Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Ok, our team is hurting, but they're playing with more heart than ever before (except for Bert and Mo and I can excuse Naslund cause of his injury). Now, it's game day against my 2nd most hated team. So, I'm going to take my 7-1-0-1 record and hope to improve it. Nucks 4 vs Flames 3.

Daniel with 1, Anson with 1, Hendrik with 1, and Salo with 1. For the Flames, Iggy with 1, Phaneuf with 1, and Husileus with 1.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Ok, our team is hurting, but they're playing with more heart than ever before (except for Bert and Mo and I can excuse Naslund cause of his injury). Now, it's game day against my 2nd most hated team. So, I'm going to take my 7-1-0-1 record and hope to improve it. Nucks 4 vs Flames 3.

Daniel with 1, Anson with 1, Hendrik with 1, and Salo with 1. For the Flames, Iggy with 1, Phaneuf with 1, and Husileus with 1.
    Lately we have seen some grinders chipping in. Ruutu has been good all season. Burrows is working his *** off everygame. So i think in order to beat the Flames, we'll need to see the grinders show up again.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Lately we have seen some grinders chipping in. Ruutu has been good all season. Burrows is working his *** off everygame. So i think in order to beat the Flames, we'll need to see the grinders show up again.
    its good dat they are contributing, but unforturnately the cup wont be won by the grinders. as long as nazzys not 100%, and bert sleepwalk out there, we wont win (the cup). bert/mo has gotta snap out of this funk they r in!
    on the bright side, aulds really making me a believer. i'lll admit dat i had doubts w/ him, but hes now proving me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    its good dat they are contributing, but unforturnately the cup wont be won by the grinders. as long as nazzys not 100%, and bert sleepwalk out there, we wont win (the cup). bert/mo has gotta snap out of this funk they r in!
    on the bright side, aulds really making me a believer. i'lll admit dat i had doubts w/ him, but hes now proving me wrong.

Well, the Sedins are certainly stepping it up. Daniel has 5 points in his last 2 and Hendrik has 6 points in his last 2. Can you believe Hendrik is only 2 points behind Naslund for the lead. I must admit Monkey, I didn't have high hopes for Hendrik before the season began and I told you about it. Now, I must admit I was completely out to lunch on that one. Our current 3rd/4th line makes $15 million and our 1st line makes $3.5 million while our 2nd line makes less than $2million.

Since I'm 8-1-0-1, I will take my good luck and make another prediction for tonight's game against the Oil.

3-2 Nucks over Oil.

Hendrik with 1, Burrows with 1, and Daniel with 1.
    For the Oil, Horcoff and Hemskey with 1 each.

Btw, I really don't like the idea of us keeping Jovo. He sucks and hurts our d when he's in the lineup. As you guys already know, I thought Morrison was overpaid when he was given that contract and I'm bang on on that one. Now, we have to dump some salary in order to resign the Sedins and Auld.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Well, the Sedins are certainly stepping it up. Daniel has 5 points in his last 2 and Hendrik has 6 points in his last 2. Can you believe Hendrik is only 2 points behind Naslund for the lead. I must admit Monkey, I didn't have high hopes for Hendrik before the season began and I told you about it. Now, I must admit I was completely out to lunch on that one. Our current 3rd/4th line makes $15 million and our 1st line makes $3.5 million while our 2nd line makes less than $2million.

Since I'm 8-1-0-1, I will take my good luck and make another prediction for tonight's game against the Oil.

3-2 Nucks over Oil.

Hendrik with 1, Burrows with 1, and Daniel with 1.
    For the Oil, Horcoff and Hemskey with 1 each.

Btw, I really don't like the idea of us keeping Jovo. He sucks and hurts our d when he's in the lineup. As you guys already know, I thought Morrison was overpaid when he was given that contract and I'm bang on on that one. Now, we have to dump some salary in order to resign the Sedins and Auld.
    haha i guess we r both wrong about some nucks player (me auld, u henrik), dats y we arent nhl gm. im not sure how u get those #s tho, unless u think the naslund line is now a 3rd/4th line, and kesler's line is 2nd? as recent production goes, mabbe. but crow is shuffling lines like crazy nowadays, the top line only cost about $9M (mo-bert-roots). i like it dis way better, seems like more depth, and more ice time for ruutu, whos earned it.
    i heard the cap will be up $5M, so we should have some money to resign ppl w/out cuting too many players. we'll see how nonis handles it, but i hope he'll leave more cap room next yr.

haha i guess we r both wrong about some nucks player (me auld, u henrik), dats y we arent nhl gm. im not sure how u get those #s tho, unless u think the naslund line is now a 3rd/4th line, and kesler's line is 2nd? as recent production goes, mabbe. but crow is shuffling lines like crazy nowadays, the top line only cost about $9M (mo-bert-roots). i like it dis way better, seems like more depth, and more ice time for ruutu, whos earned it.
    i heard the cap will be up $5M, so we should have some money to resign ppl w/out cuting too many players. we'll see how nonis handles it, but i hope he'll leave more cap room next yr.
    It's not that hard to be a NHL gm. Look at some of the dumbasses out there. Mike the moron Milbury was a GM for how many years??? MOC isn't that bright either. Come to think of it, I did better than what Nonis did in the offseason. I would've signed at least Daniel (should be both Sedins) to a multi-year contract and reduce Morrison's contract by at least $500 (he would've gotten less if he did go to arbitration). And we, along with many other fans, were both right in regards to Cloutier and his multi-year, a few hundred thousand over paid contract.

