Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Team Canada was annouce this week... I was disappointed that Marleau, Kariya and Theodore wasn't on the team
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    What are you talking about? Why would you put you most talented scorers on shootouts when they are known to suck at them. Iginla never takes shootouts for the Flames cause Sutter knows he sucks on breakaways and yet Iggy is the Flames best player. I don't get why Crawford keeps putting those two out when everyone knows they won't do well on them.

Naslund and Bertuzzi is by far our best players and yet they both suck on shootouts and even before Crawford handed out the 3 shooters list to the ref, I was crossing my fingers that Naslund and Bertuzzi won't be on it. I figured they both miss cause before this shootout, they were 1 for 6 and 0 for whatever in the pre-season. That 1 goal that Bertuzzi scored against Ottawa was barely in too.

Kesler actually did pretty good in shootouts in the pre-season and I would've put him, Daniel, and anyone else on that list. Goalies and teams around the league study video tapes of star players and really, Naslund and Bertuzzi are too predictable (just like Bure was in 94 when he did that move on Richter on a penalty shot in the playoffs). Too bad Malik isn't on our team now. We could really use him. In fact, I would trust Jovo and Ohlund more than I would trust Naslund and Bertuzzi when it comes to shootouts.

I don't think Crawford ever makes his players practice the shootout, which is a huge mistake cause points won in these are critical!

Auld is so bad right now... He's not keeping us in games. As soon as we take a lead, he allows a soft goal for the other team. I don't trust Oulette. I guess I am missing Cloutier now. Our d is just atrocious. Allen is back to his old sucking form. Jovo is just bad and has been all season long. He's terrible defensively and leads the league in giveaways I think. Even our top d-men aren't playing up to par. These division games are so important and yet we keep blowing chunks in thme.

The only positives are Bertuzzi is playing great offensively recently, Naslund is scoring even though he's injured, The Sedins and Carter are doing pretty well, and our pp is good again. However, I don't like Salo on the point. He's not hitting the net and even when he does, he just shoots right at the goalie with no screens in front. Jovo is missing the net, has his shots blocked, or gives the puck away like you said. Seriously, our 2nd PP unit is better than our 1st and I would rather see them on the first minute of the PP than the last 30 seconds.

Also, with the loss to the Kings, my predictions for game day have been 4-0-0-1.
    Well, at least the Nucks got at least a point on every game I predicted.

Oh well, who cares about the division title. The Stanely Cup is all that matters!
    happy new year everybody! wow its 2006 already!? i've been posting here for almost 2 yrs now

bai qi- sorry i guess we'll just have to disagree. i know bert and nazzys not doing well in SO now, but dont 4get nazzy was lethal in penalty shot, who knew y hes not scoring now? but he had proved dat he can score, so i'd keep giving him shots. besides, who else do we got? kesler? he cant aim. hank? hes not a sniper. linden? hes even more predictable then nazzy. cooke? ruutu? mabbe park? but u can see dat we dont have alot of good choices. u pay the big guys the huge money, u live and die w/ them, imo.

im no fan of auld, but i dont think hes not losing the game 4 us. he makes a few huge saves, let in some weak goals, overall its a wash. but i really dont like the timing of the goals, always w/in minutes (sometimes seconds) of our goals, or when we have momentum. i dont expect much from him to begin w/, so im not too disappointed. but at this rate we mite miss the PO. that woulda been inconcievable a few wks ago. oh well, now we get to see what nonis is made of i guess. w/ jovo and salo out, this team is toasted. baummer and bieska on the PP? macarthy on PK? we r farked.

oh yea, one thing dat is pissing me off is how baumer is not keeping the puck in the O-zone at all. mabbe i was spoiled by sopel's mastery at stopin the puck on the blueline, but baumer is costing us points by lettin it out on PP and last minute of regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Team Canada was annouce this week... I was disappointed that Marleau, Kariya and Theodore wasn't on the team
    kariya isnt exactly lighting the league on fire, and theodores GAA is unbelievably high. we have at least 4 centers better then marleau so im not too sad to see him not there.
    overall im not too upset w/ the team. i can careless whos on the team if we bring home gold tho. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    happy new year everybody! wow its 2006 already!? i've been posting here for almost 2 yrs now
    I've posted much longer than you... it's just that I keep changing handles.

bai qi- sorry i guess we'll just have to disagree. i know bert and nazzys not doing well in SO now, but dont 4get nazzy was lethal in penalty shot, who knew y hes not scoring now? but he had proved dat he can score, so i'd keep giving him shots. besides, who else do we got? kesler? he cant aim. hank? hes not a sniper. linden? hes even more predictable then nazzy. cooke? ruutu? mabbe park? but u can see dat we dont have alot of good choices. u pay the big guys the huge money, u live and die w/ them, imo.
    I know Nazzy used to be lethal, but this season he is way overthinking. He hasn't even had a shot on goal in shootouts this season. And Bertuzzi is just not into it when it comes to shootouts. He seems to imitate Nasunld everytime.

