Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

of the teams on the bubbles in the west (col, edm, van, anh, sj, la) i think la is definitly out. murray was a great coach, and i think firing him was a big mistake. sj and anh have too much momentum to think they'll miss the PO now. that leaves col and edm dat stands in the nucks way. edm won today in a shootout against col, so both teams picking up points. i dunno it doesnt look good for van rite now. they'd really have to win most of their games from now on to even get a chance. oh well, they put themselves in this situation, they'll have to dig themselves out of it. honestly as of now, i dont think they'll make it. altho i hope im wrong.

Whoops, I made a mistake. Calgary is also on the bubble of missing the playoffs. They haven't clinched anything. They are only 2 points ahead of the Avs, Oilers, and Nucks (crazy crazy NW division). I read the standings wrong. The X next to Calgary was just that they currently hold the division lead, not that they clinched.

The only 2 teams in the NHL that have mathematically clinched playoff spots are Detroit and Ottawa. Realistically, the teams who already clinched playoffs spots in the West are Detroit, Dallas, and Nashville. Any 2 teams of Calgary, Colorado, Anaheim, SJ, Vancouver, Edmonton, or LA can miss the playoffs, especially LA. The Wild and Coyotes are pretty much eliminated. The other teams are too far back and no way would they catch up even if they win every game left, they'll have to hope a bunch of teams lose every game (that's harder than winning the lottery - not gonna happen).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Whoops, I made a mistake. Calgary is also on the bubble of missing the playoffs. They haven't clinched anything. They are only 2 points ahead of the Avs, Oilers, and Nucks (crazy crazy NW division). I read the standings wrong. The X next to Calgary was just that they currently hold the division lead, not that they clinched.

The only 2 teams in the NHL that have mathematically clinched playoff spots are Detroit and Ottawa. Realistically, the teams who already clinched playoffs spots in the West are Detroit, Dallas, and Nashville. Any 2 teams of Calgary, Colorado, Anaheim, SJ, Vancouver, Edmonton, or LA can miss the playoffs, especially LA. The Wild and Coyotes are pretty much eliminated. The other teams are too far back and no way would they catch up even if they win every game left, they'll have to hope a bunch of teams lose every game (that's harder than winning the lottery - not gonna happen).
    carolina clinched too.
    big win against the kings yesterday. dat imo takes LA out. good to see burrows gets rewarded for his hard work w/ his 1st career het trick. i know i rag on bertuzzi all season long, but i'll have to admit, hes play great the last 4 games. i think dat team meetin really helped

Tonight's game against LA is a must win for the Nucks. Their debacle against the Ducks has made them once again not in control of their own destiny.

Notice I haven't been predicting games lately. I've given up predicting Nucks games. If they don't show any desperation and heart tonight, then they don't deserve to make it to the big dance.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Tonight's game against LA is a must win for the Nucks. Their debacle against the Ducks has made them once again not in control of their own destiny.

Notice I haven't been predicting games lately. I've given up predicting Nucks games. If they don't show any desperation and heart tonight, then they don't deserve to make it to the big dance.
    ur rite, they dont deserve to make the playoff. bert is really pissing me off nowaday, and crawford too.
    let see wat nonis do this offseason. i dont think we need to tear down the team, but get rid of bert/crawford, and 'retool' w/ the sedins/ohlund/salo/auld/carter/naslund would be sufficient. if we can find a linemate for nazzy (ufa maybe?) resign jovo and carney, convince chubarov to come back, we'll once again have a contendin team. we'll see which way nonis go tho.

Man, I didn't realize just how important Chubby was. I knew he was important, but not this important. We really miss his faceoff ability and his defensive checking/shutting down of star players ability.

Btw, Auld played his heart out the other night and nobody does anything to help him out.

Just listening to Russel on CKNW and he's ripping all over Bert. I don't blame him. Bert just picks the best time to say the smartest things to screw his team, the city of Vancouver, and all Canucks fans. 2 season ago, he screwed all of us by telling Wild fans in round 2 not to buy game 6 tickets. Wow, way to motivate the opposing team. Last season, he screws us again by suckering punching Moore, getting himself suspended and causing us any chance of winning a Stanley Cup (and man did we had a good chance. The Flames barely beat us and they went to the 7th game of the SC finals). Now this year, Bert decides to float most of the year and picks the best times to say the dumbest things. No wonder that NHL ref called Bertuzzi the dumbest player in the NHL.

Anyway, whatever happens this year, I want Bert, Mo, Cloutier, Crawford, Weinrich, Cooke, perhaps Naslund, and maybe Jovo all gone.

The only for sure players I keep around are the Sedins, Carter, Auld, Ruutu, Salo, Ohlund, Carney, Allen, Bieska, and Burrows back. I don't want no floaters or over-paid primadonas.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

quote from bertuzzi this last wk
    -when asked about if the big line should be reunited, he said "its up to the coach, and you know what i think about him"
    -when reporters ask him about the newspaper article questioning naslund's leadership, he said "its the same of @$#% everyday"
    this guy is driving me nuts! he doesnt like the coach, the same coach dat gave him the oppoturnity to play the top line, the same coach that continue to play him this yr while bert is coasting, the same coach that refuse to bench/scratch him after countless times of failed backchecking, what does he want!?
    then he complain about this city and the reporters!? the city dat supported him after the moore incident, the city dat cheer for him everytime on the ice? wat an A-hole!! and the reporters? they just have to report wat they see on the ice. "same #$@@ everyday"? dats the way u've been playin this yr bert, wake the ^$#$ up!!
    im sick and tired of this guy blaming everybody else. naslund takes responsibility for the team's lack of success, bertuzzi blames it on his teammates for not picking it up.

the only 2 ppl i want gone after the yr is bert and crow. bert becuz hes a lazy SOB and a cancer in the room. and crow becuz he lost his team's confidence by his lack-of-balls approach when it comes to disciplining bertuzzi.
    y do u want cooke gone?

I want Crow gone because he's become too predictable and none of his players listens to him anymore. Some of them tune him out cause they've been with this organization too long and he says the same stuff over and over again. Some of them tone him out cause it seems like Crow is scared to death of Bert, not daring to say anything negative about Bert or benching him. Notice when Crow chooses a player from the big line to weed out in an interview, he won't mention Naslund or Bertuzzi, but he'll always pick out Morrison.

Bert is just one huge dumbass. It seems like every season, he'll find a way to screw his team over. This is the third year in a row. At least when he told Wild fans to not buy game 6 tickets, he was throwing hits and being a force (although he was completely useless in the playoffs by not scoring). He used to be good, but now he's becoming too much of a cancer.

I want Cooke gone cause his salary does not justify his play and I'm not judging him because of his injuries. It seems like when any NHL player signs a big contract, they become lazy / useless right afterwards.

Hey, I wrote a little thing in the HFboards Flames/Nucks GDT about comparing general Xiang Yu of ancient China to general Crow of the Canucks.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

I want Cooke gone cause his salary does not justify his play and I'm not judging him because of his injuries. It seems like when any NHL player signs a big contract, they become lazy / useless right afterwards.

Hey, I wrote a little thing in the HFboards Flames/Nucks GDT about comparing general Xiang Yu of ancient China to general Crow of the Canucks.
    i agree w/ u on crow and bert, but cooke? how does he seem lazy? he had 3 seperate (serious) injuries this yr, and u dont come back from those and instantly get back to form. his $1.5M seems like alot, but wait till the summer when the cap goes up, everybody will sign for more $$. altho if we can get a good return on cooke, i wouldnt mind trading him. ruutu pretty much does wat cooke does (but more dumb penalties), if we can get roots lock up long term for around $1M, then let matt bring back a scoring forward. also, burrows is quickly developing into a cooke clone, altho doesnt hit as well. we have lots of energy guys, if we can get more scoring by tradin cooke then great, but i wouldnt want to see him go just to get rid of him.

