Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

  1. #181
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Bert reminds me of players like leclair... they are bigger guys that are fortunate to play with great players (naslund). They are good enough in the NHL but not good enough to be the best in the world. They use their size to push the defender aside and rush the goal... and when you do that you have lots of chance of getting goals.

    I have a few favorite teams. I like the Leafs because of Gilmour days. I have cheer for the Flames because Gilmour play for them (and it was my first Stanley Cup I watch when Flames won it all). I also have a soft spot of Oilers (I know you can't be a Flame and a Oiler fan but why not ) because Pronger is playing for them.

    Pattie Marleau is my current favorite player. I also admire Chris Pronger leadership skill and I still believe Oilers is better of giving him A or Captain.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  2. #182
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Bert reminds me of players like leclair... they are bigger guys that are fortunate to play with great players (naslund). They are good enough in the NHL but not good enough to be the best in the world. They use their size to push the defender aside and rush the goal... and when you do that you have lots of chance of getting goals.

    I have a few favorite teams. I like the Leafs because of Gilmour days. I have cheer for the Flames because Gilmour play for them (and it was my first Stanley Cup I watch when Flames won it all). I also have a soft spot of Oilers (I know you can't be a Flame and a Oiler fan but why not ) because Pronger is playing for them.

    Pattie Marleau is my current favorite player. I also admire Chris Pronger leadership skill and I still believe Oilers is better of giving him A or Captain.
    Do you get to see games from the East? You're missing a lot if you haven't got the chance to see the Senators this year. It's an amazing team stacked with talent. Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin are also a treat to watch. I think that the East is so much interesting these days with lots of talent. It seams that the West is not as interesting IMHO.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  3. #183
    Senior Member Bai Qi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingdom of Qin
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Bert reminds me of players like leclair... they are bigger guys that are fortunate to play with great players (naslund). They are good enough in the NHL but not good enough to be the best in the world. They use their size to push the defender aside and rush the goal... and when you do that you have lots of chance of getting goals.

    I have a few favorite teams. I like the Leafs because of Gilmour days. I have cheer for the Flames because Gilmour play for them (and it was my first Stanley Cup I watch when Flames won it all). I also have a soft spot of Oilers (I know you can't be a Flame and a Oiler fan but why not ) because Pronger is playing for them.

    Pattie Marleau is my current favorite player. I also admire Chris Pronger leadership skill and I still believe Oilers is better of giving him A or Captain.

    That is where you're wrong James. You might be right on on Leclair, but even that guy has talent (or had) when he doesn't play with great players. As for Bertuzzi, if you think the reason he's good is because he plays with great players and scores garbage goals, then you really haven't seen him at his best. The guy is a combination of finesse and strength. Ever watched Cam Neely play? Bertuzzi is just like Cam, but not as talented. Tongiht's game where he got a hat trick against the Wings, 2 of his goals were highlight reel. The guy can absolute dominate a game by himself with or without Naslund. It showed tonight when Naslund only set him up on one of his 3 goals. Go to Canucks.com and check out the highlights of the Detroit / Vancouver game. Bert does depend on his strength a lot, but when it comes to scoring goals, not since Pavel Bure, had a player scored more hightlight reel goals then Bert.

    As for you being both a Flames and Oilers fan, that is impossible. These two teams hate each other and so have their fans all along. You have to choose one or the other or else the whole universe will collapse cause such contradictions can not exist in this dimension.

    I don't really have a favorite NHL team usually, I mostly follow players. In fact, the only thing I really care about is Team Canada and I follow the players which I think would be good for Team Canada and my favorites right now are Jason Spezza and Dany Heatly so the Sanators are at the moment my favorite NHL team to watch. So this whole theory why some fans dislike Bertuzzi doesn't concern me. I've disliked Bertuzzi ever since I first saw him sporting the Canadian jersey. I think I saw him play for Canada twice, don't really remember. All I can remember is how idiot is Bertuzzi. He was the most stupid player on ice on all occasions and made a gazillion dumb penalties. I was ashamed of my team because of Bert and that was years before the Moore incident. Right now, Bert doesn't diserve to even be a bottle boy on Team Canada. He was good in one game, does that make him diserving for a ticket to Torino? Heck NO. My enjoyment of watching Team Canada will evaporate in an instant.
    Well, I don't know about that. Bertuzzi was a mediocre player the last time he played for team Canada at the World Championships. Back then in the days when the Nucks were an awlful team, he was more of a goon than an all-star. However, ever since his outburst in the year Iginla won the art ross, he's been a true powerforward (minus the last season of course). You can't compare the Bertuzzi of many years ago to the Bertuzzi of his powerforward years. He was much smarter on the ice and rarely took bad penalities (of course he got a lot of penalties last season cause the refs didn't let him stand in front of the goalie on pps).