Look what happened tonight. Ruutu scored on a penalty shot, yet I doubt Crawford has once thought about using him in a shootout. I would rather take Brookbank in a shootout than Naslund and Bertuzzi. It might seem strange, but penalty shots are completely different from game play, unless you're Mario or Jgar (who are really lethal on them).

Crawford's game plans have become way too predictable. He uses the same PP unit over and over again. He doesn't do much with the lines. You might see Morrison off the first line for some shifts or even a game or two, but he's right back on the 1st line even when they're playing bad. I'm thinking it's more of a coaching problem with this team than anything else. The players have tuned Crawford out and other teams can predict what Crawford would do next.

im no fan of auld, but i dont think hes not losing the game 4 us. he makes a few huge saves, let in some weak goals, overall its a wash. but i really dont like the timing of the goals, always w/in minutes (sometimes seconds) of our goals, or when we have momentum. i dont expect much from him to begin w/, so im not too disappointed. but at this rate we mite miss the PO. that woulda been inconcievable a few wks ago. oh well, now we get to see what nonis is made of i guess. w/ jovo and salo out, this team is toasted. baummer and bieska on the PP? macarthy on PK? we r farked.
    No, it's not just Auld. It's the whole team playing crappy. We barely beat a really bad Hawks team tonight and we only got 17 shots doing it.

oh yea, one thing dat is pissing me off is how baumer is not keeping the puck in the O-zone at all. mabbe i was spoiled by sopel's mastery at stopin the puck on the blueline, but baumer is costing us points by lettin it out on PP and last minute of regulation.

Yeah, no one was as good as Sopel when it came to keeping the puck on side. However, Baumer has been a pleasant surprise for us. He's very decent defensively. It's really our top D-men who's been having mental lapses of late. Allen just doesn't look the same after coming back from injury. Jovo has been horrible defensively all season long. Beiska is learning... Salo and Ohlund haven't been stellar of late. No need to talk about Brookbank on d or McCarthy for that matter.

As for us having 4 centers better than Marleau, can you name one that is not named Hendrik? I can't. Morrison is so overrated and our other 2 centers suck.

J
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Crawford is being to predictable in a lot of things and i have a feeling that the players are tuning him out. I mean look at the effort that is displayed lately. I mean we barely beat the lowly Hawks. The blues game was even worse cause it seemed like they were in a pre season game. These guys are just not showing any effort what so ever. It seems like the Sedin line is the only line that shows consistency game in and game out.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Well, I'm gonna take my 4-0-0-1 record and make a bold prediction for tonight's game. We're in a rough period now, but since I hate the Flames so much I'll say

5-1 for Nucks. Naslund will be steaming and gets a hat trick. Daniel and Carter will get one each.

Husileus will score the lonely goal for the Flames. Kipper will blow chunks and the entire Saddle Dome will collapse caused by the return of that streaker guy.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Well, I'm gonna take my 4-0-0-1 record and make a bold prediction for tonight's game. We're in a rough period now, but since I hate the Flames so much I'll say

5-1 for Nucks. Naslund will be steaming and gets a hat trick. Daniel and Carter will get one each.

Husileus will score the lonely goal for the Flames. Kipper will blow chunks and the entire Saddle Dome will collapse caused by the return of that streaker guy.
    haha nice try, but at least we won. i went to the game and it was nuts! the section beside us were all flames fans, and they were so loud when its 3-1. we keep chanting flame sux and they chant nucks sux. so happy to shut them up at the end. wow, salo is great when he hit the net tho eh? even kippersoff let in 3 (1 didnt count). i like how they are hittin and skatin hard now. and gettin solid goaltending, which is rare these days.
    u know wat, i so agree w/ u guys about crawford being predictable. they are too predictable in their breakout. if u watch enuff of their game, u'll notice dat many of their turnovers are becuz their outlet pass are either picked off, or the reciever is checked imediately. its not dat the players are dumb or blind, i think its becuz other teams know about our plays and develop a game plan for it. another example, when the sedins were so successful on the PP early in the yr, its becuz they surprise ppl w/ their slap-pass-tip play. when teams figured dat out, they have a play to stop dat and the sedins kinda slump for awhile. wat im tryin to say is, crawford better adjust (ie: new plays, new set up, new breakouts, new lines, etc) or the team will be very predictable.

