Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

its great to see the hockey thread is alive once again! its been a long quiet winter here.
    1. i read from the local paper that brule would prefer to not be drafted by the canucks cuz there'll be too much pressure. which is y im hoping the nucks to stay away from him. if he thinks playing for the nucks is pressure, wait till he plays in the playoff, yikes!
    2. i love almo too, hes so entertaining to watch, and so much skill. but hes so moody sometimes, when he dont wanna play he stop doing anything. him and bure were probably the 2 most skillful players to ever play for the nucks, too bad they are both now forced into retirement from injuries. i'll miss bure.
    3. crosby and lemieux will be fun to watch. i think mario found himself another torch carrier. first lemieux, then jagr, now crosby, theres a superstar every decade for the pens. call it a gut feeling, but crosby-malkin combo mite be the next forsberg-sakic.
    4. call it another gut feeling, but i think burkie will go w/ jackson w/ the #2 pick.
    5. at #10, the nucks can still get a good prospect (o'mara, skille) but i rather they trade it for a 2nd line winger for the sedins.

5. at #10, the nucks can still get a good prospect (o'mara, skille) but i rather they trade it for a 2nd line winger for the sedins.
    I think we should keep the sedins. The Sedins played great last season and they look faster and have more strength than their rookie season. I think this season they will be better with the new rules
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Wow, lots of almo love on these boards

Ok, some memorable Almo quotes for those who're interested

Asked by reporters how his foot injury was, he replied:
    "Oh, that's OK, but my pelvis is out of whack!"

On why it is hard to move Nik Antropov from the front of the net:
    "He's 7 feet tall and 400 pounds!"

Reporter: "Alex, what do say to all the fans parading up and down Yonge Street after your Game 7 win?'"
    Almo: "Get a life."

Talking about Kaberle. They were saying how he is camera shy, but he is cocky, and relaxed when there are no cameras. They asked Domi, and Tie said that Kaberle is cocky, but in a good way. Then the interviewer told Mogilny that she hears that Kaberle is cocky, and Mogilny looked confused, looked at the girl and said;
    "He wears Khakis?"

Regarding Santa Claus, who was nothing more than a mysterious legend to kids who grew up in the old communist system:
    "Does he live in the north? I don't know where the hell he lives, really. They never told us. Maybe he's in one of those government project buildings. But he comes from somewhere."

Alex Mogilny suspects the fat man's (Santa) movements were rigidly controlled by authorities in the old Soviet Union.
    "You put presents under the tree and hopefully, by the time you (sober) up the next evening, something is still there," Mogilny said.

When asked how he was going to spend his time during the Christmas holiday, Mogilny replied “Get pissed”

Re: Gary Roberts Protein Shakes
    “I don't know what's in them and I don't want to know," said Mogilny, "All I know is I don't want to be 40 years old and be growing a second head."

On the face shield:
    "I can wear it one day, then not wear it the next day. It's like a pair of glasses, some days I wear it, some days I don't. I'm not wearing any underwear either. There is no reason."

On a ref giving him the gate after he yelled at them:
    "He didn't have to throw me out. He hears those words all the time."

There are so many excellent UFA's available (Forsberg, Naslund, Foote, Neidermayer etc.) , I can't wait til Aug 1 to see who signs where...

Please please please let the Leafs buy-out Nolan to free up from cap space...

hahaha sweet *** quotes. Almo is so damn funny. It's funny how he never smiles when he scores but when his linemates score he gets all excited and stuff
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

almo89, I don't think Almo had a quicker wrist shot than Naslund's because Almo's wrist shot wasn't a wrist shot. It's a snap shot and one of the few NHLers in history who can do it well. His snap shot is almost as hard as a lot of player's slap shots. I remember the Nucks rating it on that shot meter at 87 mph.

As for the funny Almo quotes, I forgot that about him. He is a pretty funny guy and doesn't make cliche excuses like a lot of players. Too bad the year he had 107 points with the Nucks, Bure was hurt for most of the season.

