Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More HSDS questions...

Question More HSDS questions...

When did Xie Xun know that Zhu Zhi Ruo was the one who stole the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre?

Can someone tell me all about Fan Yao (from the novel)?

How long ago was Golden Flower Granny and Mister Silverleaf incident? And The Ming cult leader dying from fire deviation? I'm just trying to figure out how they can have a daughter thats around Zhang Wu Ji's age. It just seems that XZ should be older?

And ZWJ's cousin, in the novel, did she die on the snake island or not?

Spoilers.

1. He knew that immediately, i.e. on the island due to his acute hearing. He only played along with the act since both he and wuji were poisoned and can't do much until they recover from its effects. Not sure why he, Xie Xun, didnt attack as soon as they recovered.

2. Same Ming rank with Yang Xiao, one down from Cult leader. Likewise, similar kungfu abilities, intelligence and both are male beauts. Ruined his facial features in order to infiltrate the Mongol army. Thus become martial arts teacher to Zhaomin. Had a crush on purple dragon/golden granny.

3. Havent checked the details nor done the calculations. It does seem strange. The fire deviation incident happened before XX's family massacre. And Xie xuns been going at it for quite a while before encountering ZWj's parents. So its 5-10 years (and possibly more) between the flower and leaf meeting, and giving birth to XZ. I sense infertility or persian contraceptives.

4. She appeared to have died in all counts i think, ie. heart beat, breathing. But when she were just buried, she woke. So at the end of the story she was alive and well. It wasnt snake island i think. Is snake island where golden granny lived?

Btw how did ZZR force Zhaomin off the island? How come Zhaomin didnt come back and rescue the rest? Was the boat that arrived by accident? Did ZZR plan it or was it Zhaomin's?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Spoilers.

1. He knew that immediately, i.e. on the island due to his acute hearing. He only played along with the act since both he and wuji were poisoned and can't do much until they recover from its effects. Not sure why he, Xie Xun, didnt attack as soon as they recovered.

2. Same Ming rank with Yang Xiao, one down from Cult leader. Likewise, similar kungfu abilities, intelligence and both are male beauts. Ruined his facial features in order to infiltrate the Mongol army. Thus become martial arts teacher to Zhaomin. Had a crush on purple dragon/golden granny.

3. Havent checked the details nor done the calculations. It does seem strange. The fire deviation incident happened before XX's family massacre. And Xie xuns been going at it for quite a while before encountering ZWj's parents. So its 5-10 years (and possibly more) between the flower and leaf meeting, and giving birth to XZ. I sense infertility or persian contraceptives.

4. She appeared to have died in all counts i think, ie. heart beat, breathing. But when she were just buried, she woke. So at the end of the story she was alive and well. It wasnt snake island i think. Is snake island where golden granny lived?

Btw how did ZZR force Zhaomin off the island? How come Zhaomin didnt come back and rescue the rest? Was the boat that arrived by accident? Did ZZR plan it or was it Zhaomin's?
    yes, snake island is where golden flower granny lived.

zzr drugged everyone except herself and placed the unconsious zm on a raft, sailing away into the deep waters( so that she could shift all the blame to the latter). zm was lucky to survive and reached back mainland. she sent some soldiers in a boat to check out the whereabouts of zwj and the rest on the island. but the soldiers were killed by zzr (and xie xun if im not wrong) as she was afraid that they might mention abt zm and spoil her plans.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Why didnt she kill ZM b4 sending her away on the raft?

I guess ZZR wants ZM to live to rescue the three stranded ppl, but does she think ZM will keep a secret of what happened that night?

I guess ZZR wants ZM to live to rescue the three stranded ppl, but does she think ZM will keep a secret of what happened that night?
    with her devious nature, who would believe her?

what she said is that she will not kill a defenceless woman.

i think there was a thread on this before. the reason why she sent zm away was to make her "disappear" and thus, shifting all the blame onto her, making zwj hate zm. also so that she can be alone with zwj. but i think you came up with a good point, why not kill zm and send her away so that no one will know what she did and even if they find zm's body, zzr can conveniently say that zm died on her way back since u never know what will happen at sea and no one would suspect her since she was "poisoned" too.

i guess she didnt expect zm to survive since the latter was drugged too (i find it hard to believe how she survived too, given she being poisoned with no food and water...was she saved by a fisherman or something?). either that or she had a plan that even if zm survived, it would be too late for the latter to clear her name since by that time, she would have psychoed zwj into believing that zm was the culprit and could enjoy seeing zm being misunderstood and hurt. if could also be that zzr couldnt bring herself to kill zm which is quite unlikely seeing what she did to zhu er (and she hates zm more.)...but she also did what she did to zhu er cause the latter woke up earlier thn expected, i dont think zzr planned to hurt zhu er, did she?

but i agree with your last point that she didint kill zm in hope that the latter would survive and send ppl to rescue them cause although zzr wanted to be with zwj, she wouldnt want to be stuck with him forever on an island. furthermore, she had to master the jiu ying zhen jing and glorify ermei, so she had to leave the island. i think zzr only wanted the boat sent by zm to get back to shore (did they leave by the boat sent by zm or what?) so she killed the soldiers to silence them and led zwj to believe that zm sent soldiers to finish them off instead of the other way round. i believe that zzr was sure that if they met zm later on, zm would try to clear her name which would be quite useless since all evidence point to her. zzr knew zm was smart but zzr was very intelligent too, and so would later use emotional balckmail and stuff to dissuade zwj frm believing and re-accepting zm. and like what shen long said, zm is known to be cunning and witty so it'll be rather difficult for ppl to believe her.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-05-05 at 01:28 AM.