bai qi- i didnt mean the nucks have 4 center better then marleau, we mite not even have 1 better. i thot ur talkin about team canada, which have at least 4 better (sakic, thornton, spezza, lecavalier)

haha nice try, but at least we won. i went to the game and it was nuts! the section beside us were all flames fans, and they were so loud when its 3-1. we keep chanting flame sux and they chant nucks sux. so happy to shut them up at the end. wow, salo is great when he hit the net tho eh? even kippersoff let in 3 (1 didnt count). i like how they are hittin and skatin hard now. and gettin solid goaltending, which is rare these days.
    u know wat, i so agree w/ u guys about crawford being predictable. they are too predictable in their breakout. if u watch enuff of their game, u'll notice dat many of their turnovers are becuz their outlet pass are either picked off, or the reciever is checked imediately. its not dat the players are dumb or blind, i think its becuz other teams know about our plays and develop a game plan for it. another example, when the sedins were so successful on the PP early in the yr, its becuz they surprise ppl w/ their slap-pass-tip play. when teams figured dat out, they have a play to stop dat and the sedins kinda slump for awhile. wat im tryin to say is, crawford better adjust (ie: new plays, new set up, new breakouts, new lines, etc) or the team will be very predictable.
    Yeah, he's predictable alright. That's why the last time Crow gave the shootout list to the ref (I think it was McGoof), the ref had this glaring look on him (I wasn't surprise by his look cause it was Bert and Nazzy on that list again).

Anyway, you didn't mention anything about agreeing with me when it came to shootouts. Did you read that little ESPN question and answer article about Naslund? The reporter asked if it came to shootouts in the Olympics for team Sweden, would Naslund be one of the shootout guys. Naslund answered that he wanted nothing to do with it cause he's sucking at them right now. That's what Naslund said and Crow still puts him out on those. What a moron. You think Crow would've learned from the whole Gretzky ordeal in Japan.

bai qi- i didnt mean the nucks have 4 center better then marleau, we mite not even have 1 better. i thot ur talkin about team canada, which have at least 4 better (sakic, thornton, spezza, lecavalier)
    Oops. I thought you were comparing Marleau to the Nucks. Anyway, I guess i shouldn't just skim through posts huh? Yeah, team Canada has 4 guys better than Marleau at center and Spezza should be on the main squad over guys like Richards/Doan/St. Louis, and quite a few others..

I don't understand why the Tampa players like St. Louis and Richards got on the roster when Staal (who's probably the best North American player on the planet right now (you can argue for Thorton too) is available. Same with Spezza. I'm not too sure about McCabe though. Then again, watching Jovo play this year, I don't think he should be on the main squad.

The 4 Staal brothers are so damn good. Eric Staal is so awesome right now and his little brother, who just finished the WJC, is rock solid on D (won best d-man at the WJC). I don't know about the other 2 younger Staal brothers, but I heard they're pretty good too. That sure is one damn talented hockey family. I don't think I can remember any brothers being this good except for the Statsny's (Peter and Anton) or the Richards.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

In just before the game starts.

Monkey, what did you mean by this "haha nice try, but at least we won. " I made the correct prediction. I didn't say I was 4-0-0-1 on the scores I predicted for the Nucks. I said I was 4-0-0-1 on the outcome. Well, now it's 5-0-0-1.

Since I'm at it and there's actually a team I hate out there more than the Flames, I'm going to predict the Nucks / Leafs game before it starts or nothing counts.

4-2 for Nucks over Makebelives. Bert with the hattrick and Daniel gets one. McCabe gets one for the leafs and Lindros jumps out from the stands and throws a puck pass Auld with his hand. The goal will be awarded to Sundin though cause technically, Lindros can't be counted in the score sheet.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Oops. I thought you were comparing Marleau to the Nucks. Anyway, I guess i shouldn't just skim through posts huh? Yeah, team Canada has 4 guys better than Marleau at center and Spezza should be on the main squad over guys like Richards/Doan/St. Louis, and quite a few others..

