Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Eva Huang Sheng Yi

She's so skinny but her bust is so well formed......drool.....

Oh she's in the China tv series Kungfu Beggars which I'm now watching.

movie with alec su? wanna watching that

I heard Eva is now working on her new TV series 《天仙配后传》 which is a continuation series for her her 2007 film 《天仙配》. Very little is posted online about this new series, but I know it will be release early August of 2011. Ill keep you guys updated. Go Eva!

haven't heard any news about her for ages she is getting prettier. watched Tian Xian Pei 2007 years ago. glad there might be a sequel
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

her new movie. she looks good. as a matter of fact, the costumes and the ladies look great (minus the seduction scene by the extras) i love that she can act and use her eyes to express emotions so well.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/the-sorc...18471#comments

don't really care for raymond lam outside of tvb. sorta wish that they chose another leading man. eva and raymond make a strange looking pair. don't know why.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I agree, the trailers for "White Snake" look really impressive! The special effects are probably the best I've seen in a Chinese movie so far, the scenery/fight scenes etc also look spectacular. Trailers:

Not getting my hopes that high yet though--I just watched LYF's "Qian Nu You Hun" which actually has a kinda similar storyline...beautiful female "demon/spirit" wearing a white dress has a love story with a scholarly young guy and is hunted down by other people etc etc. QNYH also had fantastic special effects, great fight choreography and nice sets but the story left me bored (no chemistry between the leads making the love triangle fall flat, a pretty boring plotline)...so I hope the story in this one lives up to the hype and they didn't focus all their energy on the special effects. I haven't seen Eva Huang in anything yet--she's another who was compared a lot to LYF before; from these clips my impression is she's not quite as beautiful as LYF but her acting seems a lot better.

I also like Charlene Choi (supporting role as Green Snake) and Vivian Hsu (cameo role). No opinion on Raymond Lam (don't know much about him) but he doesn't look that handsome in these trailers...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 09-14-11 at 10:46 PM.

eva has grown too skinny, but she was hot in kungfu hustle. she isn't as beautiful as lyf since eva has lost so much weight (sort of looks like a horse face sometimes), but she definitely has more onscreen charisma and has acting chops! and when her makeup is done right, she can look very beautiful. plus, the costumes in this series is amazing for the female leads.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    eva has grown too skinny, but she was hot in kungfu hustle. she isn't as beautiful as lyf since eva has lost so much weight (sort of looks like a horse face sometimes), but she definitely has more onscreen charisma and has acting chops! and when her makeup is done right, she can look very beautiful. plus, the costumes in this series is amazing for the female leads.
    Yes, I think that's it--her face is a bit too gaunt. She'd definitely look prettier with a fuller face! XD

Funnily enough I always thought Eva was a HK actress for some reason...but I guess I should've known--China wouldn't have picked a HK actress as one of the new 4 young "dan" actresses! It's interesting that the new set of 4 all come from different regions--Eva from Shanghai (east), YM from Beijing (central/north), LYF from Wuhan (central/south...and my hometown ^_^), Wang Luodan from inner Mongolia (north).

Now that three of them have started to participate in major movie productions it'll be neat to see if they live up to their "predecessors". (I have to give major props to whoever selects these actresses--the first generation no doubt are leading the Chinese movie industry right now, and back when the second generation was chosen, none of them were that big yet--but a few years later they are proving their worth too! Well, except maybe Wang Luodan, I don't know too much about her...but apparently her acting skills are very good, she just hasn't expanded into movies yet.)

I really miss seeing Eva onscreen. I've always liked her since Kung Fu Hustle. I'm kinda interested in seeing her White Snake film now.

It's disappointing to see several of the scenes (esp. those involving Fa Hai (Jet Li's character)) copied from Tsui Hark's 90s version starring Joey Wong & Maggie Cheung. Even the costumes are somewhat similar. Interesting to note that both LYF & Eva are playing roles which Joey Wong was well-known for (Xiao Qian & Bai Suzhen).
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

New trailer of her White Snake movie: http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/null/v.swf

Focus of this one is on the special effects, which really look spectacular for a Chinese film. Some parts still look a bit fake/overdone, but the budgets for Chinese films can't compare at all to Hollywood films so I am really impressed. Since it looks like they spent so much effort on the action scenes and CGI, I'm not expecting an amazing storyline, but I think this might be one of those films where I don't mind a mediocre plot if the action is fast-paced, exciting, and enjoyable.