haha yea i read dat story. im ashame to say dat i've never heard it b4. very interesting. crow is definitly an inferior general comparin to sutter rite now. but we came out on top still

I can't believe with the unbelievable inconsistency and the Nucks still have a chance to make the playoffs and control their own destiny. 3 games left. Everything on the line now.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Officially eliminated!!! This is one of the most disappointing seasons ever. We had such high hopes and we ended up missing the playoffs. Aside from Salo, Auld, Sedins, and Ohlund, I don't care if we traded the entire team.

I want Cooke gone cause he didn't live up to his contract. Not only was he overpaid, but he got injured a lot. Anyone who's injury prone should not be in our lineup (look at LA). I know it's cruel and all, but that's business.

I want all the cancers in the team gone (that means you Bertuzzi) and I don't mind if we clean house in management. Nonis has been too chicken all year long to make any blockbuster deals. Twice this season, we had chances at Heatlely and Thornton and twice he didn't pull the trigger. Nonis' biggest mistake this year was not listening to Monkey when Monkey told him to trade Bert. Now, it's come back to haunt us. The WCE was what caused us the season. Even if they weren't scoring, at leat be more responsible defensively, but they weren't. They cost us games more than they helped.

If not for the Sedins, Carter, and Auld, we wouldn't even be in a playoff race.

Anyway, it's good that we're missing the playoffs cause this allows us to clean house and do whatever we need to do. I wouldn't mind seeing Redden here and Jovo gone.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Officially eliminated!!! This is one of the most disappointing seasons ever. We had such high hopes and we ended up missing the playoffs. Aside from Salo, Auld, Sedins, and Ohlund, I don't care if we traded the entire team.

I want Cooke gone cause he didn't live up to his contract. Not only was he overpaid, but he got injured a lot. Anyone who's injury prone should not be in our lineup (look at LA). I know it's cruel and all, but that's business.

I want all the cancers in the team gone (that means you Bertuzzi) and I don't mind if we clean house in management. Nonis has been too chicken all year long to make any blockbuster deals. Twice this season, we had chances at Heatlely and Thornton and twice he didn't pull the trigger. Nonis' biggest mistake this year was not listening to Monkey when Monkey told him to trade Bert. Now, it's come back to haunt us. The WCE was what caused us the season. Even if they weren't scoring, at leat be more responsible defensively, but they weren't. They cost us games more than they helped.

If not for the Sedins, Carter, and Auld, we wouldn't even be in a playoff race.

Anyway, it's good that we're missing the playoffs cause this allows us to clean house and do whatever we need to do. I wouldn't mind seeing Redden here and Jovo gone.
    FINALLY somebody recognize my hockey knowledge! hopefully nonis will remember the conversation we had from dec and call me up and offer me a job. lol

ur rite, this is the most disappointing season in nucks history. that in itself is good news imo, becuz we now have high expectation for the team. remember for the 1st 20 yrs of this franchise, making the playoff is a surprise, not expected. this franchise had taken a giant step toward respectability the last few yrs, and for dat im happy.

now, wat to do in the offseason. as i said b4, crawford must go, but im afraid nonis will bring him back. bert should go if we get even a decent offer for him. jovo plays really really good since he came back, so i wouldnt mind him stayin for $5M or less, but he'll likely get more from the UFA market. linden, if he wanna cut his salary in half, can come back. buh-bye to ruutu, too many dumb penalty down the stretch, hes replaceable by burrows. bring back chubarov and reid, resign carney if its around $2M, if not then sign mitchell. find some scoring for the 3rd and 4th line. again this team doesnt need to rebuild, just retooling, like the sharks and stars did a few yrs ago.