I do consider Naslund's line our 3rd line now and on some nights even our 4th line. At least our other lines don't take dumb penalties on a consistent basis. Nasulnd is hurt and I don't blame him for his play in the past month or so, but tonight he was brutal. He didn't contribute and worst, he was becoming like Bertuzzi by taking dumbass penalties. I expect dumb penalties from Bertuzzi (a guy I wanted to trade for Heatley in the offseason and that's another one I have over Nonis).

As for next year, I expect Jovo to be gone and judging from his play this season, it's a good thing. That's $4 million extra to resign the twins. Hopefully, we can also resign Carter. It'll be hard to get rid of Bertuzzi. This guy has become way too fragile. Every arena boos this guy, except Vancouver and that might be about to change if he continues his horrid play. Morrison is a guy that's almost impossible to get rid of cause of his lunacris contract. We might have more cap room, but would you want to spend it on guys like Jovo, Morrison, and Bertuzzi? I wouldn't if they continue playing this way.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

It's not that hard to be a NHL gm. Look at some of the dumbasses out there. Mike the moron Milbury was a GM for how many years??? MOC isn't that bright either. Come to think of it, I did better than what Nonis did in the offseason. I would've signed at least Daniel (should be both Sedins) to a multi-year contract and reduce Morrison's contract by at least $500 (he would've gotten less if he did go to arbitration). And we, along with many other fans, were both right in regards to Cloutier and his multi-year, a few hundred thousand over paid contract.

I do consider Naslund's line our 3rd line now and on some nights even our 4th line. At least our other lines don't take dumb penalties on a consistent basis. Nasulnd is hurt and I don't blame him for his play in the past month or so, but tonight he was brutal. He didn't contribute and worst, he was becoming like Bertuzzi by taking dumbass penalties. I expect dumb penalties from Bertuzzi (a guy I wanted to trade for Heatley in the offseason and that's another one I have over Nonis).

As for next year, I expect Jovo to be gone and judging from his play this season, it's a good thing. That's $4 million extra to resign the twins. Hopefully, we can also resign Carter. It'll be hard to get rid of Bertuzzi. This guy has become way too fragile. Every arena boos this guy, except Vancouver and that might be about to change if he continues his horrid play. Morrison is a guy that's almost impossible to get rid of cause of his lunacris contract. We might have more cap room, but would you want to spend it on guys like Jovo, Morrison, and Bertuzzi? I wouldn't if they continue playing this way.
    to be honest, i think bert is untradeable. i've wanted to get rid of him for awhile too, but who in their rite mind will take a $5M floater? unless u want to blow the team up and rebuild, we dont have a choice but to ride this out. cross your finger and pray that bert is saving himself for the playoff, jovo will play like he did in the st louis series, and morrison will turn it around. however, im not holdin my breath.
    i get a real kick when i listen to dan russel (sports talk, cknw) these days. i cant believe some of the crap the callers are saying. this guy (i hope it wasnt any of of the poster from here ) says naslund have no hearts, and that he shouldnt play while hes hurt. i mean, cmon, if the guy have no hearts why would he play injured? or these ppl w/ their illusion that we r somehow gonna get luongo+ for bert/jovo?? give it up already, nobody wants our overpaid crap.