Oh yeah, the very interesting hockey offseason has started and so far:

Hatcher, Whitney, Brisebois (sp?), Amonte, Leclair, Savage (rumored) and I can't remember who else are all on waivers cause they've been bought out or not having their options picked up by their team.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

lol, those almo quotes are hilarious. i especially like the protein shake one and the face shield one.
    as a canucks fan, this summer is gonna be so exciting. first theres the draft where we can move up to draft a great player (mabbe even to the #2 spot since burkie wanna trade the pick) or we can trade the #10 pick for a 2nd line winger. then come aug 1, we mite see the signing or neidermayer OR forsberg OR both (not likely, but possible) and if we are really lucky we can say goodbye to malik and may and sopel and save like $4M. very exciting time indeed

Ah...the draft has come and gone. I'm pretty happy with the Leafs pick of Tuuka Rask, lord knows we need a goaltending prospect (a legitimate one). Kinda funny how Montreal took Carey Price even though they have Theodore though.

My favourite part of that day, Jeff O'Neill for a 4th rounder next year and signed for 1.5 mil a year for two years. Talk about a steal.

Anywho, Mogilny is the king of quotes and I hope he does come back, I heard that his agent said that hes skating hard and there are talks in progress. If he comes back at a (way) discounted price than I'll risk his back and hip injuries. He's really the only player on the Leafs (besides Sundin sometimes) that gives you chills everytime he steps on the ice...(well maybe except Antropov as well, but these chills are from wondering where hes gonna hurt himself next)...

Ah...I hear maybe Forsberg and Naslund are gonna package their rights...I wonder who has the cap space to purchase that deadly duo.

Free agency time is gonna be exciting.

yeah, rask seems like a perfect fit for the leafs. altho he had a average year and was inconsistent, his talent is there and hes finnish (currently the goaltending factory of the world). good pick for the leafs. the canucks did pretty well too, altho i really really want kopitar, i cant complain about getting bourdon. from the reports he sounds like a jovo jr, our D crop is gonna be awesome. i like price at #5, i dunno what ppl are complaining about. hes a great goaltending prospect, and he'll be ready when theodure is around 33 YO, so he'll be perfect to replace theo.
    oneill is the perfect replacement for nolan for the leafs, and hes cheaper and younger. canes is very nice to accomadate oneill like this, very classy franchise.

sorry, this was not meant to happen. can someone please delete this post?
    Last edited by someguy44; 08-01-05 at 04:19 AM.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    yeah, rask seems like a perfect fit for the leafs. altho he had a average year and was inconsistent, his talent is there and hes finnish (currently the goaltending factory of the world). good pick for the leafs. the canucks did pretty well too, altho i really really want kopitar, i cant complain about getting bourdon. from the reports he sounds like a jovo jr, our D crop is gonna be awesome. i like price at #5, i dunno what ppl are complaining about. hes a great goaltending prospect, and he'll be ready when theodure is around 33 YO, so he'll be perfect to replace theo.
    oneill is the perfect replacement for nolan for the leafs, and hes cheaper and younger. canes is very nice to accomadate oneill like this, very classy franchise.

Yeah, I was really upset when the Nucks had a chance to draft Kopitar and they didn't. He's noted as the best pure goal scorer of the draft, not counting Crosby, and can possibly turn out to be the next Pavel Bure (who knows). Really, Kopitar was rated one of the top 6 througout all the reports I've read and deservingly so judging from his stats, but the knock against him is his skating and the fact that he's from Slovenia (a non-hockey nation) might've been the reason Sharks, Sens, and Nucks didn't take him. This might come back one day to bite us in the arse. I'm having flashbacks of Jgar (picked 5th overall when we took Nedved at #2) and Forsberg (though we didn't have a chance at him, he should've been the clear cut #1 that year instead of # 6. Lindros, cry baby (I hope he signs with the Leafs so he can deliver the cancer virus to that team) was #1 that year.

