Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Kathy Chow

Kathy is still drop-dead gorgeous at 42. As amazing as Vivian Chow at 41, Athena Chu at 37, or Gigi Lai at 37.

Crazy women. Makes granny so depressed.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Kathy is still drop-dead gorgeous at 42. As amazing as Vivian Chow at 41, Athena Chu at 37, or Gigi Lai at 37.

Crazy women. Makes granny so depressed.
    i completely agree
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

It's the magic of makeup. Without it they would look more like the average person. Still would be good looking of course, but not stunning wayyyyyy better looking than average.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Yea, of course it is released in Viet dubbed. That is one of her old series that was released in 1988. It just released on DVD in Viet dubbed last year. It is a great series and I really recommend it! There aren't any English subbed versions.

Brilliant!

Do you happen to know the Viet title of the series? I wanna get the DVD version! TIA
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Makeup does help but the figure, skin, and confidence are still way above average la. All 4 ladies mentioned look ~10 years younger than their age.

I recently watched Athena's tvb interview with Mr. Chan and Kathy's travel show in Sahara Desert - both look very natural and beautiful. Gigi in Gem of Life is pretty too but her makeup is indeed a bit thick heh.

Actually, there are quite a number of stars who did not age as well (comparatively) eg. Maggie Siu, Sonija Kwok. Heck, Charmaine Sheh is still relatively young yet she looks worn.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

(Now, I don't wear makeup so I do not have insider information)

However, from personal experience, some girls whose skin looks so great are due to using makeup to cover up the imperfections on the face. Others use daily beauty creams to maintain the softness and cleanliness.

Various undergarments can also be used to alter one's figure.

Until we see them naked completely natural without any professional lighting or makeup to package the "merchandise," we really don't know for sure.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    Brilliant!

Do you happen to know the Viet title of the series? I wanna get the DVD version! TIA
    You probably might have already seen it. It is called Vo Lam Truyen Ky. It also stars Roger Kwok, Margie Tsang, Hugo Ng, Eddie Cheung, May Ho and a lot of stars from the 80s. Very good series!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Sure, nobody knows for sure except themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    It's the magic of makeup. Without it they would look more like the average person. Still would be good looking of course, but not stunning wayyyyyy better looking than average.
    I totally agree with you Jiang Bao! Make up really makes a big difference. Have you guys all looked at the thread with pix of actresses with no make up? BIG difference! I even heard some peope who saw Liu Yi Fei in real life with no make up or very light make up and they even claimed that she looked at best average.

I personally don't wear make up at all, but I admit that I use cream and lotion once in awhile(Not often or on a daily basis though since it is bad to use too much). My parents say that long term use of make up messes up your skin so it is better to have natural beauty. I surprisely still get compliments on my skin even when I don't use anything(also I can't afford it since creams and lotion are expensive too). Anyways, the point is that these actresses really need the make up and other skin care products, which is why they spend so much money on them. If they don't use any make up or other products, I question whether they will still look even half as good as we see them? Imagine catching them when they first wake up? That is the real them without all of this make up and stuff.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Well, if the lay person can "look good" (ambiguous definition) without makeup, I think stars can too, just not as amazing as Baobao said. Afterall, stars are born commoners. I've seen stars on the road with little/no makeup and I'd say many of them still look better than the average girl with little/no makeup.

To be fair, we should compare head to head.

Makeup does enhance a star's appearance, but we should also ask: will putting the same thing on any girl make them equally attractive? Knowing a number of girls who put on makeup daily, I'd say no (although they probably look better than without), which probably means many stars do naturally look better to start with.

Actually I realized there are more lay people who put on makeup than I'd imagine, especially in North America. I also realize many guys can't tell whether a girl has makeup on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Well, if the lay person can "look good" (ambiguous definition) without makeup, I think stars can too, just not as amazing as Baobao said. Afterall, stars are born commoners. I've seen stars on the road with little/no makeup and I'd say many of them still look better than the average girl with little/no makeup.

To be fair, we should compare head to head.

Makeup does enhance a star's appearance, but we should also ask: will putting the same thing on any girl make them equally attractive? Knowing a number of girls who put on makeup daily, I'd say no (although they probably look better than without), which probably means many stars do naturally look better to start with.

Actually I realized there are more lay people who put on makeup than I'd imagine, especially in North America. I also realize many guys can't tell whether a girl has makeup on or not.

That is sort of true, but I honestly think some stars are average even with make up. It varies from person to person, but make up really makes a big difference for all of the stars in general from what I have seen.

I also realized that once you put on make up and become dependent on it, you look really pale and sick without it... It is like an addiction. Once a person is addicted to make up, they MUST wear it or else they don't even want to leave their house to see anyone...That is why people spend so much time and money on make up.. Today I went with my friend to 3 different stores just so she get a specific item/brand of make up. Geez, I have never done that when I was by myself before since I never really wear it...