i get a real kick when i listen to dan russel (sports talk, cknw) these days. i cant believe some of the crap the callers are saying. this guy (i hope it wasnt any of of the poster from here ) says naslund have no hearts, and that he shouldnt play while hes hurt. i mean, cmon, if the guy have no hearts why would he play injured? or these ppl w/ their illusion that we r somehow gonna get luongo+ for bert/jovo?? give it up already, nobody wants our overpaid crap.
    Hey u listen to Russell too? I love his show. so many ppl hate him because he's negative and stuff. I mean canuck fans are so stupid nowadays. They just want the media to wave their pom poms and say GO CANUCKS GO. I mean Dan is just calling it how he sees it. If we win he'll say which part of our game needs to be worked on but u still have callers saying We won and it's all that matters. Well when it comes playoff time, all aspects of the game have to be sharpened up. And one more thing about Canuck fans, they are nothing compared to the older generation of fans. Before we had hockey fans that loved the sport and support hockey and their home team. Now it's just a bunch of bandwagoners that cheer for the canucks because they are winning and it's the cool thing to do.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Hey u listen to Russell too? I love his show. so many ppl hate him because he's negative and stuff. I mean canuck fans are so stupid nowadays. They just want the media to wave their pom poms and say GO CANUCKS GO. I mean Dan is just calling it how he sees it. If we win he'll say which part of our game needs to be worked on but u still have callers saying We won and it's all that matters. Well when it comes playoff time, all aspects of the game have to be sharpened up. And one more thing about Canuck fans, they are nothing compared to the older generation of fans. Before we had hockey fans that loved the sport and support hockey and their home team. Now it's just a bunch of bandwagoners that cheer for the canucks because they are winning and it's the cool thing to do.
    i love his show, used to listen to it religiously! i used to turn on my radio to really low and listen to it so that my mom wont know dat im not sleeping. dats when i was very young tho.
    i think the problem i have w/ dan now is dat he tries to be TOO unbias and TOO objective, it gets annoying when he starts nitpicking and make everything that canucks do sounds bad. i think hes just afraid dat ppl calls him a canucks fan, becuz dat'll compromise his professional image. but at the same time hes alienating alot of fans too, especially when he cut ppl off for disagreeing w/ him. still i like it when he interview nonis and tammberlini and some former players, very interesting.

To all hockey fans - As the Olympic break is here, please post anything related to Olympic hockey in the Olympic thread. I'm there already, just waiting for you guys.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

AHhhh.... I'm so !@$!@$! mad today, but I've gone beyond that stage and now I'm just depressed. The Olympics has cost our team (the Nucks) a triple whammy!

We lose our No. 1 and 2 d-men in the same day and now Bertuzzi's confidence is totally shattered..... even more so. Not only that, but all the other 29 GMs probably saw the game and his trade value has plummeted and probably followed the Olympics. We would be lucky if we get a 2nd rounder for him now. Monkey, Nonis should've listened to you and traded Bert's *** when he had the chance. The Nucks are so f***** right now. Oh yeah and team Canada lost.

Monkey, I'm sure you can feel my pain. I'm sure all fellow Nuck fans feel my pain. You know what's bad karma? When I realize Ohlund got hurt, I posted in the HF boards that I just wish nothing would happen to Salo. Less than an hour later... Our season looks doomed now.
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 02-23-06 at 07:20 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

AHhhh.... I'm so !@$!@$! mad today, but I've gone beyond that stage and now I'm just depressed. The Olympics has cost our team (the Nucks) a triple whammy!

We lose our No. 1 and 2 d-men in the same day and now Bertuzzi's confidence is totally shattered..... even more so. Not only that, but all the other 29 GMs probably saw the game and his trade value has plummeted and probably followed the Olympics. We would be lucky if we get a 2nd rounder for him now. Monkey, Nonis should've listened to you and traded Bert's *** when he had the chance. The Nucks are so f***** right now. Oh yeah and team Canada lost.

Monkey, I'm sure you can feel my pain. I'm sure all fellow Nuck fans feel my pain. You know what's bad karma? When I realize Ohlund got hurt, I posted in the HF boards that I just wish nothing would happen to Salo. Less than an hour later... Our season looks doomed now.
    i heard ohlund isnt hurt as bad as 1st thot, he have cracked ribs, but not broken, so he should be out for wks, not months, thank god. and i heard salo could even play in the olympics still, so he cant be dat hurt. hopefully nonis (if he feels this team can still make a run at the cup) pick up a Dman, so when ohlund/jovo/salo comes back, they'll be fresh and we'll have more depth.
    bert sux, dats wat i've been sayin for a long time. u know he can play like a top player (hat tricks against wings and islander, dominating against sens and avs) but he dont try most nites. sure the $20M law suits cant help, but he sux even b4 dat. we r stuck w/ him till his contract is over, dats the sad fact.

i heard ohlund isnt hurt as bad as 1st thot, he have cracked ribs, but not broken, so he should be out for wks, not months, thank god. and i heard salo could even play in the olympics still, so he cant be dat hurt. hopefully nonis (if he feels this team can still make a run at the cup) pick up a Dman, so when ohlund/jovo/salo comes back, they'll be fresh and we'll have more depth.
    bert sux, dats wat i've been sayin for a long time. u know he can play like a top player (hat tricks against wings and islander, dominating against sens and avs) but he dont try most nites. sure the $20M law suits cant help, but he sux even b4 dat. we r stuck w/ him till his contract is over, dats the sad fact.

Well neither player will play anymore games anytime soon. It might be weeks for both or even season ending for Salo. Btw, don't believe what they, specially the Nucks organization, tell you. The last time the Nucks said Jovo was day-to-day, came back for a game and a period, then he's out for 6-8 weeks. They said Cloutier would only be out for a few games with a little knee tweak, then he's out for the season.

