Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i could be wrong, but they mite go through the league letting every team a chance to host it b4 they go back to the 1st team. so for van, we wont see the draft for 30 yrs i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    i could be wrong, but they mite go through the league letting every team a chance to host it b4 they go back to the 1st team. so for van, we wont see the draft for 30 yrs i guess.
    I thought that was the case too. But I just check future draft locations and Ottawa is hosting it again in 2008 after getting it in 2005. So maybe Edmonton will never host it again.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

WIPE THAT SMILE OFF your face. I don't know how they do this, i think it's by like random pick or nhl cities just submit applications to do it. That would explain why we wouldn't do it, cause our rink is like so damm small.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    WIPE THAT SMILE OFF your face. I don't know how they do this, i think it's by like random pick or nhl cities just submit applications to do it. That would explain why we wouldn't do it, cause our rink is like so damm small.
    not only that, but we know the city sux, theres nothing to do there, no good looking girls, crappy food, and smells funny
    haha im just kidding, dont get mad trizz. edm is a great place w/ great hockey tradition, im sure the draft will go back there, eventually......

hate to say this - but you know superkarate, apparently A LOT of people would agree with the first statement you made about Edm. Especially the Calgarians.

well we all know that the calgarians are absolutely and totally unbiased when talking about edmonton hehe
    i've actually been to edmonton and calgary myself, and i gotta say its a pretty nice place to visit. alot of the places looks like vancity, specially the residential area. its clean and quiet just the way i like it. not much to do, but its a very chilling town IMO.

haha I've been to Edmonton and Calgary myself too, at a age so young I dont remember much about being there. I just remember being in this huge asss mall, and hmm.. I dont think I even remember being in Calgary until my mom refreshed my mind and showed me pictures I've taken during my visit there. I remember Banff though, beautiful place with wonderful scenaries. Nothing beats beautiful British Columbia and Vancouver though.

the edmonton mall isnt even dat big to me, i've seen the whole place in about 5 hrs. they have a wave pool, ice rink and a roller coaster in it tho. i heard the oilers practice on that rink sometimes. i wish they'd build a rink in metrotown here in bc so i can watch the canucks practice there too.
    banff is cool, i love drinkin the glacier water, so much better than those weird tasting hotel water, yuck! the monster truck that takes u up the mountain is pretty awesome too, i wish i own one of those.
    did u goto lake louis?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

lake louis is expensive, the hotel, haha. I think it's haunted. I really like edmonton, it's quiet and peaceful, not much going on. it's cool how you can feel a city unite together during the finals.

You guys mean west edmonton mall, the world's second largest mall. The ice rick, oilers don't practice there, exhibition games take place there, exibition games between the prospects and university, if they had the actual oilers there, the mall be packed. The amusement park in there is gay, really it is. I only like the movie theatre there and the water park, other than that i only visit a couple of stores at west ed. and bowling up stairs, and if i have more cash it's arcade downstairs, haha.

Theres really not much going on in Edmonton, really, it's peaceful, it's good for studying seriously, haha maybe that's why Edmonton's high school diploma marks, well marks in general are top in Canada, haah.

its haunted!?!?! tell me more, i've never heard anything about dat!!

the roller coaster looks pretty impressive, lots of loop if i remember correctly. sounds like the malls a good place to hang out tho, kinda like a better version of metrotown we have here in bc. i kinda wish we have a place where we have the pool, arcade, theater, and bowling alley all in the same place. i dont like to drive 30mins to each place especially seeing how expensive gas is

well there's a place that has the pool, arcade, theater and bowling alley all in the same place. But that's not a mall lol I think that's the Famous Players place in Richmond No.3 road or something? Watermania, Famous Players cinema, and the bowling is somewhere there and there's arcade inside the bowling place.

I know I kinda wish we have better malls here in Vancouver But be glad that we live in beautiful BC and Vancouver, one of the most beautiful city in the world, and one of the best tourist attractions in Canada and the world with high quality standards. haha Il stop bragging.. but I still think that we seriously do have an awesome city. And our chinese girls keep winning the Miss Chinese International title to go on following a wonderous career in TVB. (and hopefully me too Yes I do want to pursue such dreams to follow a successful,wonderful and popular acting career in TVB)
    Hope it happens again sometime soon .

oh my gosh am I the only one here who has just realized we have seriously gone off topic? More hockey talk!

I'll start.. JP Dumont hits the market.. I've also heard Canucks are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    well there's a place that has the pool, arcade, theater and bowling alley all in the same place. But that's not a mall lol I think that's the Famous Players place in Richmond No.3 road or something? Watermania, Famous Players cinema, and the bowling is somewhere there and there's arcade inside the bowling place.

I know I kinda wish we have better malls here in Vancouver But be glad that we live in beautiful BC and Vancouver, one of the most beautiful city in the world, and one of the best tourist attractions in Canada and the world with high quality standards. haha Il stop bragging.. but I still think that we seriously do have an awesome city. And our chinese girls keep winning the Miss Chinese International title to go on following a wonderous career in TVB. (and hopefully me too Yes I do want to pursue such dreams to follow a successful,wonderful and popular acting career in TVB)
    Hope it happens again sometime soon .
    ur rite, i totally 4got about dat place. the arcade is very small, but theres rock climbing in the bowling alley too. but i havent been there for so long cuz i keep hearing ppl's car get broken into. one of my friend actually had his tires stolen. its not safe to park there.

wow ur gonna be an actress? can i have your autograph?? ru gonna be in one of those beauty contest? dats how most of the aspiring actress start out. anyways, best of luck to u on the path to stardom

i dont think the nucks are interested in dumont, or anybody for dat matter. assuming we re-sign linden, we'd be around $42M. and nonis said thats where he wanna start the season at. if we want dumont, we have to dump some salary, and the most logical choice is cooke. i wouldnt wanna get rid of cooke for dumont. if we should sign anybody its carter.

can i have your autograph too, i may live in edmonton, but when it comes to chinese pagent it's vancouver all the way, haha.

hey we signed sykora, what's up with that how would MacT place these guys now

Smyth, Horcoff, Hemsky, Lupul, Stoll, Sykora, Torres, Moreau, Reasoner, Pisani, Schremp, Pouliot, and others?

vancouver doesn't need dumont, haha we need tanabe, i think, but i don't really know much about him. his name just sounds cool. You should let us see a photo of you, how old are you? do girls like to be asked this question?

I don't know what the arbitrators were thinking in awarding Dumont $2.9mill. Good that the Sabres walked away from it. I hope Dumont won't even get half that with his new team.

Dumont will get 2.9 mil which ever team he plays for, cause once arbitration is done, if any team wants them it's 2.9 mil, correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    Dumont will get 2.9 mil which ever team he plays for, cause once arbitration is done, if any team wants them it's 2.9 mil, correct me if i'm wrong.
    Wrong. Arbitration rulings only affects the team in which the player was a Restricted Free Agent on. Sabres walked away from the ruling. So Dumont can sign with any team for any amount above the league minumum. Dumont won't get anything close to the 2.9million he was offered. I would say 1.5-2million at most.

but then won't he be asking for 2.9 mil since that's was what he was granted? But really who would give him that kind of money.

Oh he could ask for that money. Just no GM in the NHL would be stupid enough to give that to him. Ok maybe there are a few idiot GM's out there that would. But not likely.

who do you think would give him that kind of money, we don't need him at all, haah