I don't understand why the Tampa players like St. Louis and Richards got on the roster when Staal (who's probably the best North American player on the planet right now (you can argue for Thorton too) is available. Same with Spezza. I'm not too sure about McCabe though. Then again, watching Jovo play this year, I don't think he should be on the main squad.
    Richards deserve to be on the team. He's a valuable player who is unmesurable with stats alone. Players who shouldn't be there are Doan, Smyth and St-Louis.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    Richards deserve to be on the team. He's a valuable player who is unmesurable with stats alone. Players who shouldn't be there are Doan, Smyth and St-Louis.

Well, like you said " He's a valuable player who is unmesurable with stats alone." So, why after saying that would you consider Smyth a player who shouldn't be on the team after what he does for team Canada in every World Championship and what does for the Oilers. The Oilers were brutal when Smyth was/is out of the lineup. His leadership can't be questioned. I agree with Doan (it's cause of Gretzky that he's even on the team) and St. Louis. I'm not too sure about Richards though I would take Smyth over him any day of the week.

Anyway, on to my game day prediction for the Nucks. Monkey, since I've been predicting the Nucks games on their game day at SPCnet, I'm 6-0-0-1.

It's Jersey time and I predict a close game with Nucks edging out Jersey 4-3.

For the Nucks:
    Bert seems to play well against the NY teams so Bert with 2, Daniel with 1, and Carter with 1.

For the Devils:
    Elias with a couple and Gomez gets one.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    Beside St-Louis, I think Doan and Smyth should be on the team. They are hardworking players that will make great checking line which lots of people neglect when building a team. They are both good two way players and are not shy to give hits. St-louis had a really one good season which won him a Harts and Arts (scoring ticket) but really that is about it.

The Karyia and Marleau are two of player I thought should of made the team because they are both having a great season and have in the past shown great form for Canada.
    Flame on I am gone...

Well, like you said " He's a valuable player who is unmesurable with stats alone." So, why after saying that would you consider Smyth a player who shouldn't be on the team after what he does for team Canada in every World Championship and what does for the Oilers. The Oilers were brutal when Smyth was/is out of the lineup. His leadership can't be questioned. I agree with Doan (it's cause of Gretzky that he's even on the team) and St. Louis. I'm not too sure about Richards though I would take Smyth over him any day of the week.

Anyway, on to my game day prediction for the Nucks. Monkey, since I've been predicting the Nucks games on their game day at SPCnet, I'm 6-0-0-1.

It's Jersey time and I predict a close game with Nucks edging out Jersey 4-3.

For the Nucks:
    Bert seems to play well against the NY teams so Bert with 2, Daniel with 1, and Carter with 1.

For the Devils:
    Elias with a couple and Gomez gets one.
    a rare miss, the nucks lost this game. but wow, i rush home from work, watch the 3rd and fell asleep half way through. what a boring period!! and there was 3 goals and was supposedly the most exciting period of the game!?!? im glad we only play the devils 2x in 3 yrs. no wonder their arena isnt full even when they win cups.

there are so much debates on who should be on the olympic team, i think theres an arguement for/against every player! richards should be on, hes a clutch player. winning the conn smyth is no small accomplishment. st louis should also be on, how many players on team canada have a hart trophy to their resume? sakic, pronger, ....cant think of anymore off the top of my head. draper....im not sure he should be on. he have wat, 2 goals this season?

eric staal really is good, but his bros have to prove themselves in the nhl first b4 i say the same. remember the kariyas were supposed to be great too. paul was great, but hes just good now IMO. steve fizzled out. martin still havent make the nhl. i think the bure bros hold the record for goals in a season. the richards are great, and so does the statsny. i still think the sutters are the most impressive tho. individually not great players, but all 6 in the family made it?? dats gotta be rare.

oops, I did it again. Damn! Ban this username!!!
    No longer walking amongst the living...

a rare miss, the nucks lost this game. but wow, i rush home from work, watch the 3rd and fell asleep half way through. what a boring period!! and there was 3 goals and was supposedly the most exciting period of the game!?!? im glad we only play the devils 2x in 3 yrs. no wonder their arena isnt full even when they win cups.