You know what's worse? Baumer is still hurt? I was listening to Sports Talk and they said he's still hurt. He's our number 5th d-man and basically our No. 2 with the other 3 out, but even he's hurt and won't likely return against the Flames on the 1st game after the Olympics. It's very likely for at least the first few games after the Olympics, we won't see Jovo, Ohlund, Salo, and Baumer. So Allen is our #1. Beiska is our #2. McCarthy our #3. Mojzis is No. 4 and a couple more of Moose guys (and even they have been hammered with d-men injuries). Yikes....

Our d looks so crappy. Hopefully, the only good thing to come out of this is Naslund got a good rest and can start scoring like he's capable of.... But I have a feeling Bert's going to drag him down.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Well neither player will play anymore games anytime soon. It might be weeks for both or even season ending for Salo. Btw, don't believe what they, specially the Nucks organization, tell you. The last time the Nucks said Jovo was day-to-day, came back for a game and a period, then he's out for 6-8 weeks. They said Cloutier would only be out for a few games with a little knee tweak, then he's out for the season.

You know what's worse? Baumer is still hurt? I was listening to Sports Talk and they said he's still hurt. He's our number 5th d-man and basically our No. 2 with the other 3 out, but even he's hurt and won't likely return against the Flames on the 1st game after the Olympics. It's very likely for at least the first few games after the Olympics, we won't see Jovo, Ohlund, Salo, and Baumer. So Allen is our #1. Beiska is our #2. McCarthy our #3. Mojzis is No. 4 and a couple more of Moose guys (and even they have been hammered with d-men injuries). Yikes....

Our d looks so crappy. Hopefully, the only good thing to come out of this is Naslund got a good rest and can start scoring like he's capable of.... But I have a feeling Bert's going to drag him down.
    unless nazzy can play D, its not gonna do too much good even at 100%. this team have its trouble even w/ all their dmen in the lineup. i expect a trade, not a blockbuster one, but a depth move, such as a weinwich, or somebody along those lines. i dont expect much from this team for the next 2 wks, but if they somehow make the playoff, at least their top dmen will be well rested.
    my only hope now is for the rest of the nucks to stay healthy. hopefully jarkko wont do something stupid like hit a sedin from behind, or else i'll freaking beat up ruutu myself!!

dang, i picked canada to win gold, then when they lose to russian i said the russian would win. now neither of them will even get a medal. did i ever cursed them w/ my support or what!? lol.

Naslund can't play D, but he sure as hell can play O as in OFFENSE. Since he's been back from the Olympic, he has looked awesome. He has score in all 3 games, counting tonight's shootout. I rather our team outscore its opponents now that we have an AHL defense.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Naslund can't play D, but he sure as hell can play O as in OFFENSE. Since he's been back from the Olympic, he has looked awesome. He has score in all 3 games, counting tonight's shootout. I rather our team outscore its opponents now that we have an AHL defense.

I think Naslund can play D. Remember the best defense is a very dominating offense

Also I think this season, he hasn't been as dominating as in the past few seasons.. but he is still pretty good in my books.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I think Naslund can play D. Remember the best defense is a very dominating offense
    Ah no. That was the 80's Oilers motto. The New Jersey Devils have changed that motto to "the best defense is not to play any offense". Trap Trap Trap!!! >_<

Also I think this season, he hasn't been as dominating as in the past few seasons.. but he is still pretty good in my books.
    Well, Naslund would be top 10 in scoring if he wasn't injured for nearly two months and had a couple of dead weights for linemates all season long. He has to carry the load of Bertuzzi and Morrison for linemates with an injury to boot so it's pretty amazing that he's still top 15 in league scoring.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

i dont think morrison is playing too badly this yr, hes just been snakebitten when it comes to offense. he still play great defensively, make smart passes, even drives to the net and create traffic now, so i wouldnt call him a dead weight. bertuzzi on the other hand....

Me too I think Morrison is playing well too.

Btw... are there any Leafs fan out there... what do you think Make the playoff or drop dead

You think they should trade Sundin away, can Quinn or what?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

strange moves by the leafs, trading away klee and gettin richardson, they r essentially the same kinda player. i dont think they know what they wanna do.
    wow, i think good trades for the Avs, theo i think can return to his hart trophy form. he mite be alittle expensive, but if he can turn it around, watch out! altho i really like aebiesher, but jose should be good. go Avs!
    steep price the oilers pay for a aging UFA goalie. i dont think the oilers are THAT close to winning the cup dat a good goalie will make a diff. mite win them a round, but a 1st is a lot to give up IMO. hope it work out for them.
    cant wait till tmw, rumors r the nucks getting some offer for bert. i can only hope....