I'm not too upset at getting Bourdon though since he's the type of player that can turn out to be a true leader. It's just that the Nucks need a scoring forward a lot more than a steady D-man, especially since Naslund might not come back. Although Bourdon has been compared to Jovo, judging from his stats alone, I don't see it. Even though he played on a poor team, his offensive stats should be more impressive. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for having such a bad +/- since he played on a poor team, but his offensive stats are nowhere near as impressive as Jovo's junior stats. He'll be more like a Ohlund, if he reaches his potential, in my mind. And that's not too shabby either.

Anyway, I'm going to kick myself or send a hate letter to Nonis in a year or two if Kopitar turns out to be a superstar. Then again, I might send a love letter to Nonis if Bourdon turns out to be a star and Kopitar turns out to be a bust.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Lindros, cry baby (I hope he signs with the Leafs so he can deliver the cancer virus to that team).
    Ok, If Lindros signs for less than $2 mil (a la O'Neill) then I'd love to have him on the Leafs. Before his last injury he was doing well. He's well worth the risk at a discounted price. As for "cancer", his dream is to play for the leafs, I doubt he'd ruin his time there.

....Anti-Leafs sentiment... ...

if teams skip over kopitar because of his nationality, then they are really stupid. hes playing in SEL against men, and playing very well as a teenager, who cares where he comes from! if thats the reason canucks pass over on him, im gonna flip! kopitar should be a star, im glad LA drafted him so frolov have somebody to play with, those 2 should be fun to watch.
    bourdon's stats dont look great, i'll grant you that. but 30+ pts from a D is not so bad. scoring is down in every league, its hard to expect him to put up the same #s jovo put up 10 yrs ago in junior. besides, hes not as gifted as jovo, thats for sure. from what i read, hes not very creative offensively, so he'll probably never get as much pts as jovo.
    as for lindros, hes always wanted to play for the leafs, im sure he'll take a major pay cut to play there. imagine sundin-lindros on the top 2 lines, that'll be sick (assuming they both stay healthy and produce as expected). damn the leafs, they are getting better AND younger AND cheaper!!

Ok, If Lindros signs for less than $2 mil (a la O'Neill) then I'd love to have him on the Leafs. Before his last injury he was doing well. He's well worth the risk at a discounted price. As for "cancer", his dream is to play for the leafs, I doubt he'd ruin his time there.

....Anti-Leafs sentiment... ...
    I bet Lindros does sign with the Leafs for a cheap cheap price. Don't count on him not being a cancer though. He's been a cancer for every team he's played for. Definitely not the type of player I would want on my team. He's also very injury prone mind you so if he does sign with my most hated team, I'll welcome it very much.

if teams skip over kopitar because of his nationality, then they are really stupid. hes playing in SEL against men, and playing very well as a teenager, who cares where he comes from! if thats the reason canucks pass over on him, im gonna flip! kopitar should be a star, im glad LA drafted him so frolov have somebody to play with, those 2 should be fun to watch.
    bourdon's stats dont look great, i'll grant you that. but 30+ pts from a D is not so bad. scoring is down in every league, its hard to expect him to put up the same #s jovo put up 10 yrs ago in junior. besides, hes not as gifted as jovo, thats for sure. from what i read, hes not very creative offensively, so he'll probably never get as much pts as jovo.
    as for lindros, hes always wanted to play for the leafs, im sure he'll take a major pay cut to play there. imagine sundin-lindros on the top 2 lines, that'll be sick (assuming they both stay healthy and produce as expected). damn the leafs, they are getting better AND younger AND cheaper!!
    Yeah, I know Kopitar was playing in the SEL, which is kind of odd why so many brought up the fact that he came from a weak hockey nation (Slovenia). It's really dumb of the Sharks, Sens, Nucks, and Habs to a point to not go after him. Then again, what do we know. He can turn out to be a total bust like so many first rounders of past.

As for Bourdon, the only reason I pointed out his offensive stats weren't impressive is because he plays a lot of minutes and on a horrible team. This means they must rely on him for pretty much everything, including scoring. I don't see him as being a Jovo, but more like a Ohlund instead. He's steady, good skater, aggressive, and with a touch of scoring. Jovo has the ability to completely turn the game around (when he's not taking idiotic penalties) and Bourdon seems to be capable of what Ohlund does.