there are so much debates on who should be on the olympic team, i think theres an arguement for/against every player! richards should be on, hes a clutch player. winning the conn smyth is no small accomplishment. st louis should also be on, how many players on team canada have a hart trophy to their resume? sakic, pronger, ....cant think of anymore off the top of my head. draper....im not sure he should be on. he have wat, 2 goals this season?

eric staal really is good, but his bros have to prove themselves in the nhl first b4 i say the same. remember the kariyas were supposed to be great too. paul was great, but hes just good now IMO. steve fizzled out. martin still havent make the nhl. i think the bure bros hold the record for goals in a season. the richards are great, and so does the statsny. i still think the sutters are the most impressive tho. individually not great players, but all 6 in the family made it?? dats gotta be rare.
    Wow, the way the Nucks had been playing, I didn't expect a 8-1 rout of the Islanders. Before tonight, we hadn't routed anyone since Alanta a few years ago when we beat them 8-0 and Naslund had 6 points. Anyway, a few guys had 3 point nights tonight with Bertz, Daniel, Hendrik, and Carter. I'm really beginning to like this Carter signing. He's the garbage finisher the Sedins have always been looking for.

Anyway, I don't consider the Sutter brothers talented at all, with the exception of Brent. The other Sutters were mostly just average NHLers.

The Statsnys were actually good, specially Peter. Anyway, Eric Staal is proving to be great and I guess you're right. We'll just have to wait for the other Staal brothers (4 of them in total) to play in the NHL before we can judge.

Oh yeah, stupid NJ caused me my almost perfect record. Now, I'm 6-1-0-1.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Espositos to me are the greatest brothers to have played in the NHL. Both are all star players and won many awards.

The Sutter brothers are famous for having the most sibling playing in the NHL at the same time. Although they are not stats crazy, they are known for their hardworking, intensity and leadership skills.

Stastny brother are awesome too. Anton and Peter both racked up a lot of points for the Nordiques.

Eric Staal is a good player this season but until he play for a couple more and stay consistent then I will say he is great. Too many player have a one good season and then flop out.
    Flame on I am gone...

i think we r forgeting another awesome brother duo ----the sedins!! haha over at hfboards.com, they actually have value now. even in some luongo proposals, panther fans are askin for them. who woulda thot dat 3 yrs ago, when most nucks fans and all of the nhl had given up on them. im glad to see they improve so much. bai qi ur rite, carter is a great signing. for the money hes signed for, hes probably one of the best ufa signing.

ps: bert had 4 goals in last 2 games! wow. park ya butt in front of the net bert, dats how u scored b4, dats how ur gonna score from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Beside St-Louis, I think Doan and Smyth should be on the team. They are hardworking players that will make great checking line which lots of people neglect when building a team. They are both good two way players and are not shy to give hits. St-louis had a really one good season which won him a Harts and Arts (scoring ticket) but really that is about it.

The Karyia and Marleau are two of player I thought should of made the team because they are both having a great season and have in the past shown great form for Canada.
    Marleau has never impressed me, he was pretty much useless at the last World Championship. Staal and Spezza oh so deserved to be on the team, I'm really disapointed that neither made the team. I would have thought at least one you know?

There is no way Smyth should go over Richards. I've been watching the World Championship for years and I can honestly say that Smyth is overrated. The only thing I admire about him is his loyalty to his country, to Hockey Canada but other than that, not much. The reason he's Captain Canada is because his NHL team always miss the playoffs. Sure he contributed but Team Canada's results would be pretty much the same with or without him. Players like Kariya, Heatley, Bouwmeester, Nash, Thornton, even Draper have more impact than Smyth. And at the last WCh, he suddenly went wacko and made Canadians look like a bunch of fools. Finally, Richards may not have the best of stats but it is clear like water that he is way more talented than Smyth.

remember the kariyas were supposed to be great too. paul was great, but hes just good now IMO. steve fizzled out. martin still havent make the nhl.
    Talking about Paul Kariya, I don't know if you remember early in his career but he was AWESOME. He was fast as lightning, had a very precise shot and was a very good playmaker too, a very exciting player to watch. In the first three years, I prefered watching him over Peter Forsberg, in 1995-1996, he had 50 goals and 108 points. Peter Forsberg has never scored more than 30 goals. In 1996-1997, in only 69 games, Paul had 44 goals and 99 points! Thanks to @#$% Gary Suter, Kariya hasn't been the same ever since. I HATE Suter for that. Kariya was my favorite player and was going to represent my country and the bastard ruined everything.