    Anyway, Bert got a hat trick tonight, but like I already said. If we judge his overall play this season, he doesn't deserve to be on team Canada. However, if he continues his current play (scored 5 goals in his last 3 games, then he might just make team Canada). Anyway, I just want to see the best players on the planet at the Olympics.

    Yeah, I agree. Both Spezza and Heatley should be on team Canada and I would take both of them over Bertuzzi. I would take Staal, Thorton, Sakic, and Iginla, over him too and a few others I might've missed. However, if Bertuzzi keeps up his current play, I don't know if I would take Gagne (thanks to Foppa), Lemieux (should be there only cause of his name), or Yzerman over him.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

    http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

  4. #184
    Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canuckle-ville
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    bai qi- i didnt know the forum was up again, so i didnt post here for alittle bit. now dat i know, i'll be posting here regularly again . i know alot of ppl, like yourself, are down on jovo. honestly he drives me nuts too. but i think his defensive lapse has alot to do w/ crawford. marc wants jovo to play like a offensive d-man, he wants jovo to join/lead the rush and take chances, and that leads to turnovers. add to dat jovo's been trippin over alot, and eddy now looks more like sopel out there. i'd still like him back next yr, but mabbe at a lower salary.

    canuck21- i agree w/ u dat 1 game is too soon to jump back on the bertuzzi bandwagon, but he does have a 3 game goal streak and is skating and workin hard again, so dats a good sign. hopefully he'll keep improving and regain his 02/03 form. as for him takin stupid penalties, i agree its pretty risky to put him on the olympic team when 1 penalty can kill your turnament. its up to gretzky and co. to decide if its worth the risk to put bert on the team, i trust they'll make the rite choice. as for the east being stack, all u have to look at is the scoring leaders. the top 10 scorers in the nhl are all from the east, and the 2 best rookie scorers also plays in that conference. i think the west have become alittle more defensive while the east (with more skilled players now) have become more offensive. this is why im so angry dat eastern teams only plays in vancouver once every 3 yrs.

    james- u CAN be a flames and oiler fan at the same time, cuz im a canucks and avalanches fan and im happy w/ dat just dont let your friends know tho, haha.

  5. #185
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Hehe, i think i will cheer for both Oilers and Flames internally now on ... who ever wins, I am happy
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    The Senators will win it all most likely. They are the most complete team. Detroit and Flyers also have a chance.

  7. #187
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    I am still going to wait till the playoff to predict who will win it all... I always think it all based down on the goalie and who gets hot then.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I am still going to wait till the playoff to predict who will win it all... I always think it all based down on the goalie and who gets hot then.
    isn't that true lol

  9. #189
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    isn't that true lol
    but sens are looking mighty good now... i just think hasek is a little shaky still... but with that many fire power i think they have a chance. The problem is if they run into a scoring slump then they are in trouble.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    yep.

    but they have a lot of firepower and depth. hard to be in a slump. I forsee a flyer upset though. Heatley and Spezza are not ready to lead the team and alfredsson is good but is not at the level of champion calibre leader. if he was they should have won already.

    Atlanta was stupid to trade away Heatley for Hossa. Heatley is a franchise player, Hossa is a strong player at best like a LeClair. Kovalchuk, Heatley and Bondra would have been sick. Guess no matter who u are if you kill a teammate you have to go.

    Forsberg and Gagne are tearing it up. If no injuries, they are the team to beat. Forsberg DOES NOT slump. Healthy Forsberg = prolific scoring for your team.

    Lemieux and Gretzky are still the all time heroes but I think though NOT at the same level, it is Forsberg's turn to shine.

    Calgary is dark horse again. Iginla unlike Alfredsson has hallmarks of a champion leader.

    Colorado is struggling coz they can't upkeep their glory days, without Forsberg, Sakic can't carry the team because he is past his prime.

    Detroit is smart to have talented young players. But their goalie will be their demise. I don't think Legace can support playoff hockey.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Nashville makes it far in the playoffs. Kariya can score and Vokhoun has the ability to change the outcome of the game. Esp in playoffs and the new penalty shot rule.

    I don't want to undermine Tampa Bay but I don't see them winning. Esp not with a much more powerful Flyers and Senator team.
    Last edited by Panadol; 11-21-05 at 03:01 AM.

  11. #191
    Member Kolab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    108

    Default

    My internet was down for the last couple of days, and I just got back on. My heart just sank when I read that Jiri Fischer collapsed in the game against Nashville. I just hope he is alright.

  12. #192
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    ya, that was something... Fischer heart stop from what I heard and they had to rush him to the hospital where he is at now. It is good that the game got postpone. They said that he will be in the hospital for a couple more days.

    Crosby and Overchin tonite... Pens is just destorying Caps at the moment.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  13. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    i'm kinda pissed coz I have Forsberg in my hockey pool and he didn't score anything. On the plus side, Demitra picked up 4 pts.

