Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding drama series

Smile Outstanding drama series

Hi,

What are the outstanding drama series in singapore? can anyone please tell me, i don't think i have seen singapore drama seriesjust yet.

Gosh...well the few Spore series that I still remember are...Aiyoyo!, the gambling one...Untouchables or Unbeatables or something like that?, and I think the recent Fann Wong show 'Beautiful Illusions' wasn't too bad. Oh yeah, and Holland V, which was a pretty big hit.
    School of Zhao Wei - the ultimate English resource for Vicki Zhao

It is called the Unbeatables, the Unbeatables has three series, the original one, and 2 sequels. The original one was pretty good, I remembered following the show very closely. Unbeatables II was ok... but the real nightmare was Unbeatables III, please don't want, just watch the first two.

Aiyoyo serial was way way back, the story was nice, it is a countryside story with a nice storyline about a teacher.

Beautiful Illusions is one of the better series that Mediacorp produced recently, definitely worth a watch. I am not a big fan of Holland V though, cause it is one of those series that focuses on family problems and is so so so long. Same goes for Double Happiness and the current Tong Xin Yuan.
    Last edited by beansprouts; 07-04-05 at 06:34 AM.

Hm... I also liked those dramas they produced about older times like 1940s-1960s... like Stepping Out, Bukit Ho Swee etc

I liked the sci-fi like Adventures of Wisely, Beyond the Axis of Truth (although i can't get over the fact that they thought limewater was lime mixed with water -.-)

Also liked Devils Blues, PI Blues... Love Me Love Me Not...

They're hot on family oriented dramas nowadays, I suppose they're fine to watch as long as you have the time to watch, are feeling bored and don't take them too seriously.

I like the Morning Express Series too, the first one only though, cause I thought Fann Wong looks pretty good paired up with Chen Hanwei in the first series. The second series was rather blah with Ann kok as the female lead. I like Jie Lian Huan too, and Zai jian Ying guang lan... haha, seems like I like quite a few Fann Wong shows.

The one which made Xie ShaoGuang and Huang Biren no. 1 actor and actress also. forgot the name. Xie Shao Guang is brilliant and ego surgeon who suffers brain damage after a car accident and has to rebuild his life. A really beautiful piece of acting there. Should be exported.

Is that Home Affairs?

Talking

I only like romantic drama series, i don't like the action series.
    So, is that any?

Love me, Love me not was a pretty good romance series to me.. Zai Jian /ying Guang Lan as well.

i like older series like coffe o 1. perhaps, i am growing up in a hdb area, i can relate to the series quite wll.
    currently, i am watching potraits of home and you fu. i think the latter is quite touching, esp it stresses a lot of values like never give up, take life easy, there is hope for everyone.

yuh definitely the unbeatables but i tink the first one was the best...the third one had horrendous Visual effects..
    by the way...anyone knows where to get singapore series torrents?
    ~yOu aRe my sUnshiNe my oNly sUnshIne
    yOu mAke mE haPpy wHeN sKieS aRe gReY
    yOu nEvEr kNoW jUsT hOw mUcH i LoVe yOu
    pLeaSe dOn'T takE my sUnshInE aWay~
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

I really liked 'Price of Peace'. Someone's gotta tell we to get that if it's even possible to get tat..

I liked the version of The Adventures of Wisely that TCS did with Tao Da Yu and Zoe Tay as the leads.

That seemed like TCS' heyday then.

Default old old shows

I am going to mention this old serial...I wonder if anyone else here can remember 'Jun Zi Hao Qui' back in the late 80s. Chen Shu Chen as the eldest brother in a family of siblings all with marital problems. Chen Shu Cheng's character owed a marriage agency and he and his female assistant, who was very ugly in the beginning (and eventually became transformed and married him) had all these non-stop bickers..it was so funny. His name in the show was called DuoHou.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am going to mention this old serial...I wonder if anyone else here can remember 'Jun Zi Hao Qui' back in the late 80s. Chen Shu Chen as the eldest brother in a family of siblings all with marital problems. Chen Shu Cheng's character owed a marriage agency and he and his female assistant, who was very ugly in the beginning (and eventually became transformed and married him) had all these non-stop bickers..it was so funny. His name in the show was called DuoHou.
    I realised that this thread was about recommending good Singapore serials...in that case, this one I mentioned would be way too old and unavailable as vcds.

I second the drama that won awards for Xie Shaoguang and Huang Biren but it may not be available as vcds too.

Default !

last time shows are so much better
    Now mediacrAp just made shows over and over again
    Like tong xin yuan and stuff... so sianx!
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Smile

Think they got no more new ideas le... after making like 4 or 5 modern series, they'll make a so called blockbuster for ancient and it's always starring Fann Wong & Christopher Lee. As for modern, it's always Xie Shao Guang, Chen Li Ping, Xiang Yun, Tay Ping Hui, Cynthia Koh, Ow Xuan and all. No more newbies lee.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by Meli Santos
    I only like romantic drama series, i don't like the action series.
    So, is that any?
    Looking for Stars is romantic as well as dramatic with great theme song too. Fann and Christopher with Cynthia Koh ...

Xie ShaoGuang and Huang Biren's Home Affairs (i think is the title) is one of best in terms of story and acting... correct me if i'm wrong that both won for best actor and actress .

There are a few good ones..

Holland V
    Zero to Hero
    Double Happiness

Couple of yrs back... erm like Chew Chor Meng's The Last Swordman & Zai Jian Feng Shen Bang, Zoe Tay's The Golden Pillow & San Mian Xia Wa?