Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Other Tales Of The Flying Fox(Fei Hu Wai Juan)

Default THNX

gee! thank for translation
    keep them coming buddy!
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Just dropping by to say hello and register my interest in this novel. I just started to read this translation. Exciting plot build up which of course help by your great translation. Keep it up!!!

Thanks for the support, guys. I really appreciate it. I wish to inform you guys that I'll try to update at an as regular an interval as possible, which should be the same as the rate I'm going now. And once again, thanks for all your support.

And as for today's translation:

Although the pot repairer’s martial arts is not really strong, but north Hubei’s Zhung family’s Ghost Worrying lightness martial arts is one of the most famed in the martials arts world. Miao Renfeng pursued this way and that way, causing the poison in his body to spread suddenly and quickly. His footsteps were becoming more and more of a limp, and he suddenly ceased his pursuit. When the pot repairer saw that his pursuer was reduced to limping, a great joy arose in his heart, and he mused: "By Heavenly protection, I’m able to obtain the precious saber and the beautiful woman without even lifting a finger." But before he had even finished this thought, he suddenly heard a whistling sound in the midair; a shiny black object flew horizontally in his direction, he attempted to dodge the object, but it was too late. Miao Renfeng had knew that it was futile to pursue him heads on, finally using the remnants of his supernatural strength, flung out the soft whip. The cast bronze soft whip had hit him straight on from the face to the abdomen; and the pot repairer was immediately reduced to a corpse lying horizontally on a snowy area. By this time Miao Renfeng could no longer support himself, and he fell to the ground. Miss Nan, who had bent down on her father’s corpse, and saw with her own eyes this fierce soul-stirring battle, was frightened terribly, but she stayed put. When she finally saw that Miao Renfeng had fallen down, she hastily approached him to help him up. But Miao Renfeng was tall of stature, and she was delicate and incapable, how could she hold him up? Miao Renfeng’s mind was still clear, but the lower part of his body was already numb. He pointed to Jiang Diao Hou and said: "Search his body, and take the antidote to me." Miss Nan search his body accordingly, and she found a small porcelain vial. She asks Miao Renfeng: "Is this the one?" Miao Renfeng was already getting dizzy, and he found it difficult to distinguish his surrounding. He said: "No matter whether it is or not ... I’ll just take it and see." Miss Nan pulled out the vial’s cap, and poured half of the yellow powder contained therein in her left palm, and fed it to Miao Renfeng in the mouth. Miao Renfeng made an effort to swallow it down, before saying that, "Kill him quickly!" Miss Nan was greatly surprised, and said: "I... ... I dare not...... murder." But Miao Renfeng said angrily: "He is your father’s murderer." Miss Nan still said that, "I... ... I dare not... ..." Miao Renfeng said: "After a few hours, his sealed acupoints point would release itself. I’m heavily injured...... By that time we’ll die without a proper burial." Miss Nan grabbed the precious saber with both of her hands, and drew it from its sheath. But then she saw Jiang Diao Hou’s pleading eyes. How could she, who had, since young dare not to slaughter even chickens nor fish, now take another’s’ life with a saber? Miao Renfeng shouted loudly this time: "If you do not kill him, then you would be as good as have killed me!" Miss Nan was startled, her body trembled in nervousness, and in this moment of trepidation let fall the precious saber. The saber which can slice gold and break jade happened to be aiming at Jiang Diao Hou’s head. It was heard that both Miss Nan and Jiang Diao Hou screamed simultaneously. The lady fainted, and fell on Miao Renfeng’s body, while another’s head was cleaved in half by the blade.

Miao Renfeng’s line of thought had only gone so far, when the young girl cradled on his bosom suddenly awakened, and cried aloud: "Daddy, mommy? I want the mommy." Miao Renfeng had not replied, but when she turned her head, she perceived by the nearby fire of high-piled firewood a beautiful woman. She stretched out her arms, and cried: "Mother, mother, Lan-lan is looking for you!" She was very clearly transported with happiness, and wanted that beautiful woman to hug her.

Numerous people all around heard that young girl first called Miao Renfeng "daddy", and called that beautiful woman "mother". All were astonished, and thought that this beautiful woman obviously is wife of Tian Guinong, so how can she be the mother of Miao Renfeng’s daughter? As soon as the girl called out mother twice, the atmosphere in the hall tensed up several notches. Several dozen adults all look serious, but one child is actually elated already.

The beautiful woman stood up, and walked up to Miao Renfeng to hug the child. That girl spoke with a smile: "Mother, Lan-lan has been looking for you, you have came home." That beautiful woman hugged her tightly, their two beautiful faces leaning close to each other. The girl’s tears from her previous dream has yet to dry up, but by now her cheeks had been added with a mother's tear. The man with the saber scar on his face and a single arm continued to shrink against the dark corners of the hall, and calmly observed the various people there. By now he gently stood up, and walked up to the (gang/robber/pirate?) leader Yan Jishen, and quietly whispered something into his ear. Yan Ji’s facial expression changed greatly, and he stood up. He glanced at Miao Renfeng with a frightened expression on his face and slowly put one hand into the underneath of his clothes, and took out an oiled paper packet. The one armed man clamped his hand to seize it, opened it and looked inside, only to see two sallow slips of paper. He nodded, and wrapped the packet securely before putting it in his bosom, and returned to the corner of the hall to sit down.

That beautiful woman extended her sleeve to wipe the tears, and kissed the girl once on her face. Her eyes were red, and were threatening to burst into a fresh bout of tears once more. When she finally purged her emotions, she stood up and returned the girl to Miao Renfeng. The girl cried loudly: "Mother, mother, Lan-lan wants a hug." The beautiful woman had her back facing them. She was especially stiff in her motion, and failed to turn completely around.

Miao Renfeng waited with undue patience for the beautiful woman to respond, waiting for her to turn her head to look upon her daughter one last time... ... In Miao Renfeng’s heart, he already wanted to put someone underfoot and tread on (him/her?), and kill with a single killing palm stroke. But he knew for certain that someone would prevent it. His martial arts are peerless in this world, but his feelings are actually very frail. This is only because he is extremely and deeply in love with this beautiful woman.
    Last edited by Alasnuyo; 03-15-06 at 01:06 AM.

Default Thnx

Just keep them coming buddy boy!

and when u update a translation u can post it to the original post by editing it and inform the readers about it by posting update notice. so there will be only one post per chapter instead of translations scattered all over.

and i thought Miao Feng was a monk(said about 'bodhisatwa' somewhere in the previous post) so how come he is killing other people?

Quote Originally Posted by nisachar
    and i thought Miao Feng was a monk(said about 'bodhisatwa' somewhere in the previous post) so how come he is killing other people?

He had to or he'd be dead and as I understand monks from the novels kill only evil men so his killing is justified, those men robbed and murdered the rich merchant and tried to rape his daughter, they are truly evil and deserved to die.

Btw, Alasnuyo thank you very much!

New updates, everyone!

Thanks Alasnuyo!