Wise Fool

What's this talk about a raft? I thought they were left with a wooden ship after the Persian Ming Cult left.

She stole Zhao Min's Weakening powder (poison) to weaken everyone and steal the two weapons. She forced ZM off the island and on to the ship, then stole the weapons but never expected for Zhu Er to wake up and thus killed her. Even without Zhu Er's death, ZZR would have accused ZM of stealing the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre and running off with the ship.

By the way, is it Dragon Slayer Sabre or just Dragon Sabre? Because the english translation seem to opt the 'slayer' part out? Or maybe not.

Dragon Slaying Sabre is the correct one. Tu Long means slaying the dragon, and the sabre is supposed to be a symbol for the Han rebels to overthrow the Mongolian empire.

How long ago was Golden Flower Granny and Mister Silverleaf incident? And The Ming cult leader dying from fire deviation? I'm just trying to figure out how they can have a daughter thats around Zhang Wu Ji's age. It just seems that XZ should be older?
    1st one: 14-15 years before Brightness Peak battle.
    2nd one: Around 20 years.

GF Granny and her hubby got those nicknames a few years after they left the Brightness Peak (which was right after Yang Dingtian "disappeared").
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

is this based on the novel? i also remember it vaguely from hsds79. my questions are:
    1. is the wooden ship is left the persians? or sent by zm's brother?
    2. why zm sail off with the ship without the rest? is it because she needs to go back to mainland first?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    What's this talk about a raft? I thought they were left with a wooden ship after the Persian Ming Cult left.
    She stole Zhao Min's Weakening powder (poison) to weaken everyone and steal the two weapons. She forced ZM off the island and on to the ship, then stole the weapons but never expected for Zhu Er to wake up and thus killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    is this based on the novel? i also remember it vaguely from hsds79. my questions are:
    1. is the wooden ship is left the persians? or sent by zm's brother?
    2. why zm sail off with the ship without the rest? is it because she needs to go back to mainland first?
    2. Have you totally ignored what is discussed before? It's ZZR who forced ZM to take the ship and leave the island.

And as for the ship I think its the same one they(ZWJ, XZ, and ZM) were in with Golden Flower Granny when, Golden flower Granny took ZZR to the Island and ZWJ disguised themselves to find out where GFG was taking ZZR.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-07-05 at 12:27 AM.

2. Have you totally ignored what is discussed before? It's ZZR who forced ZM to take the ship and leave the island.

And as for the ship I think its the same one they(ZWJ, XZ, and ZM) were in with Golden Flower Granny when, Golden flower Granny took ZZR to the Island and ZWJ disguised themselves to find out where GFG was taking ZZR.
    i thought it was left by the persians since chen yongliang escaped with golden flower granny's boat?

Wise Fool

I haven't read the book. But based on HSDS03, the ship was sent by the mongols to kill ZWJ n the rest on the island. But instead all the mongols got killed. So ZWJ took their ship.

Cheers!

How did zzr manage to force zm to take the ship to leave? at that stage, both of them should have the same level of kung fu. and why must zm leave on zzr's command?

It's ZZR who forced ZM to take the ship and leave the island.

How did zzr manage to force zm to take the ship to leave? at that stage, both of them should have the same level of kung fu. and why must zm leave on zzr's command?
    Because ZM was poisoned and wasn't able to use her kungfu against ZZR.

thank you for the clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by lthlth

Quote Originally Posted by mong lang
    I haven't read the book. But based on HSDS03, the ship was sent by the mongols to kill ZWJ n the rest on the island. But instead all the mongols got killed. So ZWJ took their ship.

Cheers!
    zm wanted to send soldiers to save/check the whereabts of zwj and the rest, not to kill them but did her brother switch her orders around? anyway, who was the one who sent the mongols? zm or her brother? frm what i know, it was zm but zzr killed them to silence them as well as to further frame zm (what an intelligent move, killing 2 birds with 1 stone)

Quote Originally Posted by lthlth
    not only that, if im not wrong, everyone including zm were unconcious. zzr dragged zm onto the ship and sailed it away. when zm woke up, she didnt even know what hit her.

at that stage, both of them should have the same level of kung fu.
    i always thought zm was better than zzr, that is until zzr learnt a quarter, or maybe less of the jiu yin white bone claws.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-08-05 at 08:26 AM.

Wise Fool

what is the novel's version? is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions the same? hehe.

can i ask this? anyone watch hsds79 before? any good reason why zm does not end up with zwj other than make it an anti-climax?

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

In the 3rd edition this is even more mind-boggling, because as a reader we are not sure whether Xie Xun knew Zhou Zhiruo was the culprit. He doesn't carve anything in that prison pit anymore.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)