Oh, I can't believe Foote signed with the Straight Jackets. Wow! Talk about a shocker.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

I bet Lindros does sign with the Leafs for a cheap cheap price. Don't count on him not being a cancer though. He's been a cancer for every team he's played for. Definitely not the type of player I would want on my team. He's also very injury prone mind you so if he does sign with my most hated team, I'll welcome it very much. .
    i dont think hes been a cancer everywhere he went, at least he seems to be fine with the rangers. besides, he played on team canada b4, and im sure if lindros is really that bad, he wont make the national team. i think his attitude problem is overblown to be honest. he is injury prone tho, if he play his physical aggressive style like he did in the 90s, he wont last much longer.

Yeah, I know Kopitar was playing in the SEL, which is kind of odd why so many brought up the fact that he came from a weak hockey nation (Slovenia). It's really dumb of the Sharks, Sens, Nucks, and Habs to a point to not go after him. Then again, what do we know. He can turn out to be a total bust like so many first rounders of past.

As for Bourdon, the only reason I pointed out his offensive stats weren't impressive is because he plays a lot of minutes and on a horrible team. This means they must rely on him for pretty much everything, including scoring. I don't see him as being a Jovo, but more like a Ohlund instead. He's steady, good skater, aggressive, and with a touch of scoring. Jovo has the ability to completely turn the game around (when he's not taking idiotic penalties) and Bourdon seems to be capable of what Ohlund does.

Oh, I can't believe Foote signed with the Straight Jackets. Wow! Talk about a shocker.
    the reason i say bourdons style is similar to jovo is because of his physicality. luc will hit and hit often, like jovo does. and bourdons speed is supposed to be more on jovo's level then ohlund. but i do agree with u that he does resemble ohlund as well. either way, im more and more excited about this pick, if he is indeed a combination of jovo and ohlund, i think we got ourself an allstar dman.

there so many signing today. hatcher to philly, holik to atlanta, amonte to calgary, etc. im surprise by how much money some of these players are getting. malik for 3 yr at $2.5M per!?!? ru kidding me!? but then its the rangers, so im not that surprise, but still!!
    ps, foote a great signing for the jackets.

I was listening to Dan Russell Sportstalk and it seems like Naslund has come to a deal with the Canucks. It's not official but we should be hearing something really soon.

Bertuzzi's fate is mostly likely decided this week and some say it's even as close as wednesday

Almo - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official. We get Nazzy back at only $6mill a season for 3 seasons. I'm sure he got better offers, but I doubt any of the competitive teams made those offers since they don't have the cap room. Naslund wants the cup so bad, his best option would either be Vancouver or play at a discount for Colorado. His wage sets the bar for all the top free agents now. I can't see anyone, other than Foppa deserving to get pay more than him, but Foppa will play for a discount with the Avs I'm guessing. I hope Niedermayer will take a simliar wage to Naslund's no matter what team he signs with.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132279

This pretty much means we're out of the Niedermayer sweepstakes. So's Edmonton, but they got Pronger so they ain't complaining.

monkey - I just don't like Lindros as a person. He's been a cry baby ever since the day he got drafted. He was very bad news for the Flyers. Can you imagine that the Flyers lost Forsberg for this guy?

Anyway, I was glue to the hockey boards and online radio stations all day yesterday. Craziest hockey day I've ever seen. You know what's funny? Somebody at the Canucks.com board pointed out that Marek Malik was listed as a Ranger in the NHLPA site several hours before he was one. At first, everyone thought that was just a typo, but someone over there at the board pointed it out to Mojo about it and several hours later, Malik signed with the Rangers.

Now guys. All we need is a scorer and a capable d-man. Karyia still available? Matthew Schneider, Gonchar, Ralfaski I don't care. As long as we keep our team in tact, we'll have an advantage over everyone else.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

nazzys back!! FOR THREE MORE YEARS!! wooooooooohooooooooooo!! i thought at most hes only back for 2 years, i guess the moneys just too good to turn down . now if bettman can stop being as @$$ and reinstate bert already.

these 2 days had been the most exciting days as a hockey fan in my life. mabbe its becuz of the long lockout, but every little signing is a huge deal to me for some reason. pronger to oiler? jackets got foote? amonte to flames? its nice to see these small market teams adding payroll instead of dumping salary.

sopel is traded, maliks gone, i wonder if that means we are freeing up cap and roster space for neidermayer? scott said he'll decide by wednesday, and the 'nucks are holding a press conference at 5pm on the same day...theres possiblilty (lets hope they didnt hold a press conference to talk about the sopel trade). nazzy also said that forsberg will sign within the next 24-48 hrs, and nazzy knows which team he'll sign too! now if forsberg isnt signing w/ the nucks, why would he tell only nazzy ahead of time? mabbe the press conference is for foppa?? lol, so many possibility!! altho i prefer scott over peter on the nucks (even tho forsberg is one of my fav player), i wouldnt be upset if we can get either one.

BQ44- i understand what u mean. lindros did act like a crybaby (refusing to play for quebec, demanding a trade from philly) but i think he matured abit, and i think now that hes no longer 'the man' in the nhl hes less damanding. oh well, if the leafs sign him i think its a perfect fit. with the likely departure of domi from toronto, they need another whiny annoying player to stay 'the most hated team in sport' title. lol, i kid i kid.

nazzys back!! FOR THREE MORE YEARS!! wooooooooohooooooooooo!! i thought at most hes only back for 2 years, i guess the moneys just too good to turn down . now if bettman can stop being as @$$ and reinstate bert already.

these 2 days had been the most exciting days as a hockey fan in my life. mabbe its becuz of the long lockout, but every little signing is a huge deal to me for some reason. pronger to oiler? jackets got foote? amonte to flames? its nice to see these small market teams adding payroll instead of dumping salary.

sopel is traded, maliks gone, i wonder if that means we are freeing up cap and roster space for neidermayer? scott said he'll decide by wednesday, and the 'nucks are holding a press conference at 5pm on the same day...theres possiblilty (lets hope they didnt hold a press conference to talk about the sopel trade). nazzy also said that forsberg will sign within the next 24-48 hrs, and nazzy knows which team he'll sign too! now if forsberg isnt signing w/ the nucks, why would he tell only nazzy ahead of time? mabbe the press conference is for foppa?? lol, so many possibility!! altho i prefer scott over peter on the nucks (even tho forsberg is one of my fav player), i wouldnt be upset if we can get either one.
    Yeah, we got screwed royally over the Bert thing! I mean, this is almost 2 years later and nothing has happened yet????????? Nonis wasn't given a chance. Bettman should've reinstated Bertuzzi before the draft, not in the midst of free agency.

I don't mind losing Malik, but I have no idea why Nonis traded Sopel for a draft pick. I'm guessing he's up to something to, but to bring in Scotty N. at the wage he's seeking just isn't worth it. It'll be better if they kept Sopel and bring in a guy from the farm to fill Malik's spot. I'm hoping for something big too, but I doubt it'll be the "big" thing that the two of us are hoping for. I doubt it'll be Niedemayer or Forsberg that's coming our way. It'll be more like Hamralik (can't spell this guy's name). Did you hear this rumor? It's coming from WADE radio station in Tampa. Appearantly, the Nucks are in talks with the Bolts about Vinny Lecalvier!!! I won't believe it till I see it and this rumors seems least credible of them all.

BQ44- i understand what u mean. lindros did act like a crybaby (refusing to play for quebec, demanding a trade from philly) but i think he matured abit, and i think now that hes no longer 'the man' in the nhl hes less damanding. oh well, if the leafs sign him i think its a perfect fit. with the likely departure of domi from toronto, they need another whiny annoying player to stay 'the most hated team in sport' title. lol, i kid i kid.
    No, he did't. Why else would the Flyers want to get rid of him? Clarke made a lot of bad remarks about him. Lindros is and was never a team guy. It's all about "me first" mentality for him. Don't know why the Rangers wouldn't want to re-sign him again for a cheaper price, but I don't think Sather even wants him back. Btw, only if Lindros plays for like 1-15 mill a season can he play for the Leafs, otherwise they can't afford him. Allison was rumored to go there, but that didn't happen cause they have no cap space left whatsoever.