  14. #194
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    i'm kinda pissed coz I have Forsberg in my hockey pool and he didn't score anything. On the plus side, Demitra picked up 4 pts.
    Ya Demitra is just lighting it up the couple of weeks. But my best pick is still McGabe... who is scoring like crazy amongst defensman.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  15. #195
    Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canuckle-ville
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    The Senators will win it all most likely. They are the most complete team. Detroit and Flyers also have a chance.
    they are the best team rite now, which is y im so glad dat i scored 2 box-seat tickets to the nucks/sens game cant wait till i see the spezza/heatley/alfredson line up against the naslund/bertuzzi/morrison line. i say the 'nucks line will be crushed unfortunately.
    as far as the cup goes, i dont think the best team in the league have a very good odds of winning the cup. i think theres only 2 team since '94 dat win the president trophy and the cup, so dats bad news for the sens. but mabbe in a wide open new nhl the goalies arent as important as b4. we'll see.
    dang crosbys doing awesome, did anybody see dat spin-a-rama pass he made against washington!? i've ordered a crosby jersey already!!

  16. #196
    Senior Member Bai Qi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingdom of Qin
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Yeah, I kind of thought that AO would be the better of the two, but right now it seems like Sid is the better one even though AO doesn't have the linemates.

    Anyway, what I'm really worried about is the Flames. They're not this good of a team. I said it all along. I know they're a playoff team, but not a top team in the west. Anyway, it looks like the NW division is retaking the crown again as the best division in the league.... or toughest. And that's bad news for my Nucks cause we're 4-5-1 against teams in our divison while 10-1 against teams outside our division.

    Bertuzzi is on a cold streak again.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

    http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

  17. #197
    Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canuckle-ville
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Yeah, I kind of thought that AO would be the better of the two, but right now it seems like Sid is the better one even though AO doesn't have the linemates.

    Anyway, what I'm really worried about is the Flames. They're not this good of a team. I said it all along. I know they're a playoff team, but not a top team in the west. Anyway, it looks like the NW division is retaking the crown again as the best division in the league.... or toughest. And that's bad news for my Nucks cause we're 4-5-1 against teams in our divison while 10-1 against teams outside our division.

    Bertuzzi is on a cold streak again.
    i dunno if sidney is better then AO rite now, i think AO is playing unbelievable considering hes playing w/ ahl'ers. not only is he top 15 in goals, his hits are equally amazing. anybody saw the caps vs devils game a couple wks ago will agree. he had 2 goals and 4 HUGE hits. he reminds me of the bertuzzi from a few yrs ago.

    btw, bert had a pretty good game today against the sharks. the assists were nice, but i like his effort, his forechecking, and his hits. w/ him being in the latest rumor of the van/fla trade, mabbe hes playing hard to stay in van?

  18. #198
    Senior Member Bai Qi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingdom of Qin
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Well, since I stopped posting here, the Nucks record have been terrible. Now, I'm going to unjinx it. Besides, without me and Monkey, this thread would be dead.

    Anyway, in the past I've always not predicted the score in a Nucks game and even when I did, I predicted against them to jinx the other team. This hasn't been working lately so I'll predict 5-4 for the Nucks over the Avs tonight.

    Bert with 2, Nazzy 1, Daniel with 1, and Salo with 1.

    For the snowflakes, Sakic with 1, Lijles with 1, and Myland Hejduk with 2. Die you Natural Disaters!!!
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

    http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

  19. #199
    Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canuckle-ville
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Well, since I stopped posting here, the Nucks record have been terrible. Now, I'm going to unjinx it. Besides, without me and Monkey, this thread would be dead.

    Anyway, in the past I've always not predicted the score in a Nucks game and even when I did, I predicted against them to jinx the other team. This hasn't been working lately so I'll predict 5-4 for the Nucks over the Avs tonight.

    Bert with 2, Nazzy 1, Daniel with 1, and Salo with 1.

    For the snowflakes, Sakic with 1, Lijles with 1, and Myland Hejduk with 2. Die you Natural Disaters!!!
    haha, so much hate
    well ur rite for dat game, but auld played like crap today against the oilers, and clouts is out for another wk, things arent looking good
    big trade between bos and sj, i thot thornton would get more in a trade but so far sturm and stuart is playing well for the bruins.

  20. #200
    Senior Member Bai Qi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingdom of Qin
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Well, I didn't know the Nucks were going to play against the Oilers last night. That's why I didn't post. Anyway, this Nucks team looks pretty crappy. I couldn't see the Nucks team from the past few seasons losing to the Oilers, Avs, or Flames on a consistent basis. In fact, they were beating the Oilers and Flames on a consistent basis and breaking even with the Avs on a consistent basis. They were also losing to the Wild on a consisten basis too. However, that team is no more. We now have a bunch of floaters and a bunch of crappy d-men. Anyway, there's no excuse for losing to the Oilers tonight.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

    http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Hockey Team
    By James Ko in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1222
    Last Post: 03-18-05, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •