Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Noronen signed with Russian club Aks bar and he's due for a starting job there. He has complained of never being given a chance to start, and since acquiring Luongo, he felt even unhappier. The guy was sick of being a backup and it seems like he's due for playing only around 10 games so he decided to sign with Aks.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

tough luck for noronen. wherever he went he never had enough luck. he's a great goalie, but well lets just say he's with the wrong team all the time.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

2 seasons ago in buff, b4 miller graduate from the AHL, noronen had a chance to beat out biron for the startin job and he blew it. last season, when miller went down and biron sucked, the starting job was pretty much handed to mika and he drop the ball. noronen have to realize dat no team is just gonna hand him the starting job again. he gotta prove himself, and they only way is to play backup in the nhl. how'd u think kippersoff start out in the nhl? same thing.

Well I really wish him the best of luck in his new hockey club. Too bad we couldnt keep him I liked the guy and hoped to see more of him as our backup. Anyways although I hate the Flames I do like Kiprusoff amazing goalie. Omg did you guys catch the NHL awards this year? That little kiddo dressed up as a mini Kipper was sooo cute and adorable <3

the kid was ok, if he wasnt a flames fan i'd probably think hes cute too.

just wondering, is anybody following the evgeni malkin story??

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

he's not coming over says gonchar, that's the latest news i heard, i'm not too sure. It kinda screwed over cause the russian leagues wouldn't sign that CBA. russia also risk russian nhl players not playing in the olympics and world championships cause they didn't sign it.

that kipper kid is cool, but since he's a flames fan i dont' like him.

Malkin will most likely play in the NHL this year. Russian federation can't do shit about that. Even under their rules. A player even under contract can leave if the player gives their 2 weeks notice. Its gonna be exciting seeing Crosby and Malkin play.

wow I never knew you could say the word shit here. shit shit shit shit shit anywaysssssss yea the Malkin story is so confusing something about him going to Finland and some say he's coming to NHL this year some says he's not. Ugh whatever.
    The NHL and world doesnt revolve around him, and actually it'd be better for the Calder race this upcoming season too, as it's more balanced and levelled without him. And we can actually see a much tighter and fierce competition for it, unlike last season,when it's revolving around Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin only and you know the trophy would go to only either one of them.
    Last edited by Kiss7; 08-15-06 at 10:45 PM.

wow, wat a potty mouth kiss7 is!
    anyways, malkin just went missing after his russian team landed at finland. rumors have it dat he cant get away from his russian team, so he have to run away while in finland. apparently, his team in russia use threat (possibly mafia influence too) to keep him signing contracts, and he had enuff. i heard his russian team's GM is gonna sue pitt. anyways its all very interesting to me, kinda like a movie hehe. in fact, theres ppl who redo movie posters and put malkin's head on it. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=280457

haha personally I liked the Saving Private Ryan and Chicken Run movie poster HAHA you know I also remember some Canuck fan made a movie poster of "Brokeback Mountain" of the Calgary Flames' Jarome Iginla and Mikka Kiprusoff. LOL enjoy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2424/brokebackflamesco5.jpg')

Brokeback Flamers
    Last edited by Kiss7; 08-16-06 at 04:38 AM.

i like the 'wheres wordo' malkin poster as well, and 'the fugitive'. but my fav. was the ET one.

actually, the brokeback poster start out as some flame fans mocking nazzy and bert (cuz they r really close friends) and canuck fans just turn it around and put iggy and kipper face on the poster.
    Last edited by superkaratemonkey; 08-16-06 at 03:09 PM.

haha funny pictures. owen nolan is now with gretz, i want to say phoenix is a really really old team, they look good on paper but i think they're gonna screw up big time, don't know just instincts telling me that.

you can actually say shit on this forum, nice SHIT

THe calder trophy race will be awesome this year if malkin is in it, but i think he'll probably win. But it will be more balanced.

Hey who knows when is that hockeyville thing gonna take place, will it be aired on tv, i really wanna see a small small town host an nhl game.

HAHAH I know right? isnt it fun that you could swear by saying the word SHIT here? SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT lemme try the F word. **** nope.. didnt work :/

haah okayy Ill stop before I get a warning and banned

anyways- hmm yea it'd be cool if Malkin doesnt come. Not that I hate Pittsburgh- but I want to see a more competitive, balanced and fair rookie class and race for the Calder. Also Pittsburgh already has Crosby and Jordan Staal so I hope Malkin comes a bit later

clearly u guys havent see malkin play. chek out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ_4eG8fhsw and tell me u dont want malkin to come over asap.

I know the kid is an awesome hockey player- but I guess his arrogance and ego doesnt make me want to see him in some way. I appreciate the talent and skills of a player too- but I also look for the perservance, the character, the attitude and his level of sportsmanship. Well thats me. Plus like the reasons I stated earlier- I want to see a more competitive, balanced and fair rookie race in the run for Calder. Plus he's probably not coming to the NHL this year anyways from a couple of sources I heard and I really dont care if he comes this year. But I can tell you- I do want to see this kid soon in the NHL, but only when he has really settled down for sure his plans and what he wants to do with his career and NHL club.

Well Malkin just recently sent his Russian team his two weeks notice. Which most likely means he is coming to the NHL.

sources say he's probably coming over. Pittsburgh is gonna be all set for the future. what position does malkin plays, if he's a winger, imagining him on crosby's side, they would make a pretty dynamic duo, but then they're both scorers and that may cause some problems, they both want the puck and you'll get some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    I know the kid is an awesome hockey player- but I guess his arrogance and ego doesnt make me want to see him in some way. I appreciate the talent and skills of a player too- but I also look for the perservance, the character, the attitude and his level of sportsmanship. Well thats me. Plus like the reasons I stated earlier- I want to see a more competitive, balanced and fair rookie race in the run for Calder. Plus he's probably not coming to the NHL this year anyways from a couple of sources I heard and I really dont care if he comes this year. But I can tell you- I do want to see this kid soon in the NHL, but only when he has really settled down for sure his plans and what he wants to do with his career and NHL club.
    what arrogance and ego? by all account hes a very good person, and the only reason the velichkin (his russian team GM) was able to keep him last yr was becuz malkin felt he should repay the team for developing him. hes in this mess cuz he tries to please everybody, not becuz of him wanting all the attention.
    also, the calder looks kinda weak compare to last yr if malkin dont come over. radulov, schremp, mabbe o'sullivan, staal, bourdon? i cant think of anymore rite now.

trizz, malkin plays center

i think you just about got them all for the calder, for me you guys know who i'm cheering for go schremp, haha. malkin plays center, so basically he probably wont' fit on the same line as crosby, that would give pittsburgh two great young lines. Maybe pittsburgh can make it back into the playoffs this coming season, maybe, but they're probably gonna fail, they need a couple more years to develop the great new guys they have, and that's if the pens still stays in pittsburgh.

dont forget they just drafted jordan staal too, and hes another center, they'll have the best group of centers in the league in 5 yrs.