Default thnx

and just when i thought every translation is at halt state!
    thank u Alasnuyo

please continue@ We all support ur translationgs
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Mmmmm... I might be wrong, but I think a Bodhisattva is a person that has achieved enlightenment, but choses to stay in the world to try and help others. So I think his title is more about him helping people, and less about him actually being a monk.

Just my guess, though.

Thanks for translating!

He heard his daughter crying out aloud: "Mother, mother, Lan-Lan wants a hug!" His daughter struggled against him to reach for his mother. Still, he waited with patience for that beautiful woman to reply, to wait for her to turn her head to look upon her daughter again... ...

Was that beautiful woman deaf? Or is her heart as hard as iron? The little girl entreated repeatedly: "Mother, Lan-lan wants a hug!" But her mother was completely motionless, her back did not tremble, nor did her clothing even moved.

All of the blood in Miao Renfeng’s body was almost boiling; his daughter’s cries were rending his heart to pieces. The events three years before, in the snowy area of Cangzhou welled up in his heart again:

Six corpses lie in the snowy area. Miao Renfeng’s legs were injured by Jiang Diao Hou’s Jie Men poison needles. Now, the lower part of his body cannot even move at all. Miss Nan slowly awakened from her unconsciousness. Seeing herself lying on Miao Renfeng’s body, she hurriedly stood up, but her footing was wrong, and she fell back sitting on the snow. She was so frightened that she cannot even scream. Miao Renfeng said: "Pull that horse back." His voice was very severe, so Miss Nan obeyed his orders. She brought the horse to Miao Renfeng’s side, and stretching out her delicate hand, gripped his large fan of a hand, wanting to pull him up.
    Miao Renfeng said; "Get out of the way!" He thought: "How could you pull me up?" By now his two legs can only be moved with extreme difficulty. He lifted his upper body immediately and extended his right hand to grip the stirrup. With a burst of strength his arm pulled, and his body flipped onto the horse, he commanded again: "Take the saber!" Miss Nan absentmindedly picked up the precious saber. Miao Renfeng extends his left hand to her waist, and gently raised her to the horseback. The two of them rode the horse, and slowly returned to the small inn.

Miao Renfeng was using all of his strength to maintain his composure. But as soon as they arrived to front of the inn, there was no strength in him left to support himself, and he fell onto the snowy ground. Two servants rushed out to hold him and helped him in.

Miao Renfeng rolled up his pant legs, and pulled out the two poisoned needles. He then called for the servants to suck out the poisonous blood in his body. Although he promised to pay them a lot of money, the servants were still afraid of him and hesitated.

Miss Nan, using her small tender mouth and latching it to his leg, promptly sucked out the poisonous blood. She clearly knew that, when the two of them came in contact in such an intimate way, she had surely surrendered herself to him already. The question of whether he is a robber or a thief does not matter now because she does not have a second choice. She was already determined to be with him.

Miao Renfeng also knew that, as soon as she sucked out his poisonous blood, his own carefree life and his wanton roaming of the world has come to an end. His would spend the rest of his life to protect this woman. This rich man’s daughter’s joys and sadness, from this time on would be his own joys and the sadness.

Although he has promptly taken Jiang Diao Hou’s antidote and secured his life, it is still not as simple as that. The Jie Men poisoned needle is no ordinary poison needle; if he does not recuperate from the medical treatment in a fortnight, his two legs would remain useless. He took out his silver taels, and assigned the servants to bury Miss Nan’s father, and also the five men that have tried to seize the precious saber.

Miss Nan lived together with him in the same room. She took care of him, and accompanied him. After this soul-stirring accident, Miss Nan would relive the tragedy on the snowy grounds every time she closed her eyes. She could see her father, killed by the robbers; the precious saber falling down from her own hand, and ending another’s life. Therefore, she often cried herself to wakefulness after an unrestful sleep.

Miao Renfeng is not a very talkative person; he had never even spoken one comforting word to Miss Nan. But when Miss Nan saw the calm, quiet complexion and the sympathetic look on his face, she would no longer be afraid.

She later told him that her father-Nan Ren Tong had served in Jiangnan as an official. One day he, caught a notorious pirate, and obtained the pirate’s weapon, the "Cold Moon saber". Soon Nan Ren Tong was transfered to a new post to replace another official employed in the capital. He had wanted to give the saber to the authorities, thinking that he could make a rapid career advance. But unexpectedly and ironically, he had delivered his own life instead.

Miao Renfeng had asked for the pirate’s name, but Miss Nan did not know of it. She only knew that this fellow had died of illness in the prison. He thought deeply about this, wondering what noble hero was brought to death for this. The five chivalrous outlaws who attempted to seize the saber must surely know of this person through the precious saber, and thereupon tracked Nan Ren Tong to this place.

By the evening of the fifth day after the incident, Miss Nan, as usual, was bringing a bowl medicine for Miao Renfeng to drink. He was just about to put out a hand to receive the medicine when he heard rustling sounds outside the window. He maintained his composure, received the medicine bowl and slowly drank from it. He knew that outside the window some people were trying to spy on him, but knowing his fame, the spy does not dare to act too rashly. He calculated secretly: "This must the backup for the five outlaws. If another five or six days have passed, I would not need to fear so much. But both of my legs are still weak, and should a powerful enemy arrive, it would be troublesome.”

Suddenly a ‘pak’ sound was heard, followed swiftly by a flash of white light; from the outside a dagger was thrown in, and it was nailed onto the table, still vibrating slightly. On the dagger a white piece of paper was attached. Miss Nan cried out in alarm, and rushed to his side.

Miao Renfeng was still laying on the hearth bed; he stretched out his hand for the dagger but he failed to reach it. He laughed coldly, and slapped once on the tableside. The dagger which was originally imbedded several inches into the table, sprung a feet or so into the air and landed directly into his palm. Someone praised him from outside the window: “It would seem that the title ‘Golden Faced Bodhisattva’ was not given in folly!” With light footsteps, two people leapt up over the walls and ran away. Following that the hoofbeats of a pair of galloping horse were heard vanishing into the night.

Miao Renfeng picked up the piece of paper and saw line of written words on it: “Yi Bei, Zhong Chao Wen, Zhong Chao Ying, Zhong Chao Neng, will kowtow to you a hundred times.”

Miss Nan saw that his expression was wooden, and didn’t know whether he was angry or worried, and asked “Has the enemy come to our doors?” Miao Renfeng nodded. Miss Nan said: “When you hit the table, did you scare them away?” Miao Renfeng shook his head and said: “They’re only delivering a message.”

Miss Nan said: “You’re so strong, they must be afraid of you.” Miao Renfeng did not say anything but thought in his heart: “The Zhong brother’s of Yi Bei, even ghosts fear them so. If they dare to come here, it means they have no fear of me.” Even though Miss Nan said such of him, but her heart was still fraught with worry. After a while she said timidly: “Big brother, if we ride out now and flee, they can never seek us out.” Miao Renfeng shook his head but said nothing.

Defeater of Heaven and Hell, Golden Faced Bodhisattva Miao Renfeng, how can he run away from the face of the enemy? Even if he had to endure shame for the time being and hide with Miss Nan, but how can one avoid the three “Feared by Ghosts” Zhong brothers? Of these matters Miss Nan will not understand. He had always disliked speaking; moreover, it is not necessary to speak to her of these matters.

That night, Miss Nan tossed and turned in her bed, unable to sleep peacefully. She has been wholeheartedly concerned with this rough and tumbly country folk, but Miao Renfeng was actually sleeping soundly.

Only that he has had a dream, a dream of decorated sedan chairs, a row of trumpeters, and also of a red veiled bride. That was what he saw a very long time before in his childhood that he has already long forgotten. But now this event suddenly sprung up again in his dream. When he woke up, he can still faintly hear the music of his dreams. The dim wavering lights of the candle, illuminated Miss Nan who was lying on the bed like a cotton rose, with such a tender and beautiful face. But this flower is not smiling. While she sleeps, the expression on her face is one of fright, and also of pain. While her face was illuminated by candlelight, it has also shown more shadows.

Early morning the next day, Miao Renfeng ordered the servant to make a big bowl noodles to eat. He picked up a chair, and sat in the hall with the “Cold Moon” saber by his side. All his life he does not like prepare beforehand, because things would more often than not deviate from what would have been expected, so he’d rather act according to circumstances. When Miss Nan saw his facial expressions, fear rose in her heart. She asked of it several times, but Miao Renfeng did not reply, and so she did not dare to ask again.

By the time it was eight, the sound of horses’ hoofbeats came within earshot. Three horses stopped in front of the inn, and in came three visitors. The people in the inn were startled when they saw the appearance of these three people. These three people wore white burlap clothes, with white hat and white cloth shoes with tasselled edges on their clothings. It was like the clothing of filial people whose parents have just died. But these mourning dresses were already old. It was at the same time both like and unlike (it seems unlikely that) a mourner’s dress.

Miao Renfeng knew that the north Hubei’s “Ghost Paling” Zhong siblings were well known (dominated) in several provinces, and possesses significant depth in terms of martial arts. The pot repairer was the Zhong brother’s disciple, and his skill in martial arts was far from weak. At the present it appears that three Zhong brothers had personally arrive, turning this matter into a really problematic one. One can only see that the three men shared similar facial features; all of them looked deathly pale, with flat and wide noses, and nostrils that faces upwards. One can only depend on their beards distinguish their age. The one with the ash greyish white beard is eldest brother Zhong Zhaowen, the one with the black beard is second eldest brother Zhong Zhaoying, and the one who has not kept any beard is the youngest brother Zhong Zhaoneng. When the three people came in their footsteps were light, as if it does not touch the ground. So it would seem that some really powerful enemy has arrived. In Miao Renfeng’s life, the stronger the enemy, the higher his spirit rises. As soon as he saw that the three men before him were far from mediocre, he cannot help but pop his bodily joints in anticipation for battle.

The three Zhong brothers went forward at the same time as one to kneel, and said in unison: "Greetings to Hero Miao." Miao Renfeng clasped his hands together the same way in reply, and said: "You’re welcome, but do excuse me for the wound on my legs,
    and for that cause I cannot stand up." Zhong Zhaowen said: "Hero Miao, your leg wounds have inconvenienced you, we should not have disturbed you, but the enmity caused by your killing of our disciple cannot be ignored, and we have no alternative but to avenge him. We do beg your pardon for this." He words were filled with "your family, your family", full of rustic Hubei accent, Miao Renfeng only (nodded his head), but no longer did he reply.

Zhong Zhaowen said: "Hero Miao’s prestige shakes the world, that should we brothers three fight you one by one, we would not be able to rival you. Second brother, third brother, we shall went on at once!" Zhong Zhaoying, and Zhong Zhaoneng made
    strange sounds, and called out: "Eldest brother, we shall went on at once!" These three brothers are famous personas in the Wulin world, although strange of voice and looks.
    They have much seniority in the Jianghu, steady in action, and strong in martial arts, and therefore they have earned for themselves in the two sides of Jianghu a big name for themselves. As soon as the three men made strange sounds, a non-stop sound of chong long long (and with metallic clangs), each of them respectively took out a pair of judges pen from their sides.

When the people in the inn saw these three people arrive, they have known that something is wrong. When they see that pointed weapons were taken out, everybody cleared the area, immediately the hall became empty and desolate.

Miss Nan cared about Miao Renfeng’s safety, and lingered in the corner of the hall. Miao Renfeng wondered how such a tender and timid woman would unexpectedly show sosuch courage, and he was greatly consoled. Because Miss Nan was in the corner of the hall, Miao Renfeng felt that from now on to he would live and die for her. He felt a sincere love for her, and he flashed a faint smile to her before extracting the Cold Moon precious saber.

The Zhong siblings saw the flash of the saber in motion and its oppressing cold aura, and praised: "Good saber!"

The three brothers let out an eerie cry in unison. Zhong Zhaowen’s double pen was aimed straight for his chest while Zhong Zhaoying attacked from the left and Zhong Zhaoneng attacked from the right. Miao Renfeng sat stock still in the chair, his saber motionless at a horizontal angle, waiting for the six wrought irons judges pen tip to arrive on target. The saber suddenly swung out with the whistling sound of the wind, and gave each of his adversaries a slash each. It would seem that the three Zhong siblings possesses considerable skill in terms of martial art, for as soon as they saw that the saber is moving with such an odd manner, each of them leapt away, and out of the saber’s range of attack. They only knew that the Miao family’s sword skill is one of the greatest in the world, but they did not expect him to display such a remarkable skill in sabers as well. What Miao Renfeng was using at this moment is the Hu family’s saber skill that was passed on to him by Hu Yi Dao. With mysterious moves, and peerless techniques, the only setback he suffered right now was his inability to move much. This was because when he slashed out with the saber, he was unable to pursue his quarry.

As soon as the four of them made their moves, the saber’s flash and the pens’ shadow shimmered and converged wildly in the center of the hall, and immediately the fight intensified. The three Zhong siblings’ lightness martial arts were incredible. They were attacking from all sides, backward and forward they came, the six judge pens acting like it was twelve. Miao Renfeng used his saber skill to counterattack them and did not even give in. He thought that today’s fights must be fought with all he could. He must severely wound the three siblings, otherwise his own life and Miss Nan’s would be very difficult indeed to protect. He always knew that the three Zhong siblings are peaceful by nature, and they have not done any evil or misdeeds, and having a good reputation in Jianghu, he does not wish to take their life. But he saw with his own eyes the three brothers' strategic moves are becoming increasingly tight, with each successive move inching ever nearer to his pressure points. If he was careless or made even so much as one mistake, he’ll be finished, and even this tender and beautiful/gentle Miss Nan to suffer hardships at the hands of the enemy. When he thought of that, the force behind the saber grew heavier, and he attacked with increased ferocity. The three brothers feared the great strength behind the sharp saber, and did not dare to let their pointed weapons accidentally touch with saber, and the radius of the besieging circle began to grow.

Zhong Zhaoying saw with his own eyes that it will be difficult to win this match, he suddenly gave a great cry, and he threw his body forward to the ground, rolled across the floor, and unexpectedly arrived behind Miao Renfeng to attack his leg from underneath. This is a really cruel move, for Miao Renfeng sitting on the chair and was unable to turn. If the enemy attacks behind him from the feet of the chair, how can he guard himself?

Zhong Zhaoying made several attacks consecutively and struck out horizontally, “CRACK”, and broke one of the feet of the chair. The chair began to sway, causing Miao Renfeng’s body to fall along at an angle. Miss Nan called out in alarm. Miao Renfeng thrust out his left hand fiercely, and grasps at Zhong Zhaoying’s face. Zhong Zhaoying was greatly surprised, and hurriedly rolls away to evade it, only to hear a metallic clashing sound, whereby his and Zhong Zhao Neng’s judges’ pens had been shattered by the precious saber. Zhong Zhaowen suddenly felt a severe pain in his shoulder, which had been slashed open by the saber. Miao Renfeng uses his saber to simultaneously attack three enemies, this move which is called "Dragon among clouds appearing thrice",which is found in the Hu family saber skill’s exquisite strategic moves.

The three Zhong siblings respectively leapt away, and faced each other, noting that they all share the same panic-stricken look on their face. Zhong Zhaoying said: "Eldest brother, are you injured?" Zhong Zhaowen said: “Don’t worry, I’m fine." He saw that Miao Renfeng’s chair was leaning at an angle, and that his seat was wobbling dangerously. He thought that it is a good opportunity, for it would be so difficult to get another chance like this in the future. He dreaded much the sharp edge of the precious saber, which was wielded with such skill; so thereupon he held up his fist in the other hand and said: "On bladed weapons we three brothers are not your match, therefore we ask that you use your fist and palm instead." Though this was said pompously in a sincere manner, it actually harboured evil intentions, in which they lured their enemy from using his most powerful skill. The three brothers were taking advantage of someone else's precarious position, risking death to get revenge, and not to contend in martial arts or comparing their skills. Originally Miao Renfeng did not really need to pay attention to these flatteries, but because of his own boldness and surety of his own skill, he laughed coldly, and returned the precious saber to its sheath, nodded, and said: "Good!"

Three brothers droped their judges’ pen, lunged forward, and attacked. The three people each started their move with a leap, and none were treading the floor. Miao Renfeng’s palm lashes out with overwhelming strength, and as soon as he had struck out, the three brothers had shot more than eight feet away. The Zhong siblings’ martial art skills were not below average either; otherwise they would have been severely wounded just from the sheer (force/strength) of the blow itself. Zhong Zhaoying being the smartest of the trio, saw that one of the feet of his chair were already broken, that the chair was steadied only with much difficulty, and he thought, if he could again break yet another foot of the chair, then he would be able to throw down his adversary. Using a move called “Attacking the Posterior”, he rolled towards Miao Renfeng’s chair, and swept away the right leg of the chair with his left leg. With a cracking sound, another of the chair legs broke from the kick.

The chair was already leaning at an angle, but this time it looks like it is ready to fall backward at any time. Miao Renfeng extended a hand on the back of the chair to steady it, pushed up and leapt. He was angry at Zhong Zhaoying for being so deceitful, and like a big hawk he tried to strike him down from midair. Zhong Zhaoying was greatly frightened, and shouted: "Eldest brother, youngest brother, help me!". Zhong Zhaowen and Zhong Zhaoneng came to his rescue in pairs from his side. Miao Renfeng struck out with both of his palms, with the left palm hitting Zhong Zhaowen on the shoulder, and the right palm hitting Zhong Zhaoneng on the chest. The two people cannot withstand the blow, and were sent flying outside outside. Zhong Zhaoying seizes the opportunity to somersault and escape from the hall gate. When he glanced back at Miao Renfeng, and saw that he had fallen to the ground.

The three brothers have seen for themselves his tremendous skill and strength, how could they dare to fight him again? Zhong Zhaoying noticed that a spot nearby the inn's gate was piled up with mule's fodder, and with a sudden inspiration he made his move, he snatched these up, and set the fodder on fire. The (malt/barley/wheat?) grasses were already dry, and it caught fire instantly, and speeded inward into the hall with the presence of wayward winds. As soon as the inn’s customers saw the flame, chaos ensued, and they all rushed out in panic. The three brothers took up their judges’ pen and stood guard on the entrance, and called out: "Whoever that dared to rescue the man with the injured leg, we will crack open his head!" But with all the numerous people running away for their lives, who would bother to rescue that person?
    Last edited by Alasnuyo; 05-15-06 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks for the translation update, Alasnuyo. keep them coming!

Hey sorry I was away for so long and I forgot to read the updates here. Thanks Alasnuyo and keep up the good work.

Miao Renfeng saw in an instant that a picking wind was helping to spread the fire, and the thick smoke from the large flames were choking the hall. With his own legs immobilised, and the enemy guarding the entrance, and he thought: "Will it be that I, who lived most of my life as a hero, die from fire today?" He saw that Miss Nan had escaped along with the people, and his heart lightened. But amidst the light of the burning flame he saw a thick coil of rope lying in the corner of the hall, and he said darkly: "Heaven does take pity on me!" He crawled towards the ropes to untangle it, and circled it on his arms ten times.

The Zhong siblings felt for sure that the present age’s invincible Miao Renfeng will inevitably will be destroyed by fire when they saw all the smoke and fire that encircled the gate. They were filled with great happiness, and looked at each other with a smile.

Miss Nan ran out at the most critical moment. When she thought of Miao Renfeng who was still trapped in the inn, who have gotten injured trying to save her, she was unable to restrain her emotion, and beads of tears started to fill her eyes. When she was wallowing in her pool of misery, she heard a loud cry/shout from inside the inn, and a rope shot out from amidst the flames, and caught a branch of the gingko tree’s bough that was standing by the gate. And soon this was followed by a swinging motion of the rope, by which the tall, lean figure of Miao Renfeng flew out.

The people who saw him appearing out of sudden and descended upon them like some kind of heavenly figure were filled with amazement. Miao Renfeng’s left hand grasped the rope and propelled his body towards the Zhong siblings. The Zhong siblings were frightened out of their wits. Their fighting spirits were lost, and they fled before him. Although they were highly skilled in lightness martial arts, they were still inferior to Miao Renfeng, who was gaining on them swiftly. He stretched out his hand as if to grasp at the fleeing trio. As he caught on to them, he tossed the three brothers one by one into the fire. As skilled as they can be in martial arts, as soon as they touched the fire, they hurriedly scrambled away, for their beards and eyebrows completely singed away, and they utterly humiliated. By this point the three brothers no longer dared to stop, not even to ride their horses, but rushed heedlessly to the south, under the roaring laughter of Miao Renfeng, which continued on endlessly from their backs.

Miao Renfeng thought of the year when he fought the “Ghost Paling” Zhong siblings, and the corners of his mouth curled up in a small smile. However this was a sad smile, a flicker of joy in the pool of sadness. He thought that after his legs recovered; he and Miss Nan would become husband and wife. This is the wife whom he remembers eternally in his heart, with whom he had sincerely fell in love with, the same beautiful woman who stood before his eyes. His body was only five feet away, but these five feet was like 5,000 miles, or maybe 50,000 miles away.

He thought of the happy days when they were newly married. He had brought his orchid (Nan)(Miss Nan’s name, meaning blue/orchid) to pay obeisance together to Mr. and Mrs. Hu's grave, and buried the Cold Moon saber in the grave. At the time he thought in his heart: Besides a Hu Yi Dao, no one in this world had the rights to use this precious saber. Since he was no longer in this world, the precious saber should accompany him in the nether world.

So, in front of a Hu Yi Dao’s grave, he told of the year when how he accidentally injured Hu Yi Dao in a contest to his wife. He doesn’t like to speak, but that day he spoke incessantly. This matter has been pent-up for ten years in his heart until this day, and he vent it out on the person he was most intimate with. He ordered many food and wine to hold a memorial service for a Hu Yi Dao, having enough to fill a table, just like the time when he contended in martial arts with Hu Yi Dao when Madame Hu would fill the table with dishes of vegetables.

He has drunk a lot of wine, it was as if his best friend was alive again, and with him they talked happily and drank to their heart's content. The more he drank, the more he talked. He spoke reverently of this hero of Liaodong whom he had come to admire, and he spoke of fortune that isn’t always favourable to all, and how people don’t always get what they wanted. And he when he spoke of Madame Hu’s love to her husband, he said: "Such is the love of the woman, if husband is in fire, then she will certainly also in fire, if the husband is in water, she will also be in water... ... "

Suddenly he saw that his bride’s expression had change, and quickly covering her face, she ran away as far as possible. He ran after her to explain, but he was drunk, and he could not speak, much less. He recalled the incident in the inn when the three Zhong brothers attacked with fire... ... He was in the danger of fire, but she was actually the first to ran away... ...

All his life he had been a generous and carefree person, and usually does not pay attention to the such trifling matters, however this was a person he loved for whom he live and die for... ... In his mind, he still thought that Miss Nan should have escaped, she is a woman, not knowing even the least bit Martial art, and seeing the thick smoke and raging fire she would naturally be afraid. Furthermore she was not his wife at that time, if she had accompanied him to death, what is the use of that? ... ... But in his heart, his deeply hope that when he meets with danger himself, he has a beloved person to that he could keep close to himself, and hoped that the beloved person would not abandon him and be the first to run away... ... He always envied Hu Yi Dao, thinking that he has wife who love him sincerely, while he himself had not one. Although Hu Yi Dao died early, he has a comparatively happier life.

Thus, as he was drunk in front of Hu Yi Dao’s grave, he accidentally spoke something wrong, which may also have revealed the content of his heart. These words had created a fissure between the husband and wife which forever will be difficult to make up for. However, Miao Renfeng sincerely loves his wife from the start to the end.

He no longer mentions this matter, not even Hu Yi Dao’s name, and neither had Miss Nan.

After his daughter was Lan Lan was born, who is like her mother in beauty, and just as tender and delicate, the love between husband and wife deepened. However, he from a poor family of heroic background, and his wife is actually a government official’s daughter. He is naturally silent and uncommunicative, and puts on a serious face all day, while his wife needs a man who is gently understanding, and submissively comforting. She wants a man who is refined, understandable of womankind, a man with whom she is able to chat with, and flirt with... ... Although Miao Renfeng had an incomparable skill in martial arts, all that his wife wants he does not have. If Miss Nan knew martial art, perhaps she can admire husband's ability, and be able to understand why he is the most remarkable man of the present age with an indomitable spirit. But she cannot but look down on martial art from the start, and even hates martial art in her heart. Because her father is killed by martial art artist, just because of a saber; And further more because she is married to a man who does not pay attention or show concern to her, and because this man rescued her with martial arts.

In her life there once had been a short period of time, when she had felt some interest to martial art, that was a time when a friend of her husband's sojourned over. And that person is the handsome, smart, and outstandingly talented natural Tian Guinong. Never had he made any speech that one does not like or a meaningful glance from him that has not been able to soften another person or make one’s heart palpitate in trepidation. But it is strange, that her husband had actually seemed to look down on this Tian Guinong(TR: name means field master/farmer), looking cold and indifferent and standoffish to him, and so the job of entertaining the visitor fell on her. By the evening of the first day they met, she rested on her bed, and opening wide her eyes she look outside the dark window, and could not but secretly sigh sadly: Why, on the tragic day, is the one that rescue her not this good-looking Tian Guinong, but instead this wooden statue of a man? For several days, Tian Guinong discussed Martial art with her, and seeing that she knew very little of it, he taught her some of the easier styles. She studied it vigorously, although she does not like martial arts. But only because he is the one who teaches, she studied it with full of enthusiasm.

Finally one day, she said to him, "You deserve to switch name with my husband, which is only fair. He should better be a farmer, and you’re the true phoenix, for that is what you truly are." No one knew if this was said intentionally, or because this kind of speech is hard to explain. So finally, in a warm passionate night, the guest had insulted the master, the wife had insulted the husband, and the mother had insulted the daughter.

At that time Miao Renfeng was practicing his sword under the moonlight, while their daughter Miao Relan was asleep in sweet slumber... ...

Her gold phoenix hairpin fell to the ground. Tian Guinong picked it up and gently inserted it back into her hair, the head of the ornamental phoenix hairpin shivering gently... ...

She made her decision. Husband, daughter, homeland, reputation... ... She left all of those behind; all she wants is warm gentle love. She ran away with this good-looking gentleman from her family. Her husband had hugged her daughter to prevent her from pursuing her mother through the driving rain, while her daughter cried relentlessly for her mother. But she has already made her resolution, so long as she is able to live with her Tian Guinong, even for a few short days were enough. So long as she is able to live with her Tian Guinong, she would even endure being killed by her husband. She loved her daughter; however this is Miao Renfeng’s daughter, not her daughter born of Tian Guinong.

She heard her daughter cry to her, but in the corner of her eye, she saw Tian Guinong’s heart moving and soulful smile. She did not turn back.

At that time Miao Renfeng was thinking, “If only she would go home with me, I would not mention this ever again, I will doubly love her, so long as she will change her heart to go home with me, I would still need her, just as her daughter would still need her!”

Madame Miao on the other hand was thinking that, “Would he kill Tian Guinong? He loves me very much, and would not hurt me, but would he kill Tian Guinong?”

Miao Relan in her little mind was thinking: “Why doesn’t mother pay any attention to me? Is she not willing to hug me? Is it that I am not clever enough?”

Tian Guinong was also thinking of his own concern. His concern is deep. He thought of Chuangwang’s inexhaustible wealth and money that he had left behind, and Madame Miao is the key that can open this treasure house. Certainly, she is very beautiful, charmingly, attractive, but what is more important is Chuangwang's treasure house, and would Miao Renfeng kill me?

Miao Renfeng was waiting, in the hall where the personal escorts, the robbers, the bodyguards, Shang Mansion's master, the one armed person and the child, everybody were all waiting. In the hall many people had congregated, but nobody uttered a word, only to hear a little girl crying out: "Mother! Mother! Lan Lan wants you!"

Even if it is the most hardhearted person watching there, he would also hope that she would turn around to hug the daughter.

Since he entered the Shang Mansion’s main hall, Miao Renfeng had not said a single word from the beginning to the end, both eyes looking upon his wife like those of a hawk.

Outside, under the torrential downpour, lightning flashed through the darkened sky, followed closely by a rumbling thunderclap. The heavy rain has not yet subsided, the thunderclap is a sound which does not rest.

Finally, Madame Miao's head tilted slightly to the side. Miao Renfeng heart jumped fiercely as soon as he saw his wife smiling, her eyes revealing a gentle and affectionate feeling. She was looking at Tian Guinong. Such affectionate and meaningful glance, that she has not given himself before, not even when they were newlywed. This is his first time in his entire life that he saw such a thing.

Miao Renfeng’s heart sunk, he no longer hoped, and slowly he stood, and carefully bound his daughter with the oilcloth in front of his chest. He was being extremely careful, because in the world there will not be such a caring and sad father like this again.

He went out of the hall in big strides, and throughout this he had not uttered a single word, nor does he turn his head to look back one last time again, because he already saw his wife’s affectionate and meaningful glance.

The heavy rain fell on his stout head, fell on his thick shoulder, the sound of thunderclap echoing on the top of his head.

The little girl's weeping sound was also faintly heard, but Miao Renfeng went on in big strides. He hugged his daughter, walking in big strides under the heavy rain and gale.

They did not go home. This home, will never be inhabited again... ...
    END OF CHAPTER 2
    Last edited by Alasnuyo; 06-03-06 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks for the update Alasnuyo. Its only now that I checked this thread so uh sorry for that.

Default Third chapter: Young Hero

(Translated by Alasnuyo, partially translated and edited by Encaitar)
    Miao Renfeng, holding his daughter, left Shang Manor in the torrential rain. Though the gentleman had already left, his presence still lingered behind. He had left without a word, but the people were somewhat shaken, even it matters not if anyone of them knew him or not, however. They were either startled or shamed, although some were left with a feeling of respect. For a long time, no one spoke up, and the hall was shrouded in a thoughtful silence.

Madame Miao slowly stood up, the corners of her mouth twisted in a forced smile, but tears were already gathering in her eyes, and some even managed to trail its way to under her cheek. Tian Guinong quietly stood up, his left hand gripping the handle of the sword on his waist, pulled out five inches of it, and resheathed it again in a blink, in a very masculine fashion, and whispered in a low voice: “Younger sister, come.” His eye’s looked into the center of the carriage and the silvered square patterns on its side. (Though) no unwanted emotions mar his handsome features, but his voice shook, unable to hide the fear in his heart.

Ma Xing Kong, seeing that Tian Guinong still wanted to plunder the carriage, braced himself up from the ground and said: “Chun Er, get me my weapon!” Ma Chun Hua, seeing that father’s injury was not light, tearfully cried: “Father!” But Ma Xing Kong sternly retorted: “Don’t hesitate!” Ma Chun Hua reached inside his backpack to retrieve an old gold-lined whip, and was just about to pass it to her father, when suddenly a cough resounded from the hall, and out came an old lady, with a robe of green, complete with black dress and hunched back. Her entire sideburns were whitened with age while the center mass of her hair was still black. Shang Bao Zhen, who was overcome by Tian Guinong and sustained a light injury himself, spoke thus: “Mother, this matter does not involve you, please go back to your rest.” The old woman seems to be actually the mother of Shang Bao Zhen.

Old Madam Shang nodded and looked calm: “I see that you have lost in the hands of others.” she hissed. Shang Bao Zhen look ashamed, and lowering his head he said: “Your son is of no use, and not a worthy match for Master Tian.” At the same time he was eyeing Tian Guinong’s figure, unable to hold back his shame.

Old Madam Shang’s eye was half lidded, and dimly, she turned her gaze to Tian Guinong, and then to Madam Miao, and muttered: “What a beautiful woman indeed!”

Suddenly the thin boy made his way from the crowd, and turning to Madame Miao he called out: “Your daughter wants embrace you, and yet you to ignore her? A mother you are to her, but have you no conscience?”

Many have thought of that in their heart, but only one thin and small beggarly boy has actually the guts to voice it out aloud, and everyone was startled at that. The thunder rumbled on while the boy shouted: “Your conscience is not good, may the lightning strike you down!” while angrily pointing a finger at the lady. At that moment, the disheveled looking child, suddenly looked heroic, as if a vision has passed over the crowd, and for a moment, it was not a beggar child that stood there, but a hero out of some legends.

Tian Guinong pulled his sword out of its sheath, and shouted aloud to clear his way: “Little tramp/beggar, what nonsense are you talking about?” The thug Yan Ji, made his way to the centre and barked: “Quick, bow down to Madame Tian.” But the boy ignored him, however, and still pointing to Madame Miao, shouted again: “You lack conscience!”

Tian Guinong lifted his sword, and was about to stab the insolent boy in front of him, when Madame Miao suddenly gave out a cry. She covered her face as she cried, and directly soared into the heavy rain. Tian Guinong forsook the boy, pulled back his sword and raised pursuit. He effortlessly caught up with her, and said: “Young sister, the boy was only spewing nonsense, ignore him.” But Madame Miao just went on sobbing: “I...... I really don’t have a good conscience.” She cried, and was unable to stop. Tian Guinong put a hand out to support her arm, but Madame Miao only shook it away from him. If Tian Guinong insisted on pulling her anyway, she still wouldn’t be able to shake off his grip, even if she practiced her martial arts for another ten years. But he did not do so and withdrew his hand, and advised her using soft words.

But two people walked further and further away in the heavy rain, traveling along the main road, and turning along with it, willow trees shading their shadow. The raindrops splashed on the pavement, creating watery floras flowing in all direction, and the two did not turn back again.

Everyone breathed out a sigh, their eyes looking at the child. The boy was very young, and yet so brave. Did he even care when he had such a close shave with death?

Yan Ji laughed coldly, and said: “Truly beautiful, Master Yan (referring to himself), you can now drink up the fat broth all by yourself, and what could be more perfect than this? Fellow Brothers, let us move the cargo quick!” The ruffians rowdily agreed, and spread out to move the silver. At this point, Yan Ji’s left leg kicked out, sending the boy into a somersault, while another hand grabbed the front of the one-handed man’s shirt, and shouted: “Give it back to me!”

Old Madam Shang, with a raspy voice, asked: “Master Yan, is this Shang Manor or not?” Yan Ji said: “Yes, this is Shang Manor, so what?” Old Madam Shang then said: “I am Shang Manor’s mistress, am I not?” Yan Ji, with his hand still grabbing the front of the one-handed man’s clothing, laughed out loud to the heavens, and said: “Old Granny Shang, why must you speak to me in riddles? The Shang Manor’s walls are tall and its doors wide, and surely it would have not lack in fortune. Do you want to give some pocket money to your relatives?” All the other thugs echoed his sentiments and laughed along. Shang Bao Zhen’s face was white with anger, and he said: “Mother, do not bandy words with him. Let your son fight him again.” As he said this he seized a saber from one of the escorts, and pointing at Yan Ji, provoked him with great anger.

Yan Ji pushed the one-armed man away roughly, and said ferociously: “Stay where you are, little boy, daddy here hasn’t dealt with you yet.” and gave a sidelong glance at Shang Bao Zhen from the corner of his eye, his expression one of disdainful contempt.

Madam Shang said: “Eldest child (Yan Ji), come with me, I want to have a word with you.” Yan Ji looked startled, his mouth felt like it has been washed with oil (awkwardly addressing a lady): “Where to? Anyone with the surname of Yan would not enter into a lady’s room.” Old Madam Shang seemed not to be listening, and continued: “I have something important to tell you.”

Yan Ji thought, “This old lady is acting suspiciously, and I do not know where she would take me.” He was very tempted to stay. But Old Madam Shang was already at the end of the hall, when she rasped: “Are you not coming, coward.” Yan Ji looked up and let loose a laugh, and said with a smile: “Me, a coward?” he then loosened his legs and followed. His second-in-command, being a cautious person, handed Yan Ji’s ghost-headed saber to its owner, and Yan Ji took it. Shang Bao Zhen did not know his mother’s intention of calling Yan Ji inside, and went in after. Even though Old Madam Shang did not turn around to look, she recognized her son’s footsteps, and said: “Son, stay there! Master Yan, tell your underlings to stay their hands.” Even though she did not look at either her son or Yan Ji as she said these words, her voice carried a definite sense of power and authority that shook them up. Yan Ji said: “She speaks truly, everyone, wait for my return then.” The group of bandits agreed, and the second in command issued out orders in coarse, guttural speech, that they should keep a close eye on the carriage crew for any sign of rebellion.

Originally Shang Bao Zhen and the three other carriage guards were faring well against the bandits, but he and Xu Zhen were wounded by Tian Guinong. But after Ma Xing Kong was injured by Yan Ji’s kick and Tian Guinong’s palm strike, the tide was turned against them. It turned out that the group of bandits did not plunder the carriages (on orders not to), and the escorts were left in the mercy of the current situation.

Yan Ji followed closely behind Old Lady Shang, and observed that her back was bent, and walked with a limp. He had originally been wary of this old crone, but seeing her posture, all suspicion and wariness on his part were chased away, and smiled : “Old Madam Shang having called me here, have you anything precious to award me?” Old Madam Shang said: “You’re correct; I have something precious for you.” Yan Ji’s heart gave a lurch, for in his life he lusted over monetary wealth, seeing that the Shang Manor bore an aura of wealth, with a prestigious background, could it be that the frail Old Madam Shang seeing such a strong and intimidating person, has broken in fear, and sought to give away some fortunes to preserve her life? He cannot help but be frightened and excited at the prospect. But she continued to walk straight ahead, past three courtyards before she arrives at a door, which she pushed open and entered herself before motioning him to do the same: “You may enter now!”

Yan Ji peeked into the room, to see that the room was ten feet wide with stone walls, and completely bereft of anything except for a square table in the middle. Feeling strange, he raises a foot to enter the room, and said in a big voice: “If you had anything to say, say it quick, and no playing tricks with me.” Old Madam Shang did not answer, but puts out a hand to shut the door, and locked it. Yan Ji felt strange, and looked around. He found an altar on the table, on which is written “the late husband Shang Jien Ming”. Yan Ji thought that, “Shang Jien Ming, Shang Jien Ming, this name is familiar, but who is he?” But he couldn’t think of an answer now.

Old Madam Shang said slowly: “You and your likes dared to come to Shang Manor to cause trouble, very foolhardy you are. If my late husband is still in this world, even if there are ten Yan Jis, they all would already be slain. Even though today Shang Manor is only left with an orphan and a widow, we cannot allow thieves and bandits to come to our door to bully us.” As she finished these words, her slumped back were no longer slumped; they suddenly straightened out, her eyes suddenly shone with a fierce, determined light that wasn’t there before; in an instant she was transformed from a weak, shuffling old lady into an almost warrior-like figure.

Yan Ji was slightly startled, ‘So this old dame is only pretending to be old and weak.’ he thought. But she is only a woman, what was there to be afraid of? He says with a smile: “I’ve come up to your door, deceived and bullied some people, and you want to take a bite out of me?” Old Madam Shang walked to the table nearby, and behind the altar she withdrawn a yellow cloth bundle, one that is covered in dust, obviously it was put there with the purpose of inconspicuousness. She did not pat away the dust, but proceeded to remove the knot, and opened the bundle. There was a flash of purple light, and a cold aura emanated from it; there was a thick handle and a thin blade, it was a purple coloured gold Ba Gua saber. Yan Ji suddenly had a flashback of an event that has happened decades ago, he backed up several steps, his left hand flashing to his ghostheaded saber and transferring it to his right, calling out: “Ba Gua saber Shang Jien Ming!”

Old Madam Shang, with a look thriumph on her face, replied: “Though the hero has passed on, his blade still remained! I, as the widow of my late husband shall challenge you with this Ba Gua saber, and I’ll teach you a lesson for your impertinence today.” Holding the hilt, she started with the move “the young lad worships Buddha”, she bowed to the altar, turned around, already beginning the first move of the Ba Gua style, “left handed blade”. She went to a relaxed stance, her left hand holding the blade diagonally and right hand lowered in an almost fluid way, where has the old lady that was there a minute ago?

Even though Yan Ji was wary in his heart, but thinking about the defeat of‘the Hundred Sure Wins Godly Fists’ Ma Xin Kong under his hand, he believed that even if Shang Jien Ming himself was here, he would have been a little afraid. But event if Old Madam Shang’s skill went up a few more notches, it would still be limited. He slashed out with his ghosthead saber, and smiled: “If you want to have a contest of skill, why not have it in the big hall? But coming here, surely you do not need to have your dead husband’s memorial placque looking at you for you to gain the strength to combat me?” Old Madam Shang countered: “You’re right, my late husband’s honorable plague, can strike fear into the cowardly likes of you bandits.” Yan Ji can’t help but to glance at the plague, and he suddenly felt strangely nervous. He wanted to end this quickly, and depart hastily from this cold and dark hall/place, and said: “Old Madam Shang, your move first.” Old Madam Shang said: “You are the visitor, stronghold host; I invite you to make the first move.” She heard the sudden shift to politeness on his part, and felt inclined to do so herself, and thereupon addressed him as “stronghold host”.

Yan Ji said: “I have never had any enmity with the Shang Manor, and are only after Lord Ma’s plunder. But when Old Madam Shang showed up, we had ceased our weapons, and we are not really harming anyone.” Old Madam Shang raised her eyebrows, and in a low and deep voice said: “Not that easy! Shang Jien Ming is a prestigious hero, he constructed Shang Manor, how can we let others come and fro as they wish?” Yan Ji felt frustrated, and said: “What do you want then?” Old Madam Shang said: “When you have defeated this blade on this hand, cut off my head, slain my son...... “ Yan Ji was shaken when he heard that, and thought, “I never had any enmity with you. This is only an accidental confrontation, is it really necessary to stake our lives in this way?” But she continued, “If this old lady can even win against you on the basis of even one or two moves, you will leave here without your head.” This said, she shouted: “Start moving!”

Yan Ji by this time had flushed red from anger, he shouted: “Why would I want both of your lives? I only wanted the Shang Manor.” as soon as he said this his blade flickered, in anticipation for the upcoming battle, Old Madam Shang made her move “facing the sun” in a slash. This strike was both quick and fierce, but, Yan Ji dodged just as quickly, or else his head would have been in halves, leaving him only to hear a swishing sound that reverberated in his right ear; the saber had just passed by his cheek by an inch, had he been slower, would he lose half of his brains.

Having evaded the first strike, Yan Ji had realized how fiercely she had attacked him and was for a moment he was shocked into stupor, and knowing that her next move will target his waist, he quickly maneuvered his ghost-headed saber to block, and was awarded when a metallic clang resounded across the room, the blades clashing together beautifully with a showering flower of sparks. Upon this Yan Ji realized her muscular strength is only about average, not even close to his own, and his heart was greatly relieved at this, and thereupon he struck out with “pushing the saber shearing the throat”. Old Madam Shang just hmmphed, and evaded it, saying: “Four Sect saber skills, hardly anything impressive.” But Yan Ji replied with a smile: “I agree, but it’s more than enough to beat you with.” He took a step forward utilizing “the hand saber”. Surprisingly Old Madam Shang did not pull back, but instead meet it headlong with her own counter attack, “truncating the ear to pull up the cheek”, her saber chopping down in a slanting arc.

Yan Ji was greatly surprised, and thought that, “How is she willing to risk death?” Actually in the numerous branches of martial arts there are moves that are simply suicidal, rushing headlong into battle, one that would end up badly for both participants. These are the kind of moves that one would not use unless desperate. With ninety percent fatality, it is a dangerous move, and one does not use it unless as a last resort. If Old Madam Shang had raised her blade to defend, she would have blocked his attack, but who would have thought she would put her life unexpectedly on the line, only to get a hit in.

Though she cared not a whit about her life, Yan Ji does, and ducked to the floor at the last moment, and lashed out with a kick. It was an impressive move, one that nearly cost Old Madam Shang the use of her wrist, but she evaded in time, and quickly turned the Ba Gua saber downward in his direction, and only then did Yan Ji retracted his leg. It turns out that in the years past he has mastered several strange forms of unarmed combat, on that has won him victories in recent years. Though his saber skill were average, but with these strange and mysterious martial arts to complement his saber skill, the commonplace and stagnant Four Sect saber skill has ascended to a new level of prowess, having defeated a good many heroes. Whenever he got involved in a fight, and the scales tipping against him, he would pull out his trump card to level the playing ground and tipped the scales back in his favour.

In a single moment, one old lady and a bandit leader were locked in battle, their blades carving the air in a deadly dance, lifting up dust into the air of the tiny room. Yan Ji had then realized just how exquisitely skillful Old Madam Shang’s saber skill were, that if not for his own facility in his own brand of unarmed combat, he would have already lost his own life under the deadly Ba Gua saber, this old lady has such astounding skill in Wugong, that he could not but be secretly amazed, and he thought: “This fight have gone too long, if I but make one small mistake, my brain would have been chopped in half, this is a serious problem indeed.” With this in mind he proceeded in using the moves that he knew best, throwing out punches and kicks nonstop, with only a few jabs and slashes from his blade here and there. This step was immediately effective, not only Old Madam Shang was hard pressed to block, but he was forcing her retreat as well. Yan Ji feeling complacently smug, says with a smile: “Heh heh, turns out Shang Jien Ming wasn’t much of a hero after all, the Ba Gua saber skill isn’t really that out of ordinary.”

Now, Old Madam Shang had revered her late husband as much she would a deity, and these words have struck too close to home, and over her eyes came a sudden angry light, and suddenly her moves took a drastic turn; her blade has suddenly become a flicker of white light too fast too be caught by the naked eye, and a barrage of golden blades seem to close in from every directions. At this point each of her moves has reached a very suicidal level, each blow infused with a desperate need to wound and maim with no quarters given, any last vestiges of concern over her own life and death long abandoned. Yan Ji shouts loudly: “Are you crazy, hey Old Madam Shang, I’m not the one who killed your husband, why are you so desperate to do away with me? Hey, are you even listening to me?” he shouted this as he was busy running away.

As soon as he loses his fighting spirit, Old Madam Shang seemed to be even further enraged, continuously chopping like raging fire, her saber seemingly even quicker than before, even Yan Ji’s strange fighting moves was rendered useless, not even having time to retaliate and focused on escaping, the room being the main priority. He seems to be facing an extremely irate insect mother that has gone mad, all thoughts of victory and defeat, glory and shame were driven out of his head, and is now concentrating on how to escape.

He had attempted several times to pull open the door, but every time he tried that Old Madam Shang would beat him to the door and forced him to retreat. He saw that she used “the night demon rakes the sea”, “one step pulls up the saber”, “the immortal pointing out the road”, blade clashing against blade, Yan Ji bravened up his heart, performed a somersault and followed through with a back kick, saying “Bye Bye!” and with his left leg bringing up some force, he flung his body out of the window. But who would have expected that old madam Shang would risk the kick, and picking up pursuit, lashed out with her blade. Outside there were two more or less simultaneous cries of pain, followed by two distinct thuds outside the window.

Old Madam Shang quickly jumped out, even though she received a kick to her shoulder, there was not any heavy injuries. Yan Ji’s thigh received a nasty slash, and was having difficulty standing.

In that instant he was so shocked that his soul nearly jumped out of his body. Old Madam Shang’s eye were bloodshot, and when the bronze saber descended, and he quickly extended his hand to grip her calf, shouting: “Have mercy!”

When Old Madam Shang was young, she often accompanied her father in his journeys, and after her marriage she would roam the whole of Jiang Hu with her husband. Throughout her life she had met a lot of skilled and prestigious martial arts experts, but she had never met such a useless bastard as this one in front of her, and in great shock, couldn’t bring herself to deliver the finishing blow. Yan Ji was willing to crawl on the ground, and knocking his head repeatedly on the ground, he said: “Please have mercy on my insolent self! I am a son of a b***h! If Old Madam wants to skin me or tear out my tendons, it is up to you, but I beg you to stay your blade.”

Thanks for your continued dedication, Alasnuyo!