nonis didnt have a chance on thornton, he mentioned dat a few times. so did a few other really pissed off GMs. the bruins wanted stuart, they didnt even shop thornton around and secertly deal w/ the sharks. and im not sure how we would land heatley, considering he was traded for hossa. we dont have a player like dat on our team. i cant really blame nonis too much tho, the whole city wanted to give this core 1 more chance, he did dat by resignin everybody. we wanted help on the blueline and in net at the deadline, and he got us dat. aside from the long delay in gettin us a decent backup goalie, i cant really fault him on anything. imagine the outrage of this town if we didnt resign the core (nazzy, mo, clout, ohlund, salo, cooke) and missed the playoff like we did. theres no way for him to know dat bert and mo is gonna suck so badly, and nazzy/salo/jovo will all be hurt.

btw, this is the lineup i'd like to see next yr for the canucks. things will change in the summer after the draft and UFA signing, but as of rite now this is wat i want

sedin-sedin-carter
    cooke-morrison-naslund
    langenbrunner-chubarov-matt cullen/scott young
    burrows-kesler-linden/sillinger

extra: reid, brookbank

ohlund-salo
    jovo-carney/mitchell/mckee/danny markov
    allen-bieksa

extra: brown, baumgartner

auld
    cloutier/noronen

im not sure about player position tho, so they mite be listed out of position on my lineup.

http://whiterthanrice.blogspot.com/2...y-moments.html

I'll reply to the comments above when I have time. In the meantime, why not check out the link above. Number 1 & 2 should be switched on that list. Man, I had no idea Bert was such an idiot even before the Moore incident. Thanks a lot Todd for telling Wild fans not to buy game 6 tickets and for telling a Minne player to get his golf clubs ready in game 7!
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://whiterthanrice.blogspot.com/2...y-moments.html

I'll reply to the comments above when I have time. In the meantime, why not check out the link above. Number 1 & 2 should be switched on that list. Man, I had no idea Bert was such an idiot even before the Moore incident. Thanks a lot Todd for telling Wild fans not to buy game 6 tickets and for telling a Minne player to get his golf clubs ready in game 7!
    at that point of his career, bert was full of confidence, he had his best season ever, his team is leading the series 3-1, everything seems rosy, i dont really fault him THAT much for bein alittle cocky. its like the messier's gaurantee, 'cept todd didnt bak it up.
    if we r gonna fault bert on dat, then nucks fans should all take the blame for wakin the wings up in 01/02 by chasing detroit's team bus carrying blooms and callin for a sweep.

Don't really want to comment on much now that the season is over for us and I have very little interest in hockey once the Nucks are out. I agree with Nonis for starting with that lineup at the start of the season to give the core one last shot. what I don't agree with is that he did nothing to fix the season even when everybody could tell that we were having problems even when we were winning. Around Christmas, he had a chance to move Bertuzzi or do something to the lineup, but he did squat. After the trading deadline, he had a chance to can Crow to make one last desperate move, but he didn't do that either.

We probably did not have a chance at Thornton cause MOC doesn't like big contracts. We had a chance at Heatley, but I doubt Nonis even had that cross his mind. They got Hossa, but Bertuzzi is better than Hossa when he's at top of his game and I bet Atlanta might've thought that way (at the time anyway).

Anyway, a lot of our problems came from our Coach. He was too chicken to bench the stars of our team and too stubborn headed to start the Sedins as the 1st unit PP. For 60-70 games this year, he kept starting the Morrison, Naslund, Bertuzzi unit instead of the Sedin unit. All his moves were way too predictable and he did nothing to adapt to the new NHL or adapt to the way that other coaches have saw through him.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    at that point of his career, bert was full of confidence, he had his best season ever, his team is leading the series 3-1, everything seems rosy, i dont really fault him THAT much for bein alittle cocky. its like the messier's gaurantee, 'cept todd didnt bak it up.
    if we r gonna fault bert on dat, then nucks fans should all take the blame for wakin the wings up in 01/02 by chasing detroit's team bus carrying blooms and callin for a sweep.
    When Messier said it, the Rangers were down 3 games to 2. When Bertuzzi said it, we were up 3 games to 1. There is a huge difference between being just cocky and being just cocky and a moron at the same time. He gave the Wild all the ammunition to come back in that series. We were up 2-0 in game 7 and he tells a Wild player to pack his golf bags... I mean, come on. The whole Wild team probably got so pissed after he said it, they just took over the rest of the game.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Don't really want to comment on much now that the season is over for us and I have very little interest in hockey once the Nucks are out. I agree with Nonis for starting with that lineup at the start of the season to give the core one last shot. what I don't agree with is that he did nothing to fix the season even when everybody could tell that we were having problems even when we were winning. Around Christmas, he had a chance to move Bertuzzi or do something to the lineup, but he did squat. After the trading deadline, he had a chance to can Crow to make one last desperate move, but he didn't do that either.

We probably did not have a chance at Thornton cause MOC doesn't like big contracts. We had a chance at Heatley, but I doubt Nonis even had that cross his mind. They got Hossa, but Bertuzzi is better than Hossa when he's at top of his game and I bet Atlanta might've thought that way (at the time anyway).

Anyway, a lot of our problems came from our Coach. He was too chicken to bench the stars of our team and too stubborn headed to start the Sedins as the 1st unit PP. For 60-70 games this year, he kept starting the Morrison, Naslund, Bertuzzi unit instead of the Sedin unit. All his moves were way too predictable and he did nothing to adapt to the new NHL or adapt to the way that other coaches have saw through him.

When Messier said it, the Rangers were down 3 games to 2. When Bertuzzi said it, we were up 3 games to 1. There is a huge difference between being just cocky and being just cocky and a moron at the same time. He gave the Wild all the ammunition to come back in that series. We were up 2-0 in game 7 and he tells a Wild player to pack his golf bags... I mean, come on. The whole Wild team probably got so pissed after he said it, they just took over the rest of the game.
    well, crow is finally gone, so dat makes us both happy at least. his time was up becuz of everything u said, and its a good move imo. i dont even think hes a good coach. lookin back, how many times did we say we were out coached in the playoff? at least 2x (against minny and calgary). he sucks w/ young player, dont like changes, stubborn, lack balls to stand up to bert, lost control of the room, and didnt handle the moore's hit on nazzy well. when things r going good, hes ok, but he cant handle pressure/adversity.

i still want bert gone tho, hopefully nonis isnt done cleaning house. now this will finally be nonis' team, let see wat he can do w/ it. i still think we need a couple big moves, but not many moves. we need bert and crow gone, resign jovo (or replace him w/ a top 4 d man), get rid of cloutier, add scoring depth up front. so far nonis already accomplish a part of it, hopefully he keep takin my advice (we remember wat happen last time he didnt take my advice, rite? haha)

man u should really want these playoffs, its amazing! the sens/lightning series, sabre/flyer, avs/stars and habs/canes series r so freakin entertaining! lots of speed and skill, hilite goals, big hit (did u see the hit on umberger ). the only boring hockey is flames, and even they r mildly watchable nowadays. this is like christmas for a hockey fan.

Well I'm from Van so let me say a few things.

First, about the WCE on the first PP unit. Well, you have to realize that for this team to do ANYTHING in the playoffs, nazzy bert mo have to be going. Sure, maybe if crow switched it up we might of scampered into the playoffs, but we'd make the early exit as usual. Also, the Sedins and Carter aren't even close to the WCE of old. There is no way they can carry the team like nazzy and bert did (Morrison has always been a 2nd line centre).

About Thornton, I've heard that apparently he was only offered to SJ for some retarded reason. But hey thats why the GM is gone now.

With Crawford gone, I think that Nonis is going to keep Bert. I think that Nonis wil try and get a new coach and see if that can rejuvinate Bert. I dunno, part of me wants to see Bert do well here, but if a good trade is available, go for it.

Also, we HAVE to dump all these useless salaries. Cloutier, Mo, Cooke should all be gone and give Linden a big cut if he doesn't retire. Then resign Jovo to 4.5 mill max, or get rid of him. Theres alot of good UFAs available to easily replace him. Sign Sedins / Carter of course, long term.

BTW, those guys on team1040 are such idiots. They spew so much shit its sick.

Giants just swept............... NICE

I just have one thing to say:

GO DEVILS. GET THE FREAKING STANLEY CUP

No offense to those who hate them.
    If you started, you must finished.
    If you do it, you must give it all.

Godslayer - The Devils are the team that turned hockey into a boring trap. I can never cheer for a team that invented/mastered the trap. Same goes for the Wild.

Monkey, I don't know. All I get is Edmonton and Calgary games since I live in Calgary. I so hate the Flames. The Oilers, I don't mind. I'm not watching much of the hockey playoffs because once the Nucks are out, my heart just sacks and I don't really care for which team wins the playoffs as long as it's not a team I hate (the Flames).

Quote Originally Posted by loch2
    Well I'm from Van so let me say a few things.

First, about the WCE on the first PP unit. Well, you have to realize that for this team to do ANYTHING in the playoffs, nazzy bert mo have to be going. Sure, maybe if crow switched it up we might of scampered into the playoffs, but we'd make the early exit as usual. Also, the Sedins and Carter aren't even close to the WCE of old. There is no way they can carry the team like nazzy and bert did (Morrison has always been a 2nd line centre).
    We only need one of the 2 big stars to get going in the playoffs and our 2nd line and maybe our D to chip in and the thing is, our first unit PP became so familiar with the way Crow sets it up that other coaches recognized what Crow was going to do and that's why the WCE pp unit has struggled for the last two seasons.
    And I don't agree with this exiting our early in the first round thing if we do make the playoffs. The Wings are a very overrated team this year and they're showing it. I don't like the Stars either. Their record is much boosted by the number of shootout wins they've had this season. Any team could've gotten out of the first round (well not the Rangers without Jgar or SJ without Thornton). The Oilers were playing just as crappy as the Nucks down the stretch and look what they're doing to the Wings. The Nucks have beaten the Wings before and beaten them handily (when they decide to show up) so we're really missing out by not making the playoffs. The most ironic thing is, the Oilers wouldn't even be in the playoffs if the shootouts weren't introduce this season.

About Thornton, I've heard that apparently he was only offered to SJ for some retarded reason. But hey thats why the GM is gone now.
    Yeah, I heard that too. MOC is an idiot. He didn't even try to sell Thornton to other teams and get more in return.

With Crawford gone, I think that Nonis is going to keep Bert. I think that Nonis wil try and get a new coach and see if that can rejuvinate Bert. I dunno, part of me wants to see Bert do well here, but if a good trade is available, go for it.
    Hopefully, I hope not. Bert will still be an elite all-star, but if he stays in Vancouver, he might be just a shell of his former self. He seriously needs a change of scenery and the problem for Bert's poor play wasn't with Crow. I hope he gets traded or else we might just go through another disappointing season again.

Also, we HAVE to dump all these useless salaries. Cloutier, Mo, Cooke should all be gone and give Linden a big cut if he doesn't retire. Then resign Jovo to 4.5 mill max, or get rid of him. Theres alot of good UFAs available to easily replace him. Sign Sedins / Carter of course, long term.

BTW, those guys on team1040 are such idiots. They spew so much **** its sick.

Giants just swept............... NICE
    Yeah, we've all said it all along. Why the hell did Nonis sign Cloutier to a 2 year deal for $2.5 mill each. I've always been against Mo's contract, but nobody at the start of the season agreed with me. I think Burke is a much better negoiater than Nonis. I do not want Jovo resign for anything more than what Ohlund is earning. If we sign him for $4.5 mil, we might as well get 1 and a half quality d-man for that price. In a cap world, bad contracts can mean your undoing (cough cough Leafs cough cough).
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 04-30-06 at 07:05 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!