Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

im not a fan of the devils and their style, but u gotta love brodeur and elias. in fact they r 2 of my fav players in the nhl rite now. im cheering for the avs and sens to meet in the final, avs cuz they r my 2nd fav team, sens cuz they r fun to watch and very skilled.

its true dat anything can happen in the playoff, but even w/ the wings/stars surprisingly early exit, i still dont think the nucks would've beat them. the reason y oilers beat wings is hard work. im not convinced the nucks work nearly as hard as the oilers. the reason the avs won is sakic, we dont have a sakic like leader and scorer on our team.

bert will turn it around. hopefully it'll be here. u can still see him dominating shifts, and if he can do it consistantly he'll be great again. he did it b4, he can do it again. i just hope he put the moore incident behind him and start hitting ppl again. god its so frustratin to see him turn away from a hit.

jovo will get lots more $ then ohlund, mattias is under paid at $3.5, doesnt mean jovo will settled for dat. he even said he'll shop himself around for the best offer. he aint coming back. btw, nonis had always negotiate contracts, even when burke was here, so burke wasnt better then nonis at dat.

loch2, have u been to any giants game this yr? its amazing! i was too young for the nucks '94 run in the colisum, but dat place is rocking nowadays even w/ just 9000 fans. brule is dominating games like i've never seen anybody dominate. its unreal. too bad the memorial cup isnt in van this yr.

Well, I didn't noticed you posted again. Anyway, anything is possible in the playoffs. Anything can happen. The Oilers were playing just as crappy as the Nucks down the stretch before their final two games of the season and it looks like they're going to go to the finals. The year the Nucks went to the finals, they also didn't play very well either.

Anyway, I don't want any big contracts (that means you Jovo) unless it's one you can't resist (Redden, Chara, etc) and only good for a couple of seasons at most.

What is with this year's finals? I didn't expect to see the Oilers, Sabres, and Canes in it. The Ducks, I saw though.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

We're in the finals!! We're in the finals!!!!

Omg, it's hockey fever here in Edmonton. It's so hard to buy anything related to the Edmonton Oilers. Lol..my brother had to drive down to Calgary to purchase an Oiler's jersery.

I love our goalie

Omg, the last 2 mins of the game was awesome; 6 on 4. Did I mention that i love our goalie? Love him!
    where art thou prince? i want to wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by zzzbeauty
    We're in the finals!! We're in the finals!!!!

Omg, it's hockey fever here in Edmonton. It's so hard to buy anything related to the Edmonton Oilers. Lol..my brother had to drive down to Calgary to purchase an Oiler's jersery.

I love our goalie

Omg, the last 2 mins of the game was awesome; 6 on 4. Did I mention that i love our goalie? Love him!

Strange... Just a month ago, the city of Edmonton was about to roast their goalie for his crappy performance in the regular season. My, how the tide turns in such a short while. I would love your goalie too, if he play for the Nucks and the Nucks actually made the damn playoffs!
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Strange... Just a month ago, the city of Edmonton was about to roast their goalie for his crappy performance in the regular season. My, how the tide turns in such a short while. I would love your goalie too, if he play for the Nucks and the Nucks actually made the damn playoffs!
    C'mon, Roloson was playing like crap near the end of the season. Auld was clearly better. Goaltending was NOT the reason why we missed the playoffs. The fact is that we did miss the playoffs and there are no what ifs. We just didn't make it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    C'mon, Roloson was playing like crap near the end of the season. Auld was clearly better. Goaltending was NOT the reason why we missed the playoffs. The fact is that we did miss the playoffs and there are no what ifs. We just didn't make it.

I can't believe you came to me = Auld bashing from me would loving Roloson if he played for the Nucks and the Nucks made the playoffs and Roloson's doing what he's doing in the playoffs... Wow!!!

I think you would come to a conclusion of I'd be a billionaire if I just win $10 on the next 649 draw. Your skills of deduction amazed me.... Actually, more like offend me.

Of course I know Auld wasn't the problem for the Nucks not making the playoffs. Bertuzz, Crow, Weinrich, Nonis, and even Naslund were all part of the problems. Of course, there's more than just that, but I don't want to get into detail here.

Auld and Roloson were the main reasons the Nucks were even in a playoff chase. If Auld wasn't playing so well and Roloson playing so crappy, the Nucks would've been 10 pts + behind the Oilers at the end of the regular season.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Well, I didn't noticed you posted again. Anyway, anything is possible in the playoffs. Anything can happen. The Oilers were playing just as crappy as the Nucks down the stretch before their final two games of the season and it looks like they're going to go to the finals. The year the Nucks went to the finals, they also didn't play very well either.

Anyway, I don't want any big contracts (that means you Jovo) unless it's one you can't resist (Redden, Chara, etc) and only good for a couple of seasons at most.

What is with this year's finals? I didn't expect to see the Oilers, Sabres, and Canes in it. The Ducks, I saw though.
    i dont think the nucks have the work-ethic and physicality to do wat the oilers are doing. and the leadership and determination of the oilers is on another level comparing to the nucks. im sure even if the nucks got in on the 8th seed, they'd get spank by the wings in 4 games. i think the oilers just turned it all around once roloson start playing well, they already had good D and ok scoring, it was their G that was killin them all year long. auld was great at times, but he was inconsistent and hes not as good as roloson is rite now. anything is possible, i supposed, but its highly unlikely that nucks would be doing wat the oilers r doing rite now.

even for redden/chara, i wont pay them max (~$8M). no way i pay them more then wat pronger is getting. look at 2 teams left, only pronger make big money. even including buffalo and anahiem, only neidermayer makes big money. theres less need for star power in the new nhl, more need for depth and speed. if i have $8M, i'd rather sign mitchell, mckee and langenbrunner then just chara. besides, the nucks arent 1 player away from the cup, so y throw so much money at a guy whos not gona push us over the top?

final starts tmw, any guesses? im gonna say oilers in 6. go canadian teams go!!!

I predict Oilers in 6. I can't imagine what our city would be like if the Oilers win; game 6 lands on a Saturday.

I agree, all the season long we were lacking a goalie or rather we were lacking confident in our goalie. We didn't have much confident in Roloson at first either.

It's really hard to predict the outcome cuz we haven't played the Hurricanes at all this whole season. I can't wait till Monday to watch the Stanley cup finals.

The Hurricanes are ranked number 1 in powerplay whereas the Oilers are ranked number 1 in plenty killing, that should prove interesting to watch.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

roloson is out, can we win without roli??? hi superkaratemonkey, how long was i not here?

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    roloson is out, can we win without roli??? hi superkaratemonkey, how long was i not here?
    wow trizz, where were u all these time?? i thot 4 sure u'd be back postin once the oilers made the PO! lol welcome back tho

tough break for oilers, w/out roloson they dont have a chance IMO. seeing how incompatent conklin and markkanen is, i think its save to say the oilers are done. they are better off losing pronger then roloson just becuz rolie's backups are so bad. funny i heard pierre mcguire on vancouver radio sayin how, in december, oilers players openly admit to him dat they have no faith in conklin/markkenen, and dat they wont win the cup w/ those 2. i guess nothing had changed their mind since eh?

new prediction, canes in 5.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

haha i had huge exams during that time, and for the whole year, i haven't been on this site, i just recently revisit it, haha.

ne ways, after game 3, i still have faith in the oilers, they just gotta grit it out, i think it's still possible, it's bleak but possible, markkanen jut have to play solid, not magnificent but consistent. btw he can't play magnificient. The thing i'm worried about right now is that if we win, we may lose a couple of great players because they want more money, if we lose chances are everyone is staying. But that's ok, we got great prospects, i would say oil in 6

haha i had huge exams during that time, and for the whole year, i haven't been on this site, i just recently revisit it, haha.

ne ways, after game 3, i still have faith in the oilers, they just gotta grit it out, i think it's still possible, it's bleak but possible, markkanen jut have to play solid, not magnificent but consistent. btw he can't play magnificient. The thing i'm worried about right now is that if we win, we may lose a couple of great players because they want more money, if we lose chances are everyone is staying. But that's ok, we got great prospects, i would say oil in 6
    hope u did well on your exams, ur in grade 10 rite? now u get to enjoy the next 2 months off watching the nhl/nba/world cup. lucky u!

thing about markkanen is, he can get really hot for a couple games, then he really suck for a stretch after. if the oilers wanna win, they'd better pray that jussi gets on his hot streak and stay on it. he played well last game, but i still have doubts.

ur worried about players leaving if u win the cup? forget it, they'd made it to the finals, they'd want big bucks even if they get sweep. its rare to win the cup, as a nucks fan, i wouldnt mind we lose naslund/bert/sedins/ohlund/salo/auld/bourdon and our 1st round picks for next 5 yrs just to win the cup once, honestly.

no no i'm in gr.12, haha, school's almost over for me, haha. going to uni next year

i guess they want big bucks, but looking at the cap, we're way under it, i think we can still keep some guys, spacek, peca maybe samsonov, all the other guys are are still on contract, shouldn't be too bad, roloson should stay, if he goes elsewhere he may not be the number one goalie, maybe detroit. i personally think dick tarnstrom hasn't met up to his expectations, he's played solid, but he just won't click on our powerplay, what do you guys think? i really pray that markkannen gets hot for the next 3 games, that's all we need, 4 wins.

no no i'm in gr.12, haha, school's almost over for me, haha. going to uni next year

i guess they want big bucks, but looking at the cap, we're way under it, i think we can still keep some guys, spacek, peca maybe samsonov, all the other guys are are still on contract, shouldn't be too bad, roloson should stay, if he goes elsewhere he may not be the number one goalie, maybe detroit. i personally think dick tarnstrom hasn't met up to his expectations, he's played solid, but he just won't click on our powerplay, what do you guys think? i really pray that markkannen gets hot for the next 3 games, that's all we need, 4 wins.
    wat uni ru going to next yr and wat ru taking?? best of luck wherever u go.

i think u need to spend some money on a true PP QB, spacek and tarnstrom arent the answer. your pp is killin u in the finals. u must keep roloson, or else find a replacement. either way it'll cost u. i think ur in good position in terms of cap space, just continue to spend wisely and but a team w/ depth. btw, dont let peca go, hes really proving his worth in the PO. samsonov, im not a fan, but if he'll resign cheap, i'd say keep him.

good luck tonite oilers, i hope u win, but i dont thik u will.

i'm going to the u of a, i have no clue what's wrong with our powerplay, it was pretty good going in, and then once we met carolina i don't know what hit us. I think we're paying too much for tarnstrom, he's not really clicking that well, i think he'll be going. Spacek was pretty good, i think he's staying, he has good chemistry with staios, and he got a bomb on the powerplay. knowing kevin lowe, i think he knows what to do, i think the city is pretty confident in what he's doing, look what he did for our team this season. Peca and Pronger right off the back, then Spacek and Tarnstrom, seriously why tarnstrom, spacek, yeah he's ok. then samsonov and roloson, in the process we didn't lose much, we just lost reasoner, that's about it. but all this trading and signing is after the playoffs GO OILERS GO!!!

So far the NHL finals is 3-2 with Carolina leading at least the Oilers won tonight instead of getting eliminated right away.
    If you started, you must finished.
    If you do it, you must give it all.

If we keep playing desperate and hit hard, we can take all those old guys out fast and possibly win the cup, i don't know, maybe the cup will be back in canada for the first time in 13 years.

I can't believe we actually won!!! The series is now tied at 3-3. It was an awesome game; everywhere you go, people hi-five you and cars are honking.....it's going crazy here and I love it. T

his game was a get back for the Hurricanes killing us in game 2 where the score was 5-0. ( the final score could have been 5-0 however, one of the goal was disown) I can't wait till game 7. Who would have thought that we would have made it this far.

WE WANT CUP!! WE WANT CUP!

Oilers are hungry... they hit hard, never give up on the puck and will not let Jussi take too many shots. Great win.

Hurricanes are just not doing their jobs. Their big guns are waiting for a break and they weren't getting any. Lots of silly penatlies and basically weren't aggressive.

7 game baby and I think if Oilers play the way they are playing, they are going to bring the cup back home
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

WE WANT CUP WE WANT CUP, i was at jasper ave after the game and it was packed, haha, everyone high fiving everyone else. never seen the city so united. I think we'll win the next game, we got momentum, we got heart, we got everything they don't have. We even started to get our powerplay going and our PK is shaping up to meet it's expectations. Those old men in red are going down, going down hard