Oh yeah, it's so funny reading the statements that Sather said regarding Malik. Appearantly, the guy has never watched a Canucks game with Malik involved judging from his comments.

Oh, will the craziness ever end? Press conference in a few mins from Vancouver. Something big is cooking... or maybe not.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Yeah, we got screwed royally over the Bert thing! I mean, this is almost 2 years later and nothing has happened yet????????? Nonis wasn't given a chance. Bettman should've reinstated Bertuzzi before the draft, not in the midst of free agency.

I don't mind losing Malik, but I have no idea why Nonis traded Sopel for a draft pick. I'm guessing he's up to something to, but to bring in Scotty N. at the wage he's seeking just isn't worth it. It'll be better if they kept Sopel and bring in a guy from the farm to fill Malik's spot. I'm hoping for something big too, but I doubt it'll be the "big" thing that the two of us are hoping for. I doubt it'll be Niedemayer or Forsberg that's coming our way. It'll be more like Hamralik (can't spell this guy's name). Did you hear this rumor? It's coming from WADE radio station in Tampa. Appearantly, the Nucks are in talks with the Bolts about Vinny Lecalvier!!! I won't believe it till I see it and this rumors seems least credible of them all.
    i think bettman is just worried that reinstating bert will create a negative effect among the americans. specially those who dont follow hockey, ppl like regis, or the writer for espn.com, or the average american, they still think bert should be suspended longer and/or banned. trust me, the last thing bettman wants is to piss off the americans, so its probably easier for him to keep bert and the nucks in limbo.

well we can cross forsberg (and many other players) off the nucks wishlist, cuz he just signed with philly. this really irritate me, as an avs fan (yes im a fan of both the nucks and avs ) i have to wonder y he wouldnt take $5M and stay w/ the avs?? y go from a proven winner to a pretender?

as for neidermayer, team1040 is saying hes going to the ducks to play with his bro. like u said, i dont think we have the cap room to add him now that i think about it. its not smart to commit $22M+ in 4 players (nazzy, bert, jovo, niedermayer) anyways, specially since the cap mite be even LOWER next year. its best to leave some room. i wouldnt mind having hamrlik tho, if the price is rite. but im guessing it'll be 1 ufa signing (witt im hoping) and 1 promotion from the mooses (bieska, or mabbe even koltsov or bourdon) to round out the top 6 next season.

i dunno what we'll give up for vinny L, mabbe both sedins? i wouldnt do it. plus hes unrestricted next year. we'll have to sign him long term if we trade for him, and thats gonna cost alot, so i wouldnt trade for him.

No, he did't. Why else would the Flyers want to get rid of him? Clarke made a lot of bad remarks about him. Lindros is and was never a team guy. It's all about "me first" mentality for him. Don't know why the Rangers wouldn't want to re-sign him again for a cheaper price, but I don't think Sather even wants him back. Btw, only if Lindros plays for like 1-15 mill a season can he play for the Leafs, otherwise they can't afford him. Allison was rumored to go there, but that didn't happen cause they have no cap space left whatsoever.

Oh yeah, it's so funny reading the statements that Sather said regarding Malik. Appearantly, the guy has never watched a Canucks game with Malik involved judging from his comments.

Oh, will the craziness ever end? Press conference in a few mins from Vancouver. Something big is cooking... or maybe not.
    i think clarke is a jerk himself, remember what he said about roger nielson? i wouldnt take everything he said about lindros seriously. rangers probably want him back but he always wanted to play for the leafs (his first choice when demanding a trade from philly) so mabbe thats y sather backed off. either way, the leafs are in deep sh!t. i didnt realize how much money they had tied up in old players. if they sign allison or lindros, they mite be the most fragile team in the league. sucks to be a leafs fan now.

ok now i have to get back to watching sportscenter, let see if anybody else got signed. this is surreal.

well we can cross forsberg (and many other players) off the nucks wishlist, cuz he just signed with philly. this really irritate me, as an avs fan (yes im a fan of both the nucks and avs ) i have to wonder y he wouldnt take $5M and stay w/ the avs?? y go from a proven winner to a pretender?
    Wow!!! Just read it and I couldn't believe it. Foppa is now a Flyer and for only around $5 mill a season. That's a big steal! Now, the Flyers look really scary! I was wondering why Clarke went out and got 3 d-men and then traded one of his own away. I was wondering where their scoring was going to come from when they bought out LeClair (a real possiblity for the Nucks for a cheap price since he just got a s*** load of money) and Amonte. Hmmm.... I wonder who's going to be the next Hedjuk for the Flyers? Now, they look like the most dominate team in the league. Then again.... With all those big pylons in the back end and all the rule changes, Clarke might've screwed himself royally. It'll be funny if they have one of the highest gaa next year.

Oh, I'll be honest with you. The Avs are my second favorite team too. It's cause of Burnaby Joe and their wide open style of play. Having said that, I couldn't be more excited that they lost Foote and Forsberg. Now, they might not compete with us for the division, but Flames and Oilers look a bit scary now. Btw, the Avs really have no money left to offer Foppa. They're at close to $35-36 mill and with the cap projected to being even lower next year, they'll be really screw if they sign Foppa to the anything larger than $2-$3 mill a season. They should've bought out Blake and kept Foppa.

as for neidermayer, team1040 is saying hes going to the ducks to play with his bro. like u said, i dont think we have the cap room to add him now that i think about it. its not smart to commit $22M+ in 4 players (nazzy, bert, jovo, niedermayer) anyways, specially since the cap mite be even LOWER next year. its best to leave some room. i wouldnt mind having hamrlik tho, if the price is rite. but im guessing it'll be 1 ufa signing (witt im hoping) and 1 promotion from the mooses (bieska, or mabbe even koltsov or bourdon) to round out the top 6 next season.
    I was hearing L.A. and Jersey, but now that JR might go to L.A., I don't think neidermayer will go there. no cap room. I'm thinking Burke is too strict of a gm to just throw $6-7 mill a season on one d-man so the only place I can see SN ending up is back to New Jersey.

i dunno what we'll give up for vinny L, mabbe both sedins? i wouldnt do it. plus hes unrestricted next year. we'll have to sign him long term if we trade for him, and thats gonna cost alot, so i wouldnt trade for him.
    We might not give up much if it's just a salary dump plus it might only be for one year of Vinny's service. Anyway, it was just a stupid rumour and I doubt that it'll ever come true.

i think clarke is a jerk himself, remember what he said about roger nielson? i wouldnt take everything he said about lindros seriously. rangers probably want him back but he always wanted to play for the leafs (his first choice when demanding a trade from philly) so mabbe thats y sather backed off. either way, the leafs are in deep sh!t. i didnt realize how much money they had tied up in old players. if they sign allison or lindros, they mite be the most fragile team in the league. sucks to be a leafs fan now.

ok now i have to get back to watching sportscenter, let see if anybody else got signed. this is surreal.
    Yeah, I don't like Clarke or Lindros. Having said that, the Nucks really need 2 d-men (where are your Bourdon ) and a scoring wigner/forward for the twins. Lindros at a considerable discount might work, but I would much rather have LeClair. I hate Lindros, but if he played for the Nucks and didn't do anything bad, I might change my mind about him.

Anyway, Pat Quinn really screwed up the Leafs when he was gm. Signing a bunch of over the hill guys to huge contracts knowing a lockout was imminent and a cap would prevail just reeks of stupidity. Now, they can't afford to sign anybody. How many Jeff O'neils do they expect out there? I doubt Lindros would play for the Leafs at 1.5mil a season. I bet they won't make the playoffs next season and I bet every time they play the Flyers, they'll inch a little closer to retirement.

Oh yeah. Now, I understand why Nonis drafted Bourdon instead of Kopitar. He knew he was going to lose a d-man or two. I still don't get the Sopel trade though. He might be a liability on some nights, but at his price for a good skating d-man, it's really hard to go by.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!