Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Well, if u want the cup, u have to play them eventually

But even w/ Forsberg, I don't know anyone on Nashville; are they all bunch of nobodies?
    not unless they get upset by the 8th seed in the first round.

i wouldnt say they r nobodies, they do have kariya (the good one, paul, not the crappy one steve), arnott, sullivan, kiminom, zidlicky, vockon. but their strenth is in their youngsters, hamhuis, suter, weber, legwand, radulov, hartnell are all playing great and hasnt been noticed yet. this is not an old team that will disappear after this yr.

ps: woohoo 1000 posts in this thread!! cheers to us.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

nashville is gonna kill so badly in the playoffs. their lineup is officially rigged. even after losing some great young guys, upshall and parent, they still look good everywhere. with two great goalies, vokoun and mason. their backend is great and up front WOW. but i don't think they can bring home the cup.

thing is, playoff is won wif great goaltending. there is a good chance that nashville will see 2 of the best goalies in the league in the 1st round (cgy and van). i've seen too many stacked teams getting upset. i still think nashville have the best chance, but theres a much better odds of them not winning the cup.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

the odds of winning the cup is 1/30 if each team got an equal chance, the odds of winning it in the playoffs is far less. i doubt vancouver or calgary can grab the cup, but it'll be great if vancouver does cause i dont want calgary winning a cup, they will forever be only 1 cup, haha. like my friend said calgary can never get enough cups to make a bra, HAHA

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. wish you guys the best on all your endeavors

happy CNY to u too trizz. gong hey fat choi

hey according to this site http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/6472886 the nucks are over 90% sure to make the playoff. oilers unfortunately are down to 25%. the nucks actually have a chance to climb over sj and dal in pts. but we havent play great lately, luongo had been stealing us wins. we better turn it around quickly.

too bad forsberg didnt do more in his first game in nashville, i was hoping he'll score a goal or 2. oh well.

oh there goes bergeron for a guy that we can't even use for this season, i guess its salary dumping from lowe to sign smyth. oh wells, not like i really care, we're not gonna make the playoffs our max is at 5 loses now, which means we have to win 22 or so games. that is a ridiculously high number considering how many games are left. well you'll know i'll be cheering for the nuks when they make the playoffs.

btw did you get a load of cash for cny?

yea i dont really understand the bergeron trade either, does dat means the oilers are waving the white flag now? unless they just trade him to open up a spot for a guys like brewer or souray, i guess lowe gives up on making the playoff. too bad, i much rather have the oilers in than the flames or wilds. but hey, at least we have u to cheer us on in the playoff now haha.

i dunno how much i got, my mom's family have this weird tradition where u dont open your 'red pockets' for 2 wks. just like xmas, we arent allowed to open our presents till the 26th. as far as i know we r the only family dat does dat. dunno y. haha. how much did u get?

maybe we're related, same here, i can't open until 2 weeks later and same with a lot of my friends. for xmas it use to be boxing day that we open present until my protest in jr. high that really pissed my parents off then they let us open at 12 am december 24th, haha.

what i hear from people is that the bergeron trade was salary dumping. i don't really understand, bergeron is our top dman in scoring and now he's gone whos gonna pick up the pp from the backend. I really have no clue whats going on. from the looks of it i think lowe is gonna go for some big trade, heard someone has played his last game against ottawa last night.

haha wouldnt it be weird if we are some distance cousin or something?? lol. but its odd, cuz here in bc, or even ppl dat r from other countries, they never have to wait to open "lei see" or presents. i remember i tried protesting once at xmas, and my mom said "either wait or u wont even get any presents", dat shut me up very fast.

anyways, bergeron isnt even making dat much money, and u guys arent close to the cap, so i see no reason for a dump. thing is, bergeron is not a very good defensive player. he got a big shot and can skate, but his coverage down low sux, he cant clear the net and constantly turning the puck over. when edm plays van, we WANTS to see bergeron out there cuz of his giveaways. i just think dat lowe is frustrated wif him and wanna unload his contract for next yr. also the oilers are pretty out of it, so mite as well build a team for next yr. dats my take on it.

yeah the oil won tonight, but i didn't watch the game so i dont know if we were actually playing or the opponent just kinda sucked that night.

vancouver is on fire, how many wins have they accumulated since the xmas break? this is crazy, i think vancouver could go far

trade deadline is next week, i think the oilers are gonna be pretty quiet, nothing much will probably be happening and we seem to be playing a lot of our prospects lately and they seem to be doing great so i have no clue what lowe is doing, hey may trade away a couple prospects for some more picks and probably wont pick up anyone, maybe a couple dmen.

hey man we could just be related, but that's kinda farfetched, i have no none relatives in vancouver anyways, and plus that place is full of fobs, i know youre not one, haha. you're talking about hockey.

van is 18-3-3 since xmas, the best winning percentage in the league. but even tho we won so many games i dont think we r playing dat well. we keep gettin outshot and somehow just winning by 1 goal. our goalies won us most of our games since the all star game. i think we really miss kesler's speed and hussel.

