to LOVE the gorilla soo much more than the other man!! Lol it's funny? It's not normal so that's why it's like a dream which makes the movie even better . Naomi did a great job because it's very hard to talk to computer graphics if think about it? lol? I thought it would end after they shot King Kong at the Island? I mean they extended the movie for like 1 more hour? So much but it had lots of suspense ;D. At least that's what I think? Anyways... I love this movie! I think it's one of the best movie for 2005! !
    so its realli good cuz didnt watch it (sis downloaded it thou)
    cuz sis deleted it cuz she thinks its scari GOSH
    n how the hell is it scari

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mouse
    so its realli good cuz didnt watch it (sis downloaded it thou)
    cuz sis deleted it cuz she thinks its scari GOSH
    n how the hell is it scari
    Lol yeah it's really good I didn't find it to be that scary though lol ...?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Lol yeah it's really good I didn't find it to be that scary though lol ...?
    i no
    sis is so weird
    she thinks cartoon ghosts r scari

this movie was ok but seriously why capture a giant gorilla when you can capture a dinosaur? A dinosaur would have been much more valuable since I don't think anyone have seen a living one before.

Actually all the living beings on the island would have been special, not just a giant gorilla.

If I was the director I would have left the dinosaur and the giant insects out of the movie. and made the "love" scenes between Annie and KK longer.

The conclusion of the movie was boring, this is because we already know the ending and were waiting for kong to fall of the building and die.

Does anyone know what happened to Jimmy? The first part of the movie talked so much about how he appeared on the ship and his father-son-like relationship with Hayes, getting everyone so interested and all but he seemed to disappear after that.

Naomi Watts gave a brillant performance in her. Pity she hasn't got much professional recognition.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."