Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

btw, check this site out http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ke-diary_x.htm
    u get to see how GMs (like burke) make trades and wat the asking prices were. i like this quote
    Quote Originally Posted by brian burke
    Saturday, Feb. 17

I talk to Florida assistant GM Randy Sexton about Todd Bertuzzi, and he tells me "the guy we like is Perry." I offer him profanity. If you are offended by profanity, it's difficult to make a trade in the NHL. If you are going to try to rob me, at least wear a mask. We talk to Philadelphia about Kyle Calder.
    god, burke is so funny and his quote r always great for laughs.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

haha good stuff. good stuff. nilsson and schremp lite it up in the minors today. 6 points between the two. I guess that's a good sign from the smyth trade. I really have nothing more to say. Just had an exam and i dont think i did too well and the oilers lost?!?! oh wells. things are starting to go down the negative side for me....

its just a midterm rite? dont worry too much abouit it, until u get your exam back u never know if u did well or not, and even if u didnt do so good, u can always make it up on the final exam. plus once u graduate (like me) u'll realize dat grades just isnt very important anymore. as long as u grad, no employer really cares about your mark.

stupid oilers, was hoping they'll do us a favor and beat the wild. thx for nothing!! lol. u guys play them again 2x so dont let me down!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

meh i'm all over my midterms now, who cares, haha. man we suck ever since smyth left our goal differential is 0-8, that is ridiculous, maybe if we lose enough games we can get the first overall pick, who is the first overall guy anyways?

i want to go buy a pens jersey now, dont know why just have the sudden urge to go buy a pens jersey. i dont want a nuks jersey but go nuks in the playoffs and in the east go crosby and company. i swear thats a dynasty in the making.

found this in the nuks msg board

It was all planned:

Lowe had a chat with Smyth:

KL: Hey Ryan, we really want to sign you...

RS: Yeah, the numbers make sense, where do I sign...

KL: We screwed up at the beginning of this year and lost a lot of our team, and need to rebuild...

RS: So what's you plan?

KL: Let me trade you to a team that is going to make the playoffs, or is in better shape than us...we'll pick up some very good prospects for the organization, and then re-sign you in the offseason...

RS: Sounds like a plan, who's the sucker?

KL: Garth Snow

even though i like this representation, from the conference call i dont think smyth is coming back.
    Last edited by trizz251; 03-03-07 at 12:23 AM.

if smyth thinks he coming back, he wouldnt be crying like a little baby at the press conference. i think the chances of him going back to edm is next to nil. but it mite not be a bad thing, i mean do u really want smyth for 5 yrs at $5.5m? hes good, but im not sure hes worth dat much, plus his style of play is very prone to injuries.

ha, nowadays everybody wants a pens jersey. when i got my crosby jersey 2 summers ago ppl laughed at me. i showed them! lol. get a malkin jersey, or staal, or fleury. altho aside from sidney, i dunno if any one of them will stay there long term. imagine in 5 yrs when all their contracts r up and they all want to be paid $8m. no way they can keep all of them.

I need to get a pens jersey b4 the playoff starts or i can just start small with a baseball cap. I can't go out and get oiler gear now, all those bandwagoners are gonna start calling me a fag for wearing oilers gear during down time. it doesn't even make sense to me those stupid bandwagoners should go back to calgary where they belong. I swear after that playoff race so many self-proclaimed die hard oiler and hockey fans appeared out of no where. If they knew i was on this forum talking about hockey since well b4 the lockout then they'll know who's a true fan.

Hey what are your thoughts about the playoff race in the west. I dont think its much of a race anymore, unless the flames really do screw up pretty badly. I think its all set, just that some teams are gonna be moving up and down a bit.

i think u mite wanna hold off on the pens jersey too, i heard on the radio dat they r seriously thinking about moving the team. i guess the city and lemieux just cant come to an agreement. its not dat much diff too, i heard its about $1m per yr. kinda stupid that pitt would let their hockey team leave over so little money, especially wif the star players they have.

oh btw, dont worry about wat other ppl say about u, i still wear my canucks bure jersey once in awhile, i dont care wat ppl think haha

i think in the west the top 8 is pretty much set. even if calgary play .500 hockey, the oilers need to go something like 17-1 to get in, so its pretty much over. doubt the nucks will hold on to the #3 seed tho. sure we've been winning, but its largely been luongo stealing us games, and recently even he had been struggling. i think the east is very interesting, cuz from 6-10 its seperated by like 5 pts. i hope the habs make it but looks like they r gonna just drop out of it. isle made a good trade for smyth it looks like, as long as the make the PO.

I hope carolina doesn't make it in the east. i'm rooting for the pens down there. I think buffalo, jersey, TB, ottawa, atlanta and pens are in for sure. about the last 2 spots i think its probably up for grabs. It'd be awesome to see the islanders in it. still rooting for smyth, he didn't do anything wrong, its just that the situation here just wasn't right and the worse happen. why can't people come to their sense and stop bashing KLowe, he's a good GM. if you think about he's not a bad GM at all, all his moves were made with the team in mind. I hope the rangers make it too. i really want to see them in the playoffs. as for the habs and leafs i could care less about them.

i dont think tb and atlanta r for sure to make it, theres a few teams just below them, a win streak for a couple of those teams and tb/atl could be out. plus lots of teams chasing them are playing each other, if theres alot of 3 pts games it could really affect the standing.
    wouldnt it be weird if car dont make it to the PO either, the 2 teams dat played in the final last yr arent in this yrs PO? lol dat would be a PR disaster for bettman.
    i dont think ppl r bashin lowe as much now dat they got some time to think about the situation. its obvious dat oiler fans r pissed dat they lost their heart-and-soul player, but i think they realize its the rite thing to do. i wouldnt say lowe is a great GM, cuz he wasted this yr by not acquiring a capable d-man for his team. but he did right in this situation imo.
    as much as i hate the leafs and rangers, i hope they make it in too. its just bad for the nhl to have the 2 largest market not making the PO. the ratings will be high for their games. i rather they make it then a city like NJ, cuz at least ranger fans will show up to game. devils dont even sell out for the 1st round.