4 days till the trading deadline. cant wait! i think edm should try to trade smyth for some good prospects now, then resign him in the summer. kinda like wat philly did w/ forsberg. i dont think van can afford to acquire many players cuz we dont have a very deep pool of prospects. should be able to get the #5/6 dman and a RW dat we need tho. hopefully its somebody like heward and carter. errr i get so excited around the deadline, i find myself checking tsn.ca every hour hehe.

yeah, now that i'm watching some of the van games, luongo is really stealing the show. well good goaltending usually lead you really far into the playoffs look where it got us last year.

I think its almost official we're playing the young guys and giving a chance to get some experience, so i think lowe is close to giving up a lost to minnesota and its all over, we're done toasted.

wow, did u see some of the trades dat went down in the wk end? rivet for a 1st round pick? o'brien for a 1st? tkachuk for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and another conditional 1st? its way too expensive to buy rite now. i hope nonis stay away from those insanely high price. its stupid to mortgage your future like atlanta did. its not a bad thing to miss the playoff this yr, u can probably rebuild your oilers in 1 summer.

vancouver pulled it off good, couple of conditional picks for smolinski and sopel. I hope this give the nuks the depth they need going into the playoffs.

yeah i was so surprised when tkachuk was traded away for so much, it was ridiculous. so are all those trades that invovled first round picks and all that. HOLY do you really need that much stuff to get 1 guy? the best deal was probably the anson carter one, he got traded for a 5th round pick... must have been some kind of negotiation.
    Last edited by trizz251; 02-26-07 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    vancouver pulled it off good, couple of conditional picks for smolinski and sopel. I hope this give the nuks the depth they need going into the playoffs.

yeah i was so surprised when tkachuk was traded away for so much, it was ridiculous. so are all those trades that invovled first round picks and all that. HOLY do you really need that much stuff to get 1 guy? the best deal was probably the anson carter one, he got traded for a 5th round pick... must have been some kind of negotiation.
    Sweet, im happy that Sopes is back. Nonis did great today. Didn't have to give up too much.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

wow... we lost smyth.... i guess its done we gave up. we lost the face of our franchise and we picked up some more prospects for next season, we can still sign him during the off season, but thats still so doubtful. man this sux, its over we're not making the playoffs.
    Last edited by trizz251; 02-27-07 at 05:45 PM.

its great to have smolinski and sopel, especially since we didnt have to give up a king's ransom like some other teams did. im even happier to know we somehow kept the king's 2nd this yr. i like smolinski so far, he made a pretty nice pass to bulis on a 2 on 1, and won some face offs. sopes also created some chances on the PP. i think these deals gives us more skill and depth, while not messing team chemistry and didnt cost much. good job nonis!

its too bad smyth had to go, but i heard contract negotiation wasnt going anywhere, so its good dat they at least get something for him now. nilsson is a skilled player, he broke naslund's record for most pts by an 18 y/o in SEL, so u know he can put up pts if given the chance. and o'marra was the captain for team canada for WJC, and u get a 1st (probably around #14-18). should've got a dman from the isle, but not a bad trade, especially if u can re-sign smyth in the summer.

im surprised dat guerin return less then tkachuk. seems like price was lower today for some reason. bert going to the wings worries me, if he ever plays up to potential, i wouldnt wanna play the wings in the PO.

pretty crazy day overall. was fun!

not fun for the oilers and their fans. well the fun part today was probably messier's number going up now that was something special, it's great to see all those great oilers back together.

Trading Smyth away reminds me a bit of Carolina after they went to the finals, didn't they get a major make over in the 2-3 year span of time that they fell into a slump? and as well as anahiem and other teams that made it to the finals but didn't win? So as calgary too if you think about it. I dont know if we can get him back, I dont think Snow is a dumb@$$, he traded literally 3 first rounders for a guy, that's a lot of future going away. If smyth does come back then we basically robbed NYI of quite a bit of stuff.

according to sources this year's draft is pretty good isn't it? so three first rounder pick would be quite good, we can pick up 2 dmen and maybe another forward.

kudos to nonis, those were pretty good trades. i guess he knows what he's doing vancouver got nothing to worry about. if they had burke he'd be doing nothing.

meh, i hate messier (killed us while hes an oiler and ranger, then play like crap when hes wif the nucks) so i wasnt too interested when they retire his jersey. kinda funny dat they trade away smyth the same day, but mabbe this is the start of a new beginning.
    if smyth comes back to the oilers, then yes edm would've robbed the isle pretty good. but dats the same for philly (if forsberg re-sign in the summer) or stl (if tkachuk/guerin returns). dats wat happen when u trade for rental players, its a risk. but i dunno if smyth wanna come back. i heard lowe and smyth were only 300k apart in negotiation, and i think both parties felt pretty hurt dat neither budge for such a small number. plus i dunno if its wise to pay smyth $5.5M for 5 yrs, u know the way he plays dat his body is gonna fall apart eventually.
    i dont think the draft is great this yr. there are some top end talent, but no crosby/ovechkin type. and after the first 10 picks it really falls off. basically a guy drafted at #75 could be as good as a guy drafted at #25. i think dats y so many GMs r willin to trade away 1st rounders for rivets/o'briens.