Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

hows it like at white ave? i heard its just nuts there. kinda like red ave in calgary 2 yrs ago. too bad i was too young to enjoy the nucks '94 run, i dunno if van will ever get back to that level
    i still think the canes gonna win tho, they arent old trizz, most of their impact players are around 30, which is not dat old. cam wards been great even in losses. brindamore and staal needs to be more assertive in the O-zone, the whole team seems to be soften up from the physical play of the oilers. but hey, its game 7, im sure they'll give it their all tonite and come out w/ the cup. i like the play of markkenan so far, he doesnt have to be great, just good enuff to not lose the series for them. pronger should get the conn smythe no matter who wins the cup IMO. i think u should let samonov walk tho, hes been underwhelming in the playoff so far.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

it's over; but i'm so proud of my edmonton oilers, we had a great run, great memories, they may not have won the cup, but they won the heart of the city, everyone seens so united during the run, something i've never seen in our city, sort of a great feeling, during the run, everywhere i went, everyone was happy, everyone was friendly and happy. It's over but the team is still being praised upon, we did great for a newly built team, I think as long as we keep the impact players during the playoffs, we can pull this off again, just the oilers of way back when, they're first trip to the stanley cup finals, they lost, and then they won the next 5 trips.

I think peca, samsonov, dvorak will leave, but then again, samsonov maybe a question mark right? cause he didn't really do that well. We can surely upgrade on dvorak, and peca, well he just wants to go back to long island and be with ted nolan. But that's ok, we got great prospects coming up. Brad Winchester, Kyle Broziak, Robbie Schremp, Dan Syrvet, Toby Peterson, the list goes on, just looking at the stats of our prospects, it's pretty good, we just need a designated farm team, not iowa and hamilton, come on, we need a farm team with just edmonton prospects, so we can see how well they work together.

What else i heard was that roloson, spacek and tarnstrom are staying, they like it here, they don't wanna leave, hey if you throw in our young guys, stoll, torres, greene, hemsky and bergeron (he's not that bad, he had two bad games, cost us a goal and our goalie, really it's not his fault), we got a pretty good team going, i just hope thye don't sack bergeron, he's really good, he's solid all year. If we can keep our nucleus which in my opinion is -- Stoll, Torres, Smyth, Horcoff, Pronger, Smith, Staios, Spacek, Hemsky, Moreau and our hit man Laraque, we should do fine.

well what do you guys think of my analysis?

trizz, i honestly think ur over estimating your team. not dat i dont think they are good, dont get me wrong, but i dont think it'll be as easy to get back to the finals as u think. keeping your current lineup isnt gonna cut it IMHO. look at the last 6 yrs, how many teams made the finals 2x? only 2 teams i can think of is NJ and Car, and Car have a completely different lineup for the 2 runs. for the oilers to get back to the finals again, they'll need more depth up front, stay really healthy (specially pronger and roloson), and their PP has 2b better. and u have to hope other teams dont improve as much as u either. it wont be easy.

still, congrats to edmonton tho, to lose in game 7 in the finals is tough, us nucks fans can relate. while it was nice to see staal and wesley and brindamour hoisting the cup, it sadden me to see harvey crying, and symth/moreau/staios devastated. sometimes sports is so cruel. too bad they cant give out 2 cups.

i dont want samonov back for edm, hes manages to skate fast all game w/out accomplish anyhting. i rather use dat money for a better player, or leave the spot open for schremp. no offense, but edm's list of prospect isnt dat great. syrvet had a great junior career, but im not convinced he can translate dat into the nhl, at most he'll be a bergeron type dman. winchester and peterson arent expected to be more then 3rd/4th line guys. dunno anything about broziak. dubnyk is ok, but again nothing exceptional. but your core is still young, dont really need alot of prospect steppin up just yet. u need to keep peca tho, he shows his true value in the PO, and u need players like him to win. i say get rid of laraque tho, hes pretty useless, and not fast enuff for the new nhl.

what do you think of my analysis of your team trizz??

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

almost like what the papers said, but the thing is peca doesn't wanna stay, what can we do? He's building a house on long island, like now, so i'm guessing he wants to play for ted nolan. Samsonov, well yeah i guess he's been useless, i guess the sharks want him to be with cheechoo and thronton. if laraque leaves ppl are gonna be pissed off at lowe, i agree he is useless, but the fans like him, he's one of those guys who are out there 10 seconds a game just for morale, we can fill it in with harvey and he can bring up morale too, he hits hard and he can actually do something offensively. Also heard kevin lowe wants Jay McKee think of the defensive core we're gonna have

Jason Smith, Chris Pronger, Jaroslave Spacek, Steve Staios, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Matt Greene, possibly Dick Tarnstrom and if you throw McKee in the mix, what the hell is going on!! we still need more depth up front, some guys to to keep stoll and torres consistent, torres is streaky, and stoll has ups and downs, same as hemsky and horcoff.

and oh yeah here are the nhl award winners, congrats

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/06/275472.html

brind'amour looks like a monkey, i can't look at his face without laughing

I'm glad the Oilers lost. I just can't stand another division rival winning the cup. I don't go for that Canadian team bs cause this ain't the Olympics. FYI: Vancouver / NY Rangers is still the highest rated playoffs on Canadian tv ever. That's pretty impressive considering there were less tvs/people in Canada back in 94.

Anyway, I can't believe what a blockbuster deal we made. I hate losing Allen and Auld, but we did get rid of Bert and got Loungo in return. Now, if only we can sign him and get rid of Clouts.

If that trade had Cloutier instead of Auld, it would've been the perfect deal for Vancouver.... Still, Allen is quite impressive in terms of both physical play and defense. I would've rather we gotten rid of Jovo (but he's a UFA).

Damn, I wish Nonis would do something great on draft day, like acquire Kessels even if it means losing Loungo cause Kessels is one of those rare players. I don't care what anybody says about Johnson or Toews or etc... Goal scoring machines are rare commodities.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

sad sad sad, our team now looks so damm weak, so so so weak. Pronger is requesting a trade, cause his wife can't live in edmonton, he loves it here, his kids love it here, but his wife can't so he wants a trade, WHAT UP WITH THAT. we have so much success with him here, now he wants out, who's next, peca and samsonov, damm we're not even gonna make the playoffs this time.

BTW, nice trade nonis pulled off, pretty impressive, but your draft picks, could have been better.

wow, wat a great trade by nonis, he got rid of a cancer (bert) and got us a top nhl goalie. nonis, YOU-ARE-GOD!! im gonna miss allen, but man, luongo!? we never had anything like him b4. now we dont have to go into each playoff series thinkin we have the 2nd best goalie. we can now match up to calgary, sj, ana etc. im so excited!
    we'll have to fill in a couple holes we created in this trade tho. mitchell in for allen? langenbrunner for bert? trade for a scorer? we dont have enuff $ to resign jovo imo. hopefully roberto wont want the max, anything near $6M is fine w/ me. resign carter and the sedins and noronen, trade clouts, and we r ready to go.
    too bad about pronger tho, if he leaves its gonna be impossible for the oilers to make it to the final again. wats wrong w/ edm? i'd like to live there rather then st louis or chicago or nj. i think prongers wife is just being difficult. oh well. easier time for the nucks next yr

everyone is getting stronger but us, this is so messed up. Really edmonton is not a bad place, right now our murder cases are at 18 and half the year is over, theres not much crime here, it's all safe, weather is umm.. bearable, haha lots of festivals during the summer, no crowded congestion like big cites *cough* vancouver *cough* plus gas is cheaper here. Pronger really loves it here, i dont know what's wrong with his wife, this is what i want out of pronger

to toronto -- absolutely nothing, they got nothing we want, GO AWAY
    to pittsburgh -- gonchar, malkin and if we're demanding enough crosby
    to florida -- horton, bouweester and BERTUZZI
    to NYR -- i dont' know what we can get from this team, absolutely not poti, maybe ozolinsh
    to philly -- not too sure about these guys
    to chicago -- how bout next time, you guys are next to toronto

Wow... what a day in the NHL! Pronger looks like he's dirt cheap now at only $6.25 mil a year. D-men are costing so much now.

I don't think Lidstrom's signing of $7.6 mil is a bad thing cause that's what he made last year and he's the best d-man in the league (make an arguement for Neidermyer too). Although, I do think the individual cap should've been set at
    15%, not 20%.

Chara getting $7.5 mil is a bit steep and Jovo getting $6.5 mill is really steep. We stole Mitchell at only $3.5 mill, but man do we look like we're cap screwed. Still, we're not as cap screwed as the Leafs. What is JFJ thinking signing all those
    d-men to so much and their goalie still isn't signed yet. I guess you don't need scoring forwards anymore. I laughed at the Leafs and I laughed at the Avs... Theodore deal looks really stupid now considering that they're already $5 mil over on bonuses on the cap hit. I'm going to start laughing at the Nucks soon if we don't sign a bargain (like Almo or JR for dirt cheap).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

wow, the luongos contract suddenly looks very good. jovo is only $250k less then roberto? we got a steal. look at ohlund and salo, makin $5M COMBINED?? dats wat tor is paying kubina alone! we do have some steals on our team, now we just need to sign a couple ufa projects (like carter from last summer) and we'll be set. im thinkin owen nolan, hes a RW, power forward type, have back problems but should complement nazzy/mo nicely. resign carter and we'll have 2 very good lines. i hope the 3rd line will be cooke/kesler/reid, 4th line can be burrows/linden/sanalta. and we just have to hope theres no injuries or else we r screwed. d line can be ohlund/bieksa, salo/bourdon (altho i want bourdon to stay in junior 1 more yr, but we cant afford a capable nhl proven player), mitchell/krajiek, brown as the 7th man. not a bad looking team. hopefully dat'll fit under the 44M cap.

chara for 7.5? y dont they just keep thornton? hes the mvp of the nhl. dats too much money.
    jovo 6.5? too much again. but at least pho have a pretty good blueline now, w/ boynton and morris.
    corvo, gerber, pothia, etc, so much money for these fringe players. mitchell came at a steep price, but it still looks like a good deal after all is said and done.

i hope pronger get trade soon, or else edm is gonna be hooked to his contract and they cant really go after any ufa. pisani for $2.5/yr?? dats a HUGE overpayment. hes pretty much a cooke, and we all think cooke is over paid at $1.5M. geez way to overpay lowe. looks like van, cgy, min r gonna be the teams to beat in the NW division. col made a bad trade w/ tanguay. edm will lose pronger. i think those teams r takin a step back.

trizz, pronger wont get u malkin imo. pit is not ready to challenge for the cup, so they wont give up malkin yet. u dont want bert from fla, hes a cancer and fla just got him so they wont trade him. u mite get bouwmeester tho, which i think is a good start. u dont want ozolinsh, hes retired. i think mtl mite try to get pronger from u, or LA (they wanted chara), or NYR (not sure if they have cap space), or ATL.

The Avs didn't have a choice, but to trade Tanguay. They are in cap hell with Sakic's signing and the bonues from years past from both Sakic and Blake's previous signings. If they didn't get rid of Tanguay, they would be easily over the cap or they have to sign all AHLers to the league minimum.

The Rangers can afford Pronger's contract easily. They are one of the few teams that have a lot of cap space. Half of Jgar's $8 mil contract is being paid for by the Caps.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    The Avs didn't have a choice, but to trade Tanguay. They are in cap hell with Sakic's signing and the bonues from years past from both Sakic and Blake's previous signings. If they didn't get rid of Tanguay, they would be easily over the cap or they have to sign all AHLers to the league minimum.

The Rangers can afford Pronger's contract easily. They are one of the few teams that have a lot of cap space. Half of Jgar's $8 mil contract is being paid for by the Caps.
    dats true, but to get, imo, so little in return for tanguay is gonna hurt them next yr. leopold is decent, but alex is a top 10 winger that can score 80/90 pts per season. whos gonna replace that? i dont think Col planned very well ahead of time for the cap. they've lost forsberg, foote, tanguay, now blake, mainly becuz of cap issue. if only they bought out sakic last yr (im sure joe will resign at a cheaper price) they mite be able to keep one of the above listed. theodure better earns his paycheque next yr or my beloved Avs r gonna be in the angelo esposito sweepstakes

i know dat half of jagr's contract is paid by washington, but doesnt the whole $8M count against the ranger's cap? im not too sure cuz nowadays, u cant trade players and pay any part of his contract (u can pay it, but it'll still count against the new team's cap). but jagr was traded pre-new-cba, so im not sure. if only half of jagr's contract count against the rangers, then they'll most likely be landing pronger. who'll they give up tho? jessiman? montoya (w/ dubnyk, i dont think edm will want a goalie prospect for pronger)? who else? i cant imagine any of the rangers roster players will interest edm too much.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    dats true, but to get, imo, so little in return for tanguay is gonna hurt them next yr. leopold is decent, but alex is a top 10 winger that can score 80/90 pts per season. whos gonna replace that? i dont think Col planned very well ahead of time for the cap. they've lost forsberg, foote, tanguay, now blake, mainly becuz of cap issue. if only they bought out sakic last yr (im sure joe will resign at a cheaper price) they mite be able to keep one of the above listed. theodure better earns his paycheque next yr or my beloved Avs r gonna be in the angelo esposito sweepstakes
    Well, trading Tanguay for cheap players is understandable. There aren't many GMs out there who would be willing to part with their cheap good players to get Tanguay at his salary. The one thing I don't understand is why would Colorado trade Tanguay to a division rival instead of out east out to another non-NW division team. Stupid move in terms of that. You can blame PL for all those stupid moves that have put the Avs in cap hell. Btw, I don't think you know this. Sakic just resigned another one year contract this year at around $7 mil (I think) so it's not like this signing was from years past. PL, last year, acquired Theodore for $5 mill a season with a much cheaper Abby. Add on top of Blake and Sakic's $5.3 mil bonuses on the cap hit from years past, that's 17.3 mil for 2 current roster players. Man, is PL stupid and the new Avs GM ain't fairing much better with that high signing of Sakic's.

i know dat half of jagr's contract is paid by washington, but doesnt the whole $8M count against the ranger's cap? im not too sure cuz nowadays, u cant trade players and pay any part of his contract (u can pay it, but it'll still count against the new team's cap). but jagr was traded pre-new-cba, so im not sure. if only half of jagr's contract count against the rangers, then they'll most likely be landing pronger. who'll they give up tho? jessiman? montoya (w/ dubnyk, i dont think edm will want a goalie prospect for pronger)? who else? i cant imagine any of the rangers roster players will interest edm too much.
    No, Jgar was the one exception under the new CBA. Only half of Jgar's contract counts towards the Rangers cap. I believe that none of his other half contract counts towards the Caps' cap, but they still have to pay for it. The new CBA prevented any type of these contracts from being signed so other teams can't pick up part of the player's contracts anymore. Since Jgar's contract was under the old CBA, it was the one exception.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

wow just two days into the UFA market and so many players have been signed. Phoenix actually looks pretty good, same as nashville and minnesota. Good thing for the new CBA, we can see all these small market teams developing into potentially dangerous teams. It's great to see all the canadian teams able to compete.

Arnott is a good deal for nashville, I wonder if they're gonna put him next to kariya?

I wouldn't have expected Jovo to sign with phoenix, surprised me a bit really, but vancouver is still good, they got ohlund and salo, they just need some new guys to step up and they should be good.

I hope we sign spacek, hemsky, stoll and horcoff and add some new guys from the free agent market, but there isn't much left anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    wow just two days into the UFA market and so many players have been signed. Phoenix actually looks pretty good, same as nashville and minnesota. Good thing for the new CBA, we can see all these small market teams developing into potentially dangerous teams. It's great to see all the canadian teams able to compete.

Arnott is a good deal for nashville, I wonder if they're gonna put him next to kariya?

I wouldn't have expected Jovo to sign with phoenix, surprised me a bit really, but vancouver is still good, they got ohlund and salo, they just need some new guys to step up and they should be good.

I hope we sign spacek, hemsky, stoll and horcoff and add some new guys from the free agent market, but there isn't much left anymore.
    I agree with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Well, trading Tanguay for cheap players is understandable. There aren't many GMs out there who would be willing to part with their cheap good players to get Tanguay at his salary. The one thing I don't understand is why would Colorado trade Tanguay to a division rival instead of out east out to another non-NW division team. Stupid move in terms of that. You can blame PL for all those stupid moves that have put the Avs in cap hell. Btw, I don't think you know this. Sakic just resigned another one year contract this year at around $7 mil (I think) so it's not like this signing was from years past. PL, last year, acquired Theodore for $5 mill a season with a much cheaper Abby. Add on top of Blake and Sakic's $5.3 mil bonuses on the cap hit from years past, that's 17.3 mil for 2 current roster players. Man, is PL stupid and the new Avs GM ain't fairing much better with that high signing of Sakic's.

No, Jgar was the one exception under the new CBA. Only half of Jgar's contract counts towards the Rangers cap. I believe that none of his other half contract counts towards the Caps' cap, but they still have to pay for it. The new CBA prevented any type of these contracts from being signed so other teams can't pick up part of the player's contracts anymore. Since Jgar's contract was under the old CBA, it was the one exception.
    i guess teams from the East arent offering as much as cgy. not many teams are gonna offer u cheap roster players for tanguay, when they can just go out and sign scorers w/o giving up asset. im not sure how much tanguay is askin for, but if its so much dat col cant afford, then i doubt cgy can afford him either. hopefully alex will resign w/ col next season, and then we'll have leopold and those picks for free
    btw, PL had retired, col is now run by gigeure. altho PL still have a say, i think the finally decision comes from giguere. also, sakic signed for 5.5M, a 1M paycut compare to last yr. not a bad contract for a great player. oh well, im sure col will find a way to make things work. i still stand by PL's trade for theodure. i think theo is just as good as luongo talentwise, but had a tough couple yrs. it cost the nucks alot more to get luongo then the avs for theo. it'll work out im sure, i trust PL.

wow, pronger w/ the ducks eh? burkie is really buildin a powerhouse team down there. im really lookin forward to ducks/sharks game next yr. pronger vs thornton, neidermayer vs marleau. in the NW div, we have kipper vs luongo vs theo. its gonna be sweet!!
    pho mite've added alot of players, but i dunno if they r better as a team. jovo is a great talent, but hes been hurt so often lately. if he stays healthy, it'll be a good signing, if hes hurt, then its 6.5M wasted. still cant believe jovo is only .25M cheaper then luongo haha. looks like the lockout didnt teach GMs anything, look at all these huge long term contracts they r handing out!!
    hey trizz, how ru gonna replace pronger?? most of the good UFA dmen are gone

from what i heard, we don't replace him, if we can get 6 dmen that were sort of like carolina's and buffalo's defensive core we can be successful without pronger, from what they say, pronger is only out there for a half a game, so you're safe for half a game, if you have 6 willing and determined defensemen you're safe for 3/4 of the game.

OMG we are so screwed, the 1st tier and 2nd tier defensemen are all gone from the free agency pool, we lost spacek, pronger, peca and most likely tarnstrom. We are so screwed in the back end, well we had a good run, it was fun while it lasted, the only thing that can help us out is a miracle, lets hope smid and some prospects play like phaneuf.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    OMG we are so screwed, the 1st tier and 2nd tier defensemen are all gone from the free agency pool, we lost spacek, pronger, peca and most likely tarnstrom. We are so screwed in the back end, well we had a good run, it was fun while it lasted, the only thing that can help us out is a miracle, lets hope smid and some prospects play like phaneuf.
    i wouldnt say edm is screwed, so what if u dont have an all star d-core? did car or buf had it? all u need is dman dat can block shots, clear the front of the net, and occasionally pop in a goal. then get 3 or 4 well balance scoring lines and u'll be set. w/ the cap room u have, u can go out and sign for a few players. or trade w/ teams dat have cap problem. i actually see edm, if they use their money wisely, they'll be next yrs surprise team again.

btw, u have no phaneuf, nobody does aside from cgy. so stop dreaming!! lol

after going through this miracle ride, how can anyone in edmonton not be worried, except kevin lowe and craig macT. Frankly, those guys think they have everything under control, maybe they really do. Speaking of blocking shots, the only single dman who blocks more shot than a dman on our team would be jay mckee, other than that, i think our team really does block a lot of shots. Horcoff vs. detroit and moreau also vs. detroit and many others willing to sacrifice. Well we do have some scoring talents, we just need to be consistent, and out dmans, well if kevin lowe thinks tjarnstrom can help us, i guess he can. BTW who is tjarnqvist?