I think lowe was playing it safe this season, if you really look at it, there weren't a lot of defensemens out there that he could have picked up. they were either too old, too expensive or they're all locked up.

HOLY look at our injury list. we just called up our last pro dman.
    Stoll, Moreau, Reasoner, Staios, Hedja, Tjarnqvist, Roy, Gilbert, Hemsky, Nedved.

Thatas 5 dman, we're left with Smith as the only veteran and young guys like smid, greene, syrvet. that's only 3 dman, the new guy called up bryan young would make 5 dman. that's all we have the rest are in IR. OMG have you ever seen this b4?

yeah if the leafs and rangers dont make it bettman could see the nhl profit drop. I don't have a care for carolina if they dont make the playoffs, i personally still don't like them, i dont want them to make the playoffs at all and ever again too!

there were some dmen out there at the begining dat lowe could've picked up, guys like zhitnik was traded for meyer, im sure the oilers can top dat. and guys like aucoin were always available if ur desperate enuff. while they arent pronger-like, they could've really help your team.

wow, tough luck w/ all the injuries. but its probably a good thing, if u arent makin the playoff mite as well drop as far as u can so u can draft higher.

did u see the chris simon slash yesterday? talk about vicious! he should be suspended for the rest of the season and playoff, mabbe more next yr. the other guy is lucky he didnt die, cuz if simon slash him a few inches lower he would've got it in the neck. not sure wat it is wif march 8th and hockey incidents. first the bert/moore incident, now this. *shakehead*

isn't it 3 year bert incident.. that was disgusting i didn't like it one bit, but aint' hollweg (sp) alright, like he wasn't hurt after the game during the interview and all that. i'm kinda surprised simon would do something like that, it's not part of the game he should be out of the nhl for good. what has the game come to, i hope i never see another one of these cheap shots again, it's 2 in 3 years, that's not good. like if you're mad and want to fight then go fight don't shove your stick up someone's chin, that is just wrong, that is so so so wrong.

Wow I can't believe absolutely NO ONE here mentioned about JEFF "BRABARIAN" COWAN and the bra incident.

Luongo ties and then sets new franchise record for most wins by a Canuck goaltender woot

Jeff Cowan was hot the past few games and the streak ends yesterday but was still a good memorable little goal streak. Hope he keeps it up along with the grit he provides.

RYAN GETZLAF became NHL's 2nd star of the night yesterday

hey kiss is back, i should be at work but i got injured so i'm here at home. Kiss do you mind, kiss my booboo better it's so painful. i spilled hot water on my leg and OUCH IT HURTS %#@& omg i should get some rest not be on a forum....

I bet that was Kiss's bra thrown at that game.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

i have never seen kiss in real life, does that bra fit her, haha it could be too big, HAHAHAHA. but it could be hers, but then she's a getzlaf fan, she won't throw her bra for cowan.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    i have never seen kiss in real life, does that bra fit her, haha it could be too big, HAHAHAHA. but it could be hers, but then she's a getzlaf fan, she won't throw her bra for cowan.
    You're one smart man, trizz knows me best.

that's right our couple months on the same thread got us to be tight friends, haha i know what kinda hockey fan you are and you know what kind i am, haha. but right now i'm in considerable amount of pain. oilers get injured and now i get injured, HAHA funny... actually no its really painful. 2nd degree burn is painful.

kiss are you coming back just for the PO? we're gonna find a way to make you stay, haha. oilers are definitely out of the picture so right now i'm still cheering for them but in teh PO it's nuks and pens all the way, if they meet in the finals i hope the nuks win. luongo can bring them really far.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    that's right our couple months on the same thread got us to be tight friends, haha i know what kinda hockey fan you are and you know what kind i am, haha. but right now i'm in considerable amount of pain. oilers get injured and now i get injured, HAHA funny... actually no its really painful. 2nd degree burn is painful.

kiss are you coming back just for the PO? we're gonna find a way to make you stay, haha. oilers are definitely out of the picture so right now i'm still cheering for them but in teh PO it's nuks and pens all the way, if they meet in the finals i hope the nuks win. luongo can bring them really far.
    Nucks and Pens in the finals would be insane. I would definitely try to get tickets for one game.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

i was at the tb/nucks game where the bra was thrown, and initially i thot it was some dirty cloth cuz it looks like the ref didnt wanna touch it. it wasnt till i got on the skytrain when ppl start talkin about it dat i find out its a bra. i wonder if the person took off her own bra then throw it on the ice, or did he/she had a spare. either way, its much better for us male fans if the ladies would throw their undergarment on the ice after every goal jkjk
    oh btw, after cowan's goal in phx somebody thrown a bra on the ice and cowan kept it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Nucks and Pens in the finals would be insane. I would definitely try to get tickets for one game.
    yea good luck wif dat, tix r 203% more expensive for the 4th round, and dats if u can buy it off the nucks. if u buy it from other tix holder they r charging AT LEAST double wat they paid, so ur lookin at around 400% regular price. my friend just paid $1400 for 4 playoff tix (1 game in each round) and hes selling round 2 game 2 for $500, so u can imagine how much